Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article258225703.html

When asked what the safe smoking kits would specifically include, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said they “may contain alcohol swabs, lip balm, other materials to promote hygiene and reduce the transmission of diseases like HIV and hepatitis.”

No federal funding will be used directly or through subsequent reimbursement of grantees to put pipes in safe smoking kits,” HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra and the Office of National Drug Control Policy Director Dr. Rahul Gupta said in a statement Feb. 9. “The goal of harm reduction is to save lives.” The program is meant to “support community-based overdose prevention programs, syringe services programs, and other harm reduction services,” according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a branch of HHS that’s in charge of the grant program. It’s authorized under President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan Act, according to the grant document. The agency said the funding is going “to enhance overdose and other types of prevention activities to help control the spread of infectious diseases and the consequences of such diseases for individuals with, or at risk of developing substance use disorders.” A day before Becerra’s statement, news suggesting the false claim spread rapidly and unleashed waves of criticism from conservatives including Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, who wrote on Twitter the president “is sending free meth & crack pipes to minority communities in the name of ‘racial equity.’”

Wait... so Biden ISN'T sending free meth to American homes? OR crack pipes? 

Huh. 
    That's the last straw. I'm moving to Canada.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    OnWis97 said:
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article258225703.html

When asked what the safe smoking kits would specifically include, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said they “may contain alcohol swabs, lip balm, other materials to promote hygiene and reduce the transmission of diseases like HIV and hepatitis.”

No federal funding will be used directly or through subsequent reimbursement of grantees to put pipes in safe smoking kits,” HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra and the Office of National Drug Control Policy Director Dr. Rahul Gupta said in a statement Feb. 9. “The goal of harm reduction is to save lives.” The program is meant to “support community-based overdose prevention programs, syringe services programs, and other harm reduction services,” according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a branch of HHS that’s in charge of the grant program. It’s authorized under President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan Act, according to the grant document. The agency said the funding is going “to enhance overdose and other types of prevention activities to help control the spread of infectious diseases and the consequences of such diseases for individuals with, or at risk of developing substance use disorders.” A day before Becerra’s statement, news suggesting the false claim spread rapidly and unleashed waves of criticism from conservatives including Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, who wrote on Twitter the president “is sending free meth & crack pipes to minority communities in the name of ‘racial equity.’”

Wait... so Biden ISN'T sending free meth to American homes? OR crack pipes? 

Huh. 
    That's the last straw. I'm moving to Canada.
    After a pandemic, an insurrection, a 2 years a bad news....we finally get some good news!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    static111 said:
    Boooooo nypost boooooooo. Not allowed here. Go read a real news outlet like Wapo or CNN! 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Boooooo nypost boooooooo. Not allowed here. Go read a real news outlet like Wapo or CNN! 

Decent sports section.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Decent sports section.
    Haha. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Why not ignore all 3? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Why not ignore all 3? 
    I’m with you 100%
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    I used the NYPost in your honor since people crap all over it when you post articles from them.  I'm sure I have been guilty in the past.  Also I have to read the Post because it is one of the only outlets that doesn't hide everything behind a paywall.  There are several outlets that have articles on this but I figured why not use AMTs favorite and most trusted source?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    I used the NYPost in your honor since people crap all over it when you post articles from them.  I'm sure I have been guilty in the past.  Also I have to read the Post because it is one of the only outlets that doesn't hide everything behind a paywall.  There are several outlets that have articles on this but I figured why not use AMTs favorite and most trusted source?
    Nice… thank you haha 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't really care about the snap. I purposely posted the NYPost because of the inflammatory style.  I'm more concerned with how Inflation is being glossed over by the administration.  last I checked it was up to 7 percent .
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    That would be twitter, unfortunately.
  • Options

The twitter hate on here cracks me up. 

It's no more or less toxic than any other social media out there. The source is what matters, not the medium. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't really care about the snap. I purposely posted the NYPost because of the inflammatory style.  I'm more concerned with how Inflation is being glossed over by the administration.  last I checked it was up to 7 percent .
    fed addresses that, and it appears they've  waited to long to start. And I am not sure why exactly there is a delay from announcing rate increases and beginning to implement them.

I am willing to give benefit of the doubt to biden on the initial talking points about inflation. 

would think multiple factors at play in a way never seen as a whole before. pandemic stressors, folks scaling back jobs. pay up, supply chain, child tax credit payments injecting cash in the economy further stressing the supply chain.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218

The twitter hate on here cracks me up. 

