GOP

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,219
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    tbergs said:
    Must be one of the dumbest people alive to post such stupid statements. Brain cells are at a premium it seems.
    who, me?
    @gimmesometruth27 No, those positing the democrats are at fault. Batshit crazy and disconnected from reality.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    Must be one of the dumbest people alive to post such stupid statements. Brain cells are at a premium it seems.
    who, me?
    @gimmesometruth27 No, those positing the democrats are at fault. Batshit crazy and disconnected from reality.
    cool., i wasn't sure. its easy to see how people could think my posts are dumb, haha
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyrat said:
    i read this and immediately imagined the curb your enthusiasm closing music and the picture zooming in on the tweet.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Or so they can develop a gimmick to run on in 2024. Let me see, what would it be? Oh, I know! Make America Great Again!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Or so they can develop a gimmick to run on in 2024. Let me see, what would it be? Oh, I know! Make America Great Again!
    Yep! You know damn well he talks to ex-idiot president every single day to see what they can come up with that they can get away with.
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Or so they can develop a gimmick to run on in 2024. Let me see, what would it be? Oh, I know! Make America Great Again!
    Yep! You know damn well he talks to ex-idiot president every single day to see what they can come up with that they can get away with.
    Yes. They talk about WINNING.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-19/trump-leads-biden-in-key-us-states-as-voters-worry-about-economy-poll?embedded-checkout=true
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    208 Democrats sided with 8 Republicans to vote McCarthy out. 210 Republicans voted against kicking McCarthy out.

100% of Democrats voted to kick McCarthy out. 4% of Republicans voted to kick him out. 

I don't know how else to explain this simple math yet everyone here is blaming the Republican party when it was ALL of the Democrat votes that made this happen. This is clearly the fault of the Democrats who sided with someone like Matt Gaetz, whom you all mock, yet your party sided with him. If Democrats didn't want chaos, they wouldn't have sided with 8 Republicans. The math or common sense couldn't be any clearer. 

This message board is nothing but an echo chamber for the left. 
    LOL...you really don't understand politics
    You really don't understand math. 
    Nor do you. The repubs hold the majority in the house and could elect a speaker on their own but their speaker candidates are such dumpster fires and beholden to POOTWH that even they can’t stomach a vote for them. Here’s an idea, maybe those 22 repubs who voted against Gym should switch parties and let the dems elect Hakeem? Just a thought 
    The dems knew what they were doing when they sided with the 8 Republicans. They knew the search for a new speaker would be a dumpster fire and voted McCarthy out anyways.  
    Do you really think you can sell this lame argument here? The GOP is an absolute fucked up mess. Deal with it.
    Did the Democrats vote to oust the speaker knowing full well that it's going to be difficult to find a new one? How many Democrats voted for this compared to Republicans? It is simple math. 
    tbergs said:
    The Democrats knew exactly what they were doing when they voted to oust the speaker. The GOP may be a mess but Trump is further ahead in the polls than he was at this time in 2019. Democrats can't figure out how to win and keep on winning because they love the chaos as much as the GOP.

It is a fact that ALL DEMOCRATS voted to oust the speaker. A major majority of Republicans didn't vote for this. It is simple math. 
    JB16057 said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-19/trump-leads-biden-in-key-us-states-as-voters-worry-about-economy-poll?embedded-checkout=true
    lol please tell us how much winning he did on his failed presidency this is your chance post all the great accomplishments that he got done to help middle Americans? Polls polls go back and take a look at the polls of 2020 at this same time period and let us know what you find 
    It’s the Democrats fault 😂😂😂 let me know what strain you intake I need some of that 
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    The Democrats knew exactly what they were doing when they voted to oust the speaker. The GOP may be a mess but Trump is further ahead in the polls than he was at this time in 2019. Democrats can't figure out how to win and keep on winning because they love the chaos as much as the GOP.

It is a fact that ALL DEMOCRATS voted to oust the speaker. A major majority of Republicans didn't vote for this. It is simple math. 
    Since you’re so good at math can you tell us by how much the senile old man beat the Orange turd by? I forget the difference 
  • tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    who, me?
    cool., i wasn't sure. its easy to see how people could think my posts are dumb, haha
    Every day. Every. Single. Day. 
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

Since you’re so good at math can you tell us by how much the senile old man beat the Orange turd by? I forget the difference 
    Same orange turd that beat Hilary? Same orange turd that the Democrats just can't get rid of no matter what they throw at him? 
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

Same orange turd that beat Hilary? Same orange turd that the Democrats just can't get rid of no matter what they throw at him? 
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election
    lol he got his ass handed to him by us the sane folks ! You cultist voted for the looser and you will again vote for the LOOSER 😂😂😂
    JB16057 said:

lol please tell us how much winning he did on his failed presidency this is your chance post all the great accomplishments that he got done to help middle Americans? Polls polls go back and take a look at the polls of 2020 at this same time period and let us know what you find 
    I'll check out FiveThirtyEight as I've been told that this is acceptable this Pearl Jam message board. 

