Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    That's literally the dumbest take on the situation I've seen posted.  To be clear,  I'm sure there are stupider ones,  but this is the worst I've seen. 
    agreed.
    Also agreed.
    SC, why would you share that?  Is this an attempt at humor, do you believe what the guy is saying, or is it without reason/thought?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    I'm sitting this one out
    Roger Waters talking heavy shit about Biden. Quick burn all your Floyd albums!!!
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    nicknyr15 said:
    Roger Waters talking heavy shit about Biden. Quick burn all your Floyd albums!!!
    After seeing a show on the Us + Them tour a few years ago I would have thought he'd back a shoe as long as it was running against Trump. Maybe he hasn't got the AMT memo about not supporting Biden means you support Trump...quick, start a Roger Waters thread so a specific few can go rant on and on about him.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    Biden
    BREAKING:

Aging, British Rock Star's Political Views Do Not Necessarily Mesh With Your Own

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    BREAKING:

Aging, British Rock Star's Political Views Do Not Necessarily Mesh With Your Own
    Exactly my point. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    After seeing a show on the Us + Them tour a few years ago I would have thought he'd back a shoe as long as it was running against Trump. Maybe he hasn't got the AMT memo about not supporting Biden means you support Trump...quick, start a Roger Waters thread so a specific few can go rant on and on about him.

That was a great show.  I was looking forward to the tour this summer.  
  • Biden
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

news flash. not voting for Biden IS a vote for trump to stay in office.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Maybe where you live. I have the luxury of (not) voting my conscience where I live. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Key word, support. I'm not talking about voting because I'm not allowed to talk about that.
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Maybe where you live. I have the luxury of (not) voting my conscience where I live. 
    Oil is worthless and you are celebrating living in Boston? Strange times in which we live. 

I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

That was a great show.  I was looking forward to the tour this summer.  
    My brother is a huge fan so he got front row center seats for himself and a friend. When the friend couldn't make it I jumped all over the opportunity. Great show, even got to shake his hand as he was walking off.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:

I believe the phrase is "Dixie Chick" your Floyd albums.

Funny, I'm not seeing the reaction to this I saw from Garth Brook's Barry Sanders jersey.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Oil is worthless and you are celebrating living in Boston? Strange times in which we live. 
    I'll never celebrate it. But it is a perk that comes with living here. That and proximity to the Wellfleet Beachcomber and Fenway Park.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    I'm sitting this one out
    nicknyr15 said:
    If I could only listen to artists I agree with politically, I would be down to Frank Turner and maaaaaybe a few others. Some make it more difficult than others, though!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Biden
    Ah yes, the old "DNC railroaded Bernie again" argument. How many millions more people voted for the other candidate again?

hahaha
    www.myspace.com
    Biden
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I would not be surprised to see Trump win some state in part due to complacent people "voting their conscious" out of a false sense of security.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I would not be surprised to see Trump win some state in part due to complacent people "voting their conscious" out of a false sense of security.
    Maybe, but Massachusetts won't be one of those states.

Biden
    Ah yes, the old "DNC railroaded Bernie again" argument. How many millions more people voted for the other candidate again?

hahaha
    Yeah Roger is an artistic genius,  not not necessarily a political one. 
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:

hahaha
    Yeah Roger is an artistic genius,  not not necessarily a political one. 
    Political genius is an oxymoron.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

No matter where you live and no matter how it looks...

...leave your starters in.  Keep knocking down three-pointers even if you think you have a 20-point lead in the final seconds.  It's not over until it's over.  And even if Biden sails by in your state, it's nice to add one more to the popular vote margin to get under a narcissist's skin.

And just saying you have the luxury to skip tells me you actually want Biden to win.  If that's what  you want, vote for it.
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

...leave your starters in.  Keep knocking down three-pointers even if you think you have a 20-point lead in the final seconds.  It's not over until it's over.  And even if Biden sails by in your state, it's nice to add one more to the popular vote margin to get under a narcissist's skin.

And just saying you have the luxury to skip tells me you actually want Biden to win.  If that's what  you want, vote for it.
    I like your analogy. 
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 
    I don't want to get under anyone's skin. A narcissist already suffers from a psychological ailment. Why would I want to make anything worse for such a person, which likely would only make such a person worse of a person?

And anyone who runs for office is a narcissist. Some cases are just more extreme than others.

I have no faith in the political systems of the US; every branch is blighted. Lost it in 4th grade, when I started reading newspapers daily and history books (outside of the text assigned to the class) for research projects. I stopped saying the pledge of allegiance that year, and I've never looked back. I fought teachers, principals (philosophically) and peers (physically) every school year thereafter because of my stance to sit. My nonvote is a more grown-up vote of no confidence than sitting for the pledge, since that's not something we're forced to do anymore. It's not a country or a process that I want to support by pretending to believe in its bought and paid for institutions of structural racism, sexism and classism. Just because I might think one candidate is marginally better than another doesn't override my core personal philosophical convictions. 

I don't want Biden to win. I don't want Trump to win. So I don't do anything to make either of those things happen.

How do you dare tell me that I'm my father's son
    When that was just an accident of birth?
    I'd rather look around me, compose a better song
    'Cause that's the honest measure of my worth.

--Jethro Tull, "Wind-Up"

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 
    I don't want to get under anyone's skin. A narcissist already suffers from a psychological ailment. Why would I want to make anything worse for such a person, which likely would only make such a person worse of a person?

And anyone who runs for office is a narcissist. Some cases are just more extreme than others.

I have no faith in the political systems of the US; every branch is blighted. Lost it in 4th grade, when I started reading newspapers daily and history books (outside of the text assigned to the class) for research projects. I stopped saying the pledge of allegiance that year, and I've never looked back. I fought teachers, principals (philosophically) and peers (physically) every school year thereafter because of my stance to sit. My nonvote is a more grown-up vote of no confidence than sitting for the pledge, since that's not something we're forced to do anymore. It's not a country or a process that I want to support by pretending to believe in its bought and paid for institutions of structural racism, sexism and classism. Just because I might think one candidate is marginally better than another doesn't override my core personal philosophical convictions. 

I don't want Biden to win. I don't want Trump to win. So I don't do anything to make either of those things happen.

--Jethro Tull, "Wind-Up"

No.  To run for an office as big as POTUS, you probably need to have a certain level of arrogance just to think they can be that one person that everyone needs.  But narcissism is a diagnosed mental disorder.

Trump appears to have it.  And it comes out in almost everything he does and says.  Ranting at a time like this about his own ratings isn't just annoying/laughable, it's dangerous.  His behavior is why a third of the country thinks everything that doesn't come from his twitter feed, Britebart, or Fox News is a hoax.

Whatever it is you want, it has to come incrementally.  All-or-none will always lead us to none.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 
    Agreed. Spot on. Run up the god damned scoreboard until the lights go out. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 
    So an Urban Meyer approach as opposed to a Jim Tressel. Got it....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 
    So an Urban Meyer approach as opposed to a Jim Tressel. Got it....
    The punt is the greatest play in football - Jim Tressel
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    Everybody can stay home for one day
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    dankind said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

no you don't

I like your analogy. 

--Jethro Tull, "Wind-Up"

I will do my part to stop Trump, but that is a damn fine song.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?