It's no more or less toxic than any other social media out there. The source is what matters, not the medium. 
    Exactly.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    fed addresses that, and it appears they've  waited to long to start. And I am not sure why exactly there is a delay from announcing rate increases and beginning to implement them.

I am willing to give benefit of the doubt to biden on the initial talking points about inflation. 

would think multiple factors at play in a way never seen as a whole before. pandemic stressors, folks scaling back jobs. pay up, supply chain, child tax credit payments injecting cash in the economy further stressing the supply chain.

Of course those are all factors.  The Global Pandemic being the main factor.  It absolutely isn't Biden's fault, but the strategy from the get go of this is temporary and just glossing over the issue hasn't really been great for him PR wise.  Need to get the inflation rate way down by the midterms, Not sure if that is possible though.   All the chip factories going up are still a year plus out from being anywhere near getting online, let alone getting the supply to meet demand.   If I am Biden and inflation is still up near midterms, I am going to strongly recommend that my DEA  reschedules Marijuana  as well as taking Shumer and Warrens advice of forgiving the $50000 in student loans.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Why would you pick such a slanted and tabloid style outlet though? You're better off reading Reuters and AP if you don't want a paywall and just want unbiased straight news:

https://apnews.com/
    https://www.reuters.com/

I like Axios too:
    https://www.axios.com/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Why would you pick such a slanted and tabloid style outlet though? You're better off reading Reuters and AP if you don't want a paywall and just want unbiased straight news:

I like Axios too:
    Agreed. 

Citing the NY Post is no better than citing CNN or MSNBC. Shit media is shit media. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

I like Axios too:
    Agreed. 

Citing the NY Post is no better than citing CNN or MSNBC. Shit media is shit media. 
    I would say it would be worse. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

I like Axios too:
    Agreed. 

Except MSNBC aired the interview with Lester Holt and President Biden. But I know, same-same.

Do I think President Biden snapped? No. Testy, sure. Must be tough being an “honest“ (at least not in office for your personal gain and conducting yourself at every moment as if laws and norms don’t apply to you) politician trying to do the right thing for the most American people possible and all you get is “no” from the other party’s political leadership and more than half of their voters living in an alternative reality, unable to understand the complexity of the issues, as well as the complexity of the solutions. Hell, the majority of these folks don’t believe he was legitimately elected. It’s one thing to have policy differences, debate them and compromise in order to move forward and quite another to refuse to offer alternatives, unite to solve some problems or offer solutions. Just saying “no” and doing nothing is not an option. But here we are. How many people here pull that shit at work? Refuse a directive or a solution, not carry it out or do it and don’t offer an alternative way to do things?

Can anyone tell me what repubs stand for and what their policy positions are for our most pressing issues? Infrastructure? Health care? Drug addiction? Covid and the future? Foreign policy regarding China & Russia? Crime? Inflation? Border security and immigration? Pick one, any one and explain it to me. I’m still waiting for the repub healthcare plan. And I check the RNC’s website and they still have 2020’s reaffirmation of POOTWH’s 2016 platform up. Think about that for a moment. Nothing has changed in 6 years? MAGA. Or is it KAG? All anger, all the time.

”Snapping” is what POOTWH did every day he stood before the press, whether in the briefing room or in the Rose Garden.

But Yea, same-same, NYP = aired interview or CNN showing same. This country is so fucked.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

I like Axios too:
    Agreed. 

Except MSNBC aired the interview with Lester Holt and President Biden. But I know, same-same.

Do I think President Biden snapped? No. Testy, sure. Must be tough being an “honest“ (at least not in office for your personal gain and conducting yourself at every moment as if laws and norms don’t apply to you) politician trying to do the right thing for the most American people possible and all you get is “no” from the other party’s political leadership and more than half of their voters living in an alternative reality, unable to understand the complexity of the issues, as well as the complexity of the solutions. Hell, the majority of these folks don’t believe he was legitimately elected. It’s one thing to have policy differences, debate them and compromise in order to move forward and quite another to refuse to offer alternatives, unite to solve some problems or offer solutions. Just saying “no” and doing nothing is not an option. But here we are. How many people here pull that shit at work? Refuse a directive or a solution, not carry it out or do it and don’t offer an alternative way to do things?

