Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    If this is true I would be off the Biden train.
    It's basically a guy who can actually do the job, with one accusation verses a guy, who with a second term might very well end the world with twenty times as many accusations.

It's not even a question in my mind .
    If this is true, it's not just an accusation anymore. That's an important point and key to what I'm saying.
    If you assume this one is true, would you then not have to assume the 20+ Trump accusations are true too? 

I mean there really is no way of knowing for sure either way. But it's like Al Franken verse Bill Cosby to some extent here....one is clearly worse than the other in my mind. 

I'm not assuming anything. I'm saying that if we FIND OUT THAT THIS IS TRUE then I won't be voting for Biden. Full stop.
    Yeah but what if we find out Trump's 20+ accusations are true though? To make it fair, what would you do in that situation? 

We're talking about a he said/she said from 30 years ago (and in Trump's case within the last 10-15 years). We will never know for sure either way. 

"Yeah but Trump" is not going to work here. If we find out that Biden did this, he should not be the nominee. None of us should have to vote for him to defeat Trump.
    there's that purity test again.
    Yes, you do need to be little more pure than a known sex offender. And if this turns out to be true, that's what he'll be.
    Why are you afraid to answer my question? I'll ask again:

What if we find out this accusation is true....and then we also find out all of Trump's 25 accusations are true.

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing not to vote for someone who potentially assaults women, 1 or 20 it doesn't matter.
    Even if it leads to the total destruction of our democracy?

Welp, that's on you guys then!

That's just shitty. Why can't we as a country renounce them both if that's the case? My god we're a pathetic bunch if that's the option we leave for this country.
    It is shitty but it's the cost of doing business, as Saul Berensen would say.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Here we are trying to get excited for a person who can defeat trump and this thread is just about putting fellow PJ members on a hate list.  
  • Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    It's basically a guy who can actually do the job, with one accusation verses a guy, who with a second term might very well end the world with twenty times as many accusations.

If this is true, it's not just an accusation anymore. That's an important point and key to what I'm saying.
    If you assume this one is true, would you then not have to assume the 20+ Trump accusations are true too? 

I mean there really is no way of knowing for sure either way. But it's like Al Franken verse Bill Cosby to some extent here....one is clearly worse than the other in my mind. 

I'm not assuming anything. I'm saying that if we FIND OUT THAT THIS IS TRUE then I won't be voting for Biden. Full stop.
    Yeah but what if we find out Trump's 20+ accusations are true though? To make it fair, what would you do in that situation? 

We're talking about a he said/she said from 30 years ago (and in Trump's case within the last 10-15 years). We will never know for sure either way. 

"Yeah but Trump" is not going to work here. If we find out that Biden did this, he should not be the nominee. None of us should have to vote for him to defeat Trump.
    Yes, you do need to be little more pure than a known sex offender. And if this turns out to be true, that's what he'll be.

What if we find out this accusation is true....and then we also find out all of Trump's 25 accusations are true.

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing not to vote for someone who potentially assaults women, 1 or 20 it doesn't matter.

Only time will tell and nothing is decided yet. Live in the now, all of the what ifs you are fretting about may not happen.

Spoken like someone who's not afraid of a second term of Donald Trump....

God speed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Jason P said:
    Here we are trying to get excited for a person who can defeat trump and this thread is just about putting fellow PJ members on a hate list.  
    Is that what you think this is, Jason?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    I assume most of Trump's are true. He's scum and a nonstarter for me. So I do expect the Democrats to run someone who isn't just 1/25th as bad. Trump assaulting 25 women doesn't make your choice of nominee any more appealing because he only assaulted one.

Democrats are hell bent on proving we need a third party.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    Also, "Do you assault women?" is not a purity test. It's a litmus test.

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,222
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

Only time will tell and nothing is decided yet. Live in the now, all of the what ifs you are fretting about may not happen.

God speed. 
    Since you seem to have a crystal ball and have seen life in 2024 after a potential second term. Care to share what it looks like so we can revisit when the time actually comes? I have enough to worry about, playing Nostradamus is not on the top of my priorities. You voters seem to be doing a great job already, thank you!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Would you vote for Biden if it's never proven to be true?

Not proven to be false. Just never proven to be true.
    I'm not voting for Biden either way 
    What would it take to get you to vote for Biden?
    Pick Jared Polis as VP? The Democrats this cycle, Biden included, haven't really focused on issues that I look to them for - less militarism, criminal justice reform, drug policy. There's been much more of a focus on stuff I disagree with - government run health care to varying degrees, student loan forgiveness, etc. A lot of stuff that I think is bad economic policy.
    Thx for thoughtful answer.

What would it take to get you to vote for Trump?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    Not vote and protest along with the many others that would be out on the streets pissed that we have voted for the lesser of two evils for so long that we had the “choice” of which sex offender would be the president.
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

God speed. 
    Since you seem to have a crystal ball and have seen life in 2024 after a potential second term. Care to share what it looks like so we can revisit when the time actually comes? I have enough to worry about, playing Nostradamus is not on the top of my priorities. You voters seem to be doing a great job already, thank you!
    You seem to have one too, since you're not concerned about a second term of Trump.

