TJ25487 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    tbergs said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    Buckle up, and may god speed. 
    Hey bud....what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents at maralago?
    One of these days...maybe one of these people will answer this question. lol

I don't know the answer to that, and neither do you.  Quite frankly, anything Merrick Garland puts his stamp on I do not trust.  For all I know, shit was planted there.  I know if it was as damaging as the blue bloods claim it to be, he would be in prison, but he isn't, so whatever they found/planted, it wasn't any worse than what Obama left with.  But don't act like you know.  You don't.  The fact is, you democrats vote party over policy.  You worship politicians, they are your heros.  I hope your daughters never have to play sports against a biological male, or have to use the same bathroom as a biological male, or that a criminal that was released on a 'cashless bond' doesnt do any harm to a family member  I'm not here to disparage anyone (sorry Brian for calling you a scab), just trying to identify anything good the administration has done besides divide the country while enriching themselves.  The two party system here is BS, it a lesser of two evils choice for me. But dont sit here and act like everything is going as planned or promised.  Thats all, enjoy the weekend!  Stay inside if you live in one of those blue cities!  OZ!!        
    Um, are you legally blind, deaf and dumb? What side celebrates and worships their politicians?

Troll on....
    "What side celebrates and worships their politicians?"
    I just told you in my last rant, bro.  So i ask you, are you legally blind, deaf and dumb? 
    Republicans worship God.  Democrats worship politicians. 

Which god do repubs worship? Allah? Or is it Mohammad? Maybe it’s Buddha?

Me? The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
    There you go you have nothing to worry about! You can rant shout at the clouds curse the immigrants and gays and be good as long as you repent! But the liberals they are all going to hell.

see...there YOU go assuming.....associating me with the FARRRRRRR right BS.  I love the gays, blacks, whites, Latinos and they love me.  I'm just simply curious why people keep voting for democrats.  Like, i just want one legitimate reason.  Is it because you're cool with killing babies?  You're down with CRT?  Do you know a boy that wants to play for the girls swim team?  Do you like paying the tuition of college kids? do you love criminals being let out of jail for violent crimes?  
    Your statements are the epitome of what minorities can’t stand about white people and what women can’t stand about male chauvinist pigs.  

I’m fairly certain they’d/we all prefer you just be honest rather then blow smoke up peoples asses. 

Again, Roe vs wade is about a woman’s right to choose.  She never even had an abortion.  
    And this is what people hate about the left. They like to deflect rather than face up to the issues. Just like the majority of the Dems in the upcoming elections. Deflect deflect deflect, and that is why they are going to get their asses handed to them in the election. 
    First of all, I sit in the middle, my conscience decides my choices.  Second, I can recognize an ass when I see one and trump and some republicans fall into that category as well as many democrats.  Trump is the master of deflection and denial, and since you all love(d) him so much we’ve decided to act just like him. I don’t get this double standard.  Trumps an ass and it’s all good, a dems an ass and it’s not.  

I think you underestimate the power of pissed off women.  Have you even seen the numbers of new registers?  Do you realize that most of those new voters are women?  I think you may be surprised on November 8th, maybe not, but at least the dems won’t call fraudulent election if they lose.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    mrussel1 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    tbergs said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    Hey bud....what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents at maralago?

I don't know the answer to that, and neither do you.  Quite frankly, anything Merrick Garland puts his stamp on I do not trust.  For all I know, shit was planted there.  I know if it was as damaging as the blue bloods claim it to be, he would be in prison, but he isn't, so whatever they found/planted, it wasn't any worse than what Obama left with.  But don't act like you know.  You don't.  The fact is, you democrats vote party over policy.  You worship politicians, they are your heros.  I hope your daughters never have to play sports against a biological male, or have to use the same bathroom as a biological male, or that a criminal that was released on a 'cashless bond' doesnt do any harm to a family member  I'm not here to disparage anyone (sorry Brian for calling you a scab), just trying to identify anything good the administration has done besides divide the country while enriching themselves.  The two party system here is BS, it a lesser of two evils choice for me. But dont sit here and act like everything is going as planned or promised.  Thats all, enjoy the weekend!  Stay inside if you live in one of those blue cities!  OZ!!        
    Um, are you legally blind, deaf and dumb? What side celebrates and worships their politicians?

Troll on....
    I just told you in my last rant, bro.  So i ask you, are you legally blind, deaf and dumb? 

