Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

1234579

Comments

  • kstkst Posts: 696
    It’s not a PJ show but Firenze Rocks 2020 is officially cancelled.  Looks like they are not offering cash refunds, only vouchers or keep the ticket for next year.  I hope that is wrong.  Seems shady.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 747
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    edited May 19
    Ryan said:
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    I‘d definitely wait until 1-2 weeks before the date. Ryanair just cancelled my Italy flights for May 29th and June 14th on Friday. So the airlines are waiting as long as possible 
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • RyanRyan Posts: 747
    Ryan said:
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    Super weird, I checked my email after submitting this message and got notice of refund options about 10 minutes ago for the first of these flights.

    Travel credit with 20% top up, or straight up refund appear to be the options for Norwegian Airlines.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    Ryan said:
    Ryan said:
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    Super weird, I checked my email after submitting this message and got notice of refund options about 10 minutes ago for the first of these flights.

    Travel credit with 20% top up, or straight up refund appear to be the options for Norwegian Airlines.
    See, they needed a nudge 
  • mrk2mrk2 FinlandPosts: 1,722
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    Would've been cool. We had a similar flight in 2018 between Krakow and Berlin on Ryanair. Absolutely packed with PJ fans. The crew played some PJ song over the speakers once we landed and wished us all a good concert. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 493
    mrk2 said:

  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 493
    mrk2 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    Would've been cool. We had a similar flight in 2018 between Krakow and Berlin on Ryanair. Absolutely packed with PJ fans. The crew played some PJ song over the speakers once we landed and wished us all a good concert. 
    Prague to krakow was the same 
  • JW269453JW269453 Lubbock, TXPosts: 469
    mrk2 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    Would've been cool. We had a similar flight in 2018 between Krakow and Berlin on Ryanair. Absolutely packed with PJ fans. The crew played some PJ song over the speakers once we landed and wished us all a good concert. 
    I flew Ryanair once from Frankfurt to Volos, I was less than thrilled to find semi-fresh puke covering my tray table. It was also weird having the flight attendants trying to sell stuff the entire time. If I remember the flight cost 18 Euros...worth every penny!

  • kstkst Posts: 696
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ryan said:
    Ryan said:
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    Super weird, I checked my email after submitting this message and got notice of refund options about 10 minutes ago for the first of these flights.

    Travel credit with 20% top up, or straight up refund appear to be the options for Norwegian Airlines.
    See, they needed a nudge 
    The nudge got one of my flights within Europe cancelled as well.  One more to go.  Thanks!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    kst said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ryan said:
    Ryan said:
    I am in North America and haven’t been following what is/isn’t allowed without Europe for flights so I was hoping for some feedback.

    Return flights to/from Europe have already been cancelled.

    I have flights with Norwegian Air from Berlin to Stockholm and Stockholm to Copenhagen.  Are these likely to get cancelled or should I proactively contact them?  It looks like you get a flight credit if you initiate cancellation whereas if the flight is cancelled, they will offer a refund.  Don’t want to get stuck with a flight credit if at all possible.
    Super weird, I checked my email after submitting this message and got notice of refund options about 10 minutes ago for the first of these flights.

    Travel credit with 20% top up, or straight up refund appear to be the options for Norwegian Airlines.
    See, they needed a nudge 
    The nudge got one of my flights within Europe cancelled as well.  One more to go.  Thanks!
    Excellent 😎
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 493
    Are you guys getting emails to say they are cancelled i haven't heard anything about any of my flights yet?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 13,577
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    It’s not over yet. It’s still far away
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    Are you guys getting emails to say they are cancelled i haven't heard anything about any of my flights yet?
    Yes, emails. I haven’t gotten one for a tour flight either, just earlier ones
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 13,577
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    It’s not over yet. It’s still far away
    What's up with your flight to Italy with Ryan??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • kstkst Posts: 696
    Are you guys getting emails to say they are cancelled i haven't heard anything about any of my flights yet?
    The airlines are waiting as long as possible to cancel, to delay refunds and hope people cancel voluntarily for a credit first.  I suppose they may actually operate some of the flights, in which case, F, but as the credits would probably be useless to me, I’m just waiting it out to see what they cancel.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 493
    Not heard from airlines yet might be too soon 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    It’s not over yet. It’s still far away
    What's up with your flight to Italy with Ryan??
    That’s way earlier, May 29th and back on June 14th. And it was to Bergamo 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 493
    Spooky i just got a cancellation email although not for my first flight 
  • GP11767GP11767 Posts: 2
    It seems most people on here can adjust their schedules/flights etc to whatever happens in the future even if it is sometimes inconvenient. My situation is/was different. I was able to go to Europe this summer for 2 shows and this summer only. I won’t be able to go in 2021 unfortunately (and for those of you who are able to go and are holding on to your tickets there is no guarantee the shows will be in the same sequence as 2020’s so some of those shows you thought were adjacent to each other might not be this time) so all I want is a straight up $ refund for the shows I am missing. I don’t understand why those of us who do not need to see what the 2021 schedule will be have to wait for a refund of some money we could use right now that is just sitting there. I love the band and am not angrt or bitter but wish they would either refund or give a good explanation.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 13,577
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    It’s not over yet. It’s still far away
    What's up with your flight to Italy with Ryan??
    That’s way earlier, May 29th and back on June 14th. And it was to Bergamo 
    Remember that, what happened, it cancelled??
    Mine was was at 11th and cancelled..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 2,456
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Looks like my flights to Krakow (and back from Budapest) will be cancelled. Finnair released their July schedules (much less flights still than usual). Getting a full refund. 
    The Lot Airlines "Pearl Jam Express" between Krakow and Budapest still seems to be on.
    Had a chuckle at this.
    Sad that this wont happen in 2020 as was looking forward to this and would have been brilliant to be on that flight.

    Absolutely! I wonder how many of us were on that flight
    So i guess we all gonna loose our money from this flight??
    It’s not over yet. It’s still far away
    What's up with your flight to Italy with Ryan??
    That’s way earlier, May 29th and back on June 14th. And it was to Bergamo 
    Remember that, what happened, it cancelled??
    Mine was was at 11th and cancelled..
    Yes, Ryanair canceled it and offers refunds 👍🏻
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 7,198
    I have a feeling the Lot flight from Krakow to Budapest will not be cancelled since it was full and they are going to want to keep our money. I will be patient and see what July brings. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • kstkst Posts: 696
    Chili Peppers Pinkpop 2021 rescheduled date has been announced.  C’mon PJ, bring on the 2021 dates!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 13,577
    PJNB said:
    I have a feeling the Lot flight from Krakow to Budapest will not be cancelled since it was full and they are going to want to keep our money. I will be patient and see what July brings. 
    I think the flight it will be done with empty plaine..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • mrk2mrk2 FinlandPosts: 1,722
    edited May 21
    PJNB said:
    I have a feeling the Lot flight from Krakow to Budapest will not be cancelled since it was full and they are going to want to keep our money. I will be patient and see what July brings. 
    Lot is resuming their domestic flights gradually in June. No mention of international flights.
    https://www.lot.com/fi/en/resumption-of-flight-connections

    I have a feeling that their once-a-day connection to Budapest is not high on their priority list. Here's hoping it will be cancelled.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 108
    London to Budapest with Ryanair was cancelled yesterday. Just waiting for Vienna now.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 370
    Anyone had US flights to Krakow or Budapest canceled yet? I was on American Air so probably unlikely and just end up with a credit for next year.
  • radarradar Posts: 723
    mrk2 said:
    PJNB said:
    I have a feeling the Lot flight from Krakow to Budapest will not be cancelled since it was full and they are going to want to keep our money. I will be patient and see what July brings. 
    Lot is resuming their domestic flights gradually in June. No mention of international flights.
    https://www.lot.com/fi/en/resumption-of-flight-connections

    I have a feeling that their once-a-day connection to Budapest is not high on their priority list. Here's hoping it will be cancelled.
    There are some talks LOT will resume international flights with top priority destinations only. I would assume that krakow - Budapest is not such a destination. 
Sign In or Register to comment.