Options

Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    edited May 2020
    Flight discussions aside - Do you think we will get an update on those tour dates before it was supposed to start? 

Would help with travel arrangements as you could change instead of cancel.

Also, a lot of bands are announcing summer tours for 2021 right now and I face scheduling conflicts. PJ would be first priority though.

So what‘s taking so long? June / July has been announced and two festival dates are already confirmed. Would have guessed the rest of the tour would be close to confirmation as well.

Do you think they consider to cancel after all?
    Post edited by JackD. on
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JackD. said:
    Flight discussions aside - Do you think we will get an update on those tour dates before it was supposed to start? 

Also, a lot of bands are announcing summer tours for 2021 right now and I face scheduling conflicts. PJ would be first priority though.

So what‘s taking so long? June / July has been announced and two festival dates are already confirmed. Would have guessed the rest of the tour would be close to confirmation as well.

Hopefully not cancel but certainly waiting on progress concerning the pandemic. Looking now I don’t see concerts happening in a year. Then again I’m hoping I‘m very wrong!!
    If they have to postpone again I sure hope that those who want to can still keep their tickets 
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    JPPJ84 said:
    JackD. said:

Hopefully not cancel but certainly waiting on progress concerning the pandemic. Looking now I don’t see concerts happening in a year. Then again I’m hoping I‘m very wrong!!
    If they have to postpone again I sure hope that those who want to can still keep their tickets 

My guess would be that they (have to) wait until all the Festival Announcements are ready. They can't hold back longer than that if they have commitments with the festivals. My current Feeling for next year is pretty good ... "Normal" Life is coming back pretty quick here in Austria - but of course that can quickly change again and I would have been totally wrong if you asked me in February about this Summer...

• Options
    one_stone said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JackD. said:

My guess would be that they (have to) wait until all the Festival Announcements are ready. They can't hold back longer than that if they have commitments with the festivals. My current Feeling for next year is pretty good ... "Normal" Life is coming back pretty quick here in Austria - but of course that can quickly change again and I would have been totally wrong if you asked me in February about this Summer...

Yes, the upcoming summer holidays could be important with people traveling again. We’ll see how that goes
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,181
    I don’t have any predictions or knowledge, but I would appreciate if they announce dates no later than 12 months in advance, to maximize everyone’s chances of booking the best accommodations when bookings open up.  If things next year can’t proceed, revisit it again then.  That would be really depressing.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 125
    I heard Jeff Ament in a podcast say something like he doubts you can put more than 10 people in the same room even by the end of this year, so I guess they still will wait to see how all this thing goes. In many countries concerts won't be allowed until there's a vaccine, or that's what I think
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 768
    Faith No More rescheduled Euro tour from June 2020 to June 2021. Most dates were announced on Monday and the tour was initially to start early June 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    radar said:
    Faith No More rescheduled Euro tour from June 2020 to June 2021. Most dates were announced on Monday and the tour was initially to start early June 
    While it is over a year away I would love to have some dates and do some planning again for Pearl Jam. Can't believe we are under a month away from this tour that is postponed. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    radar said:
    Exactly the reason I‘m impatient. There might be clashes with the rescheduled PJ dates. So I can‘t make plans for their tour.
  • Options
    claviousclavious Northern Germany Posts: 54
    JackD. said:
    radar said:
    Exactly the reason I‘m impatient. There might be clashes with the rescheduled PJ dates. So I can‘t make plans for their tour.

Same here. I would love to see both bands.
    Maybe Social Distortion as well... 
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 276
    My FNM tickets are now valid for June 11 2021. It's an upgrade in a way cos it's gone from being a Monday night to a Friday night. But I also had tickets for Euro 2020 which is presumably going to be rescheduled on or around that date in June 2021, plus PJ as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of them clash...
  • Options
    My FNM tickets are now valid for June 11 2021. It's an upgrade in a way cos it's gone from being a Monday night to a Friday night. But I also had tickets for Euro 2020 which is presumably going to be rescheduled on or around that date in June 2021, plus PJ as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of them clash...
    Ah, but if all these events are happening next June, that will be a joyous month whether events clash or not.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 276
    That is so true.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    Message from Mojo about the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome concerts:

'Dear visitor,
    You are receiving this email because this email address was used to purchase tickets for  ( one of ) the Pearl Jam concerts that would take place on Wednesday July 22th and Thursday July 23th in Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam.
    Due to government measures taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus as much as possible, the Pearl Jam concert cannot take place on the annoinced date. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience. We are looking for a new date. We expected to confirm this with you at this point, but we need a little bit more time. As soon as we have news regarding a replacementdate, ticket buyers will be informed as soon as possible. Purchased tickets remain valid for the new date.
    We ask for your understanding and patience in this exceptional situation'.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Robbert said:
    Message from Mojo about the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome concerts:

