Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,032
    Maybe someone can explain what a "black" job is and what a "Hispanic" job is and while they're at it, tell me what a "white" job is. Just so we understand one another. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,921
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    pjl44 said:
    "Bad debate performance" is misinformation. He didn't say anything controversial or lose key points to the other candidate or whatever. He displayed dementia or something similar for a sustained period on national television.
    Well, of course I defer to Dr. pjl44's diagnosis.
    I may not know how to code it but it's not as ridiculous as still trying to euphemize it 
    I was not euphemizing anything. I called it as I saw it. I've observed Joe Biden a lot in the last four years, and I'm not about to declare that he has dementia based on 90 minutes of that debate. I saw a tired, flustered person who lost his train of thought rather embarrassingly a couple of times, but none of what I saw-- when combined with what I have seen since the spring of 2020-- leads me to think that he is actually suffering from dementia. It's an especially odd claim given that the other guy on stage with him comes across as utterly demented every time he opens his mouth, including in that debate. Apparently, being forcefully and constantly incoherent gets you a pass but being weakly and intermittently coherent is a five-alarm fire.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter if Biden is actually demented.* It matters that a lot of voters seem to believe that he is. The question that needs to be addressed is whether that perception can be altered at this point. If not, then alternatives need to be considered.

*Of course, it would matter if he actually were demented. But we're not going to be getting any such diagnosis from anyone who is actually in a position to offer a medically valid opinion.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    He is going to vow to keep on fighting until the very moment he drops out (if he does).  So no surprise on what is said. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,071
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    This could get interesting.  Gifted article (see link for full article)

Biden Told Ally That He Is Weighing Whether to Continue in the Race

The president’s conversation is the first indication that he is seriously considering whether he can recover after a devastating performance on the debate stage in Atlanta. A White House official said the claim was false.

With allies like that.....!

Not sure what you mean.
    He told someone this presumably in confidence and they ran to the NYT

Ah, yes, I see (sorry, I'm stressed and rather dense today, lol).  Yeah, good point.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    Maybe someone can explain what a "black" job is and what a "Hispanic" job is and while they're at it, tell me what a "white" job is. Just so we understand one another. 

Black job:  cleaning toilets, digging ditches.
    Hispanic jobs:  Picking produce in fields.
    White jobs:  Everything else that is respectful and pays well.

Come on man, you know how the hierarchy works.  It's how humans evolved.  Trump knows his shit, dude!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    I'd like Trump to explain how it is that one of the most intelligent people I have personally known is a black University professor, one of the most successful is a black lawyer, one of the greatest published writers I've met is an Hispanic poet (Gary Soto), and likely the most overall successful person in terms of position and wealth is a woman I know who is Indian (as in the country, India) .  An Indian AND a woman!  How the hell did that happen?

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    He is going to vow to keep on fighting until the very moment he drops out (if he does).  So no surprise on what is said. 

They need to keep up the pressure. The times poll today is a disaster. Trailing trump by six and 78% of independents believe Biden is not fit to be president. (74% overall). Not sure how he comes back from that, even if we get stellar economic news. Four years ago biden was up eight and barely won.

The way politics works now, Biden gets one more chance to prove he is fit, the debate in September. Nothing else gets nearly the audience and conventions mean nothing to most voters in this era. There is huge risk waiting for that one day to prove himself.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,943
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    I'd like Trump to explain how it is that one of the most intelligent people I have personally known is a black University professor, one of the most successful is a black lawyer, one of the greatest published writers I've met is an Hispanic poet (Gary Soto), and likely the most overall successful person in terms of position and wealth is a woman I know who is Indian (as in the country, India) .  An Indian AND a woman!  How the hell did that happen?
    I guess hard work pays off no matter who you are in this country? I guess this country isn’t as racist as some people constantly say? 
  • Options
    Michelle Obama ain’t walking through that door and even if she did, I’m not sure she’d beat POOTWH, particularly with Kamala remaining as the undercard. Better get used to and accept the fact that POOTWH is going to be re-elected and implement a fascist state. For what it’s worth:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/politics/cnn-poll-post-debate/index.html

She is actually the only democrat beating trump in a round of Ipsos polls. Plus eleven . Trump beats or is tied with every other dem.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

• Options
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    I guess hard work pays off no matter who you are in this country? I guess this country isn’t as racist as some people constantly say? 

