Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Tuesday night said the Democratic Party should discuss the recent sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden, a charge the presumptive nominee's campaign has denied.

On Tuesday evening in an online conversation with The Wing, a networking and community space for women, a questioner asked Ocasio-Cortez about the accusation recently leveled against Biden by Tara Reade, who worked for him when he was a Delaware senator in the 1990s. The questioner opposes President Trump's reelection, but also "really resent[s] the fact that the other choice is someone who has a really long history of being creepy to women." 

Ocasio-Cortez responded, "What you're voicing is so legitimate and real. That's why I find this kind of silencing of all dissent to be a form of gaslighting."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-its-legitimate-to-talk-about-allegations/
    Well fortunately for Joe, they don’t have presidential nominee confirmation hearings like they have Supreme Court nominee confirmation hearings. Can you imagine if Joe had to defend himself in front of the world like Kavanaugh had to? 
    We'd walk away thinking he probably didn't do it but insist he step down immediately because he lied about what he meant by "blumpkin" in a note to Chris Dodd
    What's a blumpkin?
    *do not look this up at work
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Tuesday night said the Democratic Party should discuss the recent sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden, a charge the presumptive nominee's campaign has denied.

On Tuesday evening in an online conversation with The Wing, a networking and community space for women, a questioner asked Ocasio-Cortez about the accusation recently leveled against Biden by Tara Reade, who worked for him when he was a Delaware senator in the 1990s. The questioner opposes President Trump's reelection, but also "really resent[s] the fact that the other choice is someone who has a really long history of being creepy to women." 

Ocasio-Cortez responded, "What you're voicing is so legitimate and real. That's why I find this kind of silencing of all dissent to be a form of gaslighting."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-its-legitimate-to-talk-about-allegations/
    Well fortunately for Joe, they don’t have presidential nominee confirmation hearings like they have Supreme Court nominee confirmation hearings. Can you imagine if Joe had to defend himself in front of the world like Kavanaugh had to? 
    We'd walk away thinking he probably didn't do it but insist he step down immediately because he lied about what he meant by "blumpkin" in a note to Chris Dodd
    What's a blumpkin?
    Around 13% (and growing) of Americans definitely won't be doing that.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    Biden
    dankind said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

What's a blumpkin?
    I looked it up.. that's a good one. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,913
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

What's a blumpkin?
    I looked it up.. that's a good one. 
    And it's all thanks to Nervpus Nancy's complete witchhunt sham impeachment hoax.  :s
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,313
    Biden
    https://apnews.com/a1bfb62e37fe34e09ff123a58a1329fa
    Go ahead sit this one out take a look at Bernie and what he believes! I’ll crawl through a forest of covid to vote come November!!
    You make a point: crawling through a forest of covid to vote (then self quarantining, of course) just might be preferable than trudging through the cesspool of literal bullshit for 4 more years.
    What are you talking about? I thought Trump was the opposite of bullshit? According to my neighbor flying this flag it's:
    Donald Trump 2020 NO More Bullshit Flag President MAGA Keep
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

What's a blumpkin?
    A BLOND PUMPKIN IT WAS OUR NICKNAME FOR TED KENNEDY I SWEAR
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    I'm sitting this one out

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,761
    Biden
    I'll say this, it was nice to hear from Barack again. I almost forgot what a president sounds like. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Biden
    I'll say this, it was nice to hear from Barack again. I almost forgot what a president sounds like. 
    When I was reading the NYT article yesterday, reading about how deliberate, how thoughtful and sober he approaches everything, it made me want to cry for what we've lost in the last three years.  He wasn't a perfect man, not necessarily a great man, but he was a good and decent man and that's about the best compliment you can give someone.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,761
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    When I was reading the NYT article yesterday, reading about how deliberate, how thoughtful and sober he approaches everything, it made me want to cry for what we've lost in the last three years.  He wasn't a perfect man, not necessarily a great man, but he was a good and decent man and that's about the best compliment you can give someone.  
    He's also a reasonable human being. Trump's a sociopath. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,168
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,012
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    +1 to both of these posts. 

I did cry while listening to him. 

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    Probably not Joe Biden.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    Probably a mother's maiden name sort of thing.  

That was a well written piece.  Im convinced now.  Biden it is.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,845
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    +1 to both of these posts. 

I did cry while listening to him. 

I'm with y'all too.  But aren't we all?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Probably a mother's maiden name sort of thing.  

That was a well written piece.  Im convinced now.  Biden it is.
    My first thought as well as my mother's maiden name is my middle name, and indeed that is the case - Mary Elizabeth Robinette. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Biden
    Watching Biden on Morning Joe this morning....nice reminder of what a president is supposed to sound like. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Biden
    Watching Biden on Morning Joe this morning....nice reminder of what a president is supposed to sound like. 

+1
    He said something like, “I’m not of clairvoyant.” Made me smile.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'm with "slippery" Joe Biden.
    I find it funny that Trump has a nickname for his opponents. Some rival politician should give him one. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    Biden
    I find it funny that Trump has a nickname for his opponents. Some rival politician should give him one. 

Simply calling him "Tiny Trump" would throw him into an almost unimaginable rage. He would have doctor's notes claiming he was 7 feet tall and graphics enlarging his hands and feet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:

Simply calling him "Tiny Trump" would throw him into an almost unimaginable rage. He would have doctor's notes claiming he was 7 feet tall and graphics enlarging his hands and feet.
    And a sudden bulge in his trousers. Or slacks. I'd be willing to bet he calls them slacks. All prior photos without said newfound bulge would be called fake news. His cult following would believe it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,233
    Biden

call him tremendous trump. of course in an ironic and sarcastic tone.

because tremendous is the biggest word trump knows, so he says it all the time. like we are supposed to be impressed with a 3 syllable word or something.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden
    Some I thought might be good:
    Derelict Donald
    Deranged Donald
    Treasonous Trump
    Small Hands
    Mushroom Dick

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

A moving Word Salad from the reigning Space Invader champion:  the DNC better have a back up plan, this guy without a Teleprompter is going to be something else.  Against Mr Reality who does three hour talk fests in front of thousands is going to 
    make a real mess out of this deteriorating daily jelly brain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1250765072751898624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1250765072751898624&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redstate.com%2Fbonchie%2F2020%2F04%2F16%2Fjoe-biden-got-off-the-teleprompter-and-it-was-an-absolute-disaster%2F

G
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Biden
    Why don’t they fly their yellow “don’t tread on me” flags when Trump uses terms like “total authority” ?

• Options
    Biden

A moving Word Salad from the reigning Space Invader champion:  the DNC better have a back up plan, this guy without a Teleprompter is going to be something else.  Against Mr Reality who does three hour talk fests in front of thousands is going to 

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1250765072751898624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1250765072751898624&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redstate.com%2Fbonchie%2F2020%2F04%2F16%2Fjoe-biden-got-off-the-teleprompter-and-it-was-an-absolute-disaster%2F

G
    A link to redstate.com. Not clicking it. 

I also don't know how anyone can defend Drumpf by talking about word salads as if Trump wasn't the master.

What does this even mean?:
    Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist  and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians  are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    jeffbr said:

G

I also don't know how anyone can defend Drumpf by talking about word salads as if Trump wasn't the master.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist  and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians  are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

We know about trump- that’s old news.  The issue is that if this is what they’re throwing up against him it’s not a hard battle.u
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Biden
    ^ I think the yellow dot in your graphic is a bit too far to the left. Just my opinion. 
  • Options
    Biden
    jeffbr said:

G

We know about trump- that’s old news.  The issue is that if this is what they’re throwing up against him it’s not a hard battle.u
    That's my whole point. Sure, Biden will make an occasional gaffe. But Trump without a written script or teleprompter is one giant gaffe every time his mouth opens. So why would someone bring up Biden's occasional gaffes if gaffes aren't something that bothers them in general? If it is a disqualifier for presidency, then Trump was disqualified long ago.