Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Biden
    Tons of good polling coming in for Biden this week. This info, especially, makes me feel good. Your Juggler's home state has three today all showing Biden up double digits. Registered and Likely voters as well. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/pennsylvania/

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    Biden is destroying tRump right now....sounds good
    I'm pretty shocked to be honest.  Trump had a "gift".  Despite all his bad things, if he had "dominated" the virus, I think he would have had a great chance at re-election.  It was also the perfect opportunity for a power grab.  Good thing he is an idiot and didn't grab more power, but too bad he is an idiot and people will die because he does nothing beneficial and actually causes harm by making his idiot followers think wearing a mask is political.

If his plan works, reducing testing makes Covid go away, we can end abortion by just not testing women that don't want to be pregnant.  It's a miracle!

Yeah.  He had an opportunity to unite people around this. Like W with 9/11.  Sure. it's a bit easier to bring patriotism/nationalism in that case than against COVID, but he could have (in theory, anyway) said things like "we're all in this together; regardless of your thoughts on other political issues."  The problem is that 1) His appeal to his followers relies on demonizing domestic "enemies" and 2) he couldn't fake his way through being comforting and empathetic on his best day (which was probably in 1985).  W came in having won a questionable election and people were, as a whole, skeptical. Then 9/11 happened and he was in the mid-80s for months and maybe over 60% for over a year.  And he exploited it.  Trump could have done nearly the same thing.  Maybe not that high, but he could have used this to be over 50%, solidly.  Those who badmouthed W were decried as unpatriotic.  That might not have been as likely with Trump, since this isn't an attack on our country, but he still could have totally grabbed the middle (and imagine the way's he could have exploited a 60% approval rating). But he's not a leader.  He's not a uniter.  He's a divider.
    Pretty much.

And he's incredibly stupid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm pretty shocked to be honest.  Trump had a "gift".  Despite all his bad things, if he had "dominated" the virus, I think he would have had a great chance at re-election.  It was also the perfect opportunity for a power grab.  Good thing he is an idiot and didn't grab more power, but too bad he is an idiot and people will die because he does nothing beneficial and actually causes harm by making his idiot followers think wearing a mask is political.

If his plan works, reducing testing makes Covid go away, we can end abortion by just not testing women that don't want to be pregnant.  It's a miracle!

Yeah.  He had an opportunity to unite people around this. Like W with 9/11.  Sure. it's a bit easier to bring patriotism/nationalism in that case than against COVID, but he could have (in theory, anyway) said things like "we're all in this together; regardless of your thoughts on other political issues."  The problem is that 1) His appeal to his followers relies on demonizing domestic "enemies" and 2) he couldn't fake his way through being comforting and empathetic on his best day (which was probably in 1985).  W came in having won a questionable election and people were, as a whole, skeptical. Then 9/11 happened and he was in the mid-80s for months and maybe over 60% for over a year.  And he exploited it.  Trump could have done nearly the same thing.  Maybe not that high, but he could have used this to be over 50%, solidly.  Those who badmouthed W were decried as unpatriotic.  That might not have been as likely with Trump, since this isn't an attack on our country, but he still could have totally grabbed the middle (and imagine the way's he could have exploited a 60% approval rating). But he's not a leader.  He's not a uniter.  He's a divider.
    He was handed an election gift, and he fumbled the handoff.  You are absolutely correct. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He was handed an election gift, and he fumbled the handoff.  You are absolutely correct. 
    All you have to do is look at the approval ratings for governors, in this divided country, to know what kind of opportunity this fucking idiot blew.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

All you have to do is look at the approval ratings for governors, in this divided country, to know what kind of opportunity this fucking idiot blew.
    Exactly. I’m still surprised he isn’t even smart enough to realize that and screw us fir 4 more years because of 1 thing 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Exactly. I’m still surprised he isn’t even smart enough to realize that and screw us fir 4 more years because of 1 thing 
    that would require him following someone elses direction/plan.

he seems incapable...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    The weird thing is his numbers always go up when he behaves in a more normal fashion (for him). He's just so fucking dumb and has zero self control that it lasts for only a few days or a couple of weeks and then he binges on a bunch of racist and ignorant nonsense and his numbers fall back down. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I remember following that specific predictor in 2016 but I read it the other way. Hillary was getting a 75% chance of winning from 538 for most of October but when the Comey letter came out she fell to almost 60% and I got real worried. Then 2 days before election Comey says no investigation and Hillary went back up to around the 70% in your link

If you scroll down 538 has the tipping point states which is where the polling went wrong. The National polls were almost perfect. Some states do not poll that often and state polling is notorious for being difficult to get right. The 3 key states (PA MI WI) all had Clinton up by about 4% and they all missed about 77,000 votes total as Juggler pointed out. Some states did not poll too often that year.

Some key differences in 2020-
    Now trump has a record to defend and the recent surge in covid cases combined with his terrible pandemic performance before that will hurt him. A surging virus in the summer while other countries and blue northeast states turned this around will be a shinning example to moderate voters that trump haters are spot on when they say he is unqualified. A rising death toll will continue to hurt trump.

Also Hillary never had leads like Biden does now. Hillary never did as well with seniors over 65, and covid makes it less likely they will go back to trump this year. 

Many polls have Biden up over 10 and Biden has better state level polling than Clinton. There were actually some 2016 polls that had trump consistently leading but this year IIRC Biden has led in every single poll taken. That is unprecedented for a sitting president to be so far behind in polling. I agree minds could change and trump has a chance , but it does seem like trump is trouble, unless he can pull off another scandal tarnishing his opponent. Or the process.

interesting 538 analysis addressing this topic
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-bidens-polling-lead-is-different-from-clintons-in-2016/
    What troubles me about the 2016 analysis is the states. Silver gives Trump that "almost 30%" chance to win, but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a path to 270 given his numbers in many of those individual states. And Silver had Clinton at 77% in PA, 79% in MI, and 83% in WI. 

I don't disagree that Biden is not Clinton and that 2020 is not 2016. I am just very skeptical of polling and poll analysis in general. 
    But again...the major killshot in 2016 was Comey's email letter.  The polls didn't have time to adjust.
    Maybe. That was certainly a factor, but I have a hard time believing Comey alone explains Silver's map versus what we saw on election night. 
    except for those three states Silver was right....wasn't he?
    He also had North Carolina and Florida leaning towards Clinton. Easier to believe Comey tipped those two states than it is MI, WI, or PA. 

This might explain 2016 more than anything else. This was the other day in Louisville. They had every polling place closed except one, which caused long lines. Then they locked the door at 6pm. Thankfully a judge intervened.

This was easy to fight. It was one state in a primary. The media had no trouble putting a spotlight on it. This stuff is much tougher to find in a presidential election with everyone voting. And we should include all the dirty tricks: voting ID where military cards work but U of WI did not. “Cleansing” the voting rolls in the inner cities. And on and on.

lets not forget why certain states the polling was off 5%.

• Options
    Biden
    Trump makes a big deal about a Biden slip of the tongue the same day Trump basically admits he has no idea why he wants to be re elected. This is part of the reason they’re negative attacks have been unsuccessful:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-seemingly-tells-sean-hannity-that-biden-will-win-saying-hes-going-to-be-your-president

Maybe I am just a negative person with this stuff but I feel like we are being played again when November results come in. These comments and reports of landslide wins for Biden have me wondering about complacency with voting and voter suppression causing people to shrug and think that it won't matter since Biden will win anyways and not show up. Obviously it is better to be in Biden's position than not right now but with the way the electoral vote works nothing matters imo until the results are in. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Biden
    This is good. And stuff like "Trump doesn't want more testing because he doesn't want the high numbers to make him look bad" is spot-on, and people know it, and that's why Biden's killing him in the polls....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FuJi86ouAc
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    How anyone can claim that biden is in cognitive decline after watching that is a fucking moron. 

I'M LOOKING AT YOU JOE ROGAN
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    How anyone can claim that biden is in cognitive decline after watching that is a fucking moron. 

I'M LOOKING AT YOU JOE ROGAN
    exactly...everyone makes mistakes but some are clearly worse than others.  If someone were to point out Biden's "error" he would immediately correct himself.  Trump either pushes forward with the error or has his staff change the world to make his error somewhat factual.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Name 2 of you favorite Joe Biden accomplishments.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I remember following that specific predictor in 2016 but I read it the other way. Hillary was getting a 75% chance of winning from 538 for most of October but when the Comey letter came out she fell to almost 60% and I got real worried. Then 2 days before election Comey says no investigation and Hillary went back up to around the 70% in your link

If you scroll down 538 has the tipping point states which is where the polling went wrong. The National polls were almost perfect. Some states do not poll that often and state polling is notorious for being difficult to get right. The 3 key states (PA MI WI) all had Clinton up by about 4% and they all missed about 77,000 votes total as Juggler pointed out. Some states did not poll too often that year.

Some key differences in 2020-
    Now trump has a record to defend and the recent surge in covid cases combined with his terrible pandemic performance before that will hurt him. A surging virus in the summer while other countries and blue northeast states turned this around will be a shinning example to moderate voters that trump haters are spot on when they say he is unqualified. A rising death toll will continue to hurt trump.

Also Hillary never had leads like Biden does now. Hillary never did as well with seniors over 65, and covid makes it less likely they will go back to trump this year. 

Many polls have Biden up over 10 and Biden has better state level polling than Clinton. There were actually some 2016 polls that had trump consistently leading but this year IIRC Biden has led in every single poll taken. That is unprecedented for a sitting president to be so far behind in polling. I agree minds could change and trump has a chance , but it does seem like trump is trouble, unless he can pull off another scandal tarnishing his opponent. Or the process.

interesting 538 analysis addressing this topic
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-bidens-polling-lead-is-different-from-clintons-in-2016/
    What troubles me about the 2016 analysis is the states. Silver gives Trump that "almost 30%" chance to win, but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a path to 270 given his numbers in many of those individual states. And Silver had Clinton at 77% in PA, 79% in MI, and 83% in WI. 

I don't disagree that Biden is not Clinton and that 2020 is not 2016. I am just very skeptical of polling and poll analysis in general. 
    But again...the major killshot in 2016 was Comey's email letter.  The polls didn't have time to adjust.
    Maybe. That was certainly a factor, but I have a hard time believing Comey alone explains Silver's map versus what we saw on election night. 
    except for those three states Silver was right....wasn't he?
    He also had North Carolina and Florida leaning towards Clinton. Easier to believe Comey tipped those two states than it is MI, WI, or PA. 

This might explain 2016 more than anything else. This was the other day in Louisville. They had every polling place closed except one, which caused long lines. Then they locked the door at 6pm. Thankfully a judge intervened.

This was easy to fight. It was one state in a primary. The media had no trouble putting a spotlight on it. This stuff is much tougher to find in a presidential election with everyone voting. And we should include all the dirty tricks: voting ID where military cards work but U of WI did not. “Cleansing” the voting rolls in the inner cities. And on and on.

lets not forget why certain states the polling was off 5%.

Which is even more reason to be skeptical of polls today. If they are based on a happy fantasy that all respondents will breeze safely and healthily into properly equipped polling stations where they will encounter no obstacles, they are not based on reality.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    RYME said:
    -1994 Crime Bill
    -Overseeing the economic recovery following the 2008 recession

Name two of your favorite Donald Trump accomplishments.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    RYME said:
    1. Being part of a scandal free admin for Obama's first term
    2. Being part of a scandal free admin for Obama's second term
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Biden
    RYME said:

RYME said:

This response is GOLD. :clap:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    RYME said:
    He pushed through Obamacare in the Senate.  He pushed through Dodd-Frank in the Senate.  

Remember, every president needs a VP, chief of staff, someone that has relationships on the Hill to push through their agenda.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    RYME said:
    The Violence Against Women Act and Shepparding the ACA through the senate and getting it passed.

Actually having and expressing empathy and sympathy.

Maintaining and having a soul. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    Hahaha.....Trump administration announces they are trying to get rid of Obamacare again. They announce this on a day where a new poll shows close to 60% support the program and we're in the middle of a global pandemic.

It's almost as if Trump doesn't want to win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'm sitting this one out
    Semi-regular reminder that "accomplishments" is always a troll-ish argument that shouldn't be dignified with a response. In this case, if you need Joe Biden's record go read Wikipedia before engaging others in a political discussion.

I would vote for someone with no legislative record and good ideas over someone who shepherded a bunch of bad legislation.
  • Options
    Biden
    Hahaha.....Trump administration announces they are trying to get rid of Obamacare again. They announce this on a day where a new poll shows close to 60% support the program and we're in the middle of a global pandemic.

That's what I was thinking.  But it really goes to the point that he has no political instinct other than to hide in his base.  They aren't even trying to expand their coalition anymore.  It's going to be about turnout for him.  
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Semi-regular reminder that "accomplishments" is always a troll-ish argument that shouldn't be dignified with a response. In this case, if you need Joe Biden's record go read Wikipedia before engaging others in a political discussion.

I would vote for someone with no legislative record and good ideas over someone who shepherded a bunch of bad legislation.
    You're right of course.  But at the same time, it's hard to resist.  So this is the third 'person' that has asked me this question just this morning.  I was thinking it was odd, until I read that during a Hannity/Cuban interview yesterday, Hannity was making the 'no accomplishments' case.  So there you go. Sean is the thought leader. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

That's what I was thinking.  But it really goes to the point that he has no political instinct other than to hide in his base.  They aren't even trying to expand their coalition anymore.  It's going to be about turnout for him.  
    Saw an interview with James Carville last night and he was saying he thinks the odds are greater that Trump resigns than losing the election. I sincerely doubt that will happen and I couldn't quite tell if he was being totally serious or not but it got me thinking...

Would you rather Trump resign in disgrace in which he'll likely make up an excuse....or would you rather him lose bigly to Biden?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Saw an interview with James Carville last night and he was saying he thinks the odds are greater that Trump resigns than losing the election. I sincerely doubt that will happen and I couldn't quite tell if he was being totally serious or not but it got me thinking...

Would you rather Trump resign in disgrace in which he'll likely make up an excuse....or would you rather him lose bigly to Biden?
    Lose... but I'm a risk manager so I would be thrilled for him to resign and not risk an election disaster.  Bird in the hand...
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

You're in the right ballpark, but I think he said that he thinks Trump may not run for re-election, not resign. And I guess I can see that: Trump saying that he got screwed by Covoid and it's not fair and so he's just going to finish out his term and go grab pussies. I can see that. No way he'll resign. He'd spend his lame duck months just trying to ruin whatever there is left to ruin. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

You're in the right ballpark, but I think he said that he thinks Trump may not run for re-election, not resign. And I guess I can see that: Trump saying that he got screwed by Covoid and it's not fair and so he's just going to finish out his term and go grab pussies. I can see that. No way he'll resign. He'd spend his lame duck months just trying to ruin whatever there is left to ruin. 
    Oh okay. Yeah I could see that. 

Fuck I wish this election was 4 days from now and not 4 months!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I'll take either. I want him going out disgracefully in some way...and by disgracefully, I mean not by dying or by running out his second term.  Obviously, he cannot be removed through impeachment or the 25th, so that leaves resigning or losing the re-election.  If I had the choice for him to resign right now or not, I'd say "yes" because I still think he's going to win.  And has anyone besides Nixon resigned?  He'd be in a very small club.

The more I think about it, the more I have a preference to resigning.  Nixon is remembered as disgraceful.  George Bush the First is just a guy that lost his reelection because he couldn't compete with Clinton's personality. I think a Trump resignation would be a bigger long-term stain on this time than a Trump loss, even a big loss.
    But that's why I don't want him dying; because then he'd almost be a martyr (imagine the right-wing chorus of "they killed him by being so mean to him").  I want him dragged out or crawling out with his tail between his legs.  It's important that he not be president, but it's almost as important that as time passes, his being president is remembered with shame and embarrassment and that "Trump" is spoken the way "Nixon" is.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    I think Bush 41 lost more so because of the recession (that started to end before left office, by the way), "read my lips,"  and Ross Perot getting almost 20% of the vote. Clinton's personality definitely made a difference, though--especially in the debates. But 30 years later, I think most agree, history looks back on his presidency much more kindly than it did back then. I happen to think he was a great president. 

I kind of want Trump to lose in a landslide of historic proportions as opposed to resigning. Him losing worse than any other incumbent would be pretty satisfying with how hard he worked to further divide us all. It would be ironic that the country rose up together to kick his fat ass to the curb.

chinese-happy.jpg