Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    edited May 2021
    Might try to make this work.  I do enjoy Kings of Leon and all, but near Joshua Tree could be nice to see
    https://www.pappyandharriets.com/event/modest-mouse/
    Post edited by Father Hubbard on
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 756
    Might try to make this work.  I dont enjoy Kings of Leon and all, but near Joshua Tree could be nice to see
    Wow, that is out there. Love Modest Mouse though.

Kings of Leon play the songs EXACTLY like they sound on the record. It is uncanny. Seen them twice at various festivals and can take it or leave it. 
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    kaw753 said:
    Might try to make this work.  I dont enjoy Kings of Leon and all, but near Joshua Tree could be nice to see

Kings of Leon play the songs EXACTLY like they sound on the record. It is uncanny. Seen them twice at various festivals and can take it or leave it. 
    Ooops, meant to say I *do* enjoy KOL, but you're right they're pretty close to the album versions.  

Probably a good chance of this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIb2Dfj1yCo&ab_channel=ruggs1996
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    kaw753 said:

Same here. Saw them twice. Both times were meh. Not bad but not exciting. Almost no energy from the band or the crowd. 
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Sadly might have to sell my weekend passes if 2nd vaccine isn't done or travel restrictions don't ease up from Canada. Ohana is saying we can sell on Ticketmaster but I bought tickets directly from the Ohana website. Anyone have any idea how to sell weekend passes on Ticketmaster? Ohana isn't reply to my emails. 
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 537
    halv said:
    Sadly might have to sell my weekend passes if 2nd vaccine isn't done or travel restrictions don't ease up from Canada. Ohana is saying we can sell on Ticketmaster but I bought tickets directly from the Ohana website. Anyone have any idea how to sell weekend passes on Ticketmaster? Ohana isn't reply to my emails. 
    Ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com. Just search for Ohana fest and sell.  Do you have all 3 days or 2?  Ill buy right now if you put them on for face.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    halv said:
    https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/seg244/ohana-music-festival-tickets/event/38360

I pmd you. I have a friend from California looking for two. Can we time this?
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    edited May 2021
    Probably Won’t be selling until August if I do.  Thanks for the help everyone.  
    Post edited by halv on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Thankful to receive confirmation that the pair of 3-day passes I won last year will rollover to this year’s festival!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    halv said:
    Probably Won’t be selling until August if I do.  Thanks for the help everyone.  

Hope you get your shot & go! Sorry for all the thirsty DM's coming your way, lol

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    kaw753 said:

Ooops, meant to say I *do* enjoy KOL, but you're right they're pretty close to the album versions.  

I was there and well worth sitting through their set.  I can only hope we get that at Ohana.  Simply awesome.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 756
    Might try to make this work.  I do enjoy Kings of Leon and all, but near Joshua Tree could be nice to see
    FYI. Modest Mouse in LA on the Saturday night for those looking for alternatives: 09/25 - Los Angeles, CA - The Theatre at Ace Hotel.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    kasedoug said:
    Thankful to receive confirmation that the pair of 3-day passes I won last year will rollover to this year’s festival!
    That's a valuable win!

Good job!
  • Options
    hill1426hill1426 Los Angeles Posts: 31
    Just throwing this out there to anyone who can no longer make it to Ohana--

Please sell me your Ohana Sunday tickets, or your 3-day passes! My 40th b-day is that Sunday 9/26 and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate. I was able to get single-day Saturday tix, but the Sundays and 3-days were sold out :(

I swear I’m worthy of your tickets! Seen PJ over 25 times- Went to the Chicago Wrigley 2016 show on my honeymoon (two days after getting married in L.A.), I went to PJ20 all alone as my 30th b-day present to myself. I had the time of my life and I’d love to celebrate my 40th with my PJ crew again! I’m even set to give birth to a goddamn baby in August and I’m ditching that kid just to go to this show (#badmom)

Hoping for 4 tix but will very happily settle for 2 tix. Obviously looking for a reasonable price. I have had to re-sell my PJ tix as well as tix to other bands’ shows many, many times and I have never sold above face value (WWPJD?).

