Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    Yeah, ok. These "undecided" voters say Pence won the debate. I don't know how anyone is still not sure. Seems like a bunch of BS. Especially this guy's reason for picking Trump.

Harris’s biggest success was in landing blows against the Trump administration’s botched response to the coronavirus pandemic. She evaded a question about whether a Biden administration would 
    pack the Supreme Court with more justices — but unlike in Pence’s case, her attempt to change the subject raised a red flag in the focus group.

Several voters said they were frustrated that she didn’t answer the question.

“I didn’t really get answers,” John, an Ohio voter, said. “Packing the Supreme Court — these are all issues you want to know what they’re going to do. So, yes, it is very important to me.”

Another voter, Tom from Nevada, said he had an open mind about the candidates going into the debate, but Harris’s refusal to take a position on court-packing was a big reason he’s now leaning toward casting his ballot for Trump.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/10/8/21507618/kamala-harris-debate-focus-group-2020

At this point, anyone who is "undecided" about whether to vote for Trump or Biden can't be very intelligent.  I know, that's a rude thing to say, but I think I'm being honest and true.  What is there to decide about?  God, there are a lot of really stupid Americans.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932
    Biden
    Joe Biden facebook post

Earlier today, I spoke with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer. I am grateful that she and her family are safe, and I commend the FBI and other law enforcement officers for their work to prevent this deranged act by emboldened domestic terrorists.

As a nation, we are at a crossroads. We have come to a point where, despite our shock, we are not surprised that such a heinous plot was even conceived — a plot by Americans to blow up a bridge on American soil, threaten the lives of police officers and other law enforcement officials, and kidnap an American leader, take her hostage, and stage a mock trial for treason. It’s the kind of twisted plot we expect from ISIS, but now it’s here at home.

The words of a president matter. They can move markets. They can bring peace. They can bring war. They can heal divisions or incite violence.

When Governor Whitmer worked to protect the people of her state from a deadly pandemic, and saved countless lives, President Trump issued a call to “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” That call was heard. When protesters with Swastikas and Confederate flags, nooses, and assault rifles descended on Michigan’s capitol echoing the President’s own refrain to “lock her up,” President Trump called them “very good people.” He was heard, just as he was heard by neo-Nazis in Charlottesville three years ago, and again last week, when he told the extremist Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by."

There is a throughline from President Trump’s dog whistles and tolerance of hate, vengeance, and lawlessness to plots such as this one. He is giving oxygen to the bigotry and hate we see on the march in our country.

We have to stop it.

I just spoke a few days ago in Gettysburg about the cost of division in this country and the need to stand up and shut down violence and hate. The moment has come. We need to come together for the country I know, for the country you know. We need to make our voice heard.

Vote.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    Joe Biden facebook post

Earlier today, I spoke with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer. I am grateful that she and her family are safe, and I commend the FBI and other law enforcement officers for their work to prevent this deranged act by emboldened domestic terrorists.

As a nation, we are at a crossroads. We have come to a point where, despite our shock, we are not surprised that such a heinous plot was even conceived — a plot by Americans to blow up a bridge on American soil, threaten the lives of police officers and other law enforcement officials, and kidnap an American leader, take her hostage, and stage a mock trial for treason. It’s the kind of twisted plot we expect from ISIS, but now it’s here at home.

The words of a president matter. They can move markets. They can bring peace. They can bring war. They can heal divisions or incite violence.

When Governor Whitmer worked to protect the people of her state from a deadly pandemic, and saved countless lives, President Trump issued a call to “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” That call was heard. When protesters with Swastikas and Confederate flags, nooses, and assault rifles descended on Michigan’s capitol echoing the President’s own refrain to “lock her up,” President Trump called them “very good people.” He was heard, just as he was heard by neo-Nazis in Charlottesville three years ago, and again last week, when he told the extremist Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by."

There is a throughline from President Trump’s dog whistles and tolerance of hate, vengeance, and lawlessness to plots such as this one. He is giving oxygen to the bigotry and hate we see on the march in our country.

We have to stop it.

I just spoke a few days ago in Gettysburg about the cost of division in this country and the need to stand up and shut down violence and hate. The moment has come. We need to come together for the country I know, for the country you know. We need to make our voice heard.

Vote.

A+ for Mr. President Biden

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Biden
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    So sad to see such lack in vision
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    Uhmmm....okey
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Biden
    Lack in vision?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    Uhmmm....okey

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    Biden
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    I agree with this lack of vision...whatever that means.  Your lack of vision is spot on! ;)

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Pete 2032

Harris/Buttigeg 2024
    Yeah this doesn’t seem to be a very exciting ticket for me either 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    Biden
    Any Democratic Ticket 2024

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:

Any Social Democratic ticket 2024

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:

Nope.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,140
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Nope.
    Okey. Go for gold.

As long as Trump-2 doesn't win in 2024.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    Biden
    can we just get through january 2021 before we start talking about 2024? i am already old enough and you all want to age me even more, hahahaha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    can we just get through january 2021 before we start talking about 2024? i am already old enough and you all want to age me even more, hahahaha
    Have you started doing your christmas shopping yet? It's just around the corner.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    Biden

LOL,  Well said, bud! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    brianlux said:

LOL,  Well said, bud! 
    2024 lol if C19 has anything to say about it I’m not sure to many of us will be there to vote! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    Have you started doing your christmas shopping yet? It's just around the corner.
    i have my shopping done in my mind. just need to purchase the items haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:

LOL,  Well said, bud! 
    i typed that. then i hit submit. then i read it and was like "damn, i feel that" haha

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    Biden
    Omw to vote in my favorite PJ shirt. Put me firmly in the camp of "undecided".

• Options
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932
    Biden
    I wonder, how many of the some 90 million who could vote but didnt in 16 will vote this cycle?

would have loved to see some polling or research done with that group
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    I wonder, how many of the some 90 million who could vote but didnt in 16 will vote this cycle?

would have loved to see some polling or research done with that group
    Not only a lot sat out but there's less of a chance of a 3rd party vote this year as well. Green party's candidate got booted from the ballot in PA. That's votes now that'll benefit Dems (mostly).
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out

The 17-year-old founder of the "Fridays for Future" climate protests said on Twitter: "I never engage in party politics. But the upcoming US elections is above and beyond all that.

"From a climate perspective it's very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates," Thunberg acknowledged.

"But, I mean...you know...damn! Just get organised and get everyone to vote #Biden," she added.
  • Options
    Biden

The 17-year-old founder of the "Fridays for Future" climate protests said on Twitter: "I never engage in party politics. But the upcoming US elections is above and beyond all that.

"From a climate perspective it's very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates," Thunberg acknowledged.

"But, I mean...you know...damn! Just get organised and get everyone to vote #Biden," she added.
    That would be great if that garners some votes.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    https://apple.news/AbrGVExSOQ9C_x_GrlHGhLg
    They all look alike white bearded overweight ugly men & women! They all behave the same way vile humans, I need to move out of this country...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    https://apple.news/AbrGVExSOQ9C_x_GrlHGhLg
    They all look alike white bearded overweight ugly men & women! They all behave the same way vile humans, I need to move out of this country...
    Don’t let these assholes, who are a minority, force you from your country.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    I agree. EDIT: I agree with the felon and 2 seats part. Who would be the stolen 3rd seat?

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    100%. The migrant caravan, mail fraud, court packing. All part of the same trend.