GOP

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    I'd rather the self-described moderates start doing what is right and not be so in lock step with that shit show of a party.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    lol... Fuck you Gym
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    208 Democrats sided with 8 Republicans to vote McCarthy out. 210 Republicans voted against kicking McCarthy out.

100% of Democrats voted to kick McCarthy out. 4% of Republicans voted to kick him out. 

I don't know how else to explain this simple math yet everyone here is blaming the Republican party when it was ALL of the Democrat votes that made this happen. This is clearly the fault of the Democrats who sided with someone like Matt Gaetz, whom you all mock, yet your party sided with him. If Democrats didn't want chaos, they wouldn't have sided with 8 Republicans. The math or common sense couldn't be any clearer. 

This message board is nothing but an echo chamber for the left. 
    LOL...you really don't understand politics
    You really don't understand math. 
    Nor do you. The repubs hold the majority in the house and could elect a speaker on their own but their speaker candidates are such dumpster fires and beholden to POOTWH that even they can’t stomach a vote for them. Here’s an idea, maybe those 22 repubs who voted against Gym should switch parties and let the dems elect Hakeem? Just a thought 
    The dems knew what they were doing when they sided with the 8 Republicans. They knew the search for a new speaker would be a dumpster fire and voted McCarthy out anyways.  
    Do you really think you can sell this lame argument here? The GOP is an absolute fucked up mess. Deal with it.
    Did the Democrats vote to oust the speaker knowing full well that it's going to be difficult to find a new one? How many Democrats voted for this compared to Republicans? It is simple math. 
    It is maga who nominated far right extremist wackos who do not appeal to most people outside the Trump cult base. This, in turn, is why you did not get your red wave last year, thus giving you the slimmest of majorities this year.

It is maga that took 15 tries to elect a speaker in January...ensuring him to be the weakest speaker in history as he had to concede everything to get the job, including a rule where only ONE member of congress could call a vote to vacate his speakership.

Shockingly the same maga Republican who demanded that rule is the one who invoked it, which has lead us to the current chaos you are blaming on.....the Democrats somehow. lol.

Why in the fucking world do you think Democrats would even consider voting for a maga Republican for speaker? In what universe would that make sense? Beyond foolish thinking here. 

Maga created this mess. It is not the Democrats responsibility to bail them out of political jail. They own it. It is fun watching magas twist and turn themselves into pretzels with these excuses though. 
    Democrats sided with Matt Gaetz to oust the speaker. That's a fact.
    Uh huh....okay, you seem to be having a hard time with this. Let's try and keep it simple for you. Do you dispute anything I said? 
    McCarthy broke his promises to the GOP about becoming speaker. Some decided to hold him accountable for it. We have a branch of government that's completely shut down now which hurts all of us. 
    McCarthy broke his promise to Biden on the deal they cut.  Why would the D's support him?  McCarthy also blamed the D's for the clean bill that passed the House.  You expect the GOP to hold McCarthy accountable, but not the D's?  This can't be your argument.  
    Would you rather we have no speaker for who knows how long, if ever, or keep McCarthy?
    What's the point of a Speaker who can't keep his deals? No,  I wouldn't rather have that.  I'd rather the GOP act like adults. 
  • The current repub temporary speaker is threatening to quit? Did I hear that correctly?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Hey the GOP can’t govern it’s the Democrats fault 😂😂 please tell me which party is United and which party is in disarray? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    208 Democrats sided with 8 Republicans to vote McCarthy out. 210 Republicans voted against kicking McCarthy out.

100% of Democrats voted to kick McCarthy out. 4% of Republicans voted to kick him out. 

I don't know how else to explain this simple math yet everyone here is blaming the Republican party when it was ALL of the Democrat votes that made this happen. This is clearly the fault of the Democrats who sided with someone like Matt Gaetz, whom you all mock, yet your party sided with him. If Democrats didn't want chaos, they wouldn't have sided with 8 Republicans. The math or common sense couldn't be any clearer. 

Nor do you. The repubs hold the majority in the house and could elect a speaker on their own but their speaker candidates are such dumpster fires and beholden to POOTWH that even they can’t stomach a vote for them. Here’s an idea, maybe those 22 repubs who voted against Gym should switch parties and let the dems elect Hakeem? Just a thought 
    The dems knew what they were doing when they sided with the 8 Republicans. They knew the search for a new speaker would be a dumpster fire and voted McCarthy out anyways.  
    Do you really think you can sell this lame argument here? The GOP is an absolute fucked up mess. Deal with it.
    Did the Democrats vote to oust the speaker knowing full well that it's going to be difficult to find a new one? How many Democrats voted for this compared to Republicans? It is simple math. 
    It is maga who nominated far right extremist wackos who do not appeal to most people outside the Trump cult base. This, in turn, is why you did not get your red wave last year, thus giving you the slimmest of majorities this year.

It is maga that took 15 tries to elect a speaker in January...ensuring him to be the weakest speaker in history as he had to concede everything to get the job, including a rule where only ONE member of congress could call a vote to vacate his speakership.

Shockingly the same maga Republican who demanded that rule is the one who invoked it, which has lead us to the current chaos you are blaming on.....the Democrats somehow. lol.

Why in the fucking world do you think Democrats would even consider voting for a maga Republican for speaker? In what universe would that make sense? Beyond foolish thinking here. 

Maga created this mess. It is not the Democrats responsibility to bail them out of political jail. They own it. It is fun watching magas twist and turn themselves into pretzels with these excuses though. 
    Uh huh....okay, you seem to be having a hard time with this. Let's try and keep it simple for you. Do you dispute anything I said? 
    McCarthy broke his promises to the GOP about becoming speaker. Some decided to hold him accountable for it. We have a branch of government that's completely shut down now which hurts all of us. 
    McCarthy broke his promise to Biden on the deal they cut.  Why would the D's support him?  McCarthy also blamed the D's for the clean bill that passed the House.  You expect the GOP to hold McCarthy accountable, but not the D's?  This can't be your argument.  
    Would you rather we have no speaker for who knows how long, if ever, or keep McCarthy?
    the dems will not help the gop do their constitutionally mandated responsibility of electing a speaker. the gop has to sort this out themselves.

again, question, why would they help people that are not honest brokers? they should not. mccarthy has acted in bad faith so far. you really think jordan will act in good faith? if so, i have a bridge to sell you. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • house gop: not electing a speaker to own the libs.

Only they can fix the government lol 

JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

• static111 said:
    that is a great question!!

• it is lord of the flies, gop edition.

• How long before a repub shoots a repub in a hearing room, office or on the house floor?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    static111 said:
    that is a great question!!

chaos agents... 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    How long before a repub shoots a repub in a hearing room, office or on the house floor?
    That would absolutely be the fault of the democrats.
    www.myspace.com
    How long before a repub shoots a repub in a hearing room, office or on the house floor?

right for not passing gun control laws......

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    mickeyrat said:

right for not passing gun control laws......
    This tracks w/ Dems wanting chaos.

The math adds up. 

• All dems’ fault. Maybe Nancy should speak with them?

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) says Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) has “a pretty basic math issue,” and that it’s time for him to drop out: “If you’re a leader and you think that you have to basically pressure people and coerce people to follow you, what kind of a leader are you?”

“I am where I am. I’m not moving. There’s a large number of us that are not moving, and I don’t care what tactics are used,” Rep Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) told reporters on the way into votes when asked if he was part of the never-Jordan bloc. He voted for Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) on the previous two ballots.

Brilliantati©