Options

Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:
    At least we know that Lollapalooza Paris and Stockholm have confirmed that Pearl Jam will be back next year. Bailing out of those might not be cheap.
    I'm not sure about that. If they fulfill their contracts in 2022 a festival wouldn't insist on 2021. Unless they want to never have them on their line up again.
    Ugh, in that case I hope I can still get my refund later
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    If true that would suck twofold. One for the length of time for the tour to finally happen and two due to credits seemingly only lasting till 2021. 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,161
    Would they not be better waiting a few more months to decide when things might be clearer?
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:
    At least we know that Lollapalooza Paris and Stockholm have confirmed that Pearl Jam will be back next year. Bailing out of those might not be cheap.
    I'm not sure about that. If they fulfill their contracts in 2022 a festival wouldn't insist on 2021. Unless they want to never have them on their line up again.
    I don't think it's that easy to postpone (again). They are already on the Lolla websites as an act for 2021 - so basically tickets are kept/sold on this basis. The discussion / comments in the forum that mentioned PJ for 2022 specifically were about "PJ EU arena tour" which I read as "indoor venues". Also the follow up discussion evolved around indoor venues. I could see them doing festivals + probably Waldbüne and returning 2022 for indoor venues. But that's all (my own) speculation at this point and until otherwise confirmed I'm looking forward for a full 2021 run...

For reference - Link to the thread in question: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233827-rock-werchter-2021/page/9/#comments (the guy named Ken19 is usually a person who is very well informed and probably close to Rock Werchter Organisation)
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:
    I don't think it's that easy to postpone (again). They are already on the Lolla websites as an act for 2021 - so basically tickets are kept/sold on this basis. The discussion / comments in the forum that mentioned PJ for 2022 specifically were about "PJ EU arena tour" which I read as "indoor venues". Also the follow up discussion evolved around indoor venues. I could see them doing festivals + probably Waldbüne and returning 2022 for indoor venues. But that's all (my own) speculation at this point and until otherwise confirmed I'm looking forward for a full 2021 run...

For reference - Link to the thread in question: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233827-rock-werchter-2021/page/9/#comments (the guy named Ken19 is usually a person who is very well informed and probably close to Rock Werchter Organisation)
    You might be right. Fingers crossed. Either way, as I said before, an update would be much appreciated. Even a confirmation, that they still want to wait a few months would be better than silence.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:

Why would they do a few different weekend shows and not fill the weekday up with arena shows? Makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Sounds like playing indoor arenas is not really on some bands’ interests anymore
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,216
    Some health experts are saying the virus spreads more easily in indoor environments.  That would be the reason to expect outdoor shows to return first.  However, if the theory is no shows at all before a vaccine, then it wouldn’t matter indoor vs outdoor anyway.

Whatever the case may be, any show delayed beyond 12 months should really offer a refund option.  At a certain point it’s not the 2020 postponed tour any more.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    PJNB said:
    one_stone said:
    JackD. said:
    mrk2 said:

Why would they do a few different weekend shows and not fill the weekday up with arena shows? Makes no sense to me.
    I would have guessed a short run of 6 - 8 shows over probably two / three weekends with 1 or 2 festivals each weekend to fullfill the already committed festivals and something outside like Imola and Waldbühne (with second night?) on the weekdays between.
    But you are right .. from a business and efficiency perspective it makes no sense. ... but what makes sense nowadays? 
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,076
    Why would they push back to 2022 when every other major band in the world has rescheduled to next year. Makes no sense at all. Especially when you consider no one knows how bad the virus will be next year, even if it is here at all (if vaccine found or it disappears naturally)
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Do you really see a difference whether this takes place indoors or open air? You're packed tightly in both standing places or in the moshpit? There may be differences in the seats.

• Options
    Hi, I've read through quite a way and can't see anything about ticketing policy for this. 

A friend has just received a refund for her tickets (non 10 club and I believe it was a London show) but I've not heard anything at all. 

Have there been any communications about refunds or transfers that I've missed?

Sorry. 
  • Options
    Hi, I've read through quite a way and can't see anything about ticketing policy for this. 

A friend has just received a refund for her tickets (non 10 club and I believe it was a London show) but I've not heard anything at all. 

Sorry. 
    London and the festivals were the only shows offering a refund. Other than that we only know that tickets remain valid and info concerning refunds is coming later
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 924
    Is there a possibility all the shows will be outdoors 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

Sorry. 
    London and the festivals were the only shows offering a refund. Other than that we only know that tickets remain valid and info concerning refunds is coming later

You're an amazing hero. 

Thank you. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

Sorry. 

You're an amazing hero. 

Thank you. 
    You’re welcome ;)
  • Options
    retro said:
    Do you really see a difference whether this takes place indoors or open air? You're packed tightly in both standing places or in the moshpit? There may be differences in the seats.

I don’t know, but there are reports about it.  As an example, I believe the state of New Jersey USA has just raised their indoor venue limit to 50 and their outdoor to 100.  Obviously neither of those numbers is anywhere close to concert level but it does suggest outdoor is a little safer.  Anyway I don’t think it matters.  When the vaccine comes, it comes, and until then, we wait.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    kst said:
    Ryanair is stooping to new lows.  It cancelled my flight a few weeks ago.  Fine.  Refund option presented, form filled out.  Great.  Now, they email with an option to accept a voucher, or request a refund.  And they say refunds will be made over the next few months.  Whenever they get around to it.  Maybe.  Why does a refund have to be requested again? I already requested it.  Is there a regulatory body with oversight of this gamesmanship? 
    u cant request again..if u go to fill the form nd hit sent will get a message that u already had one..
    as it seems they did it so some people change and accept the voucher 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Think I'll wait till all my flights are cancelled rather than trying to deal with them for each one
  • Options
    kst said:
    Ryanair is stooping to new lows.  It cancelled my flight a few weeks ago.  Fine.  Refund option presented, form filled out.  Great.  Now, they email with an option to accept a voucher, or request a refund.  And they say refunds will be made over the next few months.  Whenever they get around to it.  Maybe.  Why does a refund have to be requested again? I already requested it.  Is there a regulatory body with oversight of this gamesmanship? 
    u cant request again..if u go to fill the form nd hit sent will get a message that u already had one..
    as it seems they did it so some people change and accept the voucher 
    Good to know, thanks.

• Options
    eloviateeloviate Posts: 58
    (Whether or not the Euro tour carries over to whenever) Jeff's on-point with the support invitation - IDLES carry appropriate anger that looks like early PJ and is so needed (for many of us) right now.

IDLES are about love and unity and acceptance and an intolerance for fuckwittery. 

'Mr Motivator' works well as a starting point! Reference points from either side of the pond...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    we can all only cross our fingers and hope we are back on track next year, Waiting two more years to see gigaton played live would be a massive blow. As the band members get older, every year and every tour is a thing to cherish. 
  • Options
    Our PJ Express flight has just been cancelled 
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 242
    Looks likes the Pearl Jam LOT flight to Budapest has been cancelled - I just got my email!
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Yes just got mine
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited June 2020
    Same here. Luckily didnt lose any money due to flights or hotels

looks like LOT is cancelling flights up to July 14th. That worked out nicely for us
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    edited June 2020
    mrk2 said:

looks like LOT is cancelling flights up to July 14th. That worked out nicely for us
    Not 100% true. They cancelled international flight from other airports than Warsaw. Up to July 14 international flights are operated from Warsaw only. So probably if anyone desperately needs to fly to Budapest from Krakow it should be possible to change the flight in Warsaw 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrk2 said:

Yes, lucky to get the money back... but it has a bitter taste to it... was looking forward so much to that flight... Prague - Krakow and Krakow - Berlin 2018 were so fun :)
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    mrk2 said:

Yes, lucky to get the money back... but it has a bitter taste to it... was looking forward so much to that flight... Prague - Krakow and Krakow - Berlin 2018 were so fun :)
    Yes was looking forward to doing it all again 
  • Options
    radar said:
    mrk2 said:

Not 100% true. They cancelled international flight from other airports than Warsaw. Up to July 14 international flights are operated from Warsaw only. So probably if anyone desperately needs to fly to Budapest from Krakow it should be possible to change the flight in Warsaw 
    Luckily I also got my Hamburg-Warsaw and Warsaw-Krakow flight cancelled 
This discussion has been closed.