Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    I pray to God that a baseball player doesn't slide into that bandage.
    If Pete Rose sees him he will try to steal it 😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,194
    I pray to God that a baseball player doesn't slide into that bandage.
    If Pete Rose sees him he will try to steal it 😂
    No, Pete Rose will bet you that Ricky Henderson will steal it and then donate his winnings to the POOTWH campaign hoping for a pardon so he can be reinstated.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Thomas Matthew Crooks’ parents were looking for him on Saturday in the hours leading up to the Trump rally shooting and eventually called law enforcement to indicate that he was missing and they were worried, Fox News has learned.  

It’s unclear what his parents told authorities, but the call happened on Saturday before Crooks later opened fire at Trump during the rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. 

The parents are being cooperative with authorities and the FBI is still trying to determine a motive for the attack, sources also told Fox News. 

Fox News' David Spunt and Jake Gibson contributed to this report.

Posted by Greg Norman

65% of Democrats say Biden should drop out after debate disaster, poll finds

Seven in 10 adults say Biden should drop out of the race, AP-NORC poll finds

Published July 17, 2024 11:45am EDT | Updated July 17, 2024 12:25pm EDT

new poll released on Wednesday found that 65% of Democrats say President Biden should drop out following his disastrous debate performance against former President Trump. 

The AP-NORC survey – which was conducted July 11-15, mostly completed before the attempted assassination of Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend – found that 7 in 10 adults, including 65% of Democrats, say Biden should withdraw and allow his party to select a different nominee.

Overall, 57% of adults say Trump should withdraw from the race and allow his party to name a replacement. But Trump is maintaining support from his party, with 73% of Republicans saying he should stay in the race.

Biden is facing more resistance from his party, with only 35% of Democrats saying he should continue his re-election campaign. 

The survey found that more people view Biden as honest than those who feel the same way as Trump, but Trump is more likely to be seen as capable of winning in November and better able to handle a crisis, according to the Associated Press. 

Black Democrats are among Biden’s strongest supporters. Half of Black Democrats say he should continue running, while only a third of White and Hispanic Democrats say the same.

Younger Democrats are more likely to want Biden to withdraw from the race. Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to 57% of those over the age of 45.

Thirty-seven percent of Democrats are satisfied with Biden as their party’s nominee. Before last month’s debate, 42% were satisfied. Meanwhile, the number of Democrats who are dissatisfied has grown from 38% to 48%.

In contrast, about 6 in 10 Republicans continue to be satisfied with Trump, while roughly a quarter are dissatisfied with him at the top of the Republican ticket.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Biden
    shecky said:

Thomas Matthew Crooks’ parents were looking for him on Saturday in the hours leading up to the Trump rally shooting and eventually called law enforcement to indicate that he was missing and they were worried, Fox News has learned.  

It’s unclear what his parents told authorities, but the call happened on Saturday before Crooks later opened fire at Trump during the rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. 

The parents are being cooperative with authorities and the FBI is still trying to determine a motive for the attack, sources also told Fox News. 

Fox News' David Spunt and Jake Gibson contributed to this report.

Posted by Greg Norman
    The details that emerge are always the most interesting. Parent's calling cops, the kid acting weird near the metal detectors, etc.

I still can't understand how tRump was on that stage. You would think that the cop that made the first contact with the shooter would have been able to immediately alert everyone involved. The SS should have had him off that stage before any shots were taken.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Biden
    shecky said:

new poll released on Wednesday found that 65% of Democrats say President Biden should drop out following his disastrous debate performance against former President Trump. 

The AP-NORC survey – which was conducted July 11-15, mostly completed before the attempted assassination of Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend – found that 7 in 10 adults, including 65% of Democrats, say Biden should withdraw and allow his party to select a different nominee.

Overall, 57% of adults say Trump should withdraw from the race and allow his party to name a replacement. But Trump is maintaining support from his party, with 73% of Republicans saying he should stay in the race.

Biden is facing more resistance from his party, with only 35% of Democrats saying he should continue his re-election campaign. 

The survey found that more people view Biden as honest than those who feel the same way as Trump, but Trump is more likely to be seen as capable of winning in November and better able to handle a crisis, according to the Associated Press. 

Black Democrats are among Biden’s strongest supporters. Half of Black Democrats say he should continue running, while only a third of White and Hispanic Democrats say the same.

Younger Democrats are more likely to want Biden to withdraw from the race. Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to 57% of those over the age of 45.

Thirty-seven percent of Democrats are satisfied with Biden as their party’s nominee. Before last month’s debate, 42% were satisfied. Meanwhile, the number of Democrats who are dissatisfied has grown from 38% to 48%.

In contrast, about 6 in 10 Republicans continue to be satisfied with Trump, while roughly a quarter are dissatisfied with him at the top of the Republican ticket.

I'm more interested in hearing about the differences between male and female politicians, and what is acceptable.  Can you talk more about what you know about Kamala's sex life?  Like the far right wing, do you also call the team "Biden and the Ho"?
    Biden
    Adam Schiff matters.  It's a big deal.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    Biden
    shecky said:

Why no source? 

