The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited February 2022
    Spotify isnt backing down, and isnt booting Joe.  Good for them.  As I said, support Joe 100%, he's a hero.  

it wasnt about booting him. there ws never an or else statement. Young said I dont want to be assiciated with a company that allows that recklessness.

curious. what job or field did you land in  after you quit a job to go to pj show?

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    .  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

JRs twitter from 2012, am I reading that right.  I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Shit is going sideways for Rogan and Spotify. 

This is devastating for Spotify because original content is the only thing that keeps them from being overrun by Apple and Amazon.  And they plunked down 100mm for Rogan. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
    i watched his apology video this morning. comes off sounding like he is sorry, but i can't say that it is not more of a "sorry i got caught" than an actual apology. i think he sees that he could potentially lose his podcast and is scrambling to do damage control.

there is a lot of light on him now and he knows he needs to watch what he says. maybe he will have to stop smoking weed before doing the podcast.

I’ve been very critical of jr but as long as he apologizes for this and his podcasts are clearly labeled for inaccurate content, he deserves another chance. And yes, he needs I watch what he says. I’m trying, Nick
    I agree. People seem to only forgive people they like. NYC mayor just got caught saying cracker. But it was way back in 2019 before it was wrong. I guess. People are allowed to make mistakes. His apology seemed genuinely sincere. I think it’s Time to get off his D. Until the next Twitter mega clip 
    i don't think you can decide when it is time to get off of him. people are pissed off at him and are waking up and making it known. spotify is in the tank right now.

my problem is he knowingly spreads misinformation on his podcast. he is talking about things he knows very little about, or knows just enough about to be dangerous. he has people that are so loyal to him they will do exactly what he recommends, just like trump with the bleach drinking. he has said and advocated things that no doubt have resulted in people getting covid, prolonging their symptoms, and potentially dying. that, above anything else he has done in his entire life, is unforgivable in my eyes.

also, the arrogance with which he freely spreads wrong information and nonchalance that he uses to defend himself almost makes me think he is doing it on purpose. like spreading disinformation.
    We get it. You hate him. 
    and you love him. we get it.
    Expecting a ”Personallyyyy I don’t listen to or care for Joe Rogan… BUT… ”
    It’s annoying but I have to say it. Because if I defend him I must be a huge fan. If I critique anything on the left I must be a trump voter. It’s the same cycle here over and over. 
    What's the defense for using the N word consistently?
    That’s not for me to answer. He addressed it. You either accept his response or you don’t. Forgive him or don’t. Forgiveness seems to only depend on if you (general) like the person or not. 
    So, do you forgive him?
    Not that it matter but yea. I do. I also forgave my mayor this week for using the word “cracker” in 2019. I’m on a streak  
    A black man referring to a "cracker" (someone who cracks a whip right?) is in no way in the same universe as a white man using the n word.
    Still wrong though. No? 
    Yeah he shouldn't have said it for sure. But it's just not comparable to the n word. 
    Sounds like you just forgive the people you like. If you forgive someone using the word cracker than you must forgive someone who repeatingly used the N-word while knowing it is something to not do. And who said that a white mans brain is superior to a black mans. 

Man, you people on the left sure are something
    Honestly I haven't heard anything from Rogan's n word barrage that bothered me too much. Now the brain thing is fucked up for sure.

And I can't say I like the NYC mayor.  I just don't think a black man calling anyone a cracker is anywhere close to a white guy using the n word.
    Hmmm it’s an interested situation. Intend to disagree with you and especially for an individual in power. Cause power and history is what makes the “n word” so awful in my mind. But a black leader calling someone a cracker is certainly a racial remark. And that coming from the mayor is unacceptable. 

I thought we already established that Joe Rohan was a moron. Using the n word is not acceptable in anyway other than historical….that my opinion…but it’s certainly not acceptable for a white person to use. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2022
    Nami said:
    .  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

JRs twitter from 2012, am I reading that right.  I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  

musicismylife78 has stood by him for ten years (since 2012), am I reading that right. I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Haha. Joe Rogan is a hero.  What a joke.  He gives power to the poor, middle age white powerless people out there.  That's such a pathetic statement.  

He won't be pulled from the air because Spotify can't lose their 100mm investment. But he will be an anchor forevermore.  

Nami said:

musicismylife78 has stood by him for ten years (since 2012), am I reading that right. I'm not on twitter but clicked it to see.  
    SC posting old tweets from 2012, when this was the weekly hot topic of the day.... am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    edited February 2022
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

SC posting old tweets from 2012, when this was the weekly hot topic of the day.... am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    Nami is defending the hero we all need Joe Rogan for pushing racist conspiracy theorists because it was in 2012, which was ages ago when the internet had not yet been invented and Stanley Kubrick had not yet faked the moon landing. am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

Birtherism was never a legitimate topic,  only a racial one meant to de legitimize the president. 

• Did you sign up to NYA @Meltdown99 ?

