Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

13»

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 1,046
    Hate to say it, but I think PJ's gonna pull out.
    wasn't the lineup already adjusted since it was pushed back a year? Believe like the Beach Boys and a few others canceled on it, PJ had a chance to do so.
    Possibly? This is nothing more than a gut feeling, though. I don't know what contractual obligations they have to stick to, but I could see them saying "hey, we're just still not totally comfortable with this." It's strange, the timing of this event is like jusssst slightly before distribution of the vaccine is widespread enough.
    I can’t see this fest happening without them.  It may well be postponed to 2022, I’m not saying that won’t happen, but I don’t see it happening in 2021 without PJ.  
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South PhillyPosts: 13,135
    wasn't the lineup already adjusted since it was pushed back a year? Believe like the Beach Boys and a few others canceled on it, PJ had a chance to do so.
    Possibly? This is nothing more than a gut feeling, though. I don't know what contractual obligations they have to stick to, but I could see them saying "hey, we're just still not totally comfortable with this." It's strange, the timing of this event is like jusssst slightly before distribution of the vaccine is widespread enough.
    I can’t see this fest happening without them.  It may well be postponed to 2022, I’m not saying that won’t happen, but I don’t see it happening in 2021 without PJ.  
    Yeah, I guess that would be my next hot take because of this - I agree. If they're out, then it gets pushed back again.

There's just so many logistics and social policy that still need to be worked out. Are they going to group people on the beach with their own little platforms? I just don't know how it all works out just yet. We have a shore house that I booked for this, so for numerous reasons I hope this festival does and does not happen in 2021. If all of a sudden immunizations and vax distribution ramps up more to the point where the expectation is to have the majority of people vaccinated by like July I think then it becomes more realistic. Of course, I don't think this fest happens if organizers have to wait until July for that answer.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 1,046
    I’ve never been before but it seems from the photos online that they don’t have that much space to work with so that if they have to have reduced capacity or pods they probably wouldn’t be able to have enough people there for the dollars to work out.  
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 1,731
    I’ve never been before but it seems from the photos online that they don’t have that much space to work with so that if they have to have reduced capacity or pods they probably wouldn’t be able to have enough people there for the dollars to work out.  
    Honestly, it's hard for me to think of any real festival that that isn't true for.  Once the bands are paid, location and permits paid, crew to set up and work fest paid, and all the other costs of putting it on are paid, if you only have half the attendees/ticket sales, it's hard to imagine breaking even much less making a profit, unless they were REALLY ripping us off with the prices before hand ;) 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,570

I agree... If PJ dropped I'm not sure what headliner they could secure that would be on their level.  I do think it's likely PJ would remain committed if the festival was postponed because of their friendship with Danny Clinch. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South PhillyPosts: 13,135
    on2legs said:

I agree... If PJ dropped I'm not sure what headliner they could secure that would be on their level.  I do think it's likely PJ would remain committed if the festival was postponed because of their friendship with Danny Clinch. 
    Yeah, definitely, I think another way to put it is if PJ cancels it'll be coordinated with SHN beforehand.

Looking forward to when this finally actually happens, and Eddie plays The Stone Pony and Bruce joins them onstage for the fest.  =)