Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,003
    Biden
    Yeah, that Trump could get the votes he did after the disastrous presidency he led is the big concern here. It isn't Biden or the Dems. Utter incompetence for four years and 200,000 dead, and Trump doesn't lose a vote. He may lose the election, but it doesn't look like he lost much support. The damage Fox News has done to this country cannot be overstated. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Okay, I'm just catching up here.  But I think things look good.  
    Biden won Nebraska's second district.  He looks to have won WI and he is less than a % behind in Michigan with 36% of Wayne County (Detroit) to go.  Those votes will be heavy Democratic.  So if my estimation/memory is correct, Biden should get to 270 with Michigan locking in place.  And it really should. Wayne is enormous and D. 

No PA needed.
    I would not call it "looking good". Should have been a landslide when the opponent is......... ....... ...... ..... .... ... .. . . Trump.

But looking like a not good looking win is quite possible.

Would be lovely if he wins a few of the swing states. And nice that he has gotten the most votes of any candidate in history.
    He flipped Arizona and the Nebraska district.  That's on top of the likely flips in WI and MI (although traditionally blue).  NC is close.  GA and TX were pipe dreams, which was my contention all along.  But what is true is that he ran much, much stronger in most states than Clinton. 
    But he did run against a guy who said an idea would be to inject disinfectants to rid covid? 
    It's hard to underestimate the number of people in this country that ingest lies on a daily basis from right wing media.  They are completely brainwashed.  So you have this massive divide on what is truth vs what isn't.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Biden
    Come onnnn.
  • Options
    Biden
    Sounds good to me

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    Trump is 100% right. Again.  He is winning so they stop the count. Never been like this on history.  He called it a few weeks ago- he said if he was winning they’d play games or find a way to disrupt the election.  Everyone called him names and insults as the left usually does but he was 100% right.  Now we go to the courts.  

If they don’t win, they want to eliminate electoral college.  If they don’t win they want to pack the court.  If they don’t win they won’t count any more votes.  What the hell is wrong with the left, it’s the party of “I’m taking my ball and Then no one will be able to play!”  Losers, man, just like trump said, just incredibly poor losers.

we knew they wouldn’t play fair, and something extremely shady is going down once again in loony lefty land

This is what 40% of America believes.  So here's the absolute nightmare scenario:
    • Biden wins 270 to 268.
    • MAGA riots. And they don't just break window and burn buildings. They put bullets in people.
    • Barr and the party-loyalist courts get it reversed.
    MAGA, bitches.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    If Biden got the most votes in history, does that mean Trump got second most?  Trump got more votes than 2016 including more republicans votes.  What a shithole country.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, that Trump could get the votes he did after the disastrous presidency he led is the big concern here. It isn't Biden or the Dems. Utter incompetence for four years and 200,000 dead, and Trump doesn't lose a vote. He may lose the election, but it doesn't look like he lost much support. The damage Fox News has done to this country cannot be overstated. 
    I put the onus on the voter. They have the ability to educate themselves and be aware of what is actually happening in this country and the world, but what we have been shown is that 70 million people only care about about themselves right now in this moment. They hear what they want and that's it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    PRESIDENT JOE BERNIE BIDEN
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I put the onus on the voter. They have the ability to educate themselves and be aware of what is actually happening in this country and the world, but what we have been shown is that 70 million people only care about about themselves right now in this moment. They hear what they want and that's it.

It's absolutely on the voter.  And it's partly educating themselves, but it's more about who they are.  The shit Trump does?  More features than bugs. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    Fuck dont want to get my hopes up but WI,NV,MI holding and not needing PA and GA has me hyped!
  • Options
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Everyone is responsible for their vote and its consequences, but if it weren't for the Murdochs this electorate would look a lot different. They created a monster. They are not entirely to blame, there are other factors, but Fox News is the biggest. And social media has not helped. 

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    tbergs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I feel, as an outsider, that you also have turned politics into a team sports with derbys every 4 years. You don't give up your team no matter what shit heads play on the field. And being a democrat or a republican seems to be very ingrained in you. Team A and Team B. 

But also, you are overwhelmingly democratic but has constructed a system to keep it even.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    Biden
    are they calling this in the european media? have not seen it here yet. hope you are right though.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    are they calling this in the european media? have not seen it here yet. hope you are right though.
    No. i'm just screaming positive things out.

Biden: 2,518,923
    Trump: 2,500,843

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    Biden
    No. i'm just screaming positive things out.

Biden: 2,518,923
    Trump: 2,500,843

oh ok. keep going! haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,066
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I feel, as an outsider, that you also have turned politics into a team sports with derbys every 4 years. You don't give up your team no matter what shit heads play on the field. And being a democrat or a republican seems to be very ingrained in you. Team A and Team B. 

But also, you are overwhelmingly democratic but has constructed a system to keep it even.
    This is pretty accurate imo.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,684
    Biden
    Joe is likely ending up at 270.  Crazy close.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,684
    Biden
    I hope the Republicans keep the Senate.  I don’t want either party to control everything.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    I hope the Republicans keep the Senate.  I don’t want either party to control everything.
    Rather have climate change-deniers not control anything.

I have a feeling the fight for the climate and other things will go smoother then.
  • Options
    Biden
    I usually dont.  While it would be great theoretically to see all my progressive ideas slide through (there are many I strongly dislike too), it would create an even more violent swing and it would eventually swing the other way.  

Maybe having it split can reel things in a bit toward the center and compromise?  I know its asking for unicorns perhaps with McConnell.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    No matter who wins there is nothing for anyone to celebrate.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,649
    edited November 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    I think you can celebrate with one. Maybe two beers.

But not a full sixpack.

And just have Trump wither away for four years untill the next election
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,505
    I'm sitting this one out
    If things hold up how they're looking, Biden winning the Presidency, Republicans holding the Senate, and drug prohibition being routed in ballot initiatives is about the best outcome I could have hoped for.

If you're a Democrat, stop blaming bogeyman and figure out how to appeal to voters. Cable news is filled with bullshit across the board - it's not the exclusive domain of Fox. Maybe this will finally spur Ds to have the honest post-mortem they never undertook after 2016. Or not. Who knows. Probably best to just keep scolding everyone who doesn't vote with you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,522
    I'm sitting this one out
    so seems WI and MI goes biden...so if he keeps nevada he get 270 and no need PA

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    static111 said:
    President Biden is worth celebrating.  JCPOA, North Korea, Climate agreement, etc.  There's a lot of things that can/can't happen regardless of the Senate.
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    If things hold up how they're looking, Biden winning the Presidency, Republicans holding the Senate, and drug prohibition being routed in ballot initiatives is about the best outcome I could have hoped for.

If you're a Democrat, stop blaming bogeyman and figure out how to appeal to voters. Cable news is filled with bullshit across the board - it's not the exclusive domain of Fox. Maybe this will finally spur Ds to have the honest post-mortem they never undertook after 2016. Or not. Who knows. Probably best to just keep scolding everyone who doesn't vote with you.
    wait, you dont think that burning city centers while yelling 'defund the police' is a sound campaign strategy?
  • Options
    Biden
    I will absolutely celebrate a Trump loss and I will never pretend a Mitch McConnell majority in the senate is a good thing. I have been an independent voter since January of 1994 and this election is the first time I can remember voting straight ticket for the Dems. It was the Republican party that drive me to that. Split party rule only works when we have two functioning parties. We don't have that right now and haven't for a while. 

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    Biden
    We might know GA today...a Biden win there would obviously be huge.  Lots of Atlanta votes to be counted
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana