#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Just came here to say that if your barometer of approval is against Donald Trump I'd say people need to do better. Joe's in the tank for a number of reasons - and one very important one isn't because everyone all of a sudden woke up one day more conservative. Big part of it is because the people left of Joe are all also highly disappointed and disapprove. That's my two cents. Good chance Trump may not be the nom in 2024, but that doesn't make Joe's chances better. At this rate I think he loses in 4 years because 1) R nom will be someone other than Trump 2) Dems do better on referendum with a nominee with juice/hopey changey schtick 3) there won't be a Trump to ignite anyone and everyone.

Gotta pray this 1/6 commission comes with so many receipts.
    This is part of the problem democrats have. I've talked about this a lot in here. Republicans are better at getting everyone in their party to fall in line no matter what. Republicans, in general, just seem to not care about anything other than voting for the person with the R next to his name so it makes things much easier for that party. For example, the guy in here today seems upset that the jobs numbers are looking good right now. Something that's good for the country is not that great for his party so he's not happy. 

The dems, on the other hand, have a much bigger tent of waaaay more diverse people, which is great, but that also makes it more difficult for them to get their constituents to have the level of patience needed to stay focused on maintaining the longest view in the room. The change those on the far left want just cannot happen over night. It will take multiple election cycles.

Personally--I just wish people would make preserving our democracy priority number for the moment because if we cannot do that, nothing else will matter anyway. 

And I really hope Trump gets the nomination because, yeah I agree, someone like Desantis would have better chance of winning. 
    Do you believe our democracy is in danger? Democrats are in full control of the national government. Are they failing at protecting or democracy? I had to hear for 4 years that Trump was destroying our democracy. If that was true, how did Democrats gain full power?

One of the key outputs of the select committee is intended to close the loopholes that are inherent in the Election Act of 1877.  So yes, that will definitely help protect democracy. 
    Biden received the most votes of any President and is now the most powerful leader in the world. Damn those loopholes eh?

So you're in favor of abolishing the Electoral College then? Sounds good!JB16057 said:
    Does this guy totally ignore what happened a year ago, too?
    Did you ignore what totally happened? Democracy prevailed.

If not for the worst possible thing happening outside of more people dying. If enough Rs in the house wanted to push they could've pushed their lies back to the states and done what they wish. Please - don't use hindsight as your argument lol

The intransigence (hey hey @Juggs !) of those who only decide to lean further into this garbage party is just astounding.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    so the US president is now the supreme leader and dictator of the country? wow. good to know. 
    I don't know how you came up with that but that is not what I said.
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Just came here to say that if your barometer of approval is against Donald Trump I'd say people need to do better. Joe's in the tank for a number of reasons - and one very important one isn't because everyone all of a sudden woke up one day more conservative. Big part of it is because the people left of Joe are all also highly disappointed and disapprove. That's my two cents. Good chance Trump may not be the nom in 2024, but that doesn't make Joe's chances better. At this rate I think he loses in 4 years because 1) R nom will be someone other than Trump 2) Dems do better on referendum with a nominee with juice/hopey changey schtick 3) there won't be a Trump to ignite anyone and everyone.

This is part of the problem democrats have. I've talked about this a lot in here. Republicans are better at getting everyone in their party to fall in line no matter what. Republicans, in general, just seem to not care about anything other than voting for the person with the R next to his name so it makes things much easier for that party. For example, the guy in here today seems upset that the jobs numbers are looking good right now. Something that's good for the country is not that great for his party so he's not happy. 

The dems, on the other hand, have a much bigger tent of waaaay more diverse people, which is great, but that also makes it more difficult for them to get their constituents to have the level of patience needed to stay focused on maintaining the longest view in the room. The change those on the far left want just cannot happen over night. It will take multiple election cycles.

Personally--I just wish people would make preserving our democracy priority number for the moment because if we cannot do that, nothing else will matter anyway. 

And I really hope Trump gets the nomination because, yeah I agree, someone like Desantis would have better chance of winning. 
    Do you believe our democracy is in danger? Democrats are in full control of the national government. Are they failing at protecting or democracy? I had to hear for 4 years that Trump was destroying our democracy. If that was true, how did Democrats gain full power?

One of the key outputs of the select committee is intended to close the loopholes that are inherent in the Election Act of 1877.  So yes, that will definitely help protect democracy. 
    Biden received the most votes of any President and is now the most powerful leader in the world. Damn those loopholes eh?

This is a joke, right?  It held because Pence did his duty.  What if a VP in the future takes a different course and tries to throw the electino to the House because they throw out electors?  It held because Raffensberger refused to do Trump's bidding.  What if the next Sec'y of State of a swing state bows to political pressure from either side?  The Bulwark had a good article talking about how if there were 5 more Guiliani's in teh mix, things may have been different.  I suggest you educate yourself on how many holes in the laws exist that need to be tightened. 
    So 5 more Guilianni's would've made a difference to the 80 million that voted for Biden? I don't those 80 million would've just stood by and let that all happen.

I suggest you stop being afraid of the boogeyman because he ain't real.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

This is a joke, right?  It held because Pence did his duty.  What if a VP in the future takes a different course and tries to throw the electino to the House because they throw out electors?  It held because Raffensberger refused to do Trump's bidding.  What if the next Sec'y of State of a swing state bows to political pressure from either side?  The Bulwark had a good article talking about how if there were 5 more Guiliani's in teh mix, things may have been different.  I suggest you educate yourself on how many holes in the laws exist that need to be tightened. 
    So 5 more Guilianni's would've made a difference to the 80 million that voted for Biden? I don't those 80 million would've just stood by and let that all happen.

