Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    The whole thing sucks.
    Attack Biden and it empowers an undoubtedly bigger abuser in Trump, which is fucking preposterous, but true.
    Do nothing and it makes you a hypocrite and enables abuse.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

@Halifax2TheMax - you still stand by these posts?

@mrussel1 you still stand by Biden in this and that her accusations could just be about touching her neck?
    I said yesterday that this was the strongest corroboration,  but it's still not evidence.  Second,  I don't understand how she respects him if he raped her.  I asked you that twice and you haven't helped me square that 
    Her mother said "out of respect for" and not "because she respects him". 

Or am I wrong?

And I don't feel the need to go some "The T-800 before they turn on the switch that makes him being able to learn human behavior" level and question why and how a sexual assault victim did not behave in the way, you or I find "logical". 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? A naked Arnold, before entering the bar and getting clothes, boots and a motorcycle would not understand that.

But an Arnold switch to learn how humans work, I reckon would. 

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel yourself has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him during the late 80s/early 90s -- but was anything out of the ordinary. That is how men were joking, or whatever you defended him with.

Now delve into that culture a bit more, and put yourself in a woman's shoes being in that world. Just look at Anita Hill. Then look at Biden during the Anita Hill hearings. Then back at Anita Hill again.
    1. "out of respect for the senator" means she respects the senator.  It's the same statement.  In English, there isn't a different, it's just a sentence construct. 
    2. Regarding your statement about the culture, I'm pointing out the facts, not casting judgment.  I don't think it's right using today's lens.  But at the same time, a person can't reverse time and change what they did.  So there has to be a culture of redemption in this country.  I'm not saying that about actual rape here, because that's a crime and has been a crime.  But stuff like Bloomberg or Northam, while vile using today's eyes, wasn't back then.  And don't think there are things you have said or done in the past ten years that won't be repulsive 20 years from now.  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,007
    mrussel1 said:

@Kat and @Halifax2TheMax - you still stand by these posts?

@mrussel1 you still stand by Biden in this and that her accusations could just be about touching her neck?
    I said yesterday that this was the strongest corroboration,  but it's still not evidence.  Second,  I don't understand how she respects him if he raped her.  I asked you that twice and you haven't helped me square that 

Or am I wrong?

And I don't feel the need to go some "The T-800 before they turn on the switch that makes him being able to learn human behavior" level and question why and how a sexual assault victim did not behave in the way, you or I find "logical". 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? A naked Arnold, before entering the bar and getting clothes, boots and a motorcycle would not understand that.

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel youserld has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him -- but was anything out of the ordinary.
    Or an Aaaaaahnold who impregnated his house keeper while married to Maria Shriver? And kept the child a secret until the house keeper wanted financial support for raising their child alone? That Aaaaaaaanold?
    Please don't quote me if you do not have anything of value to post. 

Thank you.
    How do you feel about aaaaaahnold impregnating his house keeper while married in the context of powerful men and women who work for them? Like Tara and Sleepy Woke Joe?

Nice deflection by the way.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,404
    Biden
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:
    Kavanaugh is a false equivalency. At the time of his nomination to the Supreme Court he was a relative unknown to most of us. Joe Biden is not. He has been a household name for decades, is a three time presidential candidate and a two term Vice President. He served in the US Senate for years. He has been vetted both by Republican opposition research and Obama's people before they put him on the ticket. Yet...this has never come up.

None of us know what happened, and maybe this is true, but comparing Biden to Kavanaugh and pretending they are the same is a convenient delusion. It will score you points when arguing on the internet, but that has never made anything true.
    Doesn't this make it even less fair to Kavanaugh? The moment he emerges on the national scene, he's accused of an alleged crime from decades ago. That being the FIRST thing many people heard regarding Brett Kavanaugh puts him way behind in the court of public opinion. Biden on the other hand, being a household name for decades, has built up enough good-will with the public that a sexual assault allegation is one of dozens (or maybe hundreds) of things we already know about him. Plus Joe has fans. And you know how defensive fans can be when when one of the people they admire get accused of something like this. Kobe Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger, Bill Cosby, Woody Allen.....they all had their defenders because prior to any allegations, people already liked their basketball playing/football playing/TV show/movies.

I think this Biden thing is very much like the Kavanaugh thing. An alleged incident from decades ago, that only came to light the moment he's about to ascend to the highest position in his profession.
    Kavanagh had more than one accuser. Also, Kavanagh was up for a lifetime appointment to the most powerful court in the country. I personally think the standards should be higher.

