Options

Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,703
    Swiss Air have just rescheduled my dublin to zurich flight from the morning to late evening, which would have been after the show. No offer or suggestion of a refund, no where on their site to request one either. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Kearn5y said:
    Swiss Air have just rescheduled my dublin to zurich flight from the morning to late evening, which would have been after the show. No offer or suggestion of a refund, no where on their site to request one either. 
    No need with Swiss. You don‘t have to fly even if you flight isn‘t cancelled. You can use your flight anytime til end of 2021. Only if you want a refund, it get‘s complicated.
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Kearn5y said:
    I'm in the same boat. I understand that if your flight is changed by more than 3.5 hours you are entitled to a refund. And in this case it has been changed by 4 hours 25 mins. I'm going to email them now and request a refund on this basis. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,852
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    No need with Swiss. You don‘t have to fly even if you flight isn‘t cancelled. You can use your flight anytime til end of 2021. Only if you want a refund, it get‘s complicated.
    Is that because the flight changed by so much or all flights that were booked at a certain time due to covid? I have been procrastinating calling them for my Budapest to Zurich flight 
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Yep, Although I hope to get to the rescheduled show, it may not suit, so at this stage, I just want a refund as I dont have any other reason to fly with Swiss.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Is that because the flight changed by so much or all flights that were booked at a certain time due to covid? I have been procrastinating calling them for my Budapest to Zurich flight 
    I got an email concerning the Budapest Zürich flight. I was hopeful for a second but it’s just been moved by 20 minutes. Might still be cancelled. 
    KLM cancelled my flight from Amsterdam at least. Just 5 more flights to go
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    I got an email concerning the Budapest Zürich flight. I was hopeful for a second but it’s just been moved by 20 minutes. Might still be cancelled. 
    I did not get one for the time adjustment. Odd. I am sure the news will be on this thread if there is any. Sounds like you had a lot of Euro shows you were doing this year. Hope they can all work out for you next year. Going to be tough for me. 

@Froggie how are things going man! Hope all is well in Ireland. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    I did not get one for the time adjustment. Odd. I am sure the news will be on this thread if there is any. Sounds like you had a lot of Euro shows you were doing this year. Hope they can all work out for you next year. Going to be tough for me. 

@Froggie how are things going man! Hope all is well in Ireland. 
    9 for my first ever tour 😊 ☹️ Hopefully soon!!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:

how are things going man! Hope all is well in Ireland. 
    Shit! It will come and the wait will be worth it! 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 933
    My Frankfurt flight cancelled and getting a refund.  Vienna flight with different airline still on as of today 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:

how are things going man! Hope all is well in Ireland. 
    Shit! It will come and the wait will be worth it! 
    Fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    Froggie said:
    Kearn5y said:
    I'm in the same boat. I understand that if your flight is changed by more than 3.5 hours you are entitled to a refund. And in this case it has been changed by 4 hours 25 mins. I'm going to email them now and request a refund on this basis. 
    I must have been on the earlier flight, as the difference is over 7hrs for me. Let us know how you get on. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,093
    I wish they would give us a bit of info to keep everyone’s spirits up. It’s quite depressing at the moment as was meant to be seeing them five times over the next couple of months (plus some other bands as well). Even if it’s just a status update saying they are continuing to look at the rescheduled dates for 2021 and will have news later in the year.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    I wish they would give us a bit of info to keep everyone’s spirits up. It’s quite depressing at the moment as was meant to be seeing them five times over the next couple of months (plus some other bands as well). Even if it’s just a status update saying they are continuing to look at the rescheduled dates for 2021 and will have news later in the year.
    Hopefully the Ziggo Dome email is true and that new dates will be soon. They thought they would have had dates by now and plan on releasing them as soon as they come available. Having new dates as ammo for hotels/flight cancelation and credits will be very helpful for us. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,093
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    Hopefully the Ziggo Dome email is true and that new dates will be soon. They thought they would have had dates by now and plan on releasing them as soon as they come available. Having new dates as ammo for hotels/flight cancelation and credits will be very helpful for us. 
    Yeah same here. My hotel next to the Ziggo Dome said I can change the date on the booking once but I need to do this before the original booked date. So ideally need to know the new date before 22nd July....
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    Kearn5y said:
    No the way Swiss describes it, this is true for any flight. Even if it‘s not cancelled but you wish to stay home. You don‘t even have to inform them. Don‘t check in and you‘ll get credit for another flight. But I‘d prefer a refund as well. Who knows how Swiss survives the crises.

In other news: Yes. An update by PJ HQ would be much appreciated. Even if it‘s „we‘ll observe the pandemic for a while until we schedule new dates“.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    edited June 2020
    Ryanair is stooping to new lows.  It cancelled my flight a few weeks ago.  Fine.  Refund option presented, form filled out.  Great.  Now, they email with an option to accept a voucher, or request a refund.  And they say refunds will be made over the next few months.  Whenever they get around to it.  Maybe.  Why does a refund have to be requested again? I already requested it.  Is there a regulatory body with oversight of this gamesmanship? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    kst said:
    Ryanair is stooping to new lows.  It cancelled my flight a few weeks ago.  Fine.  Refund option presented, form filled out.  Great.  Now, they email with an option to accept a voucher, or request a refund.  And they say refunds will be made over the next few months.  Whenever they get around to it.  Maybe.  Why does a refund have to be requested again? I already requested it.  Is there a regulatory body with oversight of this gamesmanship? 
    Just had exactly the same I would have accepted the voucher if but its only valid for 1 year so wont be able to use for next years tour 
  • Options
    kst said:
    Just had exactly the same I would have accepted the voucher if but its only valid for 1 year so wont be able to use for next years tour 
    And I am now finding if you click on request refund there isn’t a way to actually request it! You?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 306
    Air Baltic gave us a travel deadline of 31.12.2021, plus 40€ added. That's how you take care of your customers!
  • Options
    kst said:
    kst said:
    And I am now finding if you click on request refund there isn’t a way to actually 
  • Options
    Yes looks like you need to contact them 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    edited June 2020
    Yes looks like you need to contact them 

Yeah, it is ridiculous.  I tried to submit a claim again online and it is said that I had already submitted one (which I had).  I guess I just need to send a general request. 

Update:  I don't see how to just send an email and I am going to assume for now if I've already requested the refund that that request will still be processed.   Perhaps I'm just lazy.  Will give it 60 days. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Not sure if I'm reading it correctly but I think it may be that if you dont accept the voucher they will eventually refund it ?
  • Options
    Option 1 accept a voucher

Option 2 if you don’t want a voucher go to option 1

• Options
    OL289189OL289189 Posts: 17
    Same here : requested a refund, and got emailed a few days later with a voucher number.
    Seems the voucher remains valid 'til you got the refund.

Also, guess it's a translation mistake but, i received an email that mentions a "cash" refund
  • Options
    I had two Ryanair reservations cancelled and got the same mails. Mine says pretty clearly that I still get my money if I don’t accept the voucher (I‘d have to follow a link to do that). If I do accept the voucher but don’t use it before it expires, I get my money back. I made a screenshot of my original refund request so I guess I‘m fine
  • Options
    Rumor on some festival forum, that the tour might be pushed to 2022.

I‘d really like to hear some update on this.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    At least we know that Lollapalooza Paris and Stockholm have confirmed that Pearl Jam will be back next year. Bailing out of those might not be cheap.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    At least we know that Lollapalooza Paris and Stockholm have confirmed that Pearl Jam will be back next year. Bailing out of those might not be cheap.
    I'm not sure about that. If they fulfill their contracts in 2022 a festival wouldn't insist on 2021. Unless they want to never have them on their line up again.
This discussion has been closed.