Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,029
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    This thread should be shut down - it really is a shame to see people not be able to co-exist because of what they believe in. It's even more discouraging to see people on here view followers of a party as inhumane. 

I hate to break it to those people - not a single party is right on all views.

I'm voting for Trump - which I know is more than frowned upon in this community. I do not agree with all of his views. However, views that are important to me is why I am voting for him and the candidates who are aligned with my most important values.

This does not make me a bad person. Same as a person who votes for Biden, it doesn't make them a bad person.

We all have at least one thing in common in this community and that is our love for Pearl Jam - if it does any good - listen to the 9/11/2022 speech from the MSG show prior to RVM.  Take good notes of that - a message for all regardless of the party you are for.

Take care...
    The avatar made me think this was Gern and I was like wtf ….😳 
    yeah...goddamn doppelganger
    it was bizarro gern.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,836
    I'm a big Pete fan; I think he's the most gifted politician of our time. He's extraordinarily quick on his feet, unflappable, and is able to explain things in a clear, common-sense way that anyone can understand.

I have to say I've been very impressed by Josh Shapiro; I thought his remarks this weekend were exactly what they needed to be. I think he's a great option, too.

I don't know where to post it, but George Conway has a new superPAC which he has kickstarted with several hundred dollars of his own money:  https://www.psychopac.org/ 

The next few days should be very interesting. What did I see earlier? I think it was "I can't wait to return to precedented times." Me too.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    Biden
    I'm a big Pete fan; I think he's the most gifted politician of our time. He's extraordinarily quick on his feet, unflappable, and is able to explain things in a clear, common-sense way that anyone can understand.

I have to say I've been very impressed by Josh Shapiro; I thought his remarks this weekend were exactly what they needed to be. I think he's a great option, too.

I don't know where to post it, but George Conway has a new superPAC which he has kickstarted with several hundred dollars of his own money:  https://www.psychopac.org/ 

The next few days should be very interesting. What did I see earlier? I think it was "I can't wait to return to precedented times." Me too.

Pete is certainly one of the best and I would have no problem voting for him.
    I don't know much about Shapiro, but from what I do know, he seems like a very decent governor.
    I also like Cory Booker a lot.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in the running some day.

And I have to say, I really wish there was a Republican I could honestly say I would like to see in the running.  But then, I actually wish we had a Republican party again instead of the MAGA party. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    Biden
    brianlux said:

I don't know much about Shapiro, but from what I do know, he seems like a very decent governor.
    I also like Cory Booker a lot.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in the running some day.

And I have to say, I really wish there was a Republican I could honestly say I would like to see in the running.  But then, I actually wish we had a Republican party again instead of the MAGA party. 
    Also seeing Andy Beshear’s (Gov of Kentucky) name being floated as a possible VP candidate. A twice elected D governor in a solid red state. I could get behind that.
    Biden
    brianlux said:

Also seeing Andy Beshear’s (Gov of Kentucky) name being floated as a possible VP candidate. A twice elected D governor in a solid red state. I could get behind that.

I'm not familiar with Beshear.  Time for more reading up!  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., wrote on X Friday that “whistleblowers tell me that MOST of Trump’s security detail working the event last Saturday were not even Secret Service.  

“DHS assigned unprepared and inexperienced personnel,” he added, posting a letter he sent today to United States Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas.  

“Whistleblowers who have direct knowledge of the event have approached my office. According to the allegations, the July 13 rally was considered to be a ‘loose’ security event. For example, detection canines were not used to monitor entry and detect threats in the usual manner,” Hawley wrote. “Individuals without proper designations were able to gain access to backstage areas. Department personnel did not appropriately police the security buffer around the podium and were also not stationed at regular intervals around the event’s security perimeter.” 

“In addition, whistleblower allegations suggest the majority of DHS officials were not in fact USSS agents but instead drawn from the department’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). This is especially concerning given that HSI agents were unfamiliar with standard protocols typically used at these types of events, according to the allegations,” Hawley also said. 

Hawley used the letter to ask Mayorkas to respond to multiple questions regarding security at the Trump campaign event. 

Posted by Greg Norman
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    I'm sitting this one out
    shecky said:

Posted by Greg Norman
    The Shark?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Biden

www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,288
    Biden
    Trump's awful speech overshadowed by this software disaster. He's so f'ing lucky.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Biden

Now things are tight...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Biden
    Bless your heart New York Post. Obviously a pre-printed headline that has nothing to do with sleepy Donny's boring-ass speech.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,012

It’s amazing how quickly they stopped caring about pedophiles. 