'Dear visitor,
    You are receiving this email because this email address was used to purchase tickets for  ( one of ) the Pearl Jam concerts that would take place on Wednesday July 22th and Thursday July 23th in Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam.
    Due to government measures taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus as much as possible, the Pearl Jam concert cannot take place on the annoinced date. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience. We are looking for a new date. We expected to confirm this with you at this point, but we need a little bit more time. As soon as we have news regarding a replacementdate, ticket buyers will be informed as soon as possible. Purchased tickets remain valid for the new date.
    We ask for your understanding and patience in this exceptional situation'.
    Interesting and I wonder what the hold up is? I am also curious to see if Amsterdam starts the tour now that they can maybe have the time at the front of the tour to practice at the venue. 

Fingers crossed Krakow, Budapest, Zurich stays in a row. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    It would be great if they add a few extra cities.  The delay might be getting venues. The same ones as were booked

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    eboweddie said:
    It would be great if they add a few extra cities.  The delay might be getting venues. The same ones as were booked
    Anywhere in Finland would be nice.
  • Options
    JABK said:
    eboweddie said:
    Anywhere on Earth would be nice.

• Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    kst said:
    JABK said:
    eboweddie said:
    Anywhere on Earth would be nice.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Provinssirock Festival in Finland are trying to book PJ. Then they could play Provinssirock on July 1st and Stockholm July 3rd...and Copenhagen before Finland or after Sweden. Just speculaton and whishful thinking from me...
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,945
    I wouldnt be surprise if the new dates are only announced in December the earliest

• Options
    just_one said:
    I wouldnt be surprise if the new dates are only announced in December the earliest

Me neither. At least then they‘d have an idea if shows are realistic or not 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    just_one said:

Me neither. At least then they‘d have an idea if shows are realistic or not 
    exactly.

They may book the whole tour by september/october but only announce it officially by december.

that being said i hope they add either madrid or lisbon to the tour but i know its almost impossible. the only change might be the london date , it changes from a festival to a non-festival date.

• Options
    retroretro Posts: 115
    edited June 2020
    Really? If you book in October most of the concert halls are probably fully booked and that won't work with the tour in the same cities. If they haven't already done so, I'm not sure that the 2021 tour will go ahead as planned. Many bands are on the road in 2021 and the venues are already booked, as well as the trucks, hotels etc. 

So I won't wait any longer and cancel hotels and trains as far as possible. 

Or is there already a bit of rumours, @dimitrispearljam ?
    Post edited by retro on
  • Options
    Well they may have booked the venues already for all we know. Doesn’t mean they’re already announcing the tour
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Well they may have booked the venues already for all we know. Doesn’t mean they’re already announcing the tour
    exactly.

The venues only announce the shows when they are given permission by the promoter. big bands like PJ usually plan their tours months before (i know for a fact that the last show in portugal in 2018 was in july and negociacions started around august of the year before it was announced in december)
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    I have to say a bit of communication around this would be nice. Even if to say new dates will not be announced this summer. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    I have to say a bit of communication around this would be nice. Even if to say new dates will not be announced this summer. 
    This. Even if they plan to announce later this year, there is no justification in holding the money hostage of people who rather want a refund instead. We are talking millions in ticket value. I‘d say a little bit of insight of what‘s going on at PJ HQ is what we deserve.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    lastest rumor here in portugal :

Everything is New (the promoter behind NOS Alive) is trying to bring PJ to Portugal next year
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I’m wondering why I haven’t been given the option to receive a refund on Euro shows. Still waiting.....
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 270
    just_one said:
    lastest rumor here in portugal :

Everything is New (the promoter behind NOS Alive) is trying to bring PJ to Portugal next year

Hope for you Portugal ! even if it is a festival it would be better than nothing.

I think PJ is annoyed with the announcement of the new dates because there is this story with BST, the unpacking of the lolla in Sweden, and how to fit the American dates postponed ... With Lolla in Sweden and Werchter they are also bothered for find a new date with the Italian concert I think (same weekend initially)
    and then the football EURO is also a headache!
    but to facilitate the fans it would be good to give us the new dates before the end of June (postponed, canceled or reimbursed flight and hotel for example)

freddie vedder
This discussion has been closed.