Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Really Joe Rogan a hero? Who did he save what war did he defend this nation in? What burning building did he run into to save kids? A rich podcaster yes a racist podcaster yes! I don’t see a hero..
    The best tweet I saw suggested that he's a hero because "he tells people they’re smart and brave for not challenging their most deeply held beliefs."

That's what Americans are looking for validation on.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    mickeyrat said:
    well here is the death knell for the podcast. you know when trump is defending you, it is only going to get worse.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-joe-rogan-stop-043252366.html

On Monday, the CEO of Rumble offered Rogan $100 million over four years to bring his show to the social media platform.

yeah i heard this and this it is going to reportedly be uncensored. can say and do whatever he wants.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    well here is the death knell for the podcast. you know when trump is defending you, it is only going to get worse.

Boy, talk about drawing up sides...

I am a firm believer that you can dislike Trump and still listen to Rogan.
    i dislike rogan for spreading covid and vaccine misinformation and getting people sick/killed. i have stated it several times in this thread. why would people like me want to listen to him?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

Boy, talk about drawing up sides...

I am a firm believer that you can dislike Trump and still listen to Rogan.
    You can't listen to Joe Rogan and be a mench though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779
    mickeyrat said:

On Monday, the CEO of Rumble offered Rogan $100 million over four years to bring his show to the social media platform.

yeah i heard this and this it is going to reportedly be uncensored. can say and do whatever he wants.

he'd have to give back huge majority of the spotify 100mil. Have no idea in general terms what that deal was other than exclusive rights to past current and future shows for x years
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Joe Rogan wants to be on Spotify/Apple/Youtube like Trump wants to be on CNN and hang with George Clooney.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Him being a comedian I saw nothing wrong with this.  If this is what people consider "hateful" nowadays they might want All in the Family banned if they watched it.

I swear Daniel Tosh is just one joke away from having the book thrown at him.
    His podcast isn’t really presented as comedy. Hell, his standup is barely presented as comedy. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Him being a comedian I saw nothing wrong with this.  If this is what people consider "hateful" nowadays they might want All in the Family banned if they watched it.

His podcast isn’t really presented as comedy. Hell, his standup is barely presented as comedy. 

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    The hero worship had to have been BS. If not, that person needs some guidance in life. I love PJ, but I would never call Eddie Vedder my hero. That type of thinking is weird. A hero is someone who sacrifices something for the greater good, you know, a selfless act or deed, not mostly selfish and void of empathy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

He is a comedian though.

He should get a pass.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    he's a guy who gets high and walks/runs around on stage shouting things and following it up with "that's crazy!". 

to quote Katya on Seinfeld: "you may tell jokes for a living, Mr. Joe Rogan, but you...are NO comedian". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    he's a guy who gets high and walks/runs around on stage shouting things and following it up with "that's crazy!". 

to quote Katya on Seinfeld: "you may tell jokes for a living, Mr. Joe Rogan, but you...are NO comedian". 
    https://youtu.be/M5s1mrcgi_c
  • Options
    I'm not sure that video needed to be posted for the 35th time, but yes, I agree. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:

He is a comedian though.

He should get a pass.
    That’s silly. It’s not a license to  help spread hate speech or cockamamie theories on human evolution that leads to broader ignorance.
  • Options

In our communication age, disinformation is the problem. Ditch the misinformers. Find a good clean place to support with your monthly checks. You have the real power. Use it.

To the baby boomers, I say 70 percent of the country's financial assets are in your hands compared with just about 5 percent for millennials. You and I need to lead.

In our age of Climate Chaos, I say ditch the companies contributing to the mass fossil fuel destruction of Earth.

For their continued funding of the fossil fuel damage even as the global temperature keeps climbing, I say take your money from the accounts of these American banks today:

Chase
    Citi
    Bank of America
    Wells Fargo

Join me as I move my money away from the damage causers or you will unintentionally be one of them. You have the power to change the world. We can do it together. Your grandchildren will thank you in history.

To the musicians and creators in the world, I say this:
    You must be able to find a better place than SPOTIFY to be the home of your art.

To the workers at SPOTIFY, I say Daniel Ek is your big problem - not Joe Rogan. Ek pulls the strings.
    Get out of that place before it eats up your soul. The only goals stated by EK are about numbers - not art, not creativity.
    Notice that EK never mentions the Medical Professionals who started this conversation. Look, one last time - at the statements EK has made.

Then be free and take the good path.

Neil Young
  • Options
    the only comedian less funny than rogan to me is dane cook.

• Options
    oh i forgot carlos mencia. rogan is funnier to me than mencia and dane cook. and that is probably about it.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    So when is Rogan going to run for WEPOTUS (Worst Ever POTUS)? '24? '28?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    oh i forgot carlos mencia. rogan is funnier to me than mencia and dane cook. and that is probably about it.
    Cook was funny in Employee of the Month and Waiting

I've never been impressed with his stand up
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    .  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

JRs twitter from 2012, am I reading that right.  I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  

musicismylife78 has stood by him for ten years (since 2012), am I reading that right. I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  
    SC posting old tweets from 2012, when this was the weekly hot topic of the day.... am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    Nami is defending the hero we all need Joe Rogan for pushing racist conspiracy theorists because it was in 2012, which was ages ago when the internet had not yet been invented and Stanley Kubrick had not yet faked the moon landing. am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    So now I'm such, for questioning the motive of old media clips, on both sides coming up into today's discussion/environment.  I brought this up before page 42

In reference to the Obama thing, I just remember that being the main focus in the news back in the day. That's all meant by that. 

Why would anyone question someone tweeting that the most popular podcaster is a peddler of racist unfounded conspiracy theories.

What is there to question.
    you have your opinion and i mine.  The reason why i bring up the timing, and the rapid montages of the the quick to air dated tweets, i feel its a smear campaign at this point.  yeah yeah label me now for questioning the quick positioning of everything that has come out in what the last 2 weeks.  but one has to question.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    .  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

JRs twitter from 2012, am I reading that right.  I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  

musicismylife78 has stood by him for ten years (since 2012), am I reading that right. I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  
    SC posting old tweets from 2012, when this was the weekly hot topic of the day.... am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    Nami is defending the hero we all need Joe Rogan for pushing racist conspiracy theorists because it was in 2012, which was ages ago when the internet had not yet been invented and Stanley Kubrick had not yet faked the moon landing. am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    So now I'm such, for questioning the motive of old media clips, on both sides coming up into today's discussion/environment.  I brought this up before page 42

In reference to the Obama thing, I just remember that being the main focus in the news back in the day. That's all meant by that. 

Why would anyone question someone tweeting that the most popular podcaster is a peddler of racist unfounded conspiracy theories.

What is there to question.
    you have your opinion and i mine.  The reason why i bring up the timing, and the rapid montages of the the quick to air dated tweets, i feel its a smear campaign at this point.  yeah yeah label me now for questioning the quick positioning of everything that has come out in what the last 2 weeks.  but one has to question.
    But regardless of the quick positioning he still said what he said. Being around a lot of black people is like being in Africa?  Come on...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

He is a comedian though.

He should get a pass.
    That’s silly. It’s not a license to  help spread hate speech or cockamamie theories on human evolution that leads to broader ignorance.
    I haven't seen where he promoted hate speech.  The video that was posted was a wee bit out of context.

Friends that listen to him religiously don't recall one thing that was racist.

I google hate speech and Joe Rogan and don't come up w anything concrete.
  • Options

Why was he so popular then?

I loved his delivery.  He was a guy you liked or hated, no in between, lol.
  • Options

yeah i was talking about their stand up.

• Options
    desantis is now saying rogan should not have apologized. prepare for rogan to go all in on maga shit going forward.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    desantis is now saying rogan should not have apologized. prepare for rogan to go all in on maga shit going forward.
    I don’t see him going all in on either side honestly. I think he’s unwillingly being adopted by the right. Of course I could be wrong but I just don’t get that feeling from this. In other news, Neil young streams are up 38% so great all around love by him. 
  • Options
    i agree nick. he won't embrace maga. he doesn't have to. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don’t see him going all in on either side honestly. I think he’s unwillingly being adopted by the right. Of course I could be wrong but I just don’t get that feeling from this. In other news, Neil young streams are up 38% so great all around love by him. 
    if he does not embrace maga, how will he handle it if maga turns on him?

maga will not turn on trump because trump has never not loved them. what happens if joe ignores maga. will the get upset like a jilted ex lover or something?

either way, trump and desantis endorsing rogan is a bad, bad look to most non-maga people.

• Options
    I feel like Rogan is somewhat immune to the politics of it all. I mean, he called Biden names and said he'd vote for a monkey over him, and he still I'm sure has just as many liberal/dem fans as he did before. If they weren't turned off before that, I don't know if they would be now. 

He also said he'd never vote for trump, I believe. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i agree nick. he won't embrace maga. he doesn't have to. 
    Death bell would be like David Duke or someone stupid like that supporting him, lol.