Depressing times indeed. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Biden
    Bless your heart New York Post. Obviously a pre-printed headline that has nothing to do with sleepy Donny's boring-ass speech.
    Same as the old Don...
    Biden
    shecky said:

Oh MY GOD!  Our savior at last!
    :rofl:

• Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,606
    Biden
    shecky said:

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., wrote on X Friday that “whistleblowers tell me that MOST of Trump’s security detail working the event last Saturday were not even Secret Service.  

“DHS assigned unprepared and inexperienced personnel,” he added, posting a letter he sent today to United States Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas.  

“Whistleblowers who have direct knowledge of the event have approached my office. According to the allegations, the July 13 rally was considered to be a ‘loose’ security event. For example, detection canines were not used to monitor entry and detect threats in the usual manner,” Hawley wrote. “Individuals without proper designations were able to gain access to backstage areas. Department personnel did not appropriately police the security buffer around the podium and were also not stationed at regular intervals around the event’s security perimeter.” 

“In addition, whistleblower allegations suggest the majority of DHS officials were not in fact USSS agents but instead drawn from the department’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). This is especially concerning given that HSI agents were unfamiliar with standard protocols typically used at these types of events, according to the allegations,” Hawley also said. 

Hawley used the letter to ask Mayorkas to respond to multiple questions regarding security at the Trump campaign event. 

Posted by Greg Norman

Josh Hawley...right there's a senator with credibility.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

We can only be so lucky that God was there to save him from the bullet.
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

I have often wished aliens would come and whisk him away to another planet, but in reality, the last thing we need is for Trump to become a martyr, so I'm glad he wasn't killed (and I don't like killing anyway).   It's ridiculous enough that somehow some people think that getting shot automatically makes someone a hero. 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

I have often wished aliens would come and whisk him away to another planet, but in reality, the last thing we need is for Trump to become a martyr, so I'm glad he wasn't killed (and I don't like killing anyway).   It's ridiculous enough that somehow some people think that getting shot automatically makes someone a hero. 
    If anyone thinks Trump is willing to die for this country,  they've lost their damn mind. 
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

If anyone thinks Trump is willing to die for this country,  they've lost their damn mind. 

Apparently, millions of people in this country have lost their damn minds.  That is what I find so incredulous about the whole thing!

Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

I think if he were assassinated it would cause violence from his base worse than what we saw on Jan 6th.  It is more tragic someone else was killed that day.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:

I think if he were assassinated it would cause violence from his base worse than what we saw on Jan 6th.  It is more tragic someone else was killed that day.
    So true and well said, G!
    CM189191 said:

Sounds pretty good.

Biden
    Well it sure is a lot of damn ads in PA - UGH. Almost spoils tonight's return of Phillies baseball.

edited July 19
    Biden
    As an FYI, this whole idea that pollsters only call landlines is a bunch of malarky. I’ve gotten two calls this week on my cell from polling orgs. I didn’t participate since I was told they would need 15-20 minutes of my time. F that. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    As an FYI, this whole idea that pollsters only call landlines is a bunch of malarky. I’ve gotten two calls this week on my cell from polling orgs. I didn’t participate since I was told they would need 15-20 minutes of my time. F that. 

Yeah, it's not the landline problem anymore

It's more the demographics of the people who think they have an opinion worth sharing.
    Small sample sizes.
    And terribly phrased survey questions. 

Polls are designed to generate click-bait headlines now.  Not to gather any meaningful data.

Aggregate polls were useful for a while (Nate Silver combining a bunch of polls together).
    But I feel that ship has sailed too.

There's only one poll that matters now.  Election Day.  Or at least it used to matter....
    Biden
    CM189191 said:

It's more the demographics of the people who think they have an opinion worth sharing.
    Old people and shut-ins who have no one to talk to. As I mentioned, most of these polls take 15-20 minutes. After spending the day talking to people at work, why would I want to talk to some rando polling person.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    CM189191 said:

Old people and shut-ins who have no one to talk to. As I mentioned, most of these polls take 15-20 minutes. After spending the day talking to people at work, why would I want to talk to some rando polling person.
    My wife keeps asking me to change the air filters or finish painting upstairs. I wish one of these pollsters would call me.