Biden: October 19, 2023 - 40% Approval
    Trump: October 19, 2019 - 41.5% Approval
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election
    lol he got his ass handed to him by us the sane folks ! You cultist voted for the looser and you will again vote for the LOOSER 😂😂😂
    Loser is the correct spelling. 
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

Cool theory. Almost makes sense in the history of house speakership voting. Reality is tough.
    edited October 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'll check out FiveThirtyEight as I've been told that this is acceptable this Pearl Jam message board. 

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

What did he accomplish? Again how many millions did the old senile dude beat the Orange turd by? You said your good at math please show us 
    Post edited by Kat on
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

What did he accomplish? Are you sure you comprehend English? Again how many millions did the old senile dude beat the Orange turd by? You said your good at math please show us 
    You are just making personal attacks at this point. 
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    edited October 2023
    *****Stop the personal comments. Discuss the topic only.

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

You can review the rest of the Posting Guidelines in the sticky message on Porch.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

Cool theory. Almost makes sense in the history of house speakership voting. Reality is tough.
    What part do you consider a theory?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    208 Democrats sided with 8 Republicans to vote McCarthy out. 210 Republicans voted against kicking McCarthy out.

100% of Democrats voted to kick McCarthy out. 4% of Republicans voted to kick him out. 

I don't know how else to explain this simple math yet everyone here is blaming the Republican party when it was ALL of the Democrat votes that made this happen. This is clearly the fault of the Democrats who sided with someone like Matt Gaetz, whom you all mock, yet your party sided with him. If Democrats didn't want chaos, they wouldn't have sided with 8 Republicans. The math or common sense couldn't be any clearer. 

Nor do you. The repubs hold the majority in the house and could elect a speaker on their own but their speaker candidates are such dumpster fires and beholden to POOTWH that even they can’t stomach a vote for them. Here’s an idea, maybe those 22 repubs who voted against Gym should switch parties and let the dems elect Hakeem? Just a thought 
    The dems knew what they were doing when they sided with the 8 Republicans. They knew the search for a new speaker would be a dumpster fire and voted McCarthy out anyways.  
    Do you really think you can sell this lame argument here? The GOP is an absolute fucked up mess. Deal with it.
    Did the Democrats vote to oust the speaker knowing full well that it's going to be difficult to find a new one? How many Democrats voted for this compared to Republicans? It is simple math. 
    Who initiated the vote? If the GOP is stupid enough to put McCarthy on the chopping block then they deserve it. You can't tell me that the GOP wouldn't have done the same to Pelosi if the Dems were stupid enough to put her up for a vote. It's politics.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,399
    edited October 2023
    Good luck, Maggie. Maybe look in the mirror?

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said she’s absolutely opposed to the resolution to empower Speaker Pro Tempore Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.) and believes it’s a mistake for Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) to back it.

Greene said it’s time for the GOP to stop the “never” attitude. “The ‘Never Trump,’ the ‘Never Kevin McCarthy,’ the ‘Never Steve Scalise,’ the ‘Never Jim Jordan’ is only working against each other, which is working against our voters and working against the country,” she said. “And I really want to see us people put down their egos.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077

Dems want chaos

You never could compete with LLOYD BRAUN  rseinfeld
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Who initiated the vote? If the GOP is stupid enough to put McCarthy on the chopping block then they deserve it. You can't tell me that the GOP wouldn't have done the same to Pelosi if the Dems were stupid enough to put her up for a vote. It's politics.
    I would blame the GOP had they done the same thing to Pelosi. Politics are stupid but we should still hold our own parties accountable for their mistakes. 
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

What did he accomplish? Are you sure you comprehend English? Again how many millions did the old senile dude beat the Orange turd by? You said your good at math please show us 
    Ok sorry if I got too personal! So I’ll ask again who won the last presidential election and by how many millions difference? 
    edited October 2023
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:

What part do you consider a theory?
    All of the bolded. It's an unhinged version of reality.

Also, you're probably one of the people who loved pointing out how the polls got it wrong in 2016, but now love the polls that show Trump ahead. If you're so confident, then bring it on. I'm also pretty confident Trump will never ever win another election and we know he can't win the popular vote so yeah, if the GOP wants to get behind that bag of shit again, good luck. Been working out real great ever since the midterms in '18.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

It is maga who nominated far right extremist wackos who do not appeal to most people outside the Trump cult base. This, in turn, is why you did not get your red wave last year, thus giving you the slimmest of majorities this year.

It is maga that took 15 tries to elect a speaker in January...ensuring him to be the weakest speaker in history as he had to concede everything to get the job, including a rule where only ONE member of congress could call a vote to vacate his speakership.

Shockingly the same maga Republican who demanded that rule is the one who invoked it, which has lead us to the current chaos you are blaming on.....the Democrats somehow. lol.

Why in the fucking world do you think Democrats would even consider voting for a maga Republican for speaker? In what universe would that make sense? Beyond foolish thinking here. 

Maga created this mess. It is not the Democrats responsibility to bail them out of political jail. They own it. It is fun watching magas twist and turn themselves into pretzels with these excuses though. 
    www.myspace.com
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Ok sorry if I got too personal! So I’ll ask again who won the last presidential election and by how many millions difference? 
    Biden beat Trump in 2020. Trump beat Clinton in 2016.