There you go you have nothing to worry about! You can rant shout at the clouds curse the immigrants and gays and be good as long as you repent! But the liberals they are all going to hell.

see...there YOU go assuming.....associating me with the FARRRRRRR right BS.  I love the gays, blacks, whites, Latinos and they love me.  I'm just simply curious why people keep voting for democrats.  Like, i just want one legitimate reason.  Is it because you're cool with killing babies?  You're down with CRT?  Do you know a boy that wants to play for the girls swim team?  Do you like paying the tuition of college kids? do you love criminals being let out of jail for violent crimes?  
    Your statements are the epitome of what minorities can’t stand about white people and what women can’t stand about male chauvinist pigs.  

I’m fairly certain they’d/we all prefer you just be honest rather then blow smoke up peoples asses. 

Again, Roe vs wade is about a woman’s right to choose.  She never even had an abortion.  
    And this is what people hate about the left. They like to deflect rather than face up to the issues. Just like the majority of the Dems in the upcoming elections. Deflect deflect deflect, and that is why they are going to get their asses handed to them in the election. 
    What precisely is the deflection here?  You argue that abortion should be a state issue.  Can you explain precisely why a state gov't is better equipped to make this decision over the federal gov't?  Just curious why bureaucrats in a state capital have better insight on a woman's situation than a federal bureaucrat.  
    Thanks, cause I didn’t get the deflection remark either.  I posted about every issue he posted about….especially his love and affection for gays and minorities and how they love him back.  I think his deflection remark was a deflection!  
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    tbergs said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Troll on....

😂😂😂 yeah sure please tell us why any sensible woman would vote Republicans when their right to choose what they can/can’t do with their own bodies is a big issue, Republicans won’t even approach the subject all they do is deflect with gas prices inflation inflation oh and crime! 
    First of all the death of Roe vs Wade just gives the decision back to the individual states like it had been for years prior. This did not nullify the woman's right to kill her unborn child like the mainstream media would have us believe. Secondly what Dems are finding out recently and are going to really find out after November 8th is that abortion is not as big of an issue to most women compared to:

"You're down with CRT?  Do you know a boy that wants to play for the girls swim team?  Do you like paying the tuition of college kids? do you love criminals being let out of jail for violent crimes?"  I'll throw in inflation, gas prices etc. These are everyday issues that most woman care about. 

If you want to get into the civil rights issues I would argue that voting Democrat is voting to erode your 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. 
    This "love criminals being let out of jail" narrative is amazing and stupid at the same time.

I cannot imagine the backlash that a democrat governor of FL would be getting right now because of the lack of a death penalty sentence to the Parkland shooter. All of you magats would be yammering ad nauseum about how weak dems are in FL yet you just let it slide for Dumsantos.  Why? Because somehow you know that it isn't Dumsantos' fault....yet you wouldn't give that same thought to a dem.

It's the bail reform thing and it has become an issue here in NY and a hot talking point.  I actually agree with that one.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    There really is no getting through to these people.

I met with a client yesterday who was talking about doing a Roth conversion in 2022. This is where you move normally non-taxable IRA money to your Roth IRA so that you get the benefits of the Roth moving forward.

There are cases where this makes sense....usually when income is down and you are in a lower tax bracket or if you have unusually high deductions (medical expenses, etc.) that will reduce taxable income.

I told them that I wasn't sure that was such a great idea because they were already in the 24% bracket....the lady says "but 24% is better than 50%!"....I looked at her funny and she said that because of all the spending that Biden is doing they will have to increase tax rates to 50% so it would make sense to do the conversion now.

This shit just defies all logic. Ironically I saw an article pop up today in some tax journal that referred to talking clients out of politically motivated financial decisions.

They were also convinced that things would be much better once the GOP took control of the house. As if Biden will just sign whatever they spit out? I'm really about ready to lose it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

I met with a client yesterday who was talking about doing a Roth conversion in 2022. This is where you move normally non-taxable IRA money to your Roth IRA so that you get the benefits of the Roth moving forward.

There are cases where this makes sense....usually when income is down and you are in a lower tax bracket or if you have unusually high deductions (medical expenses, etc.) that will reduce taxable income.