Can anyone tell me what repubs stand for and what their policy positions are for our most pressing issues? Infrastructure? Health care? Drug addiction? Covid and the future? Foreign policy regarding China & Russia? Crime? Inflation? Border security and immigration? Pick one, any one and explain it to me. I’m still waiting for the repub healthcare plan. And I check the RNC’s website and they still have 2020’s reaffirmation of POOTWH’s 2016 platform up. Think about that for a moment. Nothing has changed in 6 years? MAGA. Or is it KAG? All anger, all the time.

”Snapping” is what POOTWH did every day he stood before the press, whether in the briefing room or in the Rose Garden.

But Yea, same-same, NYP = aired interview or CNN showing same. This country is so fucked.

The NY Post is being referenced here for its "inflammatory style", which tells you just how unserious this conversation is. Maybe CNN or MSNBC are better, I don't know, I don't watch cable news. 

Agree with your last point though, this country is fucked indeed. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

I like Axios too:
    Agreed. 

The NY Post is being referenced here for its "inflammatory style", which tells you just how unserious this conversation is. Maybe CNN or MSNBC are better, I don't know, I don't watch cable news. 

Agree with your last point though, this country is fucked indeed. 
    I realize that but one could actually watch the interview and draw their own conclusions. Instead, the inflammatory headline gets the attention and then the NYP is comparable to CNN and other media. It’s all same-same and some here believe it and perpetuate that kind of non-sense. Part of the problem, the inability to critically think and too lazy to do “their own research.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Grouping WAPO with CNN and NYP is a bit of a stretch.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Grouping WAPO with CNN and NYP is a bit of a stretch.
    Agreed. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    you all need to follow kyledunnigan1 on instagram. he does an amazing "face swap" impression of Biden. it's 98% biden haters in the comments, but holy shit, this guy is funny. he does a "takedown" of justin trudeau and the trucker convoy. it's hilarious. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    imagine if the US government kowtowed to Communist China out of fear by holding and sponsoring a lecture at the Pentagon about giving in and how the U.S. and other Western countries should in effect bow to China and adopt socialism in response to the growing challenge from the expansionist Communists in Beijing.

controversial? No way in hell, you say? Not in a midterm year where he’s losing ground with independents and suburbanites already?! Well, it’s happening, and Xiden’s administration is content on burning their constituents’ faith to the ground before the midterms.

The Defense Department’s National Defense University (NDU) — the premier educational institution in the country for military and civilian leaders on all things defense, has a lecture planned for Feb 22.

https://inss.ndu.edu/Events/Event-View/Article/2870082/responding-to-china-the-case-for-global-justice-and-democratic-socialism/

Mumbling and confused Joe Biden might not know where the hell he is, half the time — let alone who’s there with him — but this treasonous BS is for real.

so much for officials who swore an oath to protecting America.

oh, and I may not have mentioned but this is being paid for by the American tax payer.  (And maybe China too)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    imagine if the US government kowtowed to Communist China out of fear by holding and sponsoring a lecture at the Pentagon about giving in and how the U.S. and other Western countries should in effect bow to China and adopt socialism in response to the growing challenge from the expansionist Communists in Beijing.

controversial? No way in hell, you say? Not in a midterm year where he’s losing ground with independents and suburbanites already?! Well, it’s happening, and Xiden’s administration is content on burning their constituents’ faith to the ground before the midterms.

The Defense Department’s National Defense University (NDU) — the premier educational institution in the country for military and civilian leaders on all things defense, has a lecture planned for Feb 22.

https://inss.ndu.edu/Events/Event-View/Article/2870082/responding-to-china-the-case-for-global-justice-and-democratic-socialism/

Mumbling and confused Joe Biden might not know where the hell he is, half the time — let alone who’s there with him — but this treasonous BS is for real.

oh, and I may not have mentioned but this is being paid for by the American tax payer.  (And maybe China too)
    your guy says he is best friends with putin and kim jong un. maybe sit this one out and let the adults handle it.

trump would be telling putin the us would help him invade ukraine.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    so let me get this straight, a lecturer is offering an argument that differs from our current model that may be one way to combat china's global agenda?

oh the horror.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

Imagine that the entire premise of your outrage was completely invented out of thin air,  based mostly on right wing paranoia. Oh wait,  we don't have to imagine.  That's what this is.   Now we know of course that you didn't think that up because you haven't posted an original thought here to date.  You still never came back to defend the last silliness you posted.