Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I think what we learned in the primaries is that  millennial white liberals are FAR more sensitive than average people and minorities.  His resiliency shows that.  And look at Northams approval rate with minorities in Virginia for further proof.  Im sure black people all appreciate your concern though. 
    You got us all wrong. Not concerned for black people. Concerned for Biden botching simple interviews when he's polling just fine when not saying anything at all. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

I'm sure black voters will love that one. 
    This is really awful.  I listened to the audio and he isn’t saying it lightly. I guess we will just have to chalk it up as one of his trademark gaffes and look past it 🙄.  So now the media isn’t allowed to ask substantive policy questions to the candidate on the plans affecting specific communities. Really bad form and one of the reasons that I don’t think Biden has victory secured as much as many believe.
    Yeah it's hard to believe anybody so experienced in politics would say that. And like you said, he didn't say it lightly. I don't know much about Charlemagne The God, but I imagine he has a pretty popular show and Joe went on it specifically to appeal to black voters. Well hearing some old white man tell you "You ain't black" for ANYTHING wouldn't be appealing. Let alone "you ain't black" if you vote against him. 

You mean this Asian guy in Twitter with a Sanders background is offended? Oh dear. 
    Amazing. I was just grabbing the shortest version of the video I could find. Didn't look at the user. But since you did, who cares if he's Asian? Jesus...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I think what we learned in the primaries is that  millennial white liberals are FAR more sensitive than average people and minorities.  His resiliency shows that.  And look at Northams approval rate with minorities in Virginia for further proof.  Im sure black people all appreciate your concern though. 
    You got us all wrong. Not concerned for black people. Concerned for Biden botching simple interviews when he's polling just fine when not saying anything at all. 
    Like I said,  his numbers aren't going down with minorities for this. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    As evidenced by the usual suspects expressing their "outrage" in this thread.

Sorry, folks. This isn't going to bring Joe Biden down either. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Biden
    I'm not sure I understand why VPJoe can't allude to soul-eater being racist. It would follow, in logical thinking I believe, that black people would likely not vote for a racist, wouldn't it? Anyway, if I was black, I couldn't vote for a racist. Some day, way in the future, if there's any left on the planet, people will all be one color. I'd like to think that would solve the bigotry problem. :tongue: Be safe all. :hug:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,189
    I'm sitting this one out
    "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

I'm sure black voters will love that one. 
    It's all good, he squared off with "Corn Pop" one time. He was a bad dude.

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Well there ya have it; his number aren't going down with minorities for this. 

And really, they shouldn't. Black people need to know that..

1) The democratic party looks out of them, and republicans are racist.
    2) Trump is the biggest racist of them all.
    3) Trump's so racist, that if you vote for him, you ain't black.

They know this right? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 
    Did you watch any of that interview other than the final 10 seconds?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

This reminds me of Kramer training Jerry's girlfriend for Miss America.

Kramer: Oh you can try to stop her, but she's going to the top!
    Jerry: I don't want to stop her.
    Kramer: You CAN'T stop her, Jerry!!

Who here wants to see Joe go down? There's like 5 votes for Trump and over 60 for Biden on this poll. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

Exactly
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Who here wants to see Joe go down? There's like 5 votes for Trump and over 60 for Biden on this poll. 
    The usual two or three people who pop up when there's a perceived bad story about Biden. Not talking about you
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

Yes, and he was great! That's the problem. How do you botch it at the end like that and end on such a stupid soundbyte? In jest or not?

You and mrussel get so defensive of Joe, but speaking for my own posts like this about him, I'm not looking for anything to take him down like you suggested in your last post ("Sorry folks...but this ain't taking him down."). It's concern over this aging gaffe machine that has a pretty good lead in the polls, maintaining until November and winning. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    mrussel1 said:
    From the NYT:

Biden-Warren: Really?

There is a long history of bad feelings between Joe Biden’s inner circle and Elizabeth Warren.

She accused Biden of protecting banks rather than ordinary families during debates over bankruptcy legislation in the 1990s. Later, Obama administration officials regularly bad-mouthed Warren for criticizing their response to the financial crisis.
    And yet Warren has emerged as a serious candidate to be Biden’s vice president, as Adam Nagourney and Jonathan Martin explain.

To understand why, I think it helps to look at political history. As strange a pair as Biden and Warren might seem, they also might be the ticket that most closely matches successful previous tickets.
    When pundits talk about the selection process, they often imagine that a vice-presidential nominee can excite voters from the same state or demographic group. But there is little evidence that’s true.

In 2016, Tim Kaine didn’t seem to help Hillary Clinton win more white men. In 2012, Paul Ryan didn’t help Mitt Romney win Wisconsin, and John Edwards didn’t win North Carolina in 2004 for John Kerry.

Only one strategy has a long track record of success: ticket balancing. Winning presidential candidates have often chosen running mates with obviously different political personas — who shore up weaknesses at the top of a ticket.
    Consider: Donald Trump, a divorced reality-television star, chose a religious conservative. Barack Obama and George W. Bush, both worried about seeming inexperienced, chose party elders. Ronald Reagan, who was labeled a radical conservative, chose an establishment figure: George H.W. Bush. (Bush’s harsh earlier criticism of Reagan — for “voodoo economics” — is reminiscent of the Biden-Warren history, Adam Nagourney told me.)

Biden’s biggest weakness among the Democratic coalition is young, progressive voters. And many of them are Warren fans. Stan Greenberg, a top Democratic pollster who has pushed for Warren, recently told the Biden campaign that such voters were “dangerously not” united behind Biden.

Biden has multiple options for vice president (and in future newsletters, I’ll focus on others, like Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar). If anything, though, the candidate who seems most different from him may be the one who’s historically most typical.

For more: The Times story has details on the latest conversations between Biden and Warren. Jamelle Bouie, a Times Opinion columnist, has made a case for Warren as the vice president who could get the most done. And a 2019 Politico story had details on the long-running feud between Obama’s team and Warren .

Maybe I'm confused, but MA has a Republican governor.  If a Biden/Warren ticket wins, the gov appoints the replacement, right?  Or do they go straight to a special election? Considering the Senate is up for grabs and every vote matters, I don't know how the party goes that way.  
    I think they go to a special election depending upon when the seat is up or how close they are to the election for that seat. Governor appoints someone if it’s less than X amount of time and/or in interim.

MA is a dem state that likes country club repubs and the dems have a deeper bench so depending on when the seat is up and how long the appointment would be, the fear of losing a dem senate seat might not be a concern.

Anyway, speculation on NYT part and I don’t think it’ll be Warren. Although it wouldn’t bother me to have a Native American in the White House.

Mass- The interim senator is appointed by the governor.

“Special election- 145-160 days after vacancy occurs. If a vacancy occurs after April 10 but on or before the 70th day before the regular state primary, the office shall appear on the regular state primary ballot. If a vacancy occurs after that time, the office shall appear on the state election ballot that November.”

So by picking Warren,  Biden would be handing a senate seat to the republicans for nearly half a year. As it’s likely the senate majority could be decided by one vote this November that would be one of the stupidest things Biden could do. But then again, Dems suck at politics. 

Warren does not resonate with the democratic base, nor did she do well in the primaries nor does she relate well to independents. I’m perplexed why anyone would think Warren does anything other than hurt Biden’s chances to beat trump

Biden should never let a day go by without thinking why he has a chance to be president.

South.

Carolina.
  • Options
    Biden
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/tara-reade-lawyer/index.html

Lawyer says he's no longer representing Biden accuser Tara Reade

(CNN)A lawyer who represented Tara Reade, the woman who has accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, announced Friday that Reade is no longer his firm's client.

