Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited November 2020
  • Biden
    static111 said:
    No matter who wins there is nothing for anyone to celebrate.
    I think you can celebrate with one. Maybe two beers.

But not a full sixpack.

And just have Trump wither away for four years untill the next election
    Yes purging tRump is a win for sure.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Biden
    Biden at -400 in the gambling world
  • I'm sitting this one out
    Gonna watch Trumps winning speech now
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Biden
    Nevada not being called until tomorrow scares the shit out of me. However, Vegas’s county has one of the highest % that still need to be counted, and that heavily favors Biden, no?
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    President Biden is worth celebrating.  JCPOA, North Korea, Climate agreement, etc.  There's a lot of things that can/can't happen regardless of the Senate.
    There are also apparently more hateful racists than in 2016  Hard to celebrate anything when this is a fact.  
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    the gambling margins are stronger toward Biden than they were Monday night
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    It’s functioning by and for who it was designed to benefit.
    Scio me nihil scire

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If things hold up how they're looking, Biden winning the Presidency, Republicans holding the Senate, and drug prohibition being routed in ballot initiatives is about the best outcome I could have hoped for.

If you're a Democrat, stop blaming bogeyman and figure out how to appeal to voters. Cable news is filled with bullshit across the board - it's not the exclusive domain of Fox. Maybe this will finally spur Ds to have the honest post-mortem they never undertook after 2016. Or not. Who knows. Probably best to just keep scolding everyone who doesn't vote with you.
    wait, you dont think that burning city centers while yelling 'defund the police' is a sound campaign strategy?
    The pisser is that most of those people are some combo of super far left or apolitical but since we force a two-party mentality Democrats en masse wind up owning it 
    MayDay10 said:
     im not familiar with bets,what this means 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    MayDay10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If things hold up how they're looking, Biden winning the Presidency, Republicans holding the Senate, and drug prohibition being routed in ballot initiatives is about the best outcome I could have hoped for.

If you're a Democrat, stop blaming bogeyman and figure out how to appeal to voters. Cable news is filled with bullshit across the board - it's not the exclusive domain of Fox. Maybe this will finally spur Ds to have the honest post-mortem they never undertook after 2016. Or not. Who knows. Probably best to just keep scolding everyone who doesn't vote with you.
    wait, you dont think that burning city centers while yelling 'defund the police' is a sound campaign strategy?
    Wow, I missed the part where Joe was out there burning city centers and yelling defund the police. That is bad campaign strategy.
  • Biden
    RiotZact said:
    Nevada not being called until tomorrow scares the shit out of me. However, Vegas’s county has one of the highest % that still need to be counted, and that heavily favors Biden, no?
    Yes....I would think Biden should build his lead a bit there.  Although his lead is only 8k votes right now.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Biden
    static111 said:
    I think you can celebrate with one. Maybe two beers.

But not a full sixpack.

And just have Trump wither away for four years untill the next election
    Yes purging tRump is a win for sure.  
    Except he isn’t going anywhere and neither is the huge amount of Trump support.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Biden winning by a hair will set up court challenges?  

Good luck America.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Biden
    Trump gained ground in every demographic t he only demo he underperformed with was white males, down slightly from last time.
    Scio me nihil scire

Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    It means heavily favored.  You would have to bet $400 to win $100.  
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    I will absolutely celebrate a Trump loss and I will never pretend a Mitch McConnell majority in the senate is a good thing. I have been an independent voter since January of 1994 and this election is the first time I can remember voting straight ticket for the Dems. It was the Republican party that drive me to that. Split party rule only works when we have two functioning parties. We don't have that right now and haven't for a while. 
    On your broader point, we definitely agree. With non-functioning parties, I prefer split party rule. The checks seem crucial. Let's count our lucky stars that more weird shit didn't get rammed through in 2017-2018.
    CM189191 said:
    In Sweden minority governments are more the rule than the exception - we are more alike than I thought!