Given what we've seen over the last few years, I'd say the odds of things ending badly outweigh your rosy outlook....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    I assume most of Trump's are true. He's scum and a nonstarter for me. So I do expect the Democrats to run someone who isn't just 1/25th as bad. Trump assaulting 25 women doesn't make your choice of nominee any more appealing because he only assaulted one.

Totally agree on a third party. I'm not even a democrat. I'm an independent who recognizes the clear and present danger of a second term of Trump. So you gotta weigh your options, as ugly as they might be. One is clearly better than the other...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

Pick Jared Polis as VP? The Democrats this cycle, Biden included, haven't really focused on issues that I look to them for - less militarism, criminal justice reform, drug policy. There's been much more of a focus on stuff I disagree with - government run health care to varying degrees, student loan forgiveness, etc. A lot of stuff that I think is bad economic policy.

I can't think of anything that could get me to vote for Trump
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    Not vote and protest along with the many others that would be out on the streets pissed that we have voted for the lesser of two evils for so long that we had the “choice” of which sex offender would be the president.
    You make it seem like we've never had that "choice" before? Kind of naive of you, one would say...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

Predictable. I would never vote for trump. “Well not voting for biden is a vote for trump!” Clip-clop
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

a lobotomy? 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    You make it seem like we've never had that "choice" before? Kind of naive of you, one would say...
    To my knowledge in my lifetime we have not ever had convicted sex offenders on the ballot for President.  At the risk of dating myself my first election was in 2000.  So please elaborate on when USA had to vote between two convicted sex offenders for president.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

a lobotomy? 
    More likely a Green vote in that scenario 
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

God speed. 
    You seem to have one too, since you're not concerned about a second term of Trump.

Given what we've seen over the last few years, I'd say the odds of things ending badly outweigh your rosy outlook....
    My outlook comes from a position that does not see myself as being in a true position to change any of it. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

Totally agree on a third party. I'm not even a democrat. I'm an independent who recognizes the clear and present danger of a second term of Trump. So you gotta weigh your options, as ugly as they might be. One is clearly better than the other...

Oh, absolutely agree one is better than the other. I don't believe we'll ever know for sure what, if anything, happened between Biden and Reade, and I'm still not convinced this kind of skeleton would stay hidden for this long in his closet. If the election were today he would get my vote.

• Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    To my knowledge in my lifetime we have not ever had convicted sex offenders on the ballot for President.  At the risk of dating myself my first election was in 2000.  So please elaborate on when USA had to vote between two convicted sex offenders for president.
    We still don't.  
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

a lobotomy? 
    Ouch..don't pick on the greens!  
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:

a lobotomy? 
    Ouch..don't pick on the greens!  
    I'll admit it was a cheap shot. Although, few things would bring me greater joy than seeing them nominate Jesse Ventura.
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    We still don't.  
    I never said we did. I was playing along with the imaginary scenario.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

That's just shitty. Why can't we as a country renounce them both if that's the case? My god we're a pathetic bunch if that's the option we leave for this country.
    this is our reality. if we do not run biden, trump will run and he will win. we are going up against a cult of truebelievers who would rather run the country into the ground.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    Well, we won't have convicted sex offenders on the ballot this year either.   

We have had nominees that have had accusations thrown their way before though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

God speed. 

My outlook comes from a position that does not see myself as being in a true position to change any of it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Your vote doesn't matter. Got it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    We still don't.  
    Except...you added the word "convicted," for some reason, which is obviously an enormous difference. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    We still don't.  
    Except...you added the word "convicted," for some reason, which is obviously an enormous difference. 
    The original premise was if we found this and all of trumps accusations to be true, no?  Well being true would have to be proven and my understanding (not a lawyer) is that in America unless something can be proven legally in this case it isn’t true. So in the imaginary scenario for the accusations to be true wouldn’t both candidates have been found guilty and been convicted of being sex offenders. I didn’t add anything, the premise is that they are convicted by virtue of the truth of their guilt.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?

Nah...they're hell-bent on proving we need a second party.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Both are the nominees.

What would you do?
    We still don't.  
    The original premise was if we found this and all of trumps accusations to be true, no?  Well being true would have to be proven and my understanding (not a lawyer) is that in America unless something can be proven legally in this case it isn’t true. So in the imaginary scenario for the accusations to be true wouldn’t both candidates have been found guilty and been convicted of being sex offenders. I didn’t add anything, the premise is that they are convicted by virtue of the truth of their guilt.
    Nah.

That's precisely not what the premise was. If Trump or Biden were found guilty by a court of law, neither party would nominate them. I don't believe it's even possible in this case due statute of limitations. 

The question was simply if we knew Biden's accusation was true and Trump's 25 accusations were true....what would you do? 

And again, we've had nominees run for president with similar accusations before.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg