Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited February 2022

I've posted this before, but worth reposting:

https://youtu.be/M5s1mrcgi_c
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    dude needs to just take a few weeks off. he is making things worse every single day by commenting on stuff he does not vet and does not know anything about.

he is getting 100 million bucks. maybe say, hire a fucking factchecker prior to tweeting??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    look at all these ben affleck lookin dudes on here. wth??

lol
    Completely stole your idea 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Do people actually watch old Rogan podcasts?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    brianlux said:

somebody does
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

somebody does

Yeah, probably some one... how how many someones?  I would guess not many.  I would have to be incredibly bored to do that, lol.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Far more views than most any other podcast.  
    This is why they gave him so much money.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I stand with Joe Rogan
  • Options
    I stand with Joe Rogan

Be smart and wear a mask and do an elbow bump instead of a handshake.  You never know.

• Options
    Spotify isnt backing down, and isnt booting Joe.  Good for them.  As I said, support Joe 100%, he's a hero.  
  • Options
    TP didn't back down either. 
    As for Joe still being on Spotify goes, well, even the losers get lucky sometimes.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Sorry, I shouldn't poke fun.  Just kidding around 'cause it's hard to take this stuff seriously sometimes.  But of course the irony here is that what we're talking about with  Rogan is the disinformation he's been spreading about COVID which is not joking matter.  Something often even as serious as a heart attack.

• Options
    Either way he is set.  Spotify is benefitting from Joe more than the other way around.  Joe was massive even before the deal for 100 million.  He had his podcast on YouTube, apple music, all platforms.  He signed the deal for exclusivity, and actually limited his potential earnings.  He should be talking to Elon about starting a new platform literally ASAP.  This whole thread was a bunch of lefties talking about the dent they made in Spotify's stock, even though its an industry wide trend not related to Joe.  Joe forms new platform with Elon, a pro free speech platform, and 50 percent of Spotify leaves within minutes.  He'd become a billionaire.  He'd make way more money.  We've said this before, but Joe is not cancellable.  He's just not.  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  
  • Options
    The issue isnt that Joe speaks truth to power.  Lots of people do that.  What makes him such a danger to the system and TPTB is that he speaks for the powerless.  Thats the difference.  He gives those people a voice, and I unequivocally support him.  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,630
    Either way he is set.  Spotify is benefitting from Joe more than the other way around.  Joe was massive even before the deal for 100 million.  He had his podcast on YouTube, apple music, all platforms.  He signed the deal for exclusivity, and actually limited his potential earnings.  He should be talking to Elon about starting a new platform literally ASAP.  This whole thread was a bunch of lefties talking about the dent they made in Spotify's stock, even though its an industry wide trend not related to Joe.  Joe forms new platform with Elon, a pro free speech platform, and 50 percent of Spotify leaves within minutes.  He'd become a billionaire.  He'd make way more money.  We've said this before, but Joe is not cancellable.  He's just not.  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

The idolatry of Rogan seems a bit much to me. Essentially he brings okay interview skills and has a range of guests on. That he's a hero to some reflects a void in media rather than anything unique to Rogan.
  • Options

The idolatry of Rogan seems a bit much to me. Essentially he brings okay interview skills and has a range of guests on. That he's a hero to some reflects a void in media rather than anything unique to Rogan.
    I dont know, if someones a hero to someone seems silly to say, no he's not my hero.  Jon Stewart dealt with the same thing.  Trevor Noah deals with it too.  Jimmy Kimmel dressed in blackface 20 years ago, and had girls dancing in bikinis on trampolines, the minute he came out against Trump he became the most trusted name in late night comedy.  When Jon was hosting, for years college kids would tell him, "You are my ONLY source of news information".  You've got to be able to call out ALL forms of hero worship if thats the tack you are taking.  Not just the partisan side of the coin.  Jon got big for the same reason too.   The point is asinine anyways, because if the mainstream media weren't partisan corporate mouthpieces and government shills and stooges, then people wouldn't be looking elsewhere for news content, be it Jon, or Joe.  Its not Joe's fault, they latched onto his show in that paradigm.  Its kind of like those morons who when they dont like a movie go "I could have made that movie!".  Well...you didnt.  So...
  • Options
    Joe and Tucker are the woke mobs white whales.  And Joe is not cancelable.  He can't be deplatformed.  End of discussion.  
  • Options
    What will it be next?  "Misinformation" didnt work.  "Racism" didn't work.  My guess is they will try to link his fans to Jan 6.  Either way, I stand by Joe.  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,630

I dont know, if someones a hero to someone seems silly to say, no he's not my hero.  Jon Stewart dealt with the same thing.  Trevor Noah deals with it too.  Jimmy Kimmel dressed in blackface 20 years ago, and had girls dancing in bikinis on trampolines, the minute he came out against Trump he became the most trusted name in late night comedy.  When Jon was hosting, for years college kids would tell him, "You are my ONLY source of news information".  You've got to be able to call out ALL forms of hero worship if thats the tack you are taking.  Not just the partisan side of the coin.  Jon got big for the same reason too.   The point is asinine anyways, because if the mainstream media weren't partisan corporate mouthpieces and government shills and stooges, then people wouldn't be looking elsewhere for news content, be it Jon, or Joe.  Its not Joe's fault, they latched onto his show in that paradigm.  Its kind of like those morons who when they dont like a movie go "I could have made that movie!".  Well...you didnt.  So...
    I’ve never heard anyone say Jon Stewart was their hero. Although he’s immensely more talented than Rogan. 
  • Options
    I dont know what to tell you.  Joe Rogan can't be deplatformed.  
  • Options
    The issue isnt that Joe speaks truth to power.  Lots of people do that.  What makes him such a danger to the system and TPTB is that he speaks for the powerless.  Thats the difference.  He gives those people a voice, and I unequivocally support him.  
    Is this an act?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Is this an act?

gotta be satire
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    .  I stood by him 10 years ago.  I stood by him this week.  I stand by him now.  Period.  He's a hero.  

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Spotify stock is up $14. Spotify says they will not be cancelling Joe Rogan. I find it amusing that the guy who started all this shit is a homophobe and was spreading misinformation about HIV which was 100% death rate at the time. If you can’t see the harm this is could have caused people…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It’s time for all the boomer bands to go. They’ve had the time to sun.   Make room for new and exciting music.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Spotify stock is up $14. Spotify says they will not be cancelling Joe Rogan. I find it amusing that the guy who started all this shit is a homophobe and was spreading misinformation about HIV which was 100% death rate at the time. If you can’t see the harm this is could have caused people…
    Embarrassing.
  • Options
    The Ottawa police … “we want the trucks gone”

Also Ottawa police … “let’s steal their fuel”

lol

and they only got 3200 l of fuel … that’s like what 3-4 trucks

and the racist pm is cowering…

reminds me of the cowherd  in Dutch royal family that fled to Canada during WW2.  Except our cowherd is fleeing the citizens he proclaims to represent…

You guys should start a go fund me to buy him diapers…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

And the biggest left wing trash the Toronto star is asking for more tax dollars.  You still think legacy media has your interest at heart by providing good journalism then you are delusional…of course their are defending their homophobe rock star…
    Give Peas A Chance…