That is very true in some parts of the country, less true in others.  But obviously racism is still a major issue in the U.S.   Any time you have a racist who is a major contender for the position of president, that country has a strong racist presence. 

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    Biden has been underestimated for a long time. First, Obama made the choice to give his support to Hillary Clinton over Biden as his successor. (Biden did not ultimately run in 2016, mostly due to the death of his son, but Obama's decision was also a factor.) In the 2020 Democratic primaries, Biden was written off as old and out of touch with the imagined progressive base of the party. After Iowa and New Hampshire, he was written off. Then he won the nomination going away because he was always the best candidate and was always the candidate who was most in synch with the actual Democratic base, which is not progressives on Twitter. Then he beat Trump easily in the general election. He's still the only person to beat Trump (other than in individual state primaries or caucuses).

I'm not stating a position here on whether Biden should stay in the race or not. I'm just pointing out that, from his perspective and the perspective of his closest advisors, this is surely part of the analysis.

The contrast between Democrats wetting the bed over a bad debate performance and Republicans not even blinking when their guy foments an insurrection, refuses to concede the election, and gets convicted of 34 felony counts-- and rambles incoherently and lies throughout the same debate that Biden tanked-- is striking.

I don’t believe Biden has dementia, but he came across in the debate  as possibly having dementia, and definitely came across as incapable of doing the job.  I will vote for him, but I turned the debate off in five minutes because he looked and sounded that bad, and I didn’t want my wife yelling at me at how terrible Biden was, and she is more liberal than me. She has been saying for months Biden is not fit to beat trump.

A few days ago I spoke with my Aunt who is a few years older than Biden. She sounded one hundred percent sharper and smarter than Biden did. Yes that was not on national TV with intense pressure, but Biden is trained to handle that or should have been. I’m not sure of who I fear more, Biden, or democratic political leadership, who don’t seem to be able to run an effective campaign since Obama. The Covid campaign was a fluke, and they got very lucky.

And the excuse given that he had a cold is absurd. He could have started the debate with a joke about being sick and completely diffused that problem.

• Options
    Biden
    BF25394 said:
    Biden has been underestimated for a long time. First, Obama made the choice to give his support to Hillary Clinton over Biden as his successor. (Biden did not ultimately run in 2016, mostly due to the death of his son, but Obama's decision was also a factor.) In the 2020 Democratic primaries, Biden was written off as old and out of touch with the imagined progressive base of the party. After Iowa and New Hampshire, he was written off. Then he won the nomination going away because he was always the best candidate and was always the candidate who was most in synch with the actual Democratic base, which is not progressives on Twitter. Then he beat Trump easily in the general election. He's still the only person to beat Trump (other than in individual state primaries or caucuses).

I'm not stating a position here on whether Biden should stay in the race or not. I'm just pointing out that, from his perspective and the perspective of his closest advisors, this is surely part of the analysis.

The contrast between Democrats wetting the bed over a bad debate performance and Republicans not even blinking when their guy foments an insurrection, refuses to concede the election, and gets convicted of 34 felony counts-- and rambles incoherently and lies throughout the same debate that Biden tanked-- is striking.

I don’t believe Biden has dementia, but he came across in the debate  as possibly having dementia, and definitely came across as incapable of doing the job.  I will vote for him, but I turned the debate off in five minutes because he looked and sounded that bad, and I didn’t want my wife yelling at me at how terrible Biden was, and she is more liberal than me. She has been saying for months Biden is not fit to beat trump.