Doug Wigdor said the decision to no longer represent Reade was made on Wednesday, the day after CNN published an extensive investigation about Reade's background and past statements. In the report, CNN first revealed problems with Reade's claim that she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle; the school denied to CNN that she ever graduated from the university.
    Wigdor had sent CNN a lengthy statement on Monday responding to numerous questions related to the story. However, Reade directly contacted CNN on Monday night to discuss the issue of her degree from Antioch, telling a CNN reporter that she had asked for and received permission from Wigdor to reach out directly.
    "Our decision, made on May 20, is by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade," Wigdor said in a statement. "We also believe that to a large extent Ms. Reade has been subjected to a double standard in terms of the media coverage she has received. Much of what has been written about Ms. Reade is not probative of whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted her, but rather is intended to victim-shame and attack her credibility on unrelated and irrelevant matters."
      Wigdor said his firm wishes Reade well and hopes that she will be treated fairly.
      Reade did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The New York Times first reported news of Widgor's decision.
      Reade alleges that in 1993 when she was working as an aide in Biden's Senate office, the then-senator sexually assaulted her. Biden himself has vehemently denied Reade's allegation.
      Wigdor, a prominent sexual harassment and assault lawyer, announced that his firm was representing Reade earlier this month. He has represented accusers of Harvey Weinstein, and was a vocal supporter of Christine Blasey Ford when she accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Wigdor supported President Donald Trump in the 2016 election.
      Wigdor previously told CNN that Reade wasn't paying his law firm and that he didn't "anticipate ever getting paid for anything."
      Wigdor is parting ways with Reade as many aspects of her background have come under scrutiny in light of her allegation against Biden.
      On Monday, Reade had told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a "protected program," personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.
      But a spokesperson for the university told CNN that Reade "attended but did not graduate from Antioch University" and that she was never a faculty member, but she did provide several hours of administrative work.
      University officials confirmed with former university president Toni Murdoch that no special arrangements existed, university spokeswoman Karen Hamilton said.
      An Antioch University official also told CNN that such a "protected program" does not exist and never has.
      Reade graduated from Seattle University School of Law in 2004, gaining admission to the school through its Alternative Admission Program.
      Defense lawyers in California are reviewing past criminal cases in which Reade testified as an expert witness, according to The New York Times.
      The lawyers told the Times they are concerned over inconsistencies in her education credentials and that her testimony may have improperly influenced the outcomes of their trials.
      According to the Times, Reade participated in cases in Monterey County courts for nearly a decade as a government witness on domestic violence. Reade had testified in a 2018 trial that she received a liberal arts degree with a focus on political science when she was asked questions about credentials presented on her resume, according to a trial transcript the Times obtained.
      According to the Times, lawyers became concerned after CNN first reported about discrepancies in Reade's education background.
      She also told the court that she worked in domestic violence prevention for decades, starting off as a legislative assistant in Biden's office when he worked on the Violence Against Women Act, according to a trial transcript the Times obtained. Reade was a staff assistant in Biden's office, according to a congressional staff list at the time, which is a different position.
      The Times reported that Reade maintains that she did not misrepresent her credentials and that she does have a bachelor's degree.
      The Monterey County public defender's office has started examining the cases involving Reade and drawing up a list of clients potentially affected by her testimony, Jeremy Dzubay, an assistant public defender in the office, told the newspaper. Roland Soltesz, a criminal defense lawyer in Monterey, told the Times that he believes Reade's testimony significantly swayed the outcome of that 2018 trial in which his client received a life sentence for attempted murder, arson, and armed robbery. He is now looking to reopen the case, according to the Times.
        The Sixth District Appellate Program, which makes appeal lawyers available to low-income defendants, is also reviewing all the cases involving Reade, according to the Times.
        This story has been updated.
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • Options
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:

The usual two or three people who pop up when there's a perceived bad story about Biden. Not talking about you
        Ok fair enough. Yeah cause I'm not against Joe, I just think it's more likely he hurts himself than Trump hurts him, and stuff like this (which you guys said won't affect minority votes, and it probably won't) is the stuff I'm talking about. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      • Options
        Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,665
        mrussel1 said:
        From the NYT:

Biden-Warren: Really?

There is a long history of bad feelings between Joe Biden’s inner circle and Elizabeth Warren.

She accused Biden of protecting banks rather than ordinary families during debates over bankruptcy legislation in the 1990s. Later, Obama administration officials regularly bad-mouthed Warren for criticizing their response to the financial crisis.
        And yet Warren has emerged as a serious candidate to be Biden’s vice president, as Adam Nagourney and Jonathan Martin explain.

To understand why, I think it helps to look at political history. As strange a pair as Biden and Warren might seem, they also might be the ticket that most closely matches successful previous tickets.
        When pundits talk about the selection process, they often imagine that a vice-presidential nominee can excite voters from the same state or demographic group. But there is little evidence that’s true.

In 2016, Tim Kaine didn’t seem to help Hillary Clinton win more white men. In 2012, Paul Ryan didn’t help Mitt Romney win Wisconsin, and John Edwards didn’t win North Carolina in 2004 for John Kerry.

Only one strategy has a long track record of success: ticket balancing. Winning presidential candidates have often chosen running mates with obviously different political personas — who shore up weaknesses at the top of a ticket.
        Consider: Donald Trump, a divorced reality-television star, chose a religious conservative. Barack Obama and George W. Bush, both worried about seeming inexperienced, chose party elders. Ronald Reagan, who was labeled a radical conservative, chose an establishment figure: George H.W. Bush. (Bush’s harsh earlier criticism of Reagan — for “voodoo economics” — is reminiscent of the Biden-Warren history, Adam Nagourney told me.)

