Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Virtual debate announced and trump says he won't participate.  Honestly that is just perfect for Biden.  Could not have worked out better.  Let the crazy Trump who's sick be the image. I suppose there will be a third but let people keep voting. 
    Yeah.  Biden not having to debate and it being Trump’s fault is perfect.  The only way it could be better is if so many Americans didn’t view his hissy fits as strength.
    Well the number of people who do view it as a strength are shrinking in numbers by the day. And they were already in the minority.

Advantage: America. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,861
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    Most commentators I've heard so far give the edge to Harris but also say, almost to a person, that this debate won't move the needle either way.   Pence did gain one big point when he flat out asked Harris if she and Biden were going to "pack the court".  That had me squirming a bit.  But, damn, what could she say?  Tell the truth?  Dodge the question?  Tough one.
    that was weird. she just sat there and smiled. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Biden
    I still don't understand why they don't respond with "at this point we have no intention of doing that and have not discussed it"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    She evaded one question. Pence evaded them all.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Biden
    I mean flies are attracted to carcasses.

I think Biden needs to show up to the debate Zoom and then keep asking where Trump is - "I'll text him"; "Let me send him an email". Just record the whole thing then stream it/send it to socials. The narrative writes itself.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    The answer should have been that we should let the citizens decide regarding adding seats to the courts. If it's clear after every last vote is counted that the nation wishes to head in another direction (or just have more balance, in general; i.e. executive and senate flips), then the Biden administration will push for a special election on a proposition to add a couplefew more justices to the court to rebalance the scale. If the results of that special election are that Americans are fine with an overwhelmingly conservative SC, then they get what they asked for; if not, then the Biden administration will appoint a couplefew more justices -- and, again, Americans get what they asked for.

I thought that she was heading in that direction when she said that they should wait for the election to see what the American people decide in 2020.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    I still don't understand why they don't respond with "at this point we have no intention of doing that and have not discussed it"
    i'm guessing at this point they know it won't lose them voters to say nothing, but it will win voters who are on the fence and worried about roe v wade. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    Biden

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    lol. flies sure love dung, don't they?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Biden
    Haha, Biden campaign bought flywillvote.com and had it redirect to iwillvote.com
  • Options
    Biden
    Haha, Biden campaign bought flywillvote.com and had it redirect to iwillvote.com
    hahaha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    The answer should have been that we should let the citizens decide regarding adding seats to the courts. If it's clear after every last vote is counted that the nation wishes to head in another direction (or just have more balance, in general; i.e. executive and senate flips), then the Biden administration will push for a special election on a proposition to add a couplefew more justices to the court to rebalance the scale. If the results of that special election are that Americans are fine with an overwhelmingly conservative SC, then they get what they asked for; if not, then the Biden administration will appoint a couplefew more justices -- and, again, Americans get what they asked for.

I thought that she was heading in that direction when she said that they should wait for the election to see what the American people decide in 2020.
    A special election? How would that even work?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Hell of an ad right here....

https://youtu.be/dkQaVngJB5E
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

I wouldn’t say that because they may be forced to do it. A 6 to 3 court could allow republicans to legislate from the bench. If they win congress and presidency , it is their right to do it. ( it should only be done in conjunction with DC statehood).

It is a very easy question to answer. I’d respond by saying “... the republicans have manipulated rules to stack the court currently. RBG has said she didn’t retire when Obama was president  because of the filibuster. When democrats were in the minority, Pence’s party conveniently took away the filibuster. When Obama had an empty seat to fill, the constitution says the senate provides advise and consent, which has aLways been interpreted to be an up or down vote, which forces all senators to go on record. That seat is now held by a republican nominee. These are unprecedented actions.”

“So you see 2 of the current seats will likely be held by republican nominees as a result of extreme rule manipulation. Adding judges to the court is not a manipulation, it’s a right bestowed on congress by the constitution. If the next congress examines this constitutional power, it would be Joe Biden’s right to consider all constitutional alternatives on this manner.”

Of course, its better if Biden answers this question.
  • Options
    Biden
    There should be a law/provision that states the congress is required to take up and vote on any nomination by the president. garland may have gotten through. maybe not. but at least it would have gone to a vote. the majority leader should have singular final say. that's just absurd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    dankind said:

A special election? How would that even work?
    States have them all the time. They work just fine.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    There should be a law/provision that states the congress is required to take up and vote on any nomination by the president. garland may have gotten through. maybe not. but at least it would have gone to a vote. the majority leader should have singular final say. that's just absurd. 
    Ironically that law could be quickly stricken down by the Court, and I’m sure the GOP would ignore it or tie it up in the courts. Blocking new states and new justices would be more challenging to block

The only constitutional provisions I am aware to combat how Rs manipulate laws and rules for extending their own power (we should add gerrymandering and voting restrictions as GOP manipulations) is DC statehood and adding justices. These are congressional powers and its a long road overdue for the Dems to play McConnell style hardball. If the filibuster is not applicable to one third of the Supreme Court it should be removed for areas that balance this abuse.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,145
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out

Myself, I am happy to live in a democracy (no, not Russia - Sweden) and believe that if the US is not a democracy, than rebuild yourself as one. Instead of whatever Mike Lee wants you to be.

EDIT:

DEMOCRACY LEADS TO COMMUNISM! WATCH OUT! 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Don't understand Bidens play here.

Why not just say he accepts to do it?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    Biden
    what's good for the goose is good for the gander i suppose.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden

Because it prevents tRump from changing his mind and playing that game.  It solidifies that tRump backed out first.

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out

Because it prevents tRump from changing his mind and playing that game.  It solidifies that tRump backed out first.
    Sure. 

But with how the narrative went after the last debate, maybe he should have hoped Trump would have changed his mind.
  • Options
    Biden
    What the hell is a gander anyway?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden

I also think his old ass doesn't want a stage to himself for 90 minutes.  The whole story is till worse for Trump, though.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    a goose that had the old switcheroo pulled on it
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    a goose that had the old switcheroo pulled on it
    Nice...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

I also think his old ass doesn't want a stage to himself for 90 minutes.  The whole story is till worse for Trump, though.
    He did it Tuesday night

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Biden
    I completely lost it with the pic of the fly with the mic. Thanks Mickey. :rofl:
    Falling down,...not staying down