Nevvvvvvver mind.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    Biden

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

Biden
    shecky said:

This is all very confusing.  Every time there is a mass shooting, I hear the right wing say the problem is that it was a "gun free" zone and only the good guys follow the law.  So the question is, why is it a problem for this guy, or anyone to carry a weapon at Trump's political rallies?  What, we check our 2A rights at the door?  That doesn't make any sense and it isn't consistent with the talking points after school, church and other public shootings.  Maybe you can explain why guns are good for everywhere except around Trump rallies.  

This is fascinating.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    Biden
    How is it fascinating? It’s a guy that moved his head while speaking and avoided something hitting it. This happens in literally everyday life. “Wow, if I hadn’t moved my foot at that second, those scissors would have severed my toe”. Those circumstances happen literally every day to everyone on earth. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,029
    Biden
    How is it fascinating? It’s a guy that moved his head while speaking and avoided something hitting it. This happens in literally everyday life. “Wow, if I hadn’t moved my foot at that second, those scissors would have severed my toe”. Those circumstances happen literally every day to everyone on earth. 
    easy now, you are cutting into the narrative that trump is a: superman, and b: an angel's hand came down from heaven and deflected the bullet from hitting his head.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

This is all very confusing.  Every time there is a mass shooting, I hear the right wing say the problem is that it was a "gun free" zone and only the good guys follow the law.  So the question is, why is it a problem for this guy, or anyone to carry a weapon at Trump's political rallies?  What, we check our 2A rights at the door?  That doesn't make any sense and it isn't consistent with the talking points after school, church and other public shootings.  Maybe you can explain why guns are good for everywhere except around Trump rallies.  
    You're not suggesting ol' sheck here is making a disingenuous argument, are ya?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    I'm sitting this one out
    It's fascinating in that a last second turn to a teleprompter was the difference between life and death
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    It's fascinating in that a last second turn to a teleprompter was the difference between life and death
    Yeah, like I said, this kind of stuff literally happens every minute. Nothing fascinating about it. Happenstance. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    What's fascinating to me is that he did not even require stitches, yet wears an enormous bandage. 
    www.myspace.com
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    What's fascinating to me is that he did not even require stitches, yet wears an enormous bandage. 
    Well, at least now he has an excuse other than narcissism for not listening to right-hand men. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    pjl44 said:
    Yeah, that's it. Seems to have gone over everybody else's head.
    Biden
    benjs said:
    Well, at least now he has an excuse other than narcissism for not listening to right-hand men. 
    HA!

That's a bingo. Well done. 
    www.myspace.com

Would-be Trump assassin ID’d as ‘suspicious’ over an hour before shooting: source.

The gunman who attempted to assassinate former President Trump on Saturday was identified as suspicious by law enforcement more than an hour before he opened fire, Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., told Fox News after a briefing between Senate lawmakers and the U.S. Secret Service.

“He was identified as a character of suspicion because [he had] a rangefinder as well as a backpack. And this was over an hour before the shooting actually occurred,” Barrasso said. “So, you would think over the course of that hour, you shouldn't lose sight of the individual. Somebody ought to be following up on those sorts of things. No evidence of that happening at all.”

Fox News was told that the Secret Service was aware of the threat before Trump walked on stage and narrowly survived an assassination attempt.

A Secret Service agent in charge of security for the event was on the phone with local and state police about the threat while the shooting took place, Barrasso said.

Barrasso said there was no talk of reports that local officers engaged with the shooter before he opened fire.

"They shut it after just a couple of questions and didn't get to any of the meat of the matter," Barrasso said.

Barrasso called for U.S. Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle to resign.

"The American people shouldn't feel comfortable with this," Barrasso said. "This is a total failure [on behalf of] the Secret Service. We need replacement at the top."

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., who also took part in a briefing with the Secret Service and the FBI, said she was “appalled to learn the Secret Service knew about a threat prior to President Trump walking on stage.”

“I have no confidence in the leadership of Director Cheatle and believe it is in the best interest of our nation if she steps down from her position,” Blackburn wrote in a post on X

Fox News’ Aisha Hasnie contributed to this report.

Posted by Bradford Betz
    edited July 17
    Biden
    Wow so the secret service knew about it sheck?! Do you think they provided the ketchup packets as well?

BIG IF TRUE
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    Biden
    shecky said:

This is fascinating.

Except he wasn’t hit with a bullet,  a bullet would have ripped through and taken a piece of his ear off.  Supposedly it was a shard off the teleprompter that hit him 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,288
    Biden
    Can’t believe that secret service head hasn’t resigned 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Can’t believe that secret service head hasn’t resigned 
    Yeah, she’s embarrassing herself. She defends not putting anyone on that roof before it was sloped. The slop was pretty small and the anti-snipers were in a more sloped roof. She needs to go
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,029
    Biden
    did his head go back and to the left? would be consistent with a shot from the front right.

back and to the left

back and to the left

back and to the left

back

(dramatic pause)

and to the left.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,194
    From someone I know. Not that it’ll make a difference.