Biden’s biggest weakness among the Democratic coalition is young, progressive voters. And many of them are Warren fans. Stan Greenberg, a top Democratic pollster who has pushed for Warren, recently told the Biden campaign that such voters were “dangerously not” united behind Biden.

Biden has multiple options for vice president (and in future newsletters, I’ll focus on others, like Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar). If anything, though, the candidate who seems most different from him may be the one who’s historically most typical.

For more: The Times story has details on the latest conversations between Biden and Warren. Jamelle Bouie, a Times Opinion columnist, has made a case for Warren as the vice president who could get the most done. And a 2019 Politico story had details on the long-running feud between Obama’s team and Warren .

Maybe I'm confused, but MA has a Republican governor.  If a Biden/Warren ticket wins, the gov appoints the replacement, right?  Or do they go straight to a special election? Considering the Senate is up for grabs and every vote matters, I don't know how the party goes that way.  
        I think they go to a special election depending upon when the seat is up or how close they are to the election for that seat. Governor appoints someone if it’s less than X amount of time and/or in interim.

MA is a dem state that likes country club repubs and the dems have a deeper bench so depending on when the seat is up and how long the appointment would be, the fear of losing a dem senate seat might not be a concern.

Anyway, speculation on NYT part and I don’t think it’ll be Warren. Although it wouldn’t bother me to have a Native American in the White House.

Mass- The interim senator is appointed by the governor.

“Special election- 145-160 days after vacancy occurs. If a vacancy occurs after April 10 but on or before the 70th day before the regular state primary, the office shall appear on the regular state primary ballot. If a vacancy occurs after that time, the office shall appear on the state election ballot that November.”

So by picking Warren,  Biden would be handing a senate seat to the republicans for nearly half a year. As it’s likely the senate majority could be decided by one vote this November that would be one of the stupidest things Biden could do. But then again, Dems suck at politics. 

Warren does not resonate with the democratic base, nor did she do well in the primaries nor does she relate well to independents. I’m perplexed why anyone would think Warren does anything other than hurt Biden’s chances to beat trump

Biden should never let a day go by without thinking why he has a chance to be president.

South.

Carolina.
        When is Warren’s seat up?
        09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
      • Options
        edited May 2020
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:

Ok fair enough. Yeah cause I'm not against Joe, I just think it's more likely he hurts himself than Trump hurts him, and stuff like this (which you guys said won't affect minority votes, and it probably won't) is the stuff I'm talking about. 
        Yeah I hear you. I think the fact that he had the balls to go on that show in the first place and was invited back in the studio when that is allowed (even after this "gaffe") speaks more than a 10 second, out of context, clip.

Would love to see Trump do that show. haha
        Post edited by The Juggler on
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • Options
        gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
        Biden
        if i were african american i would still vote for joe. trump has done nothing for any minority community and has been overtly racist and detrimental to many of those minority groups. this should be the messaging. trump does not like you and he has done nothing for you and he will do nothing for you again if given another 4 years.
        There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
      • Options
        edited May 2020
        Biden

Yeah I hear you. I think the fact that he had the balls to go on that show in the first place and was invited back in the studio when that is allowed (even after this "gaffe") speaks more than a 10 second, out of context, clip.

Would love to see Trump do that show. haha
        I think we'd see Obama on Hannity before we'd see something like that lol

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      • Options
        Biden
        if i were african american i would still vote for joe. trump has done nothing for any minority community and has been overtly racist and detrimental to many of those minority groups. this should be the messaging. trump does not like you and he has done nothing for you and he will do nothing for you again if given another 4 years.
        Pre-pandemic, Trump would have tried to hang his hat on low-black employment (if he gave a crap at all to seek black votes), but now, he doesn't really have anything to appeal to black voters with. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      • Options
        gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
        Biden
        Pre-pandemic, Trump would have tried to hang his hat on low-black employment (if he gave a crap at all to seek black votes), but now, he doesn't really have anything to appeal to black voters with. 
        yep. those pre-pandemic numbers blew up on him. he has nothing to run on now. the economy WAS the only thing he could run on, but that is now in the tank.
        There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
      • Options
        static111static111 Posts: 4,889
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

Yes, and he was great! That's the problem. How do you botch it at the end like that and end on such a stupid soundbyte? In jest or not?

