Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    Trudeau just "suggested" that Canada will have to get to 75% vaccinated before he reopens the Canada/US border. 
    We should hit that number by July 
    Disagree - he means 75% with two doses.  
    Yeah needs to happen before that, we’ll see i guess
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Trudeau just "suggested" that Canada will have to get to 75% vaccinated before he reopens the Canada/US border. 
    We should hit that number by July 
    Disagree - he means 75% with two doses.  
    Yeah needs to happen before that, we’ll see i guess
    We are on pace for Sep 6th to open the borders if this is what they need. That is a worse case scenario I think. We are vaccinating 0.88% of the population everyday and that number should be climbing in June hopefully. Now will we hit that number and if we don't then what...
  • Options
    waltuswaltus Posts: 11
    Anyone have an educated guess for how much individual Sunday tickets will go for on the Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster? This is the first that I have seen that particular site used and it notes that tickets can be sold for over face value.

I am trying to determine whether it's worth risking a fan-to-fan secondary purchase of hard tickets and/or a wrist band in the month before the festival (or at the doors). If that is a risky strategy, I may pay the premium to avoid worrying about it... I welcome advice! This would be my first full show (I saw them at Bridge School Benefit previously). This festival is going to be a great event. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    mfc2006 said:
    chitty said:
    I don't know Spoon, Maggie Rogers, The Frames or Belinda Carlisle music so I guess I have some summer music to catch up on. I guess just look up their old setlists to figure out songs to listen to?

Spoon - awesome band. I've seen them live several times and their back catalog is lengthy. Hope you enjoy!
    Maggie Rogers - a good songwriter and I hear her tunes from time to time, but I'm not super familiar with her work.
    The Frames - Band fronted by Glen Hansard....lots of great tunes. My fav song is definitely "Finally." Crazy energy on that one.
    Brandi Carlile - amazing songwriter with a great back catalog as well. I've loved pretty much everything she's put out. Live from Benaroya Hall is a great introduction to her energy and songwriting. 
    Maggie Rogers is great. I've seen her 2 times in concert. She's fun to watch and has some great songs. Her debut album is really good. It even has a song called "Retrograde" on it :wink: 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Got my rental car for Ohana today. 6 days. $360 with Costco travel. Not bad. Thought it would be a lot worse with the shortage. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    edited May 2021
    PJNB said:
    Got my rental car for Ohana today. 6 days. $360 with Costco travel. Not bad. Thought it would be a lot worse with the shortage. 
    gas will be $4000 extra. 

and delivered in plastic bags. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:
    ya the car prices are ridiculous, usually get a car there for around 100$, i'm at 370 right now. 
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 537
    GA is up on the exchange for Sunday GA.  $1000 each lol. 😔
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    PJNB said:
    That's a great deal in this current market.

We are going to Maui next month, and a compact car is $457/day due to the shortages on the islands.
  • Options
    pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    I know you will all think I'm making this up, and frankly, I for a while I thought I was hallucinating, but there were just two Sunday tickets on the fan exchange for $167/ea. I had them in my cart, it was spinning. And then not available. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    pjcord said:
    I know you will all think I'm making this up, and frankly, I for a while I thought I was hallucinating, but there were just two Sunday tickets on the fan exchange for $167/ea. I had them in my cart, it was spinning. And then not available. 
    Shit! Did you have everything preloaded? All I had to do was my security code for the CC I think when I did mine. 

I am really confused why they have not been publicly advertising this. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Fan to Fan picking up a bit today. Highest price 3 Day Ga ticket I have seen sell so far was a pair today and yesterday for around $835 before fees. 

Some Sundays GA's have been added but still too steep at the moment I feel with the 3 day GA selling at what they have been. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Fan to Fan picking up a bit today. Highest price 3 Day Ga ticket I have seen sell so far was a pair today and yesterday for around $835 before fees. 

