Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    Biden’s camp:  request several times in the last few w weeks that there be two 30 minute breaks during tonight’s debate, one after the first 30 mins and the second after the next 30 mins.

trump camp refuses.

trump camp: requests both trump and Biden undergo drug tests.

biden camp refuses.

trump camp: requests that trump and Biden have a quick check for electronic aids such as ear pieces before the start of the event.

Biden camp refuses.

This is going to be very entertaining.  Biden would make an excellent Walmart greeter, jury is still out about prez.

How far lost has one's mind have to be to believe the stuff this guy posts?

Yeah, sure they requested a two thirty minute breaks in a 90 minute debate. lol

I'm sure this guy failed to notice how Biden stood and walked around for the entirety of his townhall the other week, after Trump slouched in his chair the whole time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Biden
    Biden’s camp:  request several times in the last few w weeks that there be two 30 minute breaks during tonight’s debate, one after the first 30 mins and the second after the next 30 mins.

trump camp refuses.

biden camp refuses.

trump camp: requests that trump and Biden have a quick check for electronic aids such as ear pieces before the start of the event.

Biden camp refuses.

This is going to be very entertaining.  Biden would make an excellent Walmart greeter, jury is still out about prez.

I'm sure this guy failed to notice how Biden stood and walked around for the entirety of his townhall the other week, after Trump slouched in his chair the whole time. 
    I'm convinced this is lindamarie's alter ego. Husband and wife accounts perhaps?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    I am looking forward to the debate.  Hoping for Biden coming out looking so strong that the trump supporters will have to overload their cognitive dissonance circuit.
    I'm sure they will focus on any verbal gaffe and repeat it ad nauseum.  
    What Biden needs to do is have some fun with this and come out and ask Chris Wallace, "Where am I? And why is the guy from the Apprentice here?"
    This would be incredible. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    I am looking forward to the debate.  Hoping for Biden coming out looking so strong that the trump supporters will have to overload their cognitive dissonance circuit.
    I'm sure they will focus on any verbal gaffe and repeat it ad nauseum.  
    What Biden needs to do is have some fun with this and come out and ask Chris Wallace, "Where am I? And why is the Apprentice here?"
    I'm hugh freaking dillon, and I approve this message. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden ought to come out like a boxer, shuffle his feet, jab his arms, throw uppercuts, left jabs and overhead rights, dance around Team Trump Treason's podium, throw jabs and juke and jive, show off his fancy footwork, then sidle backwards to his podium, in an Ali-esque pose, one hand down low, the other across his chest like Ali in the rope-a-dope, get behind his podium and stare Team Trump Treason down for the whole time Team Trump Treason makes his opening statement.
    :lol:

Do you think anyone watching is going into this with an open mind?

I'm just watching for the laughs.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden ought to come out like a boxer, shuffle his feet, jab his arms, throw uppercuts, left jabs and overhead rights, dance around Team Trump Treason's podium, throw jabs and juke and jive, show off his fancy footwork, then sidle backwards to his podium, in an Ali-esque pose, one hand down low, the other across his chest like Ali in the rope-a-dope, get behind his podium and stare Team Trump Treason down for the whole time Team Trump Treason makes his opening statement.

No, not really. It'll be worth the spectacle that'll it'll be, though. I might even watch it on Faux, too.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    hedonist said:

The campaigns sure do. There are still votes to be gained, and potential voters to motivate.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Biden
    I remember being nervous as hell for the tRump/Clinton debates.  I am at peace with myself for tRump/Biden.

Pence/Harris will be interesting
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Biden
    I remember being nervous as hell for the tRump/Clinton debates.  I am at peace with myself for tRump/Biden.

that's the one i'm more interested in. she is going to destroy him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Biden

that's the one i'm more interested in. she is going to destroy him. 
    Yeah I'm not nervous about that one at all.  Pence is such a smarmy prick.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227

trump camp refuses.

biden camp refuses.

Biden camp refuses.

I'm convinced this is lindamarie's alter ego. Husband and wife accounts perhaps?

What we really need is lindamarie, unsung and JC to come back
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Biden

trump camp refuses.

biden camp refuses.

Biden camp refuses.

What we really need is lindamarie, unsung and JC to come back
    This forum was brutal this time 4 years ago. A lot of antagonizers no longer around. The list is long.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Anyone going to start a live debate thread? Or are we cool having it here?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Biden
    dignin said:
    I'm good here.  All related. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    I'm sitting this one out
    Instead of watching two old men attempt to act, I’m going to rewatch Grumpy Old Men instead.

Matthau
    Lemmon
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    How much you wanna bet Trump trots our Tara Reade tomorrow night?
    Tara who?

He may go after Bidens son and illegal China loans.

