Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

@Halifax2TheMax - you still stand by these posts?

@mrussel1 you still stand by Biden in this and that her accusations could just be about touching her neck?
    I said yesterday that this was the strongest corroboration,  but it's still not evidence.  Second,  I don't understand how she respects him if he raped her.  I asked you that twice and you haven't helped me square that 
    Her mother said "out of respect for" and not "because she respects him". 

Or am I wrong?

And I don't feel the need to go some "The T-800 before they turn on the switch that makes him being able to learn human behavior" level and question why and how a sexual assault victim did not behave in the way, you or I find "logical". 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? A naked Arnold, before entering the bar and getting clothes, boots and a motorcycle would not understand that.

But an Arnold switch to learn how humans work, I reckon would. 

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel yourself has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him during the late 80s/early 90s -- but was anything out of the ordinary. That is how men were joking, or whatever you defended him with.

Now delve into that culture a bit more, and put yourself in a woman's shoes being in that world. Just look at Anita Hill. Then look at Biden during the Anita Hill hearings. Then back at Anita Hill again.
    1. "out of respect for the senator" means she respects the senator.  It's the same statement.  In English, there isn't a different, it's just a sentence construct. 

Seems there is. 

Not to go inside Taras head and trying to figure out what happened between her telling her mom and mom talking and perheps condensing things about it on the phone with Larry King -- but out of respect for, I could imagine could be about destroying his life, destroying his job as a senator, causing problems for him and his family etc. 

And also, you did not respond:

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? 
    What’s changed? From the Julian Assange thread:

Not seeing the point you are trying to make.
    Point out anyone saying he (Biden) has been found guilty in court? Was that really too difficult for you to understand?
    You are still not making sense. 

Why should I point out anyone saying Biden has been found guilty in court?

Because you did for Julian Asstrange who was "credibly" accused of rape. What has changed in the past year for you?
    I don't see how anything has changed?

Neither has been found guilty in court to my knowledge.

What is your point?

Please make sense. Or I will have to mute you (1 out of the limit of 5). This takes time.  Cut to the chase.
    Only if you promise to stop posting gifs and referencing that slime ball Aaaaaaahnold?

Because a year ago, you were opposed to trying Julian Asstrange on social media for the very credible allegation of rape. Now that its Sleepy Woke Joe, you're trying to hang him without any semblance of due process. I'm asking you why one and not the other?

And you still haven't answered my question about whether I could walk into a police station in Stockholm or anywhere else in Sweden and make an allegation of sexual assault, 8, 12 or 27 years after the alleged incident.
    1. When have I opposed anything against Julian Assange? 

2. I don't know the statute of limitation on sexual assault in Sweden. 

My question to you is - how much shame should a person feel for carrying water on internet forum for and "if the glove don't fit acquit-defending a person who's by all probable accounts is a "slime ball" and sexual assaulter instead of just admitting it is highly probable but seeing reasons to vote for the slime ball sexual assaulter anyway?

sorry, but at this time in history, in america we do not have time for your purity test. we either vote biden, or trump wins again. i do not see what is so difficult to comprehend. you can't vote here, so do not shame the rest of us for trying to improve our country.
    Post edited by Kat on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

@Kat and @Halifax2TheMax - you still stand by these posts?

@mrussel1 you still stand by Biden in this and that her accusations could just be about touching her neck?
    I said yesterday that this was the strongest corroboration,  but it's still not evidence.  Second,  I don't understand how she respects him if he raped her.  I asked you that twice and you haven't helped me square that 

Or am I wrong?

And I don't feel the need to go some "The T-800 before they turn on the switch that makes him being able to learn human behavior" level and question why and how a sexual assault victim did not behave in the way, you or I find "logical". 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? A naked Arnold, before entering the bar and getting clothes, boots and a motorcycle would not understand that.

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel yourself has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him during the late 80s/early 90s -- but was anything out of the ordinary. That is how men were joking, or whatever you defended him with.

Now delve into that culture a bit more, and put yourself in a woman's shoes being in that world. Just look at Anita Hill. Then look at Biden during the Anita Hill hearings. Then back at Anita Hill again.
    1. "out of respect for the senator" means she respects the senator.  It's the same statement.  In English, there isn't a different, it's just a sentence construct. 

Seems there is. 

Not to go inside Taras head and trying to figure out what happened between her telling her mom and mom talking and perheps condensing things about it on the phone with Larry King -- but out of respect for, I could imagine could be about destroying his life, destroying his job as a senator, causing problems for him and his family etc. 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? 

Point out anyone saying he (Biden) has been found guilty in court? Was that really too difficult for you to understand?

Because you did for Julian Asstrange who was "credibly" accused of rape. What has changed in the past year for you?

What is your point?

Please make sense. Or I will have to mute you (1 out of the limit of 5). This takes time.  Cut to the chase.
    Only if you promise to stop posting gifs and referencing that slime ball Aaaaaaahnold?

Because a year ago, you were opposed to trying Julian Asstrange on social media for the very credible allegation of rape. Now that its Sleepy Woke Joe, you're trying to hang him without any semblance of due process. I'm asking you why one and not the other?

And you still haven't answered my question about whether I could walk into a police station in Stockholm or anywhere else in Sweden and make an allegation of sexual assault, 8, 12 or 27 years after the alleged incident.