I told them that I wasn't sure that was such a great idea because they were already in the 24% bracket....the lady says "but 24% is better than 50%!"....I looked at her funny and she said that because of all the spending that Biden is doing they will have to increase tax rates to 50% so it would make sense to do the conversion now.

This shit just defies all logic. Ironically I saw an article pop up today in some tax journal that referred to talking clients out of politically motivated financial decisions.

They were also convinced that things would be much better once the GOP took control of the house. As if Biden will just sign whatever they spit out? I'm really about ready to lose it.
    This is an excellent example where people are making terrible personal decisions because of their right wing ecosystem.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

This is an excellent example where people are making terrible personal decisions because of their right wing ecosystem.  
    Relatively nice people but the wife is just off the chart maga. I think I've brought them up here before because husband got covid about a year ago and nearly died. He was on a ventilator for several months. She never mentioned covid once during our meeting.

One of his questions to me was whether or not plastic surgery was deductible related to covering up the permanent scar from the trachea tube. They have roughly $40K of out of pocket medical costs related to his treatments plus all of these alternative treatments since, of course, the real doctors don't know what they are doing.

We tend to meet once a year and it is just fucking painful to me because she is constantly just bringing politics into everything. They aren't completely stupid...they have a good understanding of taxes, etc, it's just the decision making that I mentioned above that tops it all off. 

I mean the entire line of thinking is stupid....tRump didn't increase rates to offset his deficit spending but Biden most certainly will? And why? Because Biden is more fiscally responsible? Fucking moronic.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175

i would have gotten them into a david lee roth ira. you know, the one that comes with cocaine, hookers, and jack daniels which is really great for about a decade and then it loses all of their money.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

i would have gotten them into a david lee roth ira. you know, the one that comes with cocaine, hookers, and jack daniels which is really great for about a decade and then it loses all of their money.
    I'm just always amazed at some people. They listen to all that bullshit and then set up meetings with me because they are convinced that rates will double, etc.

That has happened with at least three clients this past year. Seemingly smart and wealthy people.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    TJ25487 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    tbergs said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Troll on....

😂😂😂 yeah sure please tell us why any sensible woman would vote Republicans when their right to choose what they can/can’t do with their own bodies is a big issue, Republicans won’t even approach the subject all they do is deflect with gas prices inflation inflation oh and crime! 
    First of all the death of Roe vs Wade just gives the decision back to the individual states like it had been for years prior. This did not nullify the woman's right to kill her unborn child like the mainstream media would have us believe. Secondly what Dems are finding out recently and are going to really find out after November 8th is that abortion is not as big of an issue to most women compared to:

"You're down with CRT?  Do you know a boy that wants to play for the girls swim team?  Do you like paying the tuition of college kids? do you love criminals being let out of jail for violent crimes?"  I'll throw in inflation, gas prices etc. These are everyday issues that most woman care about. 

If you want to get into the civil rights issues I would argue that voting Democrat is voting to erode your 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. 
    This "love criminals being let out of jail" narrative is amazing and stupid at the same time.

I cannot imagine the backlash that a democrat governor of FL would be getting right now because of the lack of a death penalty sentence to the Parkland shooter. All of you magats would be yammering ad nauseum about how weak dems are in FL yet you just let it slide for Dumsantos.  Why? Because somehow you know that it isn't Dumsantos' fault....yet you wouldn't give that same thought to a dem.

"Letting criminals out of jail" is just the newest hit release from QtRUmplican Dogwhistles & Conspiracy Theories.
    The people who gave you hits like...

BLM
    CRT
    LIBS
    Antifa
    Socialists
    Hunter Biden
    But Her Emails
    Universal Healthcare
    And everyones fave oldie but a goodie Benghazi
    the ads geared toward the magats just blow my mind...they remind me of those fake movie trailers in the Grindhouse movie. Just so far fucking out there yet they must be very effective.

I'm in red meat Indiana and the ads for Todd Young are mind blowing. His focus is on communist China and how evil they are. How he introduced the "Chip Bill" which says that all chips should be made in the USA instead of China. What a fucking accomplishment this unsigned bill is! I can just hear magats everywhere saying "yeah we shood mak dem chips here in murikka instead of ching chong china!"
    To be fair, the fake Machete trailer did turn into a real one.
  • Options
    great movie...

• Options
    Damn you Brandon! And your shit two years!

U.S. added 261,000 jobs in October, as labor market softens slightly

The unemployment rate increased from September by an 0.2 percentage point to 3.7 percent

The labor market is gradually softening, but it remains hotter than economists had predicted after the Federal Reserve’s months-long campaign to control inflation.

Employers added 261,000 jobs in October, according to a new government report out Friday — down from 315,000 jobs added in September. The unemployment rate ticked up slightly to 3.7 percent, the Labor Department announced in its monthly jobs report. The rate was 3.5 percent in September. The job gains beat economists’ expectations of around 205,000.

Major U.S. stock indexes all closed up more than 1 percent on Friday after the news came out.

“This report confirms what we’ve been seeing — that the labor market remains strong because the U.S. consumer remains resilient,” said Julia Pollak, chief economist at ZipRecruiter. “If demand for companies’ goods and service remains strong, they will keep hiring. This remains the best job seekers’ market of all time.”

The jobs report arrives just days before the midterm elections where Republicans are increasingly favored to win control of Congress. The state of the economy, with inflation at 40-year highs, has played a central role in campaign messaging from the GOP.

President Biden praised the report in a statement, saying it showed “our jobs recovery remains strong,” and called out Republicans for backing policies he said would fuel inflation: “As long as I’m president, I’m not going to accept an argument that the problem is that too many Americans are finding good jobs.”

The labor market remains a pillar of strength for the overall economy, and it’s been stubbornly resilient even in the face of the Federal Reserve’s aggressive interest rate hikes. The central bank announced its sixth interest rate increase of the year Wednesday despite a growing consensus among economists that a recession is likely to hit next year.

“The message that the Fed will take away from this is that the labor market is still mostly unaffected by the Fed’s tightening,” said Cailin Birch, the lead U.S. analyst for the Economist Intelligence Unit. “Job creation is slowing, and we still expect a recession, but signs of a heavy impact aren’t appearing yet.”

Job gains were widespread across a variety of industries. Health care saw the largest gains with 53,000 jobs added, with notable increases in ambulatory health-care service, nursing facilities and hospitals. Professional and technical services added 43,000 jobs, with notable growth in management and technical consulting service, architectural and engineering services and scientific research and development. Manufacturing added 32,000 jobs, mainly in durable goods industries. Employment in leisure and hospitality also continued to grow, with 35,000 jobs added, but the sector remains 1.1 million jobs below its pre-pandemic levels.

Industries most sensitive to the Fed’s interest rate hikes, such as real estate and construction, have cooled off some. The construction industry showed little change from September, while real estate and rentals and leasing saw an 8.7 percent decline in job growth.

Other parts of the economy have slowed already in response to the Federal Reserve’s rate increases. Consumer spending on goods and real estate has fallen. Mortgage rates, at above 7 percent, have more than doubled this year.

“The combination of slower manufacturing, the housing market running into a brick wall and consumers being more cautious is contributing to a slowdown in labor demand,” said Bill Adams, chief economist for Comerica Bank, a large commercial bank in Texas.

The labor force participation rate ticked down slightly to 62.2 percent, an indicator that economists had hoped to see rise. It remains 1.2 percent lower than its February 2020 level. Economists attribute the decline in part to the aging population of boomers who are retiring and to elevated consumer demand that has pushed employers to rapidly create jobs.

“The weakening labor force participation rate is concerning because it shows job market is cooling in the wrong way,” said Daniel Zhao, the lead economist at the jobs site Glassdoor. “It’s unusual to see labor force participation falling because the labor market is hot — which should be pulling workers in off the sidelines.”

Wage growth has accelerated slightly in October. Average hourly earnings rose by 0.4 percent, to $32.58. Overall average income growth has outpaced inflation. But workers’ hourly earnings have not kept up with inflation.

Job openings rose in September to 10.7 million positions, up from 10.3 million in August, according to a different report released by the Labor Department on Tuesday, suggesting that employers are still desperate for workers. The biggest increases were in leisure and hospitality, an industry that has struggled to regain workers lost during the pandemic, but where consumers have shifted their spending in the pandemic recovery economy.

“There’s a giant backlog of unfilled positions that has prevented a slower pace of overall economic growth from flowing into the labor market, but that can’t last forever,” Adams said.

Many workers are also increasingly interested in taking second jobs and requesting longer extra hours as inflation has pinched their pocketbooks.

“I envision we’ll see people taking on more part-time work,” said Amy Glaser, senior vice president for business operations at the global staffing firm Adecco, of the coming months. “Workers we surveyed felt wage increases weren’t enough to offset inflation.”

The number of workers quitting their jobs fell slightly in September, as did the number of new hires, suggesting that workers are less confident in their ability to find better work opportunities. Also, employers are reacting to recession fears by putting a pause on hiring.

“I’m expecting to see employers reducing their employee count through attrition over next six to 12 months, and an increase in labor force participation with the cost of living pulling more people off the sidelines, particularly older Americans having increased difficulty making ends meet,” Adams said.

Myriad tech companies recently unveiled plans to cut back. Amazon announced on Thursday a pause in corporate hiring amid uncertainty about the economy. (Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post.) Lyft and Stripe, the processing payment platform, also just announced mass layoffs, as did Twitter, under new owner Elon Musk. But layoffs have remained low overall.

Democrats in Congress, such as Sen. John Hickenlooper (Colo.) and Senate Banking Committee Chairman Sherrod Brown (Ohio), have urged the Fed to back off its fight to cool the economy before it puts workers’ livelihoods in jeopardy and triggers more widespread hardship.

Labor leaders, including AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler and the Service Employees International Union President Mary Kay Henry, have echoed these demands, describing the interest rate hike announced Wednesday as “devastating for working people” and “a policy choice to balance the economy on the backs’ of working people.”

Officials at the Federal Reserve said on Wednesday that they’ve been keeping close watch over rising wage growth as an indicator of whether inflation could become entrenched, and a decline in the number of job openings as a sign that they can achieve a “soft landing,” where employer demand for workers retreats without triggering widespread job losses.

Fed Chair Jerome H. Powell said the window for a soft landing has narrowed over the course of the year, but that the bank plans to move forward with more interest rate increases because persistent inflation would be more damaging than a recession.

“We keep looking for signs of a sort of beginning of a gradual softening” of the labor market, he said. “Maybe it’s there, but it’s not obvious to me.”

The tight labor market has been good for workers. Margaret Manalo, a single mom and lounge attendant at San Francisco International Airport’s Delta Sky Club, recently received a $3 per hour raise after her union went on strike for three days over wages that had not increased since 2019. Her pay jumped from $20 to $23 per hour, but she’s still living paycheck-to-paycheck.

“The raise has helped me a lot,” said Manalo, 48. “I can now afford treatment for my two daughters’ eczema. Hopefully I can put some money in savings now, but prices have gone up a lot.”

U.S. added 261,000 jobs in October, as labor market softens slightly - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Brandon’s gonna be on the TV at 3:00pm making a statement about the election yesterday and then taking questions. I look forward to the dementia Brandon comments.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This thread is about as insane as I assumed it would be if a "modern day republican" showed up to fight the irrational fight, lol.
    Things are lively again for a change. It'll get livelier with an indictment and much more so when the repubs take congress. Then we'll see the crowing. It'll be nice to see all of our nation's problems solved though, for a change.
    I was going to say...in two weeks this place is going to be nauseating over all the "winning". 
    You have no idea
    Hello?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,879
    planning to run again
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It’s why I’m “Riden’ with Brandon!”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    "Standin' with Brandon"
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    "Standin' with Brandon"

this
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    if i were a cowboy or a rancher could i be "brandin' with brandon"?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RNDM with Brandon 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Brandon predicted the dems would hold the senate a few days before the election. Something fishy is going on! I demand a recount of all votes except those counted after the polls closed on election day. STOLEN!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    What was it they were saying he’s old senile all kinds of hateful vitriol! Yet he keeps proving the doubters wrong! There’s only one party that looks to be in disarray and it ain’t the Democrats, just lay low and let Republicans eat each other to pieces..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1574515750551040000?s=46&t=qVCnlgmNAqwPcn4AeHEzyg

To all the folks that keep complaining about “open boarders”, give this a watch. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1574515750551040000?s=46&t=qVCnlgmNAqwPcn4AeHEzyg

To all the folks that keep complaining about “open boarders”, give this a watch. 
    Has anyone checked in on Deathsantis and how the hurricane clean up is going and who’s doing the bulk of the labor?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    Brandon predicted the dems would hold the senate a few days before the election. Something fishy is going on! I demand a recount of all votes except those counted after the polls closed on election day. STOLEN!

Like to see Brandon make that senate prediction in 2 years

Dems have to hold onto WV OH WI MT NV and deal with Sinema. As much as tester is liked round here that will take some tough D. There are zero vulnerable gop seats. GA runoff now is huge
  • Options
    the nerve of this guy.

Biden discusses Taiwan with Xi in effort to avoid 'conflict'
    By SEUNG MIN KIM and ZEKE MILLER
    8 mins ago

NUSA DUA, Indonesia (AP) — President Joe Biden objected to China’s “coercive and increasingly aggressive actions” toward Taiwan and raised human rights concerns about Beijing’s conduct in Xinjiang, Tibet, and Hong Kong during his first in-person meeting on Monday with President Xi Jinping , the White House said.

In a news conference following the meeting, Biden reiterated U.S. support for its longstanding “One China” policy. He also said that despite China's recent saber rattling, he does not believe "there’s any imminent attempt on the part of China to invade Taiwan.”

“It never has to come to that," Biden added.

The meeting, in the midst of Biden's seven-day, round-the-world trip, came as the superpowers aimed to “manage” differences between them as they compete for global influence amid increasing economic and security tensions. Speaking to reporters, Biden said that the U.S. would “compete vigorously, but I’m not looking for conflict," adding that, “I absolutely believe there need not be a new Cold War” with China.

Biden and Xi also agreed that “a nuclear war should never be fought” and can’t be won, “and underscored their opposition to the use or threat of use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine," the White House said. That was a reference to Russian officials’ thinly-veiled threats to use atomic weapons as its nearly nine-month invasion of Ukraine has faltered.

Biden and Xi also agreed to “empower key senior officials" on areas of potential cooperation, including tacking climate change, and maintaining global financial, health and food stability. It was not immediately clear whether that meant China would agree to restart climate change talks that Beijing had paused in protest of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan in August.

Xi and Biden greeted each other with a handshake at a luxury resort hotel in Indonesia, where they are attending the Group of 20 summit of large economies.

“As the leaders of our two nations, we share responsibility, in my view, to show that China and the United States can manage our differences, prevent competition from becoming anything ever near conflict, and to find ways to work together on urgent global issues that require our mutual cooperation," Biden said to open the meeting.

Xi called on Biden to “chart the right course" and “elevate the relationship” between China and the U.S. He said he was ready for a “candid and in-depth exchange of views” with Biden.

Both men entered the highly anticipated meeting with bolstered political standing at home. Democrats triumphantly held onto control of the U.S. Senate, with a chance to boost their ranks by one in a runoff election in Georgia next month, while Xi was awarded a third five-year term in October by the Communist Party's national congress, a break with tradition.

“We have very little misunderstanding,” Biden told reporters in Cambodia on Sunday, where he participated in a gathering of southeast Asian nations before leaving for Indonesia. “We just got to figure out where the red lines are and ... what are the most important things to each of us going into the next two years.”

Biden added: “His circumstance has changed, to state the obvious, at home.” The president said of his own situation: “I know I’m coming in stronger.”

White House aides have repeatedly sought to minimize any notion of conflict between the two nations and have emphasized that they believe the countries can work in tandem on shared challenges such as climate change and health security.

U.S. President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping met in Bali for their first in-person meeting since Biden took office nearly two years ago. (Nov. 14)

But relations have grown more strained under successive American administrations, as economic, trade, human rights and security differences have come to the fore.

As president, Biden has repeatedly taken China to task for human rights abuses against the Uyghur people and other ethnic minorities, crackdowns on democracy activists in Hong Kong, coercive trade practices, military provocations against self-ruled Taiwan and differences over Russia’s prosecution of its war against Ukraine. Chinese officials have largely refrained from public criticism of Russia’s war, although Beijing has avoided direct support, such as supplying arms.

The White House said Biden specifically mentioned U.S. concerns about China's actions in Xinjiang, Tibet, and Hong Kong, and the plight of Americans it considers “wrongfully detained” or subject to exit bans in China.

Taiwan has emerged as one of the most contentious issues between Washington and Beijing. Multiple times in his presidency, Biden has said the U.S. would defend the island — which China has eyed for eventual unification — in case of a Beijing-led invasion. But administration officials have stressed each time that the U.S.'s “One China” policy has not changed. That policy recognizes the government in Beijing while allowing for informal relations and defense ties with Taipei, and its posture of “strategic ambiguity” over whether it would respond militarily if the island were attacked.