I would think this only helps Biden, who can simply reply,

”folks, if you have any doubts about my dealings with Ukraine, you can go online right now and look at my tax returns for the last 20 years.

lets demand trump does the same and make his tax returns available to you.”
    I think you’d have to include a physical threat in your answer. He doesn’t respond to questions about hunter without including a threat.
    Ok so where’s the links of video/audio of him threatening someone, unlike the Covidiot who is on tape stating he would just grope women..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

related yes, but very specific of the campaign. I vote a separate debate thread. That way it can be easily refered to in #2 and 3...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    Yeah it's a little late for Trump to lower expectations.  He created his own trap. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

related yes, but very specific of the campaign. I vote a separate debate thread. That way it can be easily refered to in #2 and 3...
    If you open one, post the link here please.
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah it's a little late for Trump to lower expectations.  He created his own trap. 
    The tweet is from 2012. Though really, this is what Trump should’ve been saying as of late so Biden had higher expectations. But due to Trump’s rhetoric, Biden staying awake the entire debate assures a win for him  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I will be listening as I drive tonight via SXm app. wont be posting, but I suppose creating one shouldnt be an issue right now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    hedonist said:

Our mail in ballots arrived today (which we will take to a drop off center).  My wife looked at them and said, "Maybe we should wait until after we watch the debates before we decide."  I totally cracked up at that!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/287297/2020-presidential-debates/p1?new=1

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    The tweet is from 2012. Though really, this is what Trump should’ve been saying as of late so Biden had higher expectations. But due to Trump’s rhetoric, Biden staying awake the entire debate assures a win for him  
    Ah, didn't notice that.  Thanks. And yes, agreed. 
  • Options
    Biden
    Of course that ear piece thing was a baseless conspiracy theory. 

No surprise as to who first broke the story here. 

https://www.axios.com/debate-misinformation-earpiece-conspiracy-6e43adb6-382b-4651-bc4e-d38eec3c0de7.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100&fbclid=IwAR1gYSSAFJfn63shVGLMrOWMG-zp3KSjPo2GS5rTCSKKJp6v_wS5YwPuiUg

Misinformation thrives on social media ahead of presidential debate

Joe Biden speaking in Wilmington Delaware on Sept 27

Joe Biden speaking in Wilmington, Delaware, on Sept. 27. Photo: Roberto Schmidt/AFP via Getty Images

A baseless conspiracy theory that Joe Biden would wear an electronic device in his ear during the first presidential debate on Tuesday went viral on social media hours before the event.

Why it matters: The conspiracy originated on social media before appearing in a text message sent by President Trump’s re-election campaign to supporters. It was then regurgitated by media outlets like Fox News and New York Post, who cited the Trump campaign, throughout the day, according to NBC News.

• Kate Bedingfield, communications director for the Biden campaign, called the rumor “completely absurd” during a call with reporters on Tuesday.
    • Biden, meanwhile, poked fun at the issueon social media.

How it worked: Baseless memes calling for a third party to inspect Biden's ears before the debate saturated Facebook Tuesday morning.

• One particular meme was simultaneously posted by multiple Facebook pages with names like “US Conservative” and “The Unhinged Left” and received thousands of shares, according to NBC.
    • Fox NewsNew York Post and Breitbartthen published stories claiming that the Trump campaign wants the Biden campaign to allow a third party to inspect the ears of each debater for earpieces and that Biden had not yet agreed, citing the Trump campaign.
    • The stories received tens of thousands of shares on Facebook and Twitter, despite being based on nothing more than anonymous accusations on social media and from the Trump campaign. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnanyshared the rumor on Twitter, receiving tens of thousands of interactions on her own page.

Our thought bubble, via Axios' Ina Fried: It's just the latest example of how false information can easily gain traction on social media, spread unchecked and eventually become a subject of discussion in both partisan and mainstream media.

The big picture: The earpiece conspiracy was not the only example of viral misinformation spreading ahead of the the debate. On Tuesday morning, "Fox and Friends" allowed Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer, to repeat a baseless accusation that Biden is taking "performance enhancing drugs" to help his debate performance.

• Trump has repeated the accusation multiple times over the last month without offering proof. The president even suggested that both men be drug tested before the debate, an offer Biden’s campaign rejected.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    NYT has a good story today about this earpiece rumor being used for many cycles against Clinton, Obama, W, Biden etc. Unfounded, never any evidence. It is ridiculous that  anyone actually believes it, but we know how stupid half of the electorate is. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Biden
    Biden is the winner by default. Trump’s presidency may have ended tonight. 

Ultimately, the United States of America has reached an all time low. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mace1229 said:
    How much you wanna bet Trump trots our Tara Reade tomorrow night?
    Tara who?

He may go after Bidens son and illegal China loans.

I would think this only helps Biden, who can simply reply,

”folks, if you have any doubts about my dealings with Ukraine, you can go online right now and look at my tax returns for the last 20 years.

lets demand trump does the same and make his tax returns available to you.”
    I think you’d have to include a physical threat in your answer. He doesn’t respond to questions about hunter without including a threat.
    Ok so where’s the links of video/audio of him threatening someone, unlike the Covidiot who is on tape stating he would just grope women..
    Maybe I shouldn’t have said “threat” but gets angry and yells back. Would you not agree he doesn’t respond to questions about Hunter in anger? 
    Didn’t say he shouldn’t. Not sure what that has to do with Trump and his comments.