My question to you is - how much shame should a person feel for carrying water on internet forum for and "if the glove don't fit acquit-defending a person who's by all probable accounts is a "slime ball" and sexual assaulter instead of just admitting it is highly probable but seeing reasons to vote for the slime ball sexual assaulter anyway?

sorry, but at this time in history, in america we do not have time for your purity test. we either vote biden, or trump wins again. i do not see what is so difficult to comprehend. you can't vote here, so do not shame the rest of us for trying to improve our country.
    Exactly. Well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,592
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

When did I ever put up a purity test?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

No more than you expressing adulation for Aaaaaaaaaahnold the Impregnator.
    Again, are you deflecting?

My question stands:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

When did I ever put up a purity test?
    that is all you are doing. questioning us about voting for biden due to allegations against him. you are trying to impose some purity test on a potential leader of a country that you do not live in. you are trying to call us hypocrites. you can opine all you want, but our priority is to get trump out of office. period.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,781
    Biden
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,454
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

By calling it a purity test, are you saying you'd still vote for Biden if it turns out to be true?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    At worst we would survive a Biden presidency.  At best, we would suffer untold horrors under a second Trump term.  The decision on who to vote for is easy.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Biden
    Have the Democrats officially cancelled their convention due to COVID?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,502
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

yeeeeeup.
    Post edited by Kat on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    At worst we would survive a Biden presidency.  At best, we would suffer untold horrors under a second Trump term.  The decision on who to vote for is easy.
    It should not even be a question to a reasonable person. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

By calling it a purity test, are you saying you'd still vote for Biden if it turns out to be true?
    I would. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    i absolutely would as well.

biden was not my first choice, or my 3rd, or my 10th. but he is the nominee and i will support our nominee. fuck trump.

• Options
    Biden
    If this is true I would be off the Biden train.

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 

biden was not my first choice, or my 3rd, or my 10th. but he is the nominee and i will support our nominee. fuck trump.
    JimmyV said:
    All defensible positions. I was just curious. 
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    It's basically a guy who can actually do the job, with one accusation verses a guy, who with a second term might very well end the world with twenty times as many accusations.

It's not even a question in my mind .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    I have not argued against this. In any way. Just to make sure on this forum.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    Anyone choosing not to vote for Biden is telling the world they're totally cool with a second term of Trump.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    It's basically a guy who can actually do the job, with one accusation verses a guy, who with a second term might very well end the world with twenty times as many accusations.

yes. the choice is trump, or any other capable human being.

if trump wins we deserve to witness the end of the country as we know it.

i am going to do my part to save the country from itself. that is the choice to ponder.

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:

If this is true, it's not just an accusation anymore. That's an important point and key to what I'm saying.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 

JimmyV said:
    Would you vote for Biden if it's never proven to be true?

Not proven to be false. Just never proven to be true.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 

JimmyV said:

I'm not voting for Biden either way 
  • Options
    Biden
    If.
    This.
    Is.
    True...

There's still time for the Democrats to do something about this. I have no idea what, but Biden won't officially be the nominee until this summer and the election isn't until the fall. Biden's name isn't written in blood anywhere.

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    If.
    This.
    Is.
    True...

There's still time for the Democrats to do something about this. I have no idea what, but Biden won't officially be the nominee until this summer and the election isn't until the fall. Biden's name isn't written in blood anywhere.
    no but trump's name is. he is their nominee. that is the low bar we have to leap. 

if biden is the nominee and he is guilty, i am still voting for him for no reason other than to vanquish trump and relegate his politics to the shitheap of american history.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 

JimmyV said:

What would it take to get you to vote for Biden?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    Anyone choosing not to vote for Biden is telling the world they're totally cool with a second term of Trump.
    I would have voted for Biden roughly 15 to 17 times in November if I was american.

Just want to make sure on this forum.

I wish everyone would. But I also believe that fundamentally no one in a democracy should be forced to vote for something. I think that goes against the very essence of democracy. So the better thing in "a perfect world" with a system with only two choices, would be for the Biden-voters to argue for and get 2-3 people to vote for him too, to cover up for those choosing to vote with their heart for something else (green party, vote blank etc). And respect that. 

But I also understand what is at stake "in the real world" come this fall.

Because believe it or not, but your choice of president affects the whole world ("leader of the free world", etc)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    Biden
    If you don't vote for Biden, you're increasing Trump's chances of securing a second term which would truly be disastrous.  I can't imagine why anyone would be OK with that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    We are unlikely to ever know for sure either way.

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

If this is true, it's not just an accusation anymore. That's an important point and key to what I'm saying.
    If you assume this one is true, would you then not have to assume the 20+ Trump accusations are true too? 

I mean there really is no way of knowing for sure either way. But it's like Al Franken verse Bill Cosby to some extent here....one is clearly worse than the other in my mind. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

I would. 

JimmyV said:

What would it take to get you to vote for Biden?
    Pick Jared Polis as VP? The Democrats this cycle, Biden included, haven't really focused on issues that I look to them for - less militarism, criminal justice reform, drug policy. There's been much more of a focus on stuff I disagree with - government run health care to varying degrees, student loan forgiveness, etc. A lot of stuff that I think is bad economic policy.