Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't like Joe taking a day off 8 days before the election

Trump's right about him being low energy.  I did not really vote for Joe...I voted against Trump. 
    Doesn’t matter. You did the right thing for democracy.

I know...and I historically have liked Joe (but geez man, stop sniffing hair) back when he was sharp. It's not his ideas (I think he's evolved from his crime bill days) that concern me, but his ability to do what is not a 9-5 job. We vote far too much on "issues."  Issues aside, it was obvious that Trump was unfit the moment he opened his mouth as a candidate (and before that for those that followed him).

Now?  We simply need to stop the bleeding.  Trump works 20 minutes a day; Biden will work more. More importantly will be the people that surround him; the nepotism, the rewarding of unqualified donors, the Russian mob connections. We need that gone, now.
    Joe will do just fine...not sure about that 2nd term though.  We might be setting ourselves up for a rough ride in 2024 (if he decides not to run again)
    Shouldn't he leave after 3 years then to give Kamala a headstart into the election and voters being used to seeing her as president?

Strategy wise.
    Not in my opinion...I just don't see Harris being at the top of the ticket then.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I guess I don't know who would replace her other than someone like Gavin Newsome or Cuomo.
    PETE!
    Yep...forgot about Pete.  He's been tearing Fox News a new one
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Trump's right about him being low energy.  I did not really vote for Joe...I voted against Trump. 

I know...and I historically have liked Joe (but geez man, stop sniffing hair) back when he was sharp. It's not his ideas (I think he's evolved from his crime bill days) that concern me, but his ability to do what is not a 9-5 job. We vote far too much on "issues."  Issues aside, it was obvious that Trump was unfit the moment he opened his mouth as a candidate (and before that for those that followed him).

Now?  We simply need to stop the bleeding.  Trump works 20 minutes a day; Biden will work more. More importantly will be the people that surround him; the nepotism, the rewarding of unqualified donors, the Russian mob connections. We need that gone, now.
    Joe will do just fine...not sure about that 2nd term though.  We might be setting ourselves up for a rough ride in 2024 (if he decides not to run again)
    Shouldn't he leave after 3 years then to give Kamala a headstart into the election and voters being used to seeing her as president?

Strategy wise.
    Not in my opinion...I just don't see Harris being at the top of the ticket then.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I guess I don't know who would replace her other than someone like Gavin Newsome or Cuomo.
    So, a VP isn't a shoe in for the nomination? 

no. she could be put on the supreme court when we pack it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Biden
    Again, just when I think he can't get any dumber.....

“We have made tremendous progress with the China Virus, but the Fake News refuses to talk about it this close to the Election,” the president tweeted. “COVID, COVID, COVID is being used by them, in total coordination, in order to change our great early election numbers. Should be an election law violation!”

“The Fake News Media is riding COVID, COVID, COVID, all the way to the Election,” he added. “Losers!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mark-meadows-control-pandemic-covid-covid-covid-losers-144243982.html

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Was he sniffing this kid's hair too?  Just curious. Or is it just impossible for you to believe that he actually has a heart?

This is the cheapest post in the thread.
    Well you've matched it with the cheapest retort.  I'm not the one that accused him of being a pervert, baselessly.  
    What has that to do with your post written and posted. Nothing. So, yes cheap. My retort was cleareyed and factual. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Was he sniffing this kid's hair too?  Just curious. Or is it just impossible for you to believe that he actually has a heart?

Well you've matched it with the cheapest retort.  I'm not the one that accused him of being a pervert, baselessly.  
    What has that to do with your post written and posted. Nothing. So, yes cheap. My retort was cleareyed and factual. 
    I don't even know what you're trying to say.  How about trying to write it again in proper syntax? And your definition of 'factual' conflicts with the actual definition of 'opinion'.  Is this an ESL thing?  I'll cut you some slack on that then.  I don't have time for your bullshit today, so if you want to give it another shot, go ahead.  Otherwise, you can stop supporting smears. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,499
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

I don't even know what you're trying to say.  How about trying to write it again in proper syntax? And your definition of 'factual' conflicts with the actual definition of 'opinion'.  Is this an ESL thing?  I'll cut you some slack on that then.  I don't have time for your bullshit today, so if you want to give it another shot, go ahead.  Otherwise, you can stop supporting smears. 
    Sure: Your post was the cheapest post in the thread (my opinion)

Sniffing hair =/= not actually having a heart

And your included image comes off as cynical  (as in cheap) -- what has it to do with Biden according to OnWIs97, hairsniffing.

I have not supported any smear. I just responded to your post. Or do you believe I do not have a heart?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Biden
    That cat has an ugly face.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

And your included image comes off as cynical  (as in cheap) -- what has it to do with Biden according to OnWIs97, hairsniffing.

I have not supported any smear. I just responded to your post. Or do you believe I do not have a heart?

Are you really not understanding the point? He's accused of hair sniffing so I posted a recent image of him consoling a young, mentally impaired man who lost his son at a parkland.  This was to show that Joe's history of hugging is not about young girls, women etc. Unless you think he's really trying to sniff the young man's hair too. Hence the image.  It's neither irrelevant nor cheap,  compared to the smear against Joe, baselessly accusing him if being a pervert.  

Got it?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you really not understanding the point? He's accused of hair sniffing so I posted a recent image of him consoling a young, mentally impaired man who lost his son at a parkland.  This was to show that Joe's history of hugging is not about young girls, women etc. Unless you think he's really trying to sniff the young man's hair too. Hence the image.  It's neither irrelevant nor cheap,  compared to the smear against Joe, baselessly accusing him if being a pervert.  

Got it?
    What kind of binary, simplified description of reality are you trying to pull of here. You have no point.

Here you have some simple math:

Him hugging the father of a Parkland victim 

doesn't mean

he can't sniff hair on other individuals

See some other examples:

Freddy Krueger crying when his daughter was born

doesn't mean

he can't go around killing teens in their dreams

or

Me listening to Pearl Jam

doesn't mean

i can not also listen to Nickleback

But I will not further this conversation. Because last time Biden was discussed in a negative light I was defacto accused of being a russian asset working to undermine US democracy. So will not do that on here again.

And again, my point in my post was not about Biden as a person -- but about my reading of your post. That in my opinion comes off as  writing in a dog in a movie to show that the lead character is compassionate. And as binary too.,

Had nothing to do with Joe Biden, my post. Just so people reads it correctly. 

Thank you.

Now off for a beer. 

Got it?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Biden
    Here's the context for that wonderful photo. Please be polite to each other.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    benjs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Got it?
    What kind of binary, simplified description of reality are you trying to pull of here. You have no point.

Here you have some simple math:

Him hugging the father of a Parkland victim 

doesn't mean

he can't sniff hair on other individuals

See some other examples:

Freddy Krueger crying when his daughter was born

doesn't mean

he can't go around killing teens in their dreams

or

Me listening to Riot Act

doesn't mean

Me not being able to listen to Backspacer

But I will not further this conversation. Because last time Biden was discussed in a negative light I was defacto accused of being a russian asset working to undermine US democracy. So will not do that on here again.

And again, my point in my post was not about Biden as a person -- but that your post. That in my opinion comes off as cheap/cynical as in writing in a dog in a movie to show that the lead character is compassionate.

Had nothing to do with Joe Biden, my post. Just so people who is looking for a reason to ban me. reads it correctly. 

Thank you.

Now off for a beer. 

Got it?
    No it doesn't mean that he CANNOT do it, but it certainly doesn't mean he does.  Therefore it's a smear.  Got it?  That's the point.  It's a fucking smear and every time I see the smear, I'm going to call it out as such.  All of your other bullshit about Riot Act, Kiss, and whatever else is just gibberish.  It's hilarious that you think my defense of Biden is cheap, not the actual accusation.  
  • Options
    Biden
    And I was kindly reminded that the young man lost his father in the shooting, not the son.  I got myself mixed up.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    Biden
    interesting and partially answers my question about eligible but non voting..

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    Full interview:

https://youtu.be/kSAo_1mJg0g

https://youtu.be/FdAh2HJ98WE
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    How it must feel to get the question "Donald Trump says you got dementia, and it's getting worse?"
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    I thought both received tough questions...they both received tough criticisms to respond to (including Kamala), I saw VPJoe giving calm answers, and the monster just kept bristling and whining and complaining instead of explaining his policies. I guess the highly respected woman interviewer was just supposed to pay homage. :tongue:  
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    ...Spiritual_Chaos said:
    Someone who posted 17,776 times how Bernie was the one for the job because he’d bring progressive policies posts a tweet like this.

If I thought Russian bots would spend $20 for a PJ membership I’d think that. Otherwise posting trumps nonsense makes no sense.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Biden
    Good thing we are getting close. The going is getting weird. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    “Getting” weird? Just look at this place alone :rofl:

We’ve been there for quite awhile now. 

AND PLEASE NO NEWSOM. For the love of all things good and honest and not smarmy and pandering, NOT HIM. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Biden
    Seldom wrong and right again, @hedonist. We are one weird bunch of birds. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    So, this guy knows the Vote count result as of now?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Biden
    Awesome little article right here.  Definitely worth reading.
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-had-one-last-story-115253037.html

Trump Had One Last Story to Sell. The Wall Street Journal Wouldn't Buy It.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Biden
    Something tells me OH is going blue.  I could be wrong but I think turnout will push that one to Biden.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Biden
    cutz said:
    So, this guy knows the Vote count result as of now?

He probably saw someone on Fox News reference this article because we know he doesn't read anything.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/24/republicans-florida-early-vote-democrats-432135
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Biden
    I have been seeing Hillary's tweets pop up a lot recently.

It tears me up to think how much differently things would have been with her as POTUS.  I'm confident we would be watching her glide to a second term right now if things had gone her way.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451

It tears me up to think how much differently things would have been with her as POTUS.  I'm confident we would be watching her glide to a second term right now if things had gone her way.
    I wonder who the GOP candidate would have been?
  • Options
    Biden
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I wonder who the GOP candidate would have been?
    Nikki Haley would be my guess.  

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:
    Seldom wrong and right again, @hedonist. We are one weird bunch of birds. 
    Thank you, sir! Although at first I read that as “turds” :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    ...Spiritual_Chaos said:
    Someone who posted 17,776 times how Bernie was the one for the job because he’d bring progressive policies posts a tweet like this.

If I thought Russian bots would spend $20 for a PJ membership I’d think that. Otherwise posting trumps nonsense makes no sense.
    ok

So you are saying I am pro it being an election law violation reporting on the corona crisis?