Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    CNN wanting video of Biden addressing the story proves my point. 
    Which point?
    That Biden addressing this will only make it cable news fodder and a bigger story. 
    You think CNN has it out for Biden?
    I think CNN cares first and foremost for ratings. Sex stories sell - did they have it out for Bill Clinton? No. Did that matter? No. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    I hope that no one here has ever been falsely accused of anything because it is a horrible experience and one that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I still don't know how I feel about this issue. It's easy for people not under oath to make vague statements of support to an allegation that has not been fully vetted, but I I also don't want to dismiss allegations as nothing. Unfortunately we live in a time where just an allegation alone is the hammer of doom.

I was going to use a very personal experience that I have had related to false allegations (nothing criminal, work related) as an example, but it's just not something I want to get in to. All I'll say is that, unfortunately people say stuff that isn't true all the time and it can have a significant negative impact, even if later information/evidence comes out that casts severe doubt on the allegation. The reality of it is, that if it wasn't recorded or directly witnessed, there is no way to completely disprove something somebody claimed happened if you were both in the same place at the same time. Morally bankrupt people suck, which is why I loathe Trump so much. I haven't gotten that impression from Biden, but maybe 25 years ago he was different. We know how different sexual harassment and discrimination was handled then so it's just enough of an allegation to make people waffle on supporting Biden.

I also find it interesting how silent Trump has been about all of this, unless I've missed something. Why isn't he hammering Biden on Twitter? This should be like open season for him.

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    Which point?
    That Biden addressing this will only make it cable news fodder and a bigger story. 
    I think CNN cares first and foremost for ratings. Sex stories sell - did they have it out for Bill Clinton? No. Did that matter? No. 
    This is going to hurt to hear, but politicians will occasionally be accused of wrongdoing, news outlets of various mediums will report on it to uncover the truth, and other people may hear about it in the process
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    I hope that no one here has ever been falsely accused of anything because it is a horrible experience and one that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I still don't know how I feel about this issue. It's easy for people not under oath to make vague statements of support to an allegation that has not been fully vetted, but I I also don't want to dismiss allegations as nothing. Unfortunately we live in a time where just an allegation alone is the hammer of doom.

I was going to use a very personal experience that I have had related to false allegations (nothing criminal, work related) as an example, but it's just not something I want to get in to. All I'll say is that, unfortunately people say stuff that isn't true all the time and it can have a significant negative impact, even if later information/evidence comes out that casts severe doubt on the allegation. The reality of it is, that if it wasn't recorded or directly witnessed, there is no way to completely disprove something somebody claimed happened if you were both in the same place at the same time. Morally bankrupt people suck, which is why I loathe Trump so much. I haven't gotten that impression from Biden, but maybe 25 years ago he was different. We know how different sexual harassment and discrimination was handled then so it's just enough of an allegation to make people waffle on supporting Biden.

I also find it interesting how silent Trump has been about all of this, unless I've missed something. Why isn't he hammering Biden on Twitter? This should be like open season for him.

The same reason he can't criticize the Dems for running up the deficit....he's guilty of it himself.

The Biden thing is odd because it is unlike him.  I know he has admitted to some improper touching but he did most of that completely out in the open.  Digitally penetrating someone without their consent is about as close to rape as you can get.  I find it hard to believe....yet we now have a former neighbor that appears to back up the story.

Very strange...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    Which point?
    This is going to hurt to hear, but politicians will occasionally be accused of wrongdoing, news outlets of various mediums will report on it to uncover the truth, and other people may hear about it in the process
    Thanks, good to know we agree that CNN having it out for Biden has nothing to do with it. 

Politicians are accused of wrongdoing all the time. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. Remains to be seen which this is. But what always happens when such allegations are made is that people who don't like said politician are there to demand they address the allegation, to answer for the wrongdoing. 

• Options
    Biden
    tbergs said:

The same reason he can't criticize the Dems for running up the deficit....he's guilty of it himself.

The Biden thing is odd because it is unlike him.  I know he has admitted to some improper touching but he did most of that completely out in the open.  Digitally penetrating someone without their consent is about as close to rape as you can get.  I find it hard to believe....yet we now have a former neighbor that appears to back up the story.

Very strange...
    Yeah, but he has never cared about any of that before. He just blows hot air full steam ahead. Hypocrisy is not something that has ever mattered.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    Which point?
    Thanks, good to know we agree that CNN having it out for Biden has nothing to do with it. 

Politicians are accused of wrongdoing all the time. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly. Remains to be seen which this is. But what always happens when such allegations are made is that people who don't like said politician are there to demand they address the allegation, to answer for the wrongdoing. 
    Do you think Chris Cillizza doesn't like Biden?
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    Which point?

Asked and answered. Chris Cillizza likes content and ratings. 

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    Biden
    denying it worked for clarence thomas, kavanaugh, and trump. for some reason the charge will stick to biden. best thing for him to do is avoid the question.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:
    Which point?

Asked and answered. Chris Cillizza likes content and ratings. 
    If I'm going to indulge this logic then the last thing I'll say is that if it takes a cynic to ask the question, then it's only cynics who will ever get us answers
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Very strange...
    Yeah, but he has never cared about any of that before. He just blows hot air full steam ahead. Hypocrisy is not something that has ever mattered.
    It's because his approval numbers have been steadily dropping over the last few weeks. The last thing he wants to do is look even more un-presidential during a national crisis (or at least that is the way his least crazy aids want him to appear).

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Demanding Biden "address" something implies a formal statement or press conference, particularly if we are going to attack the press for not asking him about it. That is indeed a trap. The verbage wasn't "Biden needs to be asked about this." It would be a different conversation if it had been. The comment made was "Biden is gonna have to address it directly." It was about Biden doing something, not the press. 
    It's both. He needs to be asked about this and, if he continues not to be, he should at least issue a statement personally (which I assume/hope would be a categorical denial).

Maybe Biden could go to Tara Reade's house and call her a liar to her face.  Would that settle it for you?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I don't think I've seen Joe Biden since this flu started to take off.
  • Options
    Biden
    Jason P said:
    Really? He's done numerous interviews from his house, often with his wife. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Demanding Biden "address" something implies a formal statement or press conference, particularly if we are going to attack the press for not asking him about it. That is indeed a trap. The verbage wasn't "Biden needs to be asked about this." It would be a different conversation if it had been. The comment made was "Biden is gonna have to address it directly." It was about Biden doing something, not the press. 
    It's both. He needs to be asked about this and, if he continues not to be, he should at least issue a statement personally (which I assume/hope would be a categorical denial).

Maybe Biden could go to Tara Reade's house and call her a liar to her face.  Would that settle it for you?
    That's just dumb. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Jason P said:
    The only people I've seen on the news are politicians in power working on covid.  I've not seen Joe since March outside a few days when Bernie dropped out and his picture came up, but then again I remember hearing from Bernie and Warren, but I cannot recall one statement from Joe Biden.  I'm sure he is doing interviews, but I've not seen them or heard any stories from the interviews.

November is fast approaching.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Just pull up and give her the finger?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Point being: nothing will ever be enough for the Biden haters here.  Anything Biden does in response, they'll just move the goal posts. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Biden
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    The only people I've seen on the news are politicians in power working on covid.  I've not seen Joe since March outside a few days when Bernie dropped out and his picture came up, but then again I remember hearing from Bernie and Warren, but I cannot recall one statement from Joe Biden.  I'm sure he is doing interviews, but I've not seen them or heard any stories from the interviews.

November is fast approaching.  
    Maybe turn the news on? Because he's definitely doing interviews. I think he even did one of those town halls on CNN if I am not mistaken. 

He's not front and center, that's for sure. And there is certainly no reason for him to, what with the president making an ass of himself every day. Trump's daily briefing has been a god send to the Biden campaign over the last month. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Again?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Again?
    Too soon?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Again?
    Too soon?
    Yeah.  Try later.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Again?
    Too soon?
    Yeah.  Try later.
    So a couplefew more decades, then?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,004
    Sleepy Woke Joe ahead of the curve. 60% of layoffs are women and Team Trump Treason couldn’t read his statement regarding 55,000 dead Americans fast enough and in a more impersonal manner. POS doesn’t have an ounce of empathy.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ICDragonsICDragons Posts: 39
    More disturbing than the Biden allegation is the way no one is talking about it. 

Northam 
    Trudeau
    Clinton

The mainstream media rarely covers these incidents as feverishly as others....

Biden definitely should speak out. He needs to be better than the status quo.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

That's just dumb. 
    Again?
    I laughed, but I'm a terrible person.
  • Options
    Biden
    ICDragons said:
    More disturbing than the Biden allegation is the way no one is talking about it. 

Northam 
    Trudeau
    Clinton

The mainstream media rarely covers these incidents as feverishly as others....

Biden definitely should speak out. He needs to be better than the status quo.
    What about Northam? His approval rating in the immediate aftermath with AAs here in Virginia was 60%.  The white people cared about that way more than black people.  And he apologized.  
  • Options
    I understand that. 

Just don’t think the media should give people a pass like the public sometimes does. 

Personally imho Northam is a piece.
    Certain things people do that can’t be overlooked. 

• Options
    Biden
    ICDragons said:
    I understand that. 

Just don’t think the media should give people a pass like the public sometimes does. 

Personally imho Northam is a piece.
    Certain things people do that can’t be overlooked. 

So his years of being a pediatrician and all of the charity care he's provided means nothing to you? He's only defined by an action as a college student in the 80s?  Are you proud of everything you did before you were 22?
  • Options
    Calm down. We aren’t talking about me. 

You screw one goat. Never get a pass.