This allegation will go to the people for a vote, so I don't think these situations are the same.
    You're right, it's not the same. It won't even be considered in the November vote. I'd love to see Biden have to sit there like Kavanagh did at his confirmation hearing and answer questions. THEN the situations would be the same. 
    lets have the fbi conduct the same investigation then...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:
    Kavanaugh is a false equivalency. At the time of his nomination to the Supreme Court he was a relative unknown to most of us. Joe Biden is not. He has been a household name for decades, is a three time presidential candidate and a two term Vice President. He served in the US Senate for years. He has been vetted both by Republican opposition research and Obama's people before they put him on the ticket. Yet...this has never come up.

None of us know what happened, and maybe this is true, but comparing Biden to Kavanaugh and pretending they are the same is a convenient delusion. It will score you points when arguing on the internet, but that has never made anything true.
    Doesn't this make it even less fair to Kavanaugh? The moment he emerges on the national scene, he's accused of an alleged crime from decades ago. That being the FIRST thing many people heard regarding Brett Kavanaugh puts him way behind in the court of public opinion. Biden on the other hand, being a household name for decades, has built up enough good-will with the public that a sexual assault allegation is one of dozens (or maybe hundreds) of things we already know about him. Plus Joe has fans. And you know how defensive fans can be when when one of the people they admire get accused of something like this. Kobe Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger, Bill Cosby, Woody Allen.....they all had their defenders because prior to any allegations, people already liked their basketball playing/football playing/TV show/movies.

I think this Biden thing is very much like the Kavanaugh thing. An alleged incident from decades ago, that only came to light the moment he's about to ascend to the highest position in his profession.
    Kavanagh had more than one accuser. Also, Kavanagh was up for a lifetime appointment to the most powerful court in the country. I personally think the standards should be higher.

This allegation will go to the people for a vote, so I don't think these situations are the same.
    You're right, it's not the same. It won't even be considered in the November vote. I'd love to see Biden have to sit there like Kavanagh did at his confirmation hearing and answer questions. THEN the situations would be the same. 
    The FBI that report to Barr?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    rgambs said:
    The whole thing sucks.
    Attack Biden and it empowers an undoubtedly bigger abuser in Trump, which is fucking preposterous, but true.
    This is the best post in this thread. Finely,someone being objective and realistic. Instead of defensive and hypocritical. It’s a shitty situations. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,404
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:

exact same parameters.  Barr has nothing to with, just like doj didnt beyond hamstringing fbi per mcconnels wishes...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Biden
    People can call me a hypocrite or anything else they like, and I am under no illusion that this is not a terribly shitty situation. It sucks all around. But I'm not going to pretend that Kavanaugh and Biden are the same.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,594
    I'm sitting this one out
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    The whole thing sucks.
    This is the best post in this thread. Finely,someone being objective and realistic. Instead of defensive and hypocritical. It’s a shitty situations. 

But instead:

Believe women without a hesitation when it is a republican judge

Believe Biden without a hesitation, who evidently had no problems treating women (like Anita Hill) during this period like they were second grade humans and sexual harassment wasn't anything of note, because reasons.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    #ShouldaBeenWarren

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    I'm sitting this one out
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    The whole thing sucks.

But instead:

Believe women without a hesitation when it is a republican judge

Believe Biden without a hesitation, who evidently had no problems treating women (like Anita Hill) during this period like they were second grade humans and sexual harassment wasn't anything of note, because reasons.

I agree with you. I just don’t have the energy to argue with certain people here that are completely unable to have an unbiased outlook. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel yourself has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him during the late 80s/early 90s -- but was anything out of the ordinary. That is how men were joking, or whatever you defended him with.

Now delve into that culture a bit more, and put yourself in a woman's shoes being in that world. Just look at Anita Hill. Then look at Biden during the Anita Hill hearings. Then back at Anita Hill again.
    1. "out of respect for the senator" means she respects the senator.  It's the same statement.  In English, there isn't a different, it's just a sentence construct. 

Seems there is. 

Not to go inside Taras head and trying to figure out what happened between her telling her mom and mom talking and perheps condensing things about it on the phone with Larry King -- but out of respect for, I could imagine could be about destroying his life, destroying his job as a senator, causing problems for him and his family etc. 

And also, you did not respond:

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    So we can really only mute 5 people at a time? Asking for a friend.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    JimmyV said:
    Guess your friend is going to have to unmute me then.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    JimmyV said:
    I recommend starting here: 

This place has been great for me since these folks decided their opinions didn't matter anymore.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:

exact same parameters.  Barr has nothing to with, just like doj didnt beyond hamstringing fbi per mcconnels wishes...
    Bring it on. Will Tara allow herself to be interviewed by the FBI?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    JimmyV said:
    Guess your friend is going to have to unmute me then.

Rest assured you are not on my friend's list! (Or so he tells me...) :smiley:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Not to go inside Taras head and trying to figure out what happened between her telling her mom and mom talking and perheps condensing things about it on the phone with Larry King -- but out of respect for, I could imagine could be about destroying his life, destroying his job as a senator, causing problems for him and his family etc. 

My friends teenage sister got sexually assaulted at a party, and decided not to file charges because it would stir things up among their group of friends and she felt she would be responsible for causing a lot of problems for everyone involved -- even with her being a victim. Now tell me - why? 
    What’s changed? From the Julian Assange thread:

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    Biden

mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Should be noted again that YOU M. Ruseel youserld has said that at this time in history being a woman and being called "nothing but an oral sex machine" or whatever Bloomberg had said to women around him -- but was anything out of the ordinary.
    Or an Aaaaaahnold who impregnated his house keeper while married to Maria Shriver? And kept the child a secret until the house keeper wanted financial support for raising their child alone? That Aaaaaaaanold?
    Please don't quote me if you do not have anything of value to post. 

Thank you.
    pot meet kettle, haha.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    Biden
    rgambs said:
    The whole thing sucks.
    i agree. trump is my enemy though. i will vote for whomever is opposed to him and i will wear it and i will deal with the guilt i might feel.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I recommend starting here: 

This place has been great for me since these folks decided their opinions didn't matter anymore.  
    No one's opinion matters.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Not seeing the point you are trying to make.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Point out anyone saying he (Biden) has been found guilty in court? Was that really too difficult for you to understand?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Point out anyone saying he (Biden) has been found guilty in court? Was that really too difficult for you to understand?
    You are still not making sense. 

Why should I point out anyone saying Biden has been found guilty in court?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Because you did for Julian Asstrange who was "credibly" accused of rape. What has changed in the past year for you?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

Because you did for Julian Asstrange who was "credibly" accused of rape. What has changed in the past year for you?
    I don't see how anything has changed?

Neither has been found guilty in court to my knowledge.

What is your point?

Please make sense. Or I will have to mute you (1 out of the limit of 5). This takes time.  Cut to the "The T-1000 in the helicopter chasing after John, Sarah and Uncle Bob in the SWAT truck"-chase.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

Please make sense. Or I will have to mute you (1 out of the limit of 5). This takes time.  Cut to the chase.
    Only if you promise to stop posting gifs and referencing that slime ball Aaaaaaahnold?

Because a year ago, you were opposed to trying Julian Asstrange on social media for the very credible allegation of rape. Now that its Sleepy Woke Joe, you're trying to hang him without any semblance of due process. I'm asking you why one and not the other?

And you still haven't answered my question about whether I could walk into a police station in Stockholm or anywhere else in Sweden and make an allegation of sexual assault, 8, 12 or 27 years after the alleged incident.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    I totally forgot we could do this. Time to make a change! Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

Please make sense. Or I will have to mute you (1 out of the limit of 5). This takes time.  Cut to the chase.
    Only if you promise to stop posting gifs and referencing that slime ball Aaaaaaahnold?

Because a year ago, you were opposed to trying Julian Asstrange on social media for the very credible allegation of rape. Now that its Sleepy Woke Joe, you're trying to hang him without any semblance of due process. I'm asking you why one and not the other?

And you still haven't answered my question about whether I could walk into a police station in Stockholm or anywhere else in Sweden and make an allegation of sexual assault, 8, 12 or 27 years after the alleged incident.
    1. When have I opposed anything against Julian Assange? 

2. I don't know the statute of limitation on sexual assault in Sweden. 

My question to you is - how much shame should a person feel for carrying water on internet forum for and "if the glove don't fit acquit-defending a person who's by all probable accounts is a "slime ball" and sexual assaulter instead of just admitting it is highly probable but seeing reasons to vote for the slime ball sexual assaulter anyway?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Or am I wrong?

Seems there is. 

What is your point?

1. When have I opposed anything against Julian Assange? 

2. I don't know the statute of limitation on sexual assault in Sweden. 

My question to you is - how much shame should a person feel for carrying water on internet forum for and "if the glove don't fit acquit-defending a person who's by all probable accounts is a "slime ball" and sexual assaulter instead of just admitting it is highly probable but seeing reasons to vote for the slime ball sexual assaulter anyway?

No more than you expressing adulation for Aaaaaaaaaahnold the Impregnator.

Brilliantati©