Pelosi's trip prompted China, officially the People's Republic of China, to retaliate with military drills and the firing of ballistic missiles into nearby waters.

The White House said Biden “raised U.S. objections to the PRC’s coercive and increasingly aggressive actions toward Taiwan, which undermine peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait and in the broader region, and jeopardize global prosperity.”

Xi, according to the Chinese government's own account of the meeting, “stressed that the Taiwan question is at the very core of China’s core interests, the bedrock of the political foundation of China-U.S. relations, and the first red line that must not be crossed in China-U.S. relations.”

In the meeting, Biden said China's economic practices “harm American workers and families, and workers and families around the world," the White House said.

It came just weeks after the Biden administration blocked exports of advanced computer chips to China — a national security move that bolsters U.S. competition against Beijing.

Xi's government said he condemned such moves, saying, “Starting a trade war or a technology war, building walls and barriers, and pushing for decoupling and severing supply chains run counter to the principles of market economy and undermine international trade rules.”

And though the two men have held five phone or video calls during Biden's presidency, White House officials say those encounters are no substitute for Biden being able to meet Xi in person. That task is all the more important after Xi strengthened his grip on power through the party congress, as lower-level Chinese officials have been unable or unwilling to speak for their leader.

Before the meeting, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning had said China was committed to peaceful coexistence but would firmly defend its sovereignty, security and development interests.

“It is important that the U.S. work together with China to properly manage differences, advance mutually beneficial cooperation, avoid misunderstanding and miscalculation, and bring China-U.S. relations back to the right track of sound and steady development,” she said at a daily briefing in Beijing.

White House officials and their Chinese counterparts spent weeks negotiating details of the meeting, which was held at Xi’s hotel with translators providing simultaneous interpretation through headsets.

The leaders spoke while seated facing each other at two long tables separated by more than a dozen feet and an elaborate floral arrangement inside a cavernous and windowless conference room.

U.S. officials were eager to see how Xi approached the Biden sit-down after consolidating his position as the unquestioned leader of the state, saying they would wait to assess whether that made him more or less likely to seek out areas of cooperation with the U.S.

Each leader was flanked by nine N-95 mask-wearing aides, and in the case of Xi, at least one official newly elevated in the recent Congress to its top leadership. U.S. officials said the interaction with top Xi aides could lead to more substantive engagements down the line.

Before meeting with Xi, Biden held talks with Indonesian President Joko Widodo, the G-20 host, to announce a range of new development initiatives for the archipelago nation, including investments in climate, security, and education.

—-

Associated Press writers Josh Boak in Baltimore and Darlene Superville in Washington contributed to this report.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017

"Open Borders" is like "defund the police." The term doesn't match what they mean. Its an exaggeration, we know the border isn't open, but the policies are too relaxed.
    I actually didn't think she owned him at all. Maybe it makes morse sense if I see the entire interview, but she claims multiple times they aren't illegal immigrants, and emphasizes they are here legally. That isn't true, no idea where she is getting that.
    Is she claiming that all of them are asylum seekers, and therefore have a right to apply? Is it the fact once they are apprehended they receive a summons to appear later, and since they are following the practice it is legal? Is she only referring to the ones that got put on a bus? But I'm pretty sure even a lot of those were here illegally. I couldn't tell from that clip. But there are millions that do cross illegally every year, I don't know how she can accurately claim they are all legal. 
    At the end she says apprehensions are up, so what is it, open borders or not, can't have it both ways? But that is the problem. Apprehensions ar cup because so many just turn themselves in, knowing they get taken care of for a day then released. Its that practice that is scrutinized. 
    They shouldn't call it "open borders" because it doesn't fit that definition. But there is a lot to criticize about the policies going on.

** I called it a "boarder" several months ago and never heard the end of it from a few individuals. Good to see there is more grace for you!
  • Options
    Sure do wish Brandon would round up those 4 million illegals and get them out of the country. With 3.5% unemployed and 10.7 million open positions, we need those jobs, and homes, they’re stealing for real Americans.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    By the way, is it just me or has the Biden Admin decided to completely hide Kamala for quite a while now?  Am I missing her impact somewhere?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    By the way, is it just me or has the Biden Admin decided to completely hide Kamala for quite a while now?  Am I missing her impact somewhere?
    Who?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden