Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    see, I don't give two shits about Rogan's other nonsensical opinions because they don't affect the general public during a health crisis. he can talk all he wants about the evils of carbs, doing cryotherapy, the moon landing was faked (he has since realized it wasn't), but his vaccine nonsense is a problem. 

Rogan's against carbs? Now he's gone too far. No wonder he looks like a potato, the carbs came after him and turned him into one of them.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    see, I don't give two shits about Rogan's other nonsensical opinions because they don't affect the general public during a health crisis. he can talk all he wants about the evils of carbs, doing cryotherapy, the moon landing was faked (he has since realized it wasn't), but his vaccine nonsense is a problem. 

Rogan's against carbs? Now he's gone too far. No wonder he looks like a potato, the carbs came after him and turned him into one of them.
    lol his favourite meal is elk (that he killed) and grilled veggies. the guy rarely goes near a carb ever. and I get that it works for some people. if there's one thing I admire about the guy, he seems to have amazing self control and discipline. something I severely lack myself. 

hence my potato shaped torso. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    just gonna put this here. when did he change his mind? this was at the beginning of the pandemic.

Ouch. I remember when he had that guy on.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Neil Young himself has stated he is a musician first and foremost.  That he gives a shit about the world we lives in and occasionally tries to do things to make the world a better place is icing on the cake.  But it's a mistake to expect him to make every right move to save the people or save the plant.  His music has, many many times, soothed my soul.  I couldn't ask for more.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    just gonna put this here. when did he change his mind? this was at the beginning of the pandemic.

Haha. 

Joe Rogan is such an idiot.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    edited February 2022

Haha. 

To answer gims question… when trump was no longer president. Rogaine may claim to be not political, but he sure as hell knows who would be president if only his listeners voted.  When vaccine success had a chance to make Biden look good, rogain flipped.

Joe R may claim to be non political, but he is a master politician who profits by manipulating political ideas to bank cash.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834

Haha. 

To answer gims question… when trump was no longer president. Rogaine may claim to be not political, but he sure as hell knows who would be president if only his listeners voted.  When vaccine success had a chance to make Biden look good, rogain flipped.

Joe R may claim to be non political, but he is a master politician who profits by manipulating political ideas to bank cash.

Rogaine? Be better. 
  • Options
    Spotify quietly removed roughly 70 episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast, the Joe Rogan Experience, after its top executive expressed support for the comedian who's stirred controversy for spreading COVID-19 misinformation. Rogan went on Instagram Saturday to discuss the content of the old episodes, addressing two videos on social media of him saying a racial slur and another where he described a Black neighborhood as being similar to the Planet of the Apes movie
    More than 70 episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast are no longer on Spotify - CNET

Why are they cencoring?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914
    Spotify responded by publishing its content policies and said that Rogan must abide by them. But Daniel Ek, the company’s chief executives, has resisted calls to drop Rogan, and also pushed back against arguments that Spotify acts as Rogan’s publisher, saying that Spotify is rather a “platform” that lacks any advance editorial control over Rogan’s show.

Umm. Ek? Thats because thats how your company wrote the contract to begin with.

when he announced this deal, he was gleeful he was unrestrained......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    Shit is going sideways for Rogan and Spotify. 

This is devastating for Spotify because original content is the only thing that keeps them from being overrun by Apple and Amazon.  And they plunked down 100mm for Rogan. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118
    edited February 2022
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZlnH8MAb8L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Why doesn't Instagram posts embedd on this board @Sea ? Or how do you make it embedd?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    mrussel1 said:

This is devastating for Spotify because original content is the only thing that keeps them from being overrun by Apple and Amazon.  And they plunked down 100mm for Rogan. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
    i watched his apology video this morning. comes off sounding like he is sorry, but i can't say that it is not more of a "sorry i got caught" than an actual apology. i think he sees that he could potentially lose his podcast and is scrambling to do damage control.

there is a lot of light on him now and he knows he needs to watch what he says. maybe he will have to stop smoking weed before doing the podcast.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:

i watched his apology video this morning. comes off sounding like he is sorry, but i can't say that it is not more of a "sorry i got caught" than an actual apology. i think he sees that he could potentially lose his podcast and is scrambling to do damage control.

there is a lot of light on him now and he knows he needs to watch what he says. maybe he will have to stop smoking weed before doing the podcast.
    He's obviously believes that he should be able to use that word. And therefore used it, in "modern times" on several occasions. Out of arrogance or to show that he won't accept someone/society voldemorting a word. Which in itself is a pretty unique situation - as he himself says in the video.

And that he is not using the word anymore (on air), and apologized is not because he changed his mind on him being allowed or not to use it. It's because he is in a situation where the blowback might be heard and heard loudly.

But believing one should be able to forbid a word or not in society, is one thing. 

The fact that he spontaneous, off the cuff referenced a black neighborhood as "Planet of the Apes" and flat out said that white brains are superior to black brains -- shows to me, that racism is a part of it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    mrussel1 said:

I’ve been very critical of jr but as long as he apologizes for this and his podcasts are clearly labeled for inaccurate content, he deserves another chance. And yes, he needs I watch what he says. I’m trying, Nick
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I’ve been very critical of jr but as long as he apologizes for this and his podcasts are clearly labeled for inaccurate content, he deserves another chance. And yes, he needs I watch what he says. I’m trying, Nick
    I agree. People seem to only forgive people they like. NYC mayor just got caught saying cracker. But it was way back in 2019 before it was wrong. I guess. People are allowed to make mistakes. His apology seemed genuinely sincere. I think it’s Time to get off his D. Until the next Twitter mega clip 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree. People seem to only forgive people they like. NYC mayor just got caught saying cracker. But it was way back in 2019 before it was wrong. I guess. People are allowed to make mistakes. His apology seemed genuinely sincere. I think it’s Time to get off his D. Until the next Twitter mega clip 
    i don't think you can decide when it is time to get off of him. people are pissed off at him and are waking up and making it known. spotify is in the tank right now.

my problem is he knowingly spreads misinformation on his podcast. he is talking about things he knows very little about, or knows just enough about to be dangerous. he has people that are so loyal to him they will do exactly what he recommends, just like trump with the bleach drinking. he has said and advocated things that no doubt have resulted in people getting covid, prolonging their symptoms, and potentially dying. that, above anything else he has done in his entire life, is unforgivable in my eyes.

also, the arrogance with which he freely spreads wrong information and nonchalance that he uses to defend himself almost makes me think he is doing it on purpose. like spreading disinformation.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited February 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

JR can go to hell. I don't care if he gets boycotted,  canceled or what. This is all the free market at work and I love it. The reality is that after today's montage of racism,  he'll be too toxic for anyone but the right wing to be guests.  His brand and rep is damaged to the point to where it will not get back to where it was (such as it was).  That hurts his reach,  his advertising dollars,  etc. 

And honestly,  who the fuck didn't realize this century that you can't say the N word.  Moron 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

i don't think you can decide when it is time to get off of him. people are pissed off at him and are waking up and making it known. spotify is in the tank right now.

my problem is he knowingly spreads misinformation on his podcast. he is talking about things he knows very little about, or knows just enough about to be dangerous. he has people that are so loyal to him they will do exactly what he recommends, just like trump with the bleach drinking. he has said and advocated things that no doubt have resulted in people getting covid, prolonging their symptoms, and potentially dying. that, above anything else he has done in his entire life, is unforgivable in my eyes.

also, the arrogance with which he freely spreads wrong information and nonchalance that he uses to defend himself almost makes me think he is doing it on purpose. like spreading disinformation.
    We get it. You hate him. 
  • Options
    And what I love the most is that 50+ years after writing the greatest protest song ever (Ohio), Unce Neil makes another massive cultural impact.  Dude still has it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

JR can go to hell. I don't care if he gets boycotted,  canceled or what. This is all the free market at work and I love it. The reality is that after today's montage of racism,  he'll be too toxic for anyone but the right wing to be guests.  His brand and rep is damaged to the point to where it will not get back to where it was (such as it was).  That hurts his reach,  his advertising dollars,  etc. 

And honestly,  who the fuck didn't realize this century that you can't say the N word.  Moron 
    First off - doubt this will affect him much. 

Second - he knows that you should not say it. But he believes he should so he arrogantly did it. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get it. You hate him. 
    and you love him. we get it.

but by all means it is time for us to move on, lol.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Second - he knows that you should not say it. But he believes he should so he arrogantly did it. 
    I think it hurts Spotify which hurts him.  Who is going to advertise on his show? My Pillow? Buy Gold? If he wasn't worried,  he wouldn't be putting out all these apologies. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get it. You hate him. 
    Expecting a ”Personallyyyy I don’t listen to or care for Joe Rogan… BUT… ”
  • Options
    remember when a fox news host would get caught saying one taboo thing and then all of a sudden the next day go on a planned 2 week vacation? when does joe get to take his vacation?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think it hurts Spotify which hurts him.  Who is going to advertise on his show? My Pillow? Buy Gold? If he wasn't worried,  he wouldn't be putting out all these apologies. 
    I think he’s worried and trying to be pro-active. But I think it will all die down. 

No mass-exodus off the platform seems to be coming. So. In a month Bill Burr will be on there again cracking jokes. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get it. You hate him. 

but by all means it is time for us to move on, lol.
    I literally never listened to him. I don’t have Spotify. I’m a Stern guy. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

exactly. and do not forget how bad he looked in his apology video. clearly he looks like he is stressed out or under some kind of pressure. he is in brand saving mode right now.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get it. You hate him. 
    It’s annoying but I have to say it. Because if I defend him I must be a huge fan. If I critique anything on the left I must be a trump voter. It’s the same cycle here over and over. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

We get it. You hate him. 
    It’s annoying but I have to say it. Because if I defend him I must be a huge fan. If I critique anything on the left I must be a trump voter. It’s the same cycle here over and over. 
    What's the defense for using the N word consistently?