Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    For the people that don’t understand defund the police, or think it portrays a negative message, or for people that are just literal as hell, Ben and Jerry’s explaining it in an easy way 
    https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/1273979072713052161?s=21
    Instead of digging in on the slogan, why not amend it? When conservatives talk about defunding Planned Parenthood or NPR they mean exactly that - pull all public funding.
    Well the call to defund planned parenthood hood has certainly helped galvanize the R base, seems like a good political move to galvanize the “left” party 
    The difference is that "defund the police" polls poorly with the left
    It polls great with the left, just not with the center right 80’s Republicans posing as progressive Democrats.  We literally have a center right party and a fascist far right party right now.   Regardless I’m still voting for Biden but let’s call it what it is.
    You've worked your way down to too small of a pool though. I can tell you about all sorts of stuff that polls great with self-identified libertarians. To advance any of it, quite a few more hands are necessary. 
    Agreed , but let’s not pretend that capital D Democrat’s are the left.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    For the people that don’t understand defund the police, or think it portrays a negative message, or for people that are just literal as hell, Ben and Jerry’s explaining it in an easy way 
    https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/1273979072713052161?s=21
    Instead of digging in on the slogan, why not amend it? When conservatives talk about defunding Planned Parenthood or NPR they mean exactly that - pull all public funding.
    Well the call to defund planned parenthood hood has certainly helped galvanize the R base, seems like a good political move to galvanize the “left” party 
    The difference is that "defund the police" polls poorly with the left
    It polls great with the left, just not with the center right 80’s Republicans posing as progressive Democrats.  We literally have a center right party and a fascist far right party right now.   Regardless I’m still voting for Biden but let’s call it what it is.
    You've worked your way down to too small of a pool though. I can tell you about all sorts of stuff that polls great with self-identified libertarians. To advance any of it, quite a few more hands are necessary. 
    Agreed , but let’s not pretend that capital D Democrat’s are the left.
    Fair enough. I should have said Democrats.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Sure would have been nice to hear this stuff and everything else he's yapping about under oath

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    Not surprisingly, like calling it defunding police, these far left folks have gone too far with the monuments and are shooting themselves in their collective foot again. 

Morons. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    Not surprisingly, like calling it defunding police, these far left folks have gone too far with the monuments and are shooting themselves in their collective foot again. 

Morons. 
    Totally. Confederate monuments? Eh, that's fine. They shouldn't have been put up to begin with (even Robert E. Lee said that). Columbus? There's been a "woke" movement for a few years to change Columbus Day to "Indigenous Peoples Day" so it's not surprising. But George Washington and Ulysses Grant? GRANT??? Who FOUGHT against slavery more than he did? Oh but apparently he inherited a slave when he was young (that he freed no long after if what I read is correct), so he's no good either.

At this rate...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Biden

Morons. 
    Totally. Confederate monuments? Eh, that's fine. They shouldn't have been put up to begin with (even Robert E. Lee said that). Columbus? There's been a "woke" movement for a few years to change Columbus Day to "Indigenous Peoples Day" so it's not surprising. But George Washington and Ulysses Grant? GRANT??? Who FOUGHT against slavery more than he did? Oh but apparently he inherited a slave when he was young (that he freed no long after if what I read is correct), so he's no good either.

At this rate...

It's like these people are saying "Okay what else can we do to make it easier to re-elect Trump?!?!!?"

And before people chime in, yes I am aware that Biden is most likely not for the removal of these kinds of statues but it doesn't matter a whole lot because Republicans are better at message and the one thing Trump is good at is being able to characterize his opponent however he likes (though he's clearly having much more difficulty doing that now compared to four years ago).

Come on you fucking morons. Save this shit for December or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden

Morons. 

At this rate...

It's like these people are saying "Okay what else can we do to make it easier to re-elect Trump?!?!!?"

And before people chime in, yes I am aware that Biden is most likely not for the removal of these kinds of statues but it doesn't matter a whole lot because Republicans are better at message and the one thing Trump is good at is being able to characterize his opponent however he likes (though he's clearly having much more difficulty doing that now compared to four years ago).

I wish Biden would come out and say something. You said he's mostly likely not for it, which I think is true, but it'd be nice for him to come out and confirm it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    Biden

Morons. 

At this rate...

I wish Biden would come out and say something. You said he's mostly likely not for it, which I think is true, but it'd be nice for him to come out and confirm it. 
    That's tough.  He doesn't want to split the base right now when Trump is on the defensive and Biden has all of the momentum.  I think, unless no other option, I'd sit back and let it run its course for the moment.  Address it after temperatures cool. I know that's cynically political.  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Morons. 

At this rate...

That's tough.  He doesn't want to split the base right now when Trump is on the defensive and Biden has all of the momentum.  I think, unless no other option, I'd sit back and let it run its course for the moment.  Address it after temperatures cool. I know that's cynically political.  
    Hey...that's what wins. 

This whole situation may lead to a landslide victory for Biden. Of course liberals hate Trump. Most independents that went for him over Hillary might be seeing the light. But now, it seems like Republicans are down on him for how he's not doing anything about any of the riots, statue defacing, etc. Even Tucker Carlson ranted last week, and I'm paraphrasing here, that Trump is a pussy and Obama wouldn't let this shit stand. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Morons. 

At this rate...

Hey...that's what wins. 

This whole situation may lead to a landslide victory for Biden. Of course liberals hate Trump. Most independents that went for him over Hillary might be seeing the light. But now, it seems like Republicans are down on him for how he's not doing anything about any of the riots, statue defacing, etc. Even Tucker Carlson ranted last week, and I'm paraphrasing here, that Trump is a pussy and Obama wouldn't let this shit stand. 
    I saw a clip from Fox and Friends this morning ripping the Trump campaign for having the rally indoors during the campaign.

If the election was today, I think a Biden landslide would happen but there is still over 4 months to go and a lot can happen. 

The economy will likely still improve as we reopen further which will help Trump as that is the only issue he polls better on right now. 
    I would bet he will hype up a vaccine in October, even if it's not fully ready and/or safe to use.
    And we all have to be concerned about voter suppression. I heard Kentucky has 1 polling booth for 600,000 people in Louisville tomorrow? That is fucking bullshit.

One piece of good news is I read an article about how more and more companies are giving election day as PTO for their employees. That could be a big deal if a lot of attention is paid to that as we get past Labor Day. Like, it could force other companies to do the same thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Morons. 

At this rate...

Hey...that's what wins. 

Republicans are down on Biden for not doing anything about the defacement?  

The interesting calculation is whether those that are doing this are A. Likely to vote B. Enough to make a difference.  In other words, are the ones pulling down the non-Confederate ones just basically anarchists and not likely to engage?  And what is the general public opinion?  Now that I think more about it, perhaps it is the right move to come out.  Does he have more votes to gain than lose in swing states if he comes against it?  I think probably yes.  Maybe he loses some votes in liberal states, but those are locked in, as you say. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Morons. 

At this rate...

Hey...that's what wins. 

I saw a clip from Fox and Friends this morning ripping the Trump campaign for having the rally indoors during the campaign.

If the election was today, I think a Biden landslide would happen but there is still over 4 months to go and a lot can happen. 

The economy will likely still improve as we reopen further which will help Trump as that is the only issue he polls better on right now. 
    I would bet he will hype up a vaccine in October, even if it's not fully ready and/or safe to use.
    And we all have to be concerned about voter suppression. I heard Kentucky has 1 polling booth for 600,000 people in Louisville tomorrow? That is fucking bullshit.

One piece of good news is I read an article about how more and more companies are giving election day as PTO for their employees. That could be a big deal if a lot of attention is paid to that as we get past Labor Day. Like, it could force other companies to do the same thing. 
    I was thinking about the economy this morning, because of some work stuff.  I think the second wave is real.  However, I don't think the states shut down, but businesses are still WFH and service jobs are still in short supply.  The net effect will be a better economy than today, but still double digit unemployment.  I also think the first successful vaccine will be developed in Europe or Asia, not here.  So we will not be on the front lines to get it.  I'd be surprised if there is one in our hands by election day.  So net net, economy will drag Trump.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Morons. 

At this rate...

Hey...that's what wins. 

Republicans are down on Biden for not doing anything about the defacement?  

The interesting calculation is whether those that are doing this are A. Likely to vote B. Enough to make a difference.  In other words, are the ones pulling down the non-Confederate ones just basically anarchists and not likely to engage?  And what is the general public opinion?  Now that I think more about it, perhaps it is the right move to come out.  Does he have more votes to gain than lose in swing states if he comes against it?  I think probably yes.  Maybe he loses some votes in liberal states, but those are locked in, as you say. 
    No, Republicans are down on Trump for that. Not his devoted fanbase, but normal Republicans. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    Well Juggler, we can add Stevie Ray Vaughn to the list. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Lol, seriously???
  • Options
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

Lol, seriously???
    Just vandals taking advantage of the current leniency towards vandalism and property destruction. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

Lol, seriously???
    Just vandals taking advantage of the current leniency towards vandalism and property destruction. 
    Yes. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    I'm sitting this one out
    Buddy got a makeover, luckily not of the spray paint variety.
  • Options
    Biden
    https://apple.news/A_K7pp94cQXuEpVhFPQWbiQ

Ok Biden is moving towards the left. Now if he just sticks with it once in office
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Lol, seriously???
    Yes. 
    You know how there are far right groups interspersed with these far left people? I wonder if they might be doing some of this stuff to make the other wackos look even worse?

Either way, these people are nuts. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out

Morons. 
    They're coming for Jesus next. 

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    Biden
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

They simply cannot her out of their own way. They cannot focus. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

Who is they
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

Who is they
    Do you agree with what Shaun King is saying or is that getting a little crazy?
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,403
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

If we are going to be honest and transparent about racism and teach our children moving forward then maybe all things “white” should be removed and we should be looking towards building more monuments to people like MLK. At least put a disclaimer up if old monuments/statues are kept....”yes he signed the Declaration of Independence but he also bedded and possessed slaves”. 
    As far as the religious statues go you’re right that it represents white supremacy.  A white Jesus..good God...the white race has been fucked up and egotistical a long time.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    Biden
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

Who is they
    People who want trump to be defeated.

i can see now what it looked like I was saying. I wasn’t. Good question and thanks for letting me clarify. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:

Morons. 

Shaun King is total douche.  This guy has annoyed me for years.  And WTF is he even talking about here?  What's his point about Egypt and Denmark.  Jesus was a Jew.  Any statues of him are, by definition, of a Jewish guy.  If he's saying that Jesus looks too Euro then what's his solution?  The statue is still of a Jew. 
  • Options
    Biden
    And let's not forget that they went to Egypt to escape Herod, according to the Good Book.  God, this guy (and those like him) will cost us the election, and then they'll claim it's because Biden wasn't left enough. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    And let's not forget that they went to Egypt to escape Herod, according to the Good Book.  God, this guy (and those like him) will cost us the election, and then they'll claim it's because Biden wasn't left enough. 
    It’s really getting ridiculous and concerning for November. Well said.