Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'm sitting this one out
    Now more than ever 

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    1. Northam said it was wrong and he apologized in this case.  It doesn't mean he should resign the governorship for all the reasons I outlined.  
    2. "That shit was dumb in the past..." again, you are looking at it through today's lens.  You can't possibly know how you would have felt about something if you were a young adult in the 80s.  Have you ever stopped and thought about all of the things you say and do today that will be taboo in 20 years?  If you think there's nothing, you're kidding yourself.  
    3. It's not about 'protectionism', it's about perspective.  I've been railing on this for a few years now.  There are so many Twittersphere people that never think about context, historical perspective, empathy or redemption.  Everyone tries to out-'outrage' each other.  

And the result is not a better candidate, it's a damaged candidate because of the words that people use and get reported on the news. 
    The point is that being able to look back and say even though things were viewed as ok back then they were still wrong and I made a mistake.  That’s hardly crucifying someone.  Not judging the current person by the deeds of the past but judging them on if they can look back at their own past through today’s lens and say ” I have grown as a person and I know know that those kinds of behaviors are not ok and I will do my best to continue growing” not well I was a kid in the 80’s big whoop I don’t do it anymore and it wasn’t bad then.  Also I certainly am not making The case that anyone’s past should be held against them if they have made an effort To change that’s what life and being accepting of others is about.  Bringing it back to the thread topic, through today’s lens joe realized that what he said was wrong and apologized before dinner! That is great and to me Is a huge sign of leadership to say honestly that you made a mistake. In fact it made me view Joe Biden in a much more favorable light than I had.  If I wanted to vote for someone that doesn’t own up to their mistakes or apologize I’d vote for Trump and donate to the Mitch McConnel re-election fund, but you know f**k those guys.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    My only problem is would the people who say “oh well no biggie, say the same if Trump said it? It’s just a shitty situation imo. Having to pick between these two sucks. 
    In my opinion it’s not even a close call. Trump is terrible. Even if Biden sucks he will be surrounded by people that are nowhere near as dangerous as the current administration. Even if Biden completely loses his mind he would still be a better head of state representing the US to the rest of the world.   Trump has dropped the bar so low.  Hopefully by ‘24 there will be a return to some normalcy.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    1. Northam said it was wrong and he apologized in this case.  It doesn't mean he should resign the governorship for all the reasons I outlined.  
    2. "That shit was dumb in the past..." again, you are looking at it through today's lens.  You can't possibly know how you would have felt about something if you were a young adult in the 80s.  Have you ever stopped and thought about all of the things you say and do today that will be taboo in 20 years?  If you think there's nothing, you're kidding yourself.  
    3. It's not about 'protectionism', it's about perspective.  I've been railing on this for a few years now.  There are so many Twittersphere people that never think about context, historical perspective, empathy or redemption.  Everyone tries to out-'outrage' each other.  

And the result is not a better candidate, it's a damaged candidate because of the words that people use and get reported on the news. 
    The point is that being able to look back and say even though things were viewed as ok back then they were still wrong and I made a mistake.  That’s hardly crucifying someone.  Not judging the current person by the deeds of the past but judging them on if they can look back at their own past through today’s lens and say ” I have grown as a person and I know know that those kinds of behaviors are not ok and I will do my best to continue growing” not well I was a kid in the 80’s big whoop I don’t do it anymore and it wasn’t bad then.  Also I certainly am not making The case that anyone’s past should be held against them if they have made an effort To change that’s what life and being accepting of others is about.  Bringing it back to the thread topic, through today’s lens joe realized that what he said was wrong and apologized before dinner! That is great and to me Is a huge sign of leadership to say honestly that you made a mistake. In fact it made me view Joe Biden in a much more favorable light than I had.  If I wanted to vote for someone that doesn’t own up to their mistakes or apologize I’d vote for Trump and donate to the Mitch McConnel re-election fund, but you know f**k those guys.
    You are not one of the people I'm speaking of, when I'm throwing the stones at the millenials.  I wouldn't disagree with any of your points, but I didn't see you railing to have Northam resign or calling Biden a racist.  The problem is that there are those on the far left that have done both of those things, and it doesn't help D's, it damages them. My point is much larger than either of these individual issues.  Just watch, this will come up again for sure.  
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    On a lighter note, Spike Cohen won the VP nomination. Below are some of his positions, as posted on his website. I'll be shooting heroin if anyone needs me.

That's hilarious.  I can't disagree with the badger platform.  But it's hard to take the movement seriously, obviously.  Are the 'delegates' not even trying this time around, or were they stoned all day?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    On a lighter note, Spike Cohen won the VP nomination. Below are some of his positions, as posted on his website. I'll be shooting heroin if anyone needs me.

That's hilarious.  I can't disagree with the badger platform.  But it's hard to take the movement seriously, obviously.  Are the 'delegates' not even trying this time around, or were they stoned all day?
    I wasn't following along and have no idea how he got the support he did. He was Vermin Supreme's de facto VP. John Monds would have been a decent choice but he finished second. Spike is an internet-savvy guy and relatively young so you can talk yourself into that being an asset, but I'm with you - it just makes it harder to take the movement seriously. 

Anyhow, it would be entertaining as hell if he somehow was able to debate Pence and whomever Biden picks.

Edit: It's even weirder when you consider that Jo Jorgensen is as common and presentable as they get.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

that is outrageous libertarian propaganda. No way Quark is a libertarian. Alright, maybe you convinced me.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    My only problem is would the people who say “oh well no biggie, say the same if Trump said it? It’s just a shitty situation imo. Having to pick between these two sucks. 

Should I post the Rockafeller Skank here again? Right about now? It got largely ignored here so it was probably missed by most.

my vague point was when Biden calls a major conservative figure a skank they’d be closer to comparable.

We should post that tune every time a member says Biden is comparable to trump. Fun times groovin, funk soul brother.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

that is outrageous libertarian propaganda. No way Quark is a libertarian. Alright, maybe you convinced me.
    I have to admit that I don't watch Star Trek so that was the one box I didn't get
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I have to admit that I don't watch Star Trek so that was the one box I didn't get

Once I thought it through it made some sense,

Quark is a fictional character in the American television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The character, which was played by Armin Shimerman, was depicted as a member of an extraterrestrial alien race known as the Ferengi, who are stereotypically capitalist and motivated only by profit.”

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I don't see it that way...I would say most of us completely understand the Libertarian platform and do not consider it as viable.  So...the last panel where this person is talking to a brick wall is not accurate in my opinion.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    Biden
    So after this weekend, can we finally put to bed the notion that this is just another election with a "lesser of two evils" choice?

One guy makes a gaffe regarding the black vote and apologizes hours later....the other guy blatantly, and without any shred of evidence, accuses a tv host he doesn't like of murder for the fourth or fifth time, in addition to calling Stacey Abrams fat, Hillary Clinton a skank, insinuating that Nancy Pelosi has a drinking problem, and debasing a former marine on Memorial Day of all days.

If you can't make up your mind between Trump and Biden you're a god damned fool. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    Biden
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    In my opinion it’s not even a close call. Trump is terrible. Even if Biden sucks he will be surrounded by people that are nowhere near as dangerous as the current administration. Even if Biden completely loses his mind he would still be a better head of state representing the US to the rest of the world.   Trump has dropped the bar so low.  Hopefully by ‘24 there will be a return to some normalcy.
    the bolded part above is a huge part of this election.  I wish people talked more about this.  Everyone knows Trump is a horrible human being but as just as big is how incompetent his cabinet is.  Even if Biden is a full on dementia patient by the time he takes office we would have to expect his administration will have people capable and competent in jobs they are nominated for. 
  • Options
    Biden
    So after this weekend, can we finally put to bed the notion that this is just another election with a "lesser of two evils" choice?

One guy makes a gaffe regarding the black vote and apologizes hours later....the other guy blatantly, and without any shred of evidence, accuses a tv host he doesn't like of murder for the fourth or fifth time, in addition to calling Stacey Abrams fat, Hillary Clinton a skank, insinuating that Nancy Pelosi has a drinking problem, and debasing a former marine on Memorial Day of all days.

If you can't make up your mind between Trump and Biden you're a god damned fool. 

If you have a problem figuring you if you're for Biden or Trump, you ain't American.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,602

But, but, but Sleepy Woke Joe isn’t perfect in every way so I’m still undecided. Maybe I’ll just sit this one out. Perfection will exist in 2024.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

If you have a problem figuring you if you're for Biden or Trump, you ain't American.  
    Whaaaaa?!?!?! You're telling Americans they ain't Murican?!?! Annnddddd you said "ain't"? That's it, you ought be banned for this!

=) 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Whaaaaa?!?!?! You're telling Americans they ain't Murican?!?! Annnddddd you said "ain't"? That's it, you ought be banned for this!

=) 
    I'll be resigning today.  Cheers everyone.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

=) 
    Traitor!
    Terrorist!
    :rofl:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

=) 
    cue the biden twitter insult bot! haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

Once I thought it through it made some sense,

Quark is a fictional character in the American television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The character, which was played by Armin Shimerman, was depicted as a member of an extraterrestrial alien race known as the Ferengi, who are stereotypically capitalist and motivated only by profit.”

Ah ha. That fits with the chart perfectly. 
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I don't see it that way...I would say most of us completely understand the Libertarian platform and do not consider it as viable.  So...the last panel where this person is talking to a brick wall is not accurate in my opinion.  
    It's just meant for a laugh
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I think it's quite clever. 
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I think it's quite clever. 
    As far as self-deprecating laughs go, it's pretty on-target
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

=) 
    Ah, man, he's the best! You two timin', three legged monkey lovin', corner hat thief, you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

=) 
    Ah, man, he's the best! You two timin', three legged monkey lovin', corner hat thief, you. 
    i love that thing too. as soon as someone mentions it on twitter it replies right away. more timely than the postman, haha.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I think it's 100% accurate...
    Assuming that the libertarian is the brick wall lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Biden
    rgambs said:
    pjl44 said:
    Now more than ever 

I think it's 100% accurate...
    Assuming that the libertarian is the brick wall lol
    good point...I might have misread
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    We might only be days away from my shit-his-pants test case

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/joe-biden-fart-noise-tom-wolf?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    LoL I thought of you when I read this story today.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    LoL I thought of you when I read this story today.
    The lean back, Wolf's reaction. It's only a matter of time.