Thank you for your consideration,

Hillary

• Options
    Looking for 1 ticket for Sunday.Ill cater your alcohol needs. Thanks
  • Options
    We have the whole trip booked now and I am more optimistic then ever with the border opening up in time. Flying into LAX on the 22nd. Staying a night in Malibu, then a night in Laguna beach and then 3 nights a mile south of the fest (thanks Chitty!) 

If anyone has any recommendations on restaurants, beaches or hikes in those areas I would love to hear it. We have a rental car but would prefer to stay on the coast.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    PJNB said:
    We have the whole trip booked now and I am more optimistic then ever with the border opening up in time. Flying into LAX on the 22nd. Staying a night in Malibu, then a night in Laguna beach and then 3 nights a mile south of the fest (thanks Chitty!) 

If anyone has any recommendations on restaurants, beaches or hikes in those areas I would love to hear it. We have a rental car but would prefer to stay on the coast.
    Catalina Island is a nice day trip. You can enjoy the beach and hike. I went to a wedding there a few years ago and loved it.
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 194
    PJNB said:

Not really a hike but we enjoyed checking out the Dana Point caves one of the mornings before going into the festival. Planning on spending a couple extra days in that area so we can explore a little more this time.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    For those of you not going to Ohana on Friday, 9/24, St. Vincent is playing the Hollywood Bowl that night.
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    PJNB said:

A few local favorites in Malibu... all on the coast just off PCH:
    -Paradise Cove at Point Dume (there are a couple trails leading to the cove; easy picturesque beach hike)
    -Neptune's Net
    -Getty Villa 
    -Adamson House

Enjoy your brief stay in LA!
  • Options
    PJNB said:

el adobe de Capistrano is a solid Mexican restaurant and has an interesting local history...it was Richard Nixon's favorite place to eat when he stayed at the "Western Whitehouse"...it also is believed to be haunted...the wine cellar is a former jail cell and I believe that is the room the ghost "haunts"
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will check them all out today!
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 990
    Get_Right said:
    kaw753 said:

I was there and well worth sitting through their set.  I can only hope we get that at Ohana.  Simply awesome.
    Hell yes - this was amazing / loved Kings set at Lolla that year but this made it even better.  I was at ACL a couple years later too and both bands played with same EV cameo - so I'd put my money on EV joining them at his festival.  I never thought I'd say this but I want summer over so September is here!! CAN'T WAIT!!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Options
    FC28207FC28207 Posts: 70
    I'm in Austin, so no judgement from me on wanting to skip summer
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    PJNB said:

A few recs:
    Malibu Seafood has some of the best fish & chips you'll ever have, plus it's BYOB and has outdoor seating with ocean views
    Malibu Wines is a fun way to spend a few hours 
    Definitely worth it to drive through Pepperdine and check out the campus/views. It's gated, but just tell the guard you have a son/daughter/niece/nephew who is thinking about going there and you want to drive around and take some pictures for them 
    Dont know if you surf, but if you do, rent a board...if not, take a lesson!
    If you are looking to break up the drive from Malibu to Laguna, Panxa Cocina in Long Beach is a fantastic Mexican fusion place

On another note, any NFL fans looking to meet up to watch the early games on Sunday? Go Browns!! 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,208
    Four beautiful words now associated with my order that I placed late last year:  Layaway paid in full!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lots of fake accounts on the Facebook groups and other social media sites.  No one imo should be sending any money to strangers imo with the ticket exchange being up and an option. I hate the fees but unless you have references from sellers I would pay the fees every time rather than risk losing money. Time it with someone on the exchange and if they back out you know it was no good anyways. 
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 196
    PJNB said:
    Lots of fake accounts on the Facebook groups and other social media sites.  No one imo should be sending any money to strangers imo with the ticket exchange being up and an option. I hate the fees but unless you have references from sellers I would pay the fees every time rather than risk losing money. Time it with someone on the exchange and if they back out you know it was no good anyways. 
    the truth. it's better to pay the fees and tickets are good. you can sleep better knowing tickets are legit.
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 537
    PJNB said:
    They all follow the same script.  None of them will use stubhub or the exchange.  It’s either that those sites won’t let them post or that they just prefer facebook/instagram because they “were successful”.  I’m sure they were successful but not the victim who just got scammed for hundreds of dollars.  Having said that, I really need a Sunday GA.  Any help is greatly appreciated!
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options