Did you sign up to NYA @Meltdown99 ?
    Four dead in Ohio..  50 years later,  he does it again!
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

Nami is defending the hero we all need Joe Rogan for pushing racist conspiracy theorists because it was in 2012, which was ages ago when the internet had not yet been invented and Stanley Kubrick had not yet faked the moon landing. am I reading that right. I'm not in twitter but clicked to see.  
    So now I'm such, for questioning the motive of old media clips, on both sides coming up into today's discussion/environment.  I brought this up before page 42

In reference to the Obama thing, I just remember that being the main focus in the news back in the day. That's all meant by that. 

Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

So now I'm such, for questioning the motive of old media clips, on both sides coming up into today's discussion/environment.  I brought this up before page 42

In reference to the Obama thing, I just remember that being the main focus in the news back in the day. That's all meant by that. 

The focus wasn't whether he was actually born in the US or not.  That answer was as clear as day.  There was a birth certificate adn a friggin' announcement in the Honolulu newspaper.  The focus was on the racist campaign led by Trump seeking to discredit Obama and call him a foreigner, different, the other.  So Rogan latching onto that is right on brand with what we are seeing here.  
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    This thread hurts my brain
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

After spending roughly five minutes going off about a now-debunked pseudoscientific theory of the “Bondo ape” — a purported Congolese super-ape that supposedly could walk upright like a human and was hyper-aggressive — Rogan took a call from a Floridian primatologist who identified herself only as “Allison.”

She countered that “there’s no such thing as a Bondo ape” — but before she could even finish her sentence, the host was jumping down her throat, calling her a “fucking idiot” and telling the PhD scientist that she should go “online” and look it up. No, we’re not making this up.

Back in reality, of course, the Bondo or “Bili” ape theory was debunked in the early 2000s when scientists discovered via DNA tests that the species actually belonged to the common chimpanzee. The credibility of the Bondo ape, in other words, lies somewhere between Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

To her credit, the primatologist fought valiantly in the face of Rogan’s childish derision as he repeatedly called her “stupid” and suggested she was simply behind the times, citing dubious research to back up his claims.

At the end of the segment, after the primatologist was disconnected, Rogan continued to make fun of her, including mocking her for having a vagina — a preposterously sexist barb that should give anybody listening to his show pause.

https://youtu.be/__CvmS6uw7E

"When was the last time you went online and researched primates?". Haha. 

Let me say it again: Joe Rogan is an idiot. Comes off as very uncharming in the clip.
    Now imagine the "millions" of idiots who listen, watch,  believe, and spread his lies and conspiracy theories.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Spotify stock is up $14. Spotify says they will not be cancelling Joe Rogan. I find it amusing that the guy who started all this shit is a homophobe and was spreading misinformation about HIV which was 100% death rate at the time. If you can’t see the harm this is could have caused people…
    What misinformation? 

Homophobe?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    yeah that's bad....fucking morons. How can he say all that shit (starting around 6:30) without actually knowing what the fuck he's talking about.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    yeah that's bad....fucking morons. How can he say all that shit (starting around 6:30) without actually knowing what the fuck he's talking about.

this early in the podcast. he invited friends over and they'd  get fucked up. it was being produced cuz they took calls.

still he was fronting in front of his friends.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

Why would anyone question someone tweeting that the most popular podcaster is a peddler of racist unfounded conspiracy theories.

What is there to question.
    edited February 2022
  • My guess is they will try to link his fans to Jan 6.

As I said, support Joe 100%, he's a hero.  

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Oh man, if Joe Rogan were all I had for a hero I would have to shoot myself.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Don, Jr is my hero
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    Why would Joe Rogan have this dude on? Isn't it curious:

Charles Carlisle Johnson (born October 22, 1988) is an American far-right[1] political activist who was a public figure in the years 2013 to 2019. A self-described "investigative journalist",[2] Johnson is often described as an internet troll and has been repeatedly involved in the proliferation and spread of multiple fake news stories.[3][4][5]

Johnson once posted on a Reddit Ask Me Anything "I do not and never have believed the six million figure" (referring to the number of Jewish people killed in the Holocaust) and "I agree with [Holocaust denierDavid Cole about Auschwitz and the gas chambers not being real."[37]

Can someone please counter with something Neil Young has said or done, so we can balance this out!

Neil once said that American soldiers were made of tin. Very racist.

THAT guy was on JR? And he acted like "gosh is that really true?"  

If you are that stupid or naive,  you should not be on air. 
    I guess we know the type of person who views Rogan as a hero now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • Him being a comedian I saw nothing wrong with this.  If this is what people consider "hateful" nowadays they might want All in the Family banned if they watched it.

I swear Daniel Tosh is just one joke away from having the book thrown at him.
  • mrussel1 said:

Ewww, gross!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Really Joe Rogan a hero? Who did he save what war did he defend this nation in? What burning building did he run into to save kids? A rich podcaster yes a racist podcaster yes! I don’t see a hero..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    well here is the death knell for the podcast. you know when trump is defending you, it is only going to get worse.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-joe-rogan-stop-043252366.html

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • well here is the death knell for the podcast. you know when trump is defending you, it is only going to get worse.

Boy, talk about drawing up sides...

I am a firm believer that you can dislike Trump and still listen to Rogan.
    well here is the death knell for the podcast. you know when trump is defending you, it is only going to get worse.

On Monday, the CEO of Rumble offered Rogan $100 million over four years to bring his show to the social media platform.