I am recirculating the column below, from March and June, because:

The future of American democracy is at risk and on the ballot right now. Let us all rally, organize, agitate, and recommit ourselves and our communities to this constitutional republic before it's too late.

The author served two Republican US senators and two Republican governors)

A charismatic extremist threatens the democratic order. His appeal is grounded in a far-right nationalism aimed at angry, aggrieved people. He exploits the electoral process and foments violence.  Political opponents are baffled and careless. An octogenarian president appears to be the bulwark against the threat of a would-be dictatorship.

This is a picture of America in the run-up to the 2024 election.  It is also the story of the rise of Adolf Hitler and the end of the Weimar Republic in 1929-33.

A comparison of the two eras is prompted by Donald Trump himself. Astoundingly he echoes the terrifying fanaticism of Hitler, dehumanizing adversaries as “vermin to be rooted out,”denigrating unwanted immigrants “poisoning the blood of our country,” and expressing admiration for Hitler’s “loyal generals.”

So, does the German road to fascism 90 years ago offer insights into America’s path today? Is the US sleepwalking through our version of the catastrophic Weimar period that brought fascism and disaster?

- - - - -

In 1923, Hitler, an embittered World War One veteran, staged the "Beer Hall Putsch," a brief, bloody attack on a German state government. Imprisoned for treason, he had succeeded in creating martyrs for his nascent extreme cause. But it was the scarcity and desperation of the Depression, beginning in 1929, that enabled Hitler's rise. One-third of the population was unemployed, support for extremists on the right and the left surged, and Germany’s first democratic government (named after the city of Weimar) foundered.

Hitler captivated crowds numbering in the tens of thousands, preaching betrayal by elites and victimization. In one election his previously fringe National Socialist German Workers' (Nazi) Party increased its seats in the parliament, the Reichstag, eightfold. Two million Nazi paramilitary “stormtroopers" harassed opposition political parties, unions, and, most ominously, Jews. Dozens were killed in riots.

Coalition governments were made feeble by gridlock fostered by Hitler. Conservatives, viewing the Nazis as a safeguard against communists, moved further to the right, seeking to coopt the popularity of the fascists. With the Reichstag paralyzed, President Paul von Hindenburg, an aristocratic 83-year-old war hero, could only rule through unilateral decrees.

In early 1933, hoping in vain that he could stave off Hitler, Hindenburg recklessly appointed the Nazi leader the chancellor of a final "government of national concentration.” The infamous "Reichstag fire” suspiciously destroyed the parliament weeks later. Creating evidence to implicate the communists, Hitler forced the enactment of a catastrophic "enabling act" giving him absolute power. Kit was the "most monstrous resolution ever demanded of a parliament," declared one failed chancellor.

Opposition parties were soon banned, and dissent was ended. The Weimar Republic died. The horrors of #Nazi Germany began and would last until 1945.

- - - -

The similarities between the advent of @German @fascism and the Trump phenomenon today -- alienation, xenophobia, personality cult, political @violence -- are striking, frightening, and perhaps suggestive of an American future.

@Trump openly aspires to be a dictator, but “only for one day,” though history clearly informs us that dictatorships are long-term. He has justified the “termination” of the @Constitution (to reverse the 2020 election), unilateral deployment of #federal troops into “Democrat-run” states, and the vengeful use of the @JusticeDepartment to persecute political enemies. He campaigns with a promise to pardon those rightfully convicted and imprisoned for his failed January 6 #coup.

The Trump #presidency and the @Capitol assault were episodes of “pre-insurgency” and “incipient conflict,” writes Barbara Walter, the author of How Civil Wars Start and How to Stop The Next who has advised the #CIA on foreign threats. Further erosion in @democratic institutions and increased support for #authoritarianism, she predicts, can bring “open conflict” in the US.

- - - - -

In 2012, esteemed political scholars @NormOrnstein and @ThomasMann wrote that “the @GOP has become an insurgent outlier in America @politics … ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence, and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of the political opposition.”

Twelve years later, Trump’s @MAGA @Republicans -- branded by insurrection, pledging allegiance to falsehoods, and practicing the routinization of radicalism -- are an ever-greater danger.

A reckoning is due. We must confront ruinous extremism and treacherous @partisanship at every juncture. It is imperative that adherence to our foundational democratic principles and to the #Constitution be absolute.

How can we, all of us, defend democracy in our daily lives?

1)    Be active in our neighborhoods and communities.

2)    Demand nonpartisan electoral reforms, such as fair political districting, open primaries, and campaign finance reform.

3)    Find, use, and support credible, independent, and nonpartisan sources of news.

4) Vote!

We are living a national nightmare. The future of #American #democracy is at risk and on the ballot. Let us all wake up, rapidly.

--- END ---

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 250
    edited July 18
    Biden
    did his head go back and to the left? would be consistent with a shot from the front right.

back and to the left

back and to the left

back and to the left

back

(dramatic pause)

and to the left.

If it was a magic loogie, FBI needs to have a chat with McDowell.
    Post edited by Spurs14 on
    Joey? Nope.
    Kammie? Nope.
    Gavin? Nope.
    Dr. Jill? Hmmm...