You and mrussel get so defensive of Joe, but speaking for my own posts like this about him, I'm not looking for anything to take him down like you suggested in your last post ("Sorry folks...but this ain't taking him down."). It's concern over this aging gaffe machine that has a pretty good lead in the polls, maintaining until November and winning. 
        This is how I feel.  I’m not against joe.  I just think people are way too secure that the decision between any breathing human and trump is a guaranteed victory.  I also think it is ridiculous how defensive some are of Joe. Clearly the guy is human and has flaws.  But winning the election based solely on trump being horrible while campaigning from his bunker doesnt make me feel secure in a dem victory. And before anyone says it, no I don’t think Bernie, Warren, Yang would be doing any better at campaigning during the pandemic. I’m sure they would all make gaffes from time to time as well.  I just can’t wrap my head around how sure some people on the board are of a Biden victory.  Of course that is if there is an election at all which I’m not convinced the current administration will allow.
        Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
      • Options
        Biden
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

This is how I feel.  I’m not against joe.  I just think people are way too secure that the decision between any breathing human and trump is a guaranteed victory.  I also think it is ridiculous how defensive some are of Joe. Clearly the guy is human and has flaws.  But winning the election based solely on trump being horrible while campaigning from his bunker doesnt make me feel secure in a dem victory. And before anyone says it, no I don’t think Bernie, Warren, Yang would be doing any better at campaigning during the pandemic. I’m sure they would all make gaffes from time to time as well.  I just can’t wrap my head around how sure some people on the board are of a Biden victory.  Of course that is if there is an election at all which I’m not convinced the current administration will allow.
        I actually don't think it's a gaffe, to be honest.  I like this Joe Biden.  I like politicians that aren't too conservative with their words.  Trump is over the top, obviously.  Part of Sanders appeal is that he would say things similar to this, while others won't.  
      • Options
        KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
        edited May 2020
        Biden
        It's going to get so much worse before it gets better...my fear. Soul-eater is stamping his feet at people who won't do what he wants. His scorched-earth campaigning is only beginning. 
        Falling down,...not staying down
      • Options
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

I actually don't think it's a gaffe, to be honest.  I like this Joe Biden.  I like politicians that aren't too conservative with their words.  Trump is over the top, obviously.  Part of Sanders appeal is that he would say things similar to this, while others won't.  
        It was a joke. Probably not one he should've made. But both he and the interviewer were smiling after it. And then he got invited back to the show.
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • Options
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

The problem here is that the fact that the rest of the interview was great will be overlooked by a sound byte that you couldn’t have scripted better for an attack ad. I mean since lately we are all about what iffing the recent past, how hard would it have been to say yeah I would love to come on your show again and discuss my plan for the black community. If this does nothing else it produces an attack ad that Trumps people have been dreaming of.
        Scio me nihil scire

• Options
        Biden
        Kat said:
        It's going to get so much worse before it gets better...my fear. Soul-eater is stamping his feet at people who won't do what he wants. His scorched-earth campaigning is only beginning. 
        I agree Kat. That combined with a fucking pandemic. We are living in hell. 
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • Options
        Biden
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

The problem here is that the fact that the rest of the interview was great will be overlooked by a sound byte that you couldn’t have scripted better for an attack ad. I mean since lately we are all about what iffing the recent past, how hard would it have been to say yeah I would love to come on your show again and discuss my plan for the black community. If this does nothing else it produces an attack ad that Trumps people have been dreaming of.
        In the world of 'first, do no harm', yes that's true.  But Clinton played it safe.  I really don't think Trump is going to spend a real dollar on going after the black vote, especially with unemployment rocketing.  He's going to his HIllary bag of tricks and focus on the base.  There's no chance of an expanded coalition at this point.  
      • Options
        OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
        Biden
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

In the world of 'first, do no harm', yes that's true.  But Clinton played it safe.  I really don't think Trump is going to spend a real dollar on going after the black vote, especially with unemployment rocketing.  He's going to his HIllary bag of tricks and focus on the base.  There's no chance of an expanded coalition at this point.  

I agree that Trump's not going to get much of the black vote because of this or anything else.  I just hope you're right that Biden's not going to lose any because of this.  A good black turnout would have won it for Hillary.  And Biden needs it now.

Biden's not dumb like Trump. But sometimes he's not very wise.
        1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
        2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
      • Options
        Biden
        OnWis97 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        static111 said:
        mrussel1 said:
        mrussel1 said:

They know this right? 

I agree that Trump's not going to get much of the black vote because of this or anything else.  I just hope you're right that Biden's not going to lose any because of this.  A good black turnout would have won it for Hillary.  And Biden needs it now.

Biden's not dumb like Trump. But sometimes he's not very wise.
        Looks like he has already got in front of it and apologized which is a good move in my opinion.  
        Scio me nihil scire