Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:
    Has any white guy, in the history of white guys, ever been offended by being called a Cracker?
    Two months ago when we had to enforce masks again at my store I had a black lady call me a “punk ass white Ben affleck looking motherfucker” because I asked her to put on a mask. It was the highlight of my week honestly. 
    i probably would have laughed if someone said that to me.

there was a meme on social media a few years ago about all white guys looking like ben affleck, lol.
    I’ve been called a lot of things over the course of the pandemic when asking people to put on a mask. That was by far the winner. How could I get mad at that? 
    probably because it's funny! lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:
    Has any white guy, in the history of white guys, ever been offended by being called a Cracker?
    Two months ago when we had to enforce masks again at my store I had a black lady call me a “punk ass white Ben affleck looking motherfucker” because I asked her to put on a mask. It was the highlight of my week honestly. 

there was a meme on social media a few years ago about all white guys looking like ben affleck, lol.
    I’ve been called a lot of things over the course of the pandemic when asking people to put on a mask. That was by far the winner. How could I get mad at that? 
    do you look like ben affleck though? i sure as hell don't!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

I don’t think so and never been told that. Haha. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited February 2022
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

Thats pretty awesome.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

brb. gotta go change my avatar to ben affleck.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

We should all do that. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

We should all do that. 
    That's a weird idea. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Shit is going sideways for Rogan and Spotify. 

This is devastating for Spotify because original content is the only thing that keeps them from being overrun by Apple and Amazon.  And they plunked down 100mm for Rogan. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
    i watched his apology video this morning. comes off sounding like he is sorry, but i can't say that it is not more of a "sorry i got caught" than an actual apology. i think he sees that he could potentially lose his podcast and is scrambling to do damage control.

there is a lot of light on him now and he knows he needs to watch what he says. maybe he will have to stop smoking weed before doing the podcast.

I’ve been very critical of jr but as long as he apologizes for this and his podcasts are clearly labeled for inaccurate content, he deserves another chance. And yes, he needs I watch what he says. I’m trying, Nick
    I agree. People seem to only forgive people they like. NYC mayor just got caught saying cracker. But it was way back in 2019 before it was wrong. I guess. People are allowed to make mistakes. His apology seemed genuinely sincere. I think it’s Time to get off his D. Until the next Twitter mega clip 
    i don't think you can decide when it is time to get off of him. people are pissed off at him and are waking up and making it known. spotify is in the tank right now.

my problem is he knowingly spreads misinformation on his podcast. he is talking about things he knows very little about, or knows just enough about to be dangerous. he has people that are so loyal to him they will do exactly what he recommends, just like trump with the bleach drinking. he has said and advocated things that no doubt have resulted in people getting covid, prolonging their symptoms, and potentially dying. that, above anything else he has done in his entire life, is unforgivable in my eyes.

also, the arrogance with which he freely spreads wrong information and nonchalance that he uses to defend himself almost makes me think he is doing it on purpose. like spreading disinformation.
    We get it. You hate him. 
    and you love him. we get it.
    Expecting a ”Personallyyyy I don’t listen to or care for Joe Rogan… BUT… ”
    It’s annoying but I have to say it. Because if I defend him I must be a huge fan. If I critique anything on the left I must be a trump voter. It’s the same cycle here over and over. 
    What's the defense for using the N word consistently?
    That’s not for me to answer. He addressed it. You either accept his response or you don’t. Forgive him or don’t. Forgiveness seems to only depend on if you (general) like the person or not. 
    So, do you forgive him?
    Not that it matter but yea. I do. I also forgave my mayor this week for using the word “cracker” in 2019. I’m on a streak  
    Hopefully you don’t think cracker is in anyway equivalent. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

Well you know we all look alike…..probably a cut about what “crackers” would say about black folks..get it? 
    Truth be told, blacks are the funniest people around, not the comedians, the everyday black folk.  And I boxed with my brother when I was ten so I don’t consider myself soft, however, I would never mess with a black woman..never.  Those chicks are crazy and strong and they know it and I would tell them that to their face to avoid a confrontation.  
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401

Lol
    I laughed at this too 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

We should all do that. 
    That's a weird idea. 
    You’re right. Forget it. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

We should all do that. 
    That's a weird idea. 
    You’re right. Forget it. 
    I don't know man.. is your pic stranger than mine?  It's close. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    nbm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    eddiec said:

We should all do that. 
    That's a weird idea. 
    You’re right. Forget it. 
    I don't know man.. is your pic stranger than mine?  It's close. 
    It’s close man. Maybe a poll to settle this?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,731

Lol

OK... made me laugh.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    https://youtu.be/8tMwORyrGBk

Last week or whenever this episode came out.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Shit is going sideways for Rogan and Spotify. 

This is devastating for Spotify because original content is the only thing that keeps them from being overrun by Apple and Amazon.  And they plunked down 100mm for Rogan. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
    i watched his apology video this morning. comes off sounding like he is sorry, but i can't say that it is not more of a "sorry i got caught" than an actual apology. i think he sees that he could potentially lose his podcast and is scrambling to do damage control.

there is a lot of light on him now and he knows he needs to watch what he says. maybe he will have to stop smoking weed before doing the podcast.

I’ve been very critical of jr but as long as he apologizes for this and his podcasts are clearly labeled for inaccurate content, he deserves another chance. And yes, he needs I watch what he says. I’m trying, Nick
    I agree. People seem to only forgive people they like. NYC mayor just got caught saying cracker. But it was way back in 2019 before it was wrong. I guess. People are allowed to make mistakes. His apology seemed genuinely sincere. I think it’s Time to get off his D. Until the next Twitter mega clip 
    i don't think you can decide when it is time to get off of him. people are pissed off at him and are waking up and making it known. spotify is in the tank right now.

my problem is he knowingly spreads misinformation on his podcast. he is talking about things he knows very little about, or knows just enough about to be dangerous. he has people that are so loyal to him they will do exactly what he recommends, just like trump with the bleach drinking. he has said and advocated things that no doubt have resulted in people getting covid, prolonging their symptoms, and potentially dying. that, above anything else he has done in his entire life, is unforgivable in my eyes.

also, the arrogance with which he freely spreads wrong information and nonchalance that he uses to defend himself almost makes me think he is doing it on purpose. like spreading disinformation.
    We get it. You hate him. 
    and you love him. we get it.
    Expecting a ”Personallyyyy I don’t listen to or care for Joe Rogan… BUT… ”
    It’s annoying but I have to say it. Because if I defend him I must be a huge fan. If I critique anything on the left I must be a trump voter. It’s the same cycle here over and over. 
    What's the defense for using the N word consistently?
    That’s not for me to answer. He addressed it. You either accept his response or you don’t. Forgive him or don’t. Forgiveness seems to only depend on if you (general) like the person or not. 
    So, do you forgive him?
    Not that it matter but yea. I do. I also forgave my mayor this week for using the word “cracker” in 2019. I’m on a streak  
    So you believe he used the N-word like just a few years back without realising/knowing it was something one should not do?

Or what exactly are you forgiving?
    i think back then joe was trying to be an edgelord on his podcast. any white person in america that has been alive since the 80s knows that you should never ever use the n word. i mean, why would any white person want to use that word unless they are racist, or want to be an asshole?
    Do newspapers (etc)in the US avoid the word too, or do they write it out when referencing it?
  • Options
    Why would Joe Rogan have this dude on? Isn't it curious:

Charles Carlisle Johnson (born October 22, 1988) is an American far-right[1] political activist who was a public figure in the years 2013 to 2019. A self-described "investigative journalist",[2] Johnson is often described as an internet troll and has been repeatedly involved in the proliferation and spread of multiple fake news stories.[3][4][5]

Johnson once posted on a Reddit Ask Me Anything "I do not and never have believed the six million figure" (referring to the number of Jewish people killed in the Holocaust) and "I agree with [Holocaust denierDavid Cole about Auschwitz and the gas chambers not being real."[37]

Can someone please counter with something Neil Young has said or done, so we can balance this out!

• Options

Charles Carlisle Johnson (born October 22, 1988) is an American far-right[1] political activist who was a public figure in the years 2013 to 2019. A self-described "investigative journalist",[2] Johnson is often described as an internet troll and has been repeatedly involved in the proliferation and spread of multiple fake news stories.[3][4][5]

Johnson once posted on a Reddit Ask Me Anything "I do not and never have believed the six million figure" (referring to the number of Jewish people killed in the Holocaust) and "I agree with [Holocaust denierDavid Cole about Auschwitz and the gas chambers not being real."[37]

Can someone please counter with something Neil Young has said or done, so we can balance this out!

Neil once said that American soldiers were made of tin. Very racist.

THAT guy was on JR? And he acted like "gosh is that really true?"  

If you are that stupid or naive,  you should not be on air. 
  • Options

Neil doesn’t have “interesting” answers to “interesting” questions from “interesting” people. Neil’s a bore.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    How many episodes has Spotify taken down of JR since this all came out.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    How many episodes has Spotify taken down of JR since this all came out.
    Last I saw was 113. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022

After spending roughly five minutes going off about a now-debunked pseudoscientific theory of the “Bondo ape” — a purported Congolese super-ape that supposedly could walk upright like a human and was hyper-aggressive — Rogan took a call from a Floridian primatologist who identified herself only as “Allison.”

She countered that “there’s no such thing as a Bondo ape” — but before she could even finish her sentence, the host was jumping down her throat, calling her a “fucking idiot” and telling the PhD scientist that she should go “online” and look it up. No, we’re not making this up.

Back in reality, of course, the Bondo or “Bili” ape theory was debunked in the early 2000s when scientists discovered via DNA tests that the species actually belonged to the common chimpanzee. The credibility of the Bondo ape, in other words, lies somewhere between Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

To her credit, the primatologist fought valiantly in the face of Rogan’s childish derision as he repeatedly called her “stupid” and suggested she was simply behind the times, citing dubious research to back up his claims.

At the end of the segment, after the primatologist was disconnected, Rogan continued to make fun of her, including mocking her for having a vagina — a preposterously sexist barb that should give anybody listening to his show pause.

https://youtu.be/__CvmS6uw7E

"When was the last time you went online and researched primates?". Haha. 

Let me say it again: Joe Rogan is an idiot. Comes off as very uncharming in the clip.
  • Options

After spending roughly five minutes going off about a now-debunked pseudoscientific theory of the “Bondo ape” — a purported Congolese super-ape that supposedly could walk upright like a human and was hyper-aggressive — Rogan took a call from a Floridian primatologist who identified herself only as “Allison.”

She countered that “there’s no such thing as a Bondo ape” — but before she could even finish her sentence, the host was jumping down her throat, calling her a “fucking idiot” and telling the PhD scientist that she should go “online” and look it up. No, we’re not making this up.

Back in reality, of course, the Bondo or “Bili” ape theory was debunked in the early 2000s when scientists discovered via DNA tests that the species actually belonged to the common chimpanzee. The credibility of the Bondo ape, in other words, lies somewhere between Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

To her credit, the primatologist fought valiantly in the face of Rogan’s childish derision as he repeatedly called her “stupid” and suggested she was simply behind the times, citing dubious research to back up his claims.

At the end of the segment, after the primatologist was disconnected, Rogan continued to make fun of her, including mocking her for having a vagina — a preposterously sexist barb that should give anybody listening to his show pause.

https://youtu.be/__CvmS6uw7E

"When was the last time you went online and researched primates?". Haha. 

Let me say it again: Joe Rogan is an idiot. Comes off as very uncharming in the clip.
    In fairness, he's 5'8", bald and round as a bowling ball.  So he's got that going for him. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    There were 42 taken down shortly after the deal was signed. 70-ish since the Neil
    Young uproar.
  • Options
    look at all these ben affleck lookin dudes on here. wth??

lol