I suggest you study history.  80 million people aren't going to rise up and take to the streets.  Subversion of the Constitution will appear legitimate to the ordinary,  disengaged voter. To argue that election laws don't need tweaking is either an attempt at gaslighting or a compete ignorance of the fragility of democracy. 
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Lol let's not act like this is the first time. I'm assuming these dipshits aren't familiar to you:

2000 Florida recount How the 39Brooks Brothers Riot39 killed the Bush-Gore  recount in Miami - The Washington Post

mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I suggest you study history.  80 million people aren't going to rise up and take to the streets.  Subversion of the Constitution will appear legitimate to the ordinary,  disengaged voter. To argue that election laws don't need tweaking is either an attempt at gaslighting or a compete ignorance of the fragility of democracy. 
    You're probably right. Democrats are lazy and wouldn't want to protest that their votes weren't counted.

JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Lol let's not act like this is the first time. I'm assuming these dipshits aren't familiar to you:

2000 Florida recount How the 39Brooks Brothers Riot39 killed the Bush-Gore  recount in Miami - The Washington Post

You are assuming correct.

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

OK, yah, go read up bud.
    And I don't think anything speaks to the privilege and myopic view of a Hard-R registered voter than to base an argument around, "but it didn't happen, everything's fine" lol.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

You're probably right. Democrats are lazy and wouldn't want to protest that their votes weren't counted.

lol
    Republicans:  Where Whataboutism Rules
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

OK, yah, go read up bud.
    Ok bud. I'll take a random picture, guess what it is and then read up on something I don't what I'm looking for.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

I guess 2020 proved there are at least 7 million more lazy republicans than democrats in the US. so there's that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Stop the personal insults now. Discuss the topic politely or avoid the topic. Thank you.
    see Posting Guidelines...the part about being nice.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,934
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

If that's what you took out of this, it's clear you have no intention of debating with any semblance of good faith.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    So what is that phot? I have no idea.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

If that's what you took out of this, it's clear you have no intention of debating with any semblance of good faith.

benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Sarcasm is a bitch.
    OnWis97 said:

I don't know either but we better go read up on it!
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,184
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    807,000 private sector jobs added in December, according to ADP.

LETS GO BRANDON!!!
    Job numbers go up yet his disapproval rating hit a new high in December as well. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/biden-disapproval-rating-high-voters-blame-him-on-economy-cnbc-poll.html

Facts don't matter to some folks.
    60% of some folks eh? The next election isn't looking good for you or your 807,000 jobs.

My 807,000 jobs? I’ve been gainfully employed since I was 14.

60% of ‘Muricans are delusional. I’ll not enjoy watching ‘Murica implode from afar in November’22 and further in ‘24. Enjoy!
    Tsk-tsk. Didn't we have the big "D" word debate already? My apologies if you have achieved medical clearance for its use, if so, congratulations on your accomplishment and informed diagnosis. We could use another expert around here, especially one outside of the crowded bunch of political science and infectious disease scholars.
    I don't fully understand the significance here when comparing this to Jan 6. Referring to the canvassers, " They moved the counting process to a smaller room, closer to the ballot-scanning equipment, to speed up the process, at a distance from the media."

That would piss me off too. Counting votes should not be done in private if the public wants to view it happening.
  • OnWis97 said:
    A certain vote recount by hand demonstration in a particular county in Florida after a particular election, in which the demonstrators were demanding a stop to the recount when their particular candidate was ahead. Oh, and let’s not forget to mention the shenanigans of a certain state election official before, during and after the votes were cast on Election Day.

And look what that had wrought.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

Certainly not the first time for Trump supporter, and head of CPAC Matt Schlapp....seen here right behind the nerd pointing his finger...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!
    Job numbers go up yet his disapproval rating hit a new high in December as well. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/biden-disapproval-rating-high-voters-blame-him-on-economy-cnbc-poll.html

60% of some folks eh? The next election isn't looking good for you or your 807,000 jobs.

60% of ‘Muricans are delusional. I’ll not enjoy watching ‘Murica implode from afar in November’22 and further in ‘24. Enjoy!
    Tsk-tsk. Didn't we have the big "D" word debate already? My apologies if you have achieved medical clearance for its use, if so, congratulations on your accomplishment and informed diagnosis. We could use another expert around here, especially one outside of the crowded bunch of political science and infectious disease scholars.
    What would you call those 'Muricans in deep denial about the 2020 election, science and facts in general? Tsk, tsk indeed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

See? No medical degree required.

de·lu·sion·al
    /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
    adjective
    1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
      "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
      • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
        "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

Brilliantati©
    FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

What would you call those 'Muricans in deep denial about the 2020 election, science and facts in general? Tsk, tsk indeed.
    I would have said delusional, as well. But that was before I was informed that one must be able to diagnose the condition in order to use the word.
  • FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

I would have said delusional, as well. But that was before I was informed that one must be able to diagnose the condition in order to use the word.
    If you’re making a diagnosis for a medical reason. I’m using it as a descriptor. 

Brilliantati©
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

If you’re making a diagnosis for a medical reason. I’m using it as a descriptor. 
    As was I when you took offense and asked if I was qualified to make that diagnosis. Anywho, this wraps up today’s lesson in hypocrisy.
  • FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

As was I when you took offense and asked if I was qualified to make that diagnosis. Anywho, this wraps up today’s lesson in hypocrisy.
    And you could have said, “no, I’m not a doctor but I can describe someone as such based upon the word. Hell I can even believe it too if I want.” But you didn’t, did you?

Brilliantati©
    edited January 2022
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

And you could have said, “no, I’m not a doctor but I can describe someone as such based upon the word. Hell I can even believe it too if I want.” But you didn’t, did you?
    I actually linked the definition and confirmed that it was a perfectly acceptable use of the term, much like you just did. That did not seem to suffice at the time so I was just a bit surprised to see you using the word.
    Post edited by FiveBelow on