A few days ago I spoke with my Aunt who is a few years older than Biden. She sounded one hundred percent sharper and smarter than Biden did. Yes that was not on national TV with intense pressure, but Biden is trained to handle that or should have been. I’m not sure of who I fear more, Biden, or democratic political leadership, who don’t seem to be able to run an effective campaign since Obama. The Covid campaign was a fluke, and they got very lucky.

And the excuse given that he had a cold is absurd. He could have started the debate with a joke about being sick and completely diffused that problem.

What exactly is dementia?

I know what it is.  Both my mother and her sister, my aunt, died from complications due to Alzheimer's. But what I'm getting at is that dementia is at its most basic, brain aging, and it comes in many forms and at many rates of change.  The Alzheimer's organization says that, "When you met someone with Alzheimer's, you've met one person with Alzheimer's", meaning every single case is unique at some level.

My father lived to be 94 and up until the last couple of years of his life, he served as a deacon for the Presbyterian Church.  His years of experiences and knowledge were well respected and he was consulted frequently.  My mother, on the other hand, was pretty much "out of it" by her early 80s (but as lovable as ever!)

I hope this fiasco leads some some changes, like mandatory cognitive testing for all candidates for important political positions.   I'm not sure an age limit is a good idea, however.  Should my father have been let go as a Deacon when he reached 80?  85? 90?

But we should start testing these candidates.  Both Biden and Trump should be tested.  I can understand questioning if either one is mentally fit for the job. (I still say, Biden is by far the least dangerous.)

• Options
    Biden
    Lerxst1992 said:

They need to keep up the pressure. The times poll today is a disaster. Trailing trump by six and 78% of independents believe Biden is not fit to be president. (74% overall). Not sure how he comes back from that, even if we get stellar economic news. Four years ago biden was up eight and barely won.

You're referring to a popular-vote margin there, and Biden did not "barely" win the popular vote in 2020. He won by 4.5 points and 7 million votes. He also (and, obviously, more importantly) won the electoral vote by 74 votes.
  • Options
    Biden
    BF25394 said:

You watched five minutes of the debate and from this determined that he is not fit to beat Trump? That is ridiculous.

And there have been exactly two presidential general-election campaigns since Obama, one of which was won by a Democrat-- by this Democrat, in fact-- and you just write it off as a fluke? Biden also beat a lot of other shinier, fresher political figures to secure that nomination, despite being dismissed by pundits until South Carolina showed that he was a much stronger candidate than they realized. Then again, these pundits are the same people who continue to say that Democrats "won" the 2022 midterms even though Republicans won the majority of House seats, the majority of votes cast for the House, and 21 of 35 Senate races that were contested. The only thing Democrats beat in 2022 were expectations, but the expectations are completely ephemeral and invented by the same pundits who then judge the election against them.
  • Options
    Biden
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

You watched five minutes of the debate and from this determined that he is not fit to beat Trump? That is ridiculous.

And there have been exactly two presidential general-election campaigns since Obama, one of which was won by a Democrat-- by this Democrat, in fact-- and you just write it off as a fluke? Biden also beat a lot of other shinier, fresher political figures to secure that nomination, despite being dismissed by pundits until South Carolina showed that he was a much stronger candidate than they realized. Then again, these pundits are the same people who continue to say that Democrats "won" the 2022 midterms even though Republicans won the majority of House seats, the majority of votes cast for the House, and 21 of 35 Senate races that were contested. The only thing Democrats beat in 2022 were expectations, but the expectations are completely ephemeral and invented by the same pundits who then judge the election against them.
    It was super aggravating to me that Biden lost opportunities to really land body blows on Trump.  For example, Trump never answered the question about his support for Ukraine and whether they should cede territory.  This, along with NATO protection broadly, are at the very top of issues for me personally.  And Biden never effectively attacked Trump avoiding that question.  It was malpractice in a debate.  When he was a younger man, that would have never happened.  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

It was super aggravating to me that Biden lost opportunities to really land body blows on Trump.  For example, Trump never answered the question about his support for Ukraine and whether they should cede territory.  This, along with NATO protection broadly, are at the very top of issues for me personally.  And Biden never effectively attacked Trump avoiding that question.  It was malpractice in a debate.  When he was a younger man, that would have never happened.  
    It was a really bad performance. I have not said otherwise.
  • Options
    edited July 4
    BF25394 said:
    Lerxst1992 said:

You're referring to a popular-vote margin there, and Biden did not "barely" win the popular vote in 2020. He won by 4.5 points and 7 million votes. He also (and, obviously, more importantly) won the electoral vote by 74 votes.

My greater point is that Trump clearly outperformed polls in 2020 and 2016, that’s why I  referred to the 538 polling average of Biden +8 in 2020. Biden did not win the popular vote by +8, as we know is meaningless in our EC system. Since the popular vote was +4 Biden, its estimated trump beat the polls by four percent.

Let me say it better..biden was +4 in the 2020 popular vote which equated to the tiniest of margins on the swing state level - 44k swing state votes to trump would have turned the election against Biden.

Which is all kind of meaningless given that times poll today. I don’t see how Biden is coming back when 80% of independents currently believe he is unfit for office. That’s overwhelming 

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,032
    Did someone mention electric boats and sharks? Anyone?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8U_4KfJKy6/?igsh=NWNuYTd2NWl5c3c0
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 4
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

It was a fluke because of Covid, sorry if I was not clear about that. There were no real rallies. Not alot of traveling required compared to the usual campaign. It was a very atypical campaign. Plus the historic amount of mail in votes benefitted the democrats enormously.

And please don’t call me ridiculous because that’s what I have a wife for. That was the key for me turning off the debate so quickly. Wifey was on her way home and I knew the tv was getting screamed at if she saw one minute of that Biden Sh!t Show. Please reread my original comment on that.

Biden was that bad at the debate, despite you raising a few correct points about 2020. Clyburn and SC resurrected his 2020 campaign. But this is not a primary, and trump is a more skilled campaigner than any of the democrats in that primary.

and then there is  the 80% of independents believing Biden unfit to serve in todays times poll. I’m very curious if any candidate ever beat a daunting poll such as that this far into the campaign.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Biden

And people are freaking out because Biden spaces out for a few moments?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 351
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

That is very true in some parts of the country, less true in others.  But obviously racism is still a major issue in the U.S.   Any time you have a racist who is a major contender for the position of president, that country has a strong racist presence. 
    Shit for Brains Joe has had some wing-dingers over the years to assist w/ this “Strong Racist Presence”….Here are just a few below for y’all fact checkers…lol.  Anyone buy their plane tickets yet for mid November?  Venezuela is nice that time of year..
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

Shit for Brains Joe has had some wing-dingers over the years to assist w/ this “Strong Racist Presence”….Here are just a few below for y’all fact checkers…lol.  Anyone buy their plane tickets yet for mid November?  Venezuela is nice that time of year..
    Linda,,I didn't realize you supported busing. This is a very surprising revelation. 

Would you like more than 3 racist things Trump has said? I don't think we need to go back to 77 to find them. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    edited July 4
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

Linda,,I didn't realize you supported busing. This is a very surprising revelation. 

Would you like more than 3 racist things Trump has said? I don't think we need to go back to 77 to find them. 
    The grifter-n-chief could be standing in front of her spewing more of his bs, dogwhistles, and lies and she and those like her would hear it and say that he not only never said it but that they agree with him.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,429
    Biden
    brianlux said:

And people are freaking out because Biden spaces out for a few moments?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
    Here’s the difference though: Trump says this crazy shit at his cult rallies which Fox News won’t even broadcast. The only people seeing/hearing this are the cult members who are there or tuning in via the Right Side Broadcast Network YouTube page, or hyper online Twitter users. The general, run or the mill, American is not.

