Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    pjl44 said:
    Thank you for posting this, I wonder how many will actually watch it…I have not listened to much Joe Rogan, but I will sure as hell will now.  It’s so hysterical how hypocritical the rotten brain mafia is over all this stuff…Truly the twilight zone.     Keep on Rockin in the FREE WORLD JOE!!! I am sure you will be more popular then ever with this nonsense…., just like how Obummer became the countries best Gun salesman….
    You’re right about one thing. Exact same thing as Obama’s gun sales. The fear mongering works. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,434
    So turns out that Young and Mitchell both had polio prior to that vaccine. 

Honestly can’t believe how stupid anti vaccine people are.  I doubt they’ve ever read or studied the constitution (or that they would understand it) as to where exactly their rights end.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    always love to see the sheep mentality of people who didn't support something until the people they hate come out against it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    the problem with that video isn't that Joe doesn't have enough experts on the podcast. it's what he talks about when he's got his meathead friends on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,313
    Tjm007 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:
    When did America turn into an authoritarian country that wants to ban everything and everyone that has different views ?
    Odd discussion to use of authoritarian.

Oh, I dunno…1776-ish, Civil War,McCarthyism, 9/11……………
    It’s the correct word - ban this , ban that , cancel this person, throw this actress off this show. 

What word would you use ? Land of the free it ain’t. 

Neil Young is totally wrong here - just comes accords an intolerant old goat.
    What is Neil wrong about? Wanting his own music removed from Spotify because he didn't want to be associated with a platform that had Rogan? Who cares. Rogan still has the same audience as always and Neil is going his own way. He just happened to make his reason why known to the public and the issue he has with the spreading of misinformation.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 157
    edited January 2022
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:
    When did America turn into an authoritarian country that wants to ban everything and everyone that has different views ?

It’s the correct word - ban this , ban that , cancel this person, throw this actress off this show. 

No, it’s not. I believe the word you’re looking for is capitalism.
    Lol -that's it -  yes they have a high level of free speech in Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela....

Post edited by Tjm007 on
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 157
    Tjm007 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:

You are free to do it and we are free to reject you for it.

That's what is going on here. 
    Indeed - and NY is free to look like a spoilt brat.

• Options
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:
    Thank you for posting this, I wonder how many will actually watch it…I have not listened to much Joe Rogan, but I will sure as hell will now.  It’s so hysterical how hypocritical the rotten brain mafia is over all this stuff…Truly the twilight zone.     Keep on Rockin in the FREE WORLD JOE!!! I am sure you will be more popular then ever with this nonsense…., just like how Obummer became the countries best Gun salesman….
    You’re right about one thing. Exact same thing as Obama’s gun sales. The fear mongering works. 
    Well,  we will just have to see if fear mongering works for Neil “Rockin the Free World” Young….  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    I don't watch Rogan, but I watched his Instagram comments.  He is absolutely correct that talking about the virus possibly being lab grown was called misinformation and banned on some social networks until it wasn't.  We can all agree people shouldn't peddle misinformation, but it is a slippery slope as to what should be considered misinformation.  The J&J vaccine was safe for the elderly until it wasn't.  
  • Options
    Without naming a particular person just let me say that not many women post around here and then along comes one that posts such idiotic, rude, downright stupid statements that make women look like our mentality is still worthy of being clubbed in the head and dragged in the cave.  
    At the very least try to sound like an intelligent women when giving your opinion and stop using derogatory language to describe people. 
    I’ve learned from posting that anger and stupidly gets you nowhere around here.  
    If you’re not able to support women by acting intelligent then please don’t post at all because you make us all look bad. 

• Options
    edited January 2022
    pjl44 said:
    Such an odd take, but nope, no one is controlling what you consume at all...
    Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,907
    I don't watch Rogan, but I watched his Instagram comments.  He is absolutely correct that talking about the virus possibly being lab grown was called misinformation and banned on some social networks until it wasn't.  We can all agree people shouldn't peddle misinformation, but it is a slippery slope as to what should be considered misinformation.  The J&J vaccine was safe for the elderly until it wasn't.  
    Yea all that initial “misinformation” is totaled up to “well science changes”. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    Without naming a particular person just let me say that not many women post around here and then along comes one that posts such idiotic, rude, downright stupid statements that make women look like our mentality is still worthy of being clubbed in the head and dragged in the cave.  
    At the very least try to sound like an intelligent women when giving your opinion and stop using derogatory language to describe people. 
    If you’re not able to support women by acting intelligent then please don’t post at all because you make us all look bad. 

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    “Possibly being lab grown” was never misinformation. “Definitely lab grown” was and still seems to be. 

Science changes.
  • Options
    Tjm007 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Tjm007 said:

No, it’s not. I believe the word you’re looking for is capitalism.
    Lol -that's it -  yes they have a high level of free speech in Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela....

That has nothing to do with this discussion. No government entity is suppressing free speech and no one is calling on the government to suppress free speech.
  • Options
    Thread too long to read, though I did attempt a search to see if this has been posted. Seemed really odd to me that PJ didn't follow suit with Uncle Neil. Then I remembered EV has a new album about to drop... no way in hell he (or the band) gonna commercially hinder that so there you have it!
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:
    Well,  we will just have to see if fear mongering works for Neil “Rockin the Free World” Young….  
    It’s not fear mongering to state a fact based opinion. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    edited January 2022
    DewieCox said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    “Possibly being lab grown” was never misinformation. “Definitely lab grown” was and still seems to be. 

Science changes.
    You are right with this and there is a huge difference for sure. That said though you really could not even talk about it being lab grown at the start or you were a conspiracy nut. Maybe the definitely lab grown crew ruined it for the rest of them but still it would be nice to be able to talk about the potential of something without the worry of being labeled as spreading misinformation and lumped together with the it’s always a conspiracy group.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    But is saying it might have been lab grown even an issue? Who cares about that?

Deal with it first then we can figure out if someone is responsible. We still need to get vaxxed
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647

Very odd attack. Plenty of angry dudes around here. Why didn't you start with them? 
  • Options
    Because I’m not a “dude”.  
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    Because I’m not a “dude”.  
    Therefore exempt? You couldn't pick an easier target.
  • Options
    Thread too long to read, though I did attempt a search to see if this has been posted. Seemed really odd to me that PJ didn't follow suit with Uncle Neil. Then I remembered EV has a new album about to drop... no way in hell he (or the band) gonna commercially hinder that so there you have it!
    Would be weird for Pearl Jam as a group to leave, but Eddie Vedder solo to stay on for that sweet sweet Spotify first week streams. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Would be weird for Pearl Jam as a group to leave, but Eddie Vedder solo to stay on for that sweet sweet Spotify first week streams. 
    Weird would be one way to put it... inconsistent, unprincipled, hypocritical are other words that come to mind.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

You really like to post this. Trying to make people aware that it isn't 1995 anymore?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Weird would be one way to put it... inconsistent, unprincipled, hypocritical are other words that come to mind.
    Those would be the right words.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

You really like to post this. Trying to make people aware that it isn't 1995 anymore?
    By pointing out the fashion or the airplane model, or what are you talking about?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:

I laugh every time you post this, thanks!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2022
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

Kind of along those lines.

Just funny to me that people think that 2022 EV gives a shit about any of this.

Post edited by Kat on
    I SAW PEARL JAM