WEEEE

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Biden
    dignin said:
    MayDay10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Wow, I missed the part where Joe was out there burning city centers and yelling defund the police. That is bad campaign strategy.
    Jimmy Carter and Habitat for Humanity would build a house, Joe Biden would show up and burn it down. You didn't see that?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:
    He was +400 at one point last night and fuck I should have jumped
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Biden
    Interesting behind the scene details about Fox calling Arizona and some other states for Biden early that roiled the WH.

Fox anchor Bill Hemmer was gearing up to do another review for viewers of a map of the United States that at 11:20 p.m. was looking surprisingly positive for President Trump when he did a double take in the lower left-hand quadrant.

“Have we called Arizona?” he asked, sounding stunned.

Indeed, with only 73 percent of its vote reported, the analysts on the cable giant’s stridently independent decision desk had already bestowed a yellow check mark on the Grand Canyon State — putting it in Joe Biden’s column long before any other network was making that call.

It was one of several times throughout the night that the president’s favorite network declared results long before its competitors — and not necessarily in the president’s favor. Trump campaign officials were livid, and the tensions boiled over onto the broadcast, where former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders insisted it was a “premature call,” and anchor Bret Baier called upon decision-desk director Arnon Mishkin to explain himself on camera, because “we’re getting a lot of incoming here.”

“I’m sorry,” Mishkin said, “the president is not going to be able to take over and win enough votes to eliminate that seven-point lead that the former vice president has.” Told the White House was convinced otherwise, he stood his ground: “I’m sorry we’re not wrong in this particular case.”

Mishkin, a registered Democrat who works for Fox as a contractor, would go on to apologize several times throughout the course of the night — not for being wrong, but for daringly delivering calls that were so early they initially looked suspect. His calls added pressure on other news outlets reporting on a highly competitive race in a country that was uniquely divided and anxious about its result. And they helped ramp up the tension on a night when Trump was brazenly urging the vote count to be stopped before all early and absentee ballots were counted.

Indeed, not long after polling analyst Nate Silver declared that the Fox News call on Arizona “looms pretty large as a check against claims Trump might make that he’s winning,” the president indirectly alluded to Mishkin in his 2 a.m. speech claiming he was on track to victory.

“Arizona, we have a lot of life in that, and somebody said — somebody declared it was a victory for — and maybe it will be, I mean, that’s possible,” the president said. “But certainly there were a lot of votes out there that we could get because we’re now just coming into what they call Trump territory.”

But as dawn approached, many other news organizations, including the Associated Press, also called Arizona for Biden. “Arnon was right,” Fox anchor Martha MacCallum said. “The White House was wrong.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-election-night-arizona/2020/11/04/194f9968-1e71-11eb-90dd-abd0f7086a91_story.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
     so like 1/4 ?
    u need to bet 400,to get 100?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Trump gained ground in every demographic t he only demo he underperformed with was white males, down slightly from last time.
    Where did you see that?  How could that be true and lose more states?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Biden
    honestly. regardless of who wins. i'm done with america. fuck america. i can't believe so many people still support this piece of shit after the last four years. it's unimaginable to most people that don't live in your country. see you in 4 years. at best. 
    adios, vaya con dios!
    enjoy your 4 years of whining. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

So Kanye West got 60k votes?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JimmyV said:
    dignin said:
    MayDay10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Jimmy Carter and Habitat for Humanity would build a house, Joe Biden would show up and burn it down. You didn't see that?
    That son of a bitch!!

Thanks for the laugh on this dark morning.
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
     so like 1/4 ?
    more like 80% likelihood (roughly 78%?)

Around 9:30PM, he was down to about the opposite, like +370 last night which is about 27%.  At the start, it was around 65% (-350).
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Biden
    So Kanye West got 60k votes?
    Fucked up for sure. Over 6,000 people in my state cast a vote for that idiot.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
     so like 1/4 ?
    more like 80% likelihood (roughly 78%?)
     got it.thanks