Biden on the other hand, blew it in front of the general, run of the mill Americans on a nationally broadcast debate that all available media covered and reported on. Everyone saw it and continues to see it.
  • Options
    edited July 4
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

What exactly is dementia?

I know what it is.  Both my mother and her sister, my aunt, died from complications due to Alzheimer's. But what I'm getting at is that dementia is at its most basic, brain aging, and it comes in many forms and at many rates of change.  The Alzheimer's organization says that, "When you met someone with Alzheimer's, you've met one person with Alzheimer's", meaning every single case is unique at some level.

My father lived to be 94 and up until the last couple of years of his life, he served as a deacon for the Presbyterian Church.  His years of experiences and knowledge were well respected and he was consulted frequently.  My mother, on the other hand, was pretty much "out of it" by her early 80s (but as lovable as ever!)

I hope this fiasco leads some some changes, like mandatory cognitive testing for all candidates for important political positions.   I'm not sure an age limit is a good idea, however.  Should my father have been let go as a Deacon when he reached 80?  85? 90?

But we should start testing these candidates.  Both Biden and Trump should be tested.  I can understand questioning if either one is mentally fit for the job. (I still say, Biden is by far the least dangerous.)

I also lost a parent to complications from dementia. It is a horrible experience.  As I said before, I don’t believe Biden has dementia. I do believe it’s nearly impossible to win when 80% of independents believe he is unfit to serve.

Candidates can come back from serious problems, such as the brilliance of the USSC granting trump magical immunity powers that will possibly clear him of his 34 convictions.

But coming back from the worst debate performance in history? There is only one debate remaining and it is not very likely Biden can accomplish everything needed, including outdebating trump and sounding and looking sharp for two hours.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:

Here’s the difference though: Trump says this crazy shit at his cult rallies which Fox News won’t even broadcast. The only people seeing/hearing this are the cult members who are there or tuning in via the Right Side Broadcast Network YouTube page, or hyper online Twitter users. The general, run or the mill, American is not.

Biden on the other hand, blew it in front of the general, run of the mill Americans on a nationally broadcast debate that all available media covered and reported on. Everyone saw it and continues to see it.
    Dead on.  None of the crazy things get any air time
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Dead on.  None of the crazy things get any air time

But…every little misstep by Biden turns into a social M nightmare short video on TikTok or IG reels. I thought Bidens first term was impressive but he  has changed this year and the debate was…

I am barely on social M and since the debate nightmare I’ve seen the trump forces turning innocent things…Biden walking in a different direction than directed to…having issue getting on a jacket…dropping his sunglasses…into a 30 second loop that makes him look unfit to serve. These videos are endless and Biden can not reach these voters thru conventional means. The damage has already been done by him and his team. And it will fester for three months due to perhaps the biggest blunder ever by democratic leadership.

None of these images should have been on video.

since Obama’s two main guys retired, democratic general election campaigning has been a dumpster fire, outside of the Covid miracle that helped Biden win last time. Every move Biden makes on camera and every word he says should be scripted like a Hollywood production (exactly what I accused the gops doing w Reagan 40 years ago ;) )

At the debate  Biden should have had twenty key points memorized. He should have been instructed not to stray from that list. Also his tone and delivery should have been better managed. Instead, he was clearly overloaded with data and tried “sprinting” thru hundreds of meaningless detailed specifics, and today Americans are wondering where the “trillionaires” are living. 

And another huge blunder by his team. An early June debate with no follow-up for three months. It may be impossible to get that image out of voter minds with three months of his blunders rummaging thru everyone’s social M feeds. A mistake this colonial by a management team has not been made before 

that decision was made by a team of over confident leadership. Smells more like Hilary’s team than Obamas. 80% say he is unfit. And now his team is trying to white wash us that he is fit? MAGA approves.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,504