Some Sundays GA's have been added but still too steep at the moment I feel with the 3 day GA selling at what they have been. 
    Do you think it comes down closer to September?  So conflicted on how high I’m willing to go. 
  • Options
    rival9500 said:
    PJNB said:

Do you think it comes down closer to September?  So conflicted on how high I’m willing to go. 
    This is a tough one to answer and I am no expert. It is a gamble to buy either way right now. If we are only getting 2 shows this fall Ohana tickets are going to go up in price obviously. If they announce more dates they will go down with people dumping tickets to go to a closer show. Another gamble is to wait for the probable drop this September like past years on the official site but who knows when,how many, or if any at all will be available. Set a budget that you can live with, buy the tickets and don't look again lol. 

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJNB said:

Just FYI the fees are brutal. $314 on two tickets.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    Question… are the tickets on fan-to-fan for Ohana being sold at face value or can people charge whatever they want?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Question… are the tickets on fan-to-fan for Ohana being sold at face value or can people charge whatever they want?
    What ever they want.

It is impossible to sell for face since the sellers fees are so high and so are the buyers fees. It is just like stubhub but with this service you are getting the tickets switched over to your name. You do not have to deal with the seller at all. I got a $5 will call service fee which I found to be hilarious. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    What ever they want.

It is impossible to sell for face since the sellers fees are so high and so are the buyers fees. It is just like stubhub but with this service you are getting the tickets switched over to your name. You do not have to deal with the seller at all. I got a $5 will call service fee which I found to be hilarious. 
    Gotcha.  Thanks for clearing it up for me. 👍🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CT98115CT98115 Posts: 7
    edited May 2021
    Thanks for the clarification
    Post edited by CT98115 on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    CT98115 said:
    Can we list tickets on this site above face value or is this frowned up?
    Definitely frowned upon. I know of a few people that are looking, but they're looking for around face value.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mfc2006 said:
    CT98115 said:
    Definitely frowned upon. I know of a few people that are looking, but they're looking for around face value.

Might get you in trouble with the Mods as well.  Reselling above cost is a big no no on this site.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Get_Right said:
    mfc2006 said:
    CT98115 said:

Might get you in trouble with the Mods as well.  Reselling above cost is a big no no on this site.
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    rival9500 said:
    PJNB said:

This is a tough one to answer and I am no expert. It is a gamble to buy either way right now. If we are only getting 2 shows this fall Ohana tickets are going to go up in price obviously. If they announce more dates they will go down with people dumping tickets to go to a closer show. Another gamble is to wait for the probable drop this September like past years on the official site but who knows when,how many, or if any at all will be available. Set a budget that you can live with, buy the tickets and don't look again lol. 

Cool.  Budget is set.  Still a bit too high.  Really wondering why no Ohana announcement on this as well. 
  • Options
    Just booked my flight to Ohana. Air Canada has a deal on right now that you can do a one time change or voucher for free if you book before May 31st. If the border does not open up at least I am covered on the flight. 
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 727
    PJNB said:
    Just booked my flight to Ohana. Air Canada has a deal on right now that you can do a one time change or voucher for free if you book before May 31st. If the border does not open up at least I am covered on the flight. 
    Exactly what I did too. Mtl to LAX on the 23rd. But we’ll be all good by then.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    For those who are MMJ fans, they are playing the Santa Barbara Bowl on the Thursday before Ohana.

It is about a 3 hour drive from Santa Barbara to the Ohana site.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    For those who are MMJ fans, they are playing the Santa Barbara Bowl on the Thursday before Ohana.

What an amazing venue. I was looking at that today with Phish ticket sale. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

What an amazing venue. I was looking at that today with Phish ticket sale. 
    It is an amazing venue.....if you sit up high ( which is not too high ), you can see the ocean.

Pearl Jam last played there in 2006.

Many arena acts, such as Radiohead, make a point of playing there.

It is only a 90 minute drive from L.A., yet Santa Barbara feels like much farther away!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Did the SB Thursday night -> Ohana weekend turnaround in 2019 for Incubus and that was a little rough in terms of getting enough rest that weekend.

Tempted because I’d like to see MMJ play a full set, but I couldn’t pull anything during the pre- and on-sales that I thought would make the trek worthwhile. My ticket on-sale reflexes are a little rusty after a year off!
  • Options
    I also though about seeing MMJ in SB but my 55 year old body probably can't do 4 show days in a row!

I agree about the on-sale reflexes!    I will be tested on Wednesday with the the Wilco Skyblueskye onsale!