Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    So Trump owes more than $300M? Seems like an enormous conflict of interest. Pity for him this news comes out right before the debates.

Folks, you see, most people are sitting around dreading an October surprise that will damage Biden.....they're forgetting that Trump has more skeletons in his closet than most in Washington combined. I'd expect more of this to to come. Biden should really pounce on it tomorrow night.

I also saw a report that the Durahm thing might not come out until after the election.

2020 is not 2016.
    nothing seems to stick to don, though. we have what seems to be scandal exhaustion, so everything that would singularly take any other politician down, we are so used to it with him, it won't. 
    It does stick though.  That's why his numbers are terrible, amongst plenty of other reasons. 
    Lol, I know right?! 

It's like people think Trump is the one polling at 50% and not in the mid to low 40's...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Biden
    yeah it sticks to the degree that tRump has consistently trailed Biden by 7-8%....that's good enough
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    So Trump owes more than $300M? Seems like an enormous conflict of interest. Pity for him this news comes out right before the debates.

Folks, you see, most people are sitting around dreading an October surprise that will damage Biden.....they're forgetting that Trump has more skeletons in his closet than most in Washington combined. I'd expect more of this to to come. Biden should really pounce on it tomorrow night.

I also saw a report that the Durahm thing might not come out until after the election.

2020 is not 2016.
    nothing seems to stick to don, though. we have what seems to be scandal exhaustion, so everything that would singularly take any other politician down, we are so used to it with him, it won't. 
    It does stick though.  That's why his numbers are terrible, amongst plenty of other reasons. 
    he is still polling at about the same numbers as hillary was in 2016, who most of us thought was going to win, after everything that's come out about him. i'd say he's pretty teflon. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Bloomby dear savior ought to buy 40 million of those and airdrop them at night in all those red districts. Let people find them on their dog walks and getting into their trucks in the morning. Might move the needle by a vote.
    Unfortunately, this is a positive to his voters. To them, it shows that he is a smart business man who knows how to avoid over taxation. They think by having him as president he will share his good fortunes and help them avoid taxes as well. Many Trump supporters are in favor of payments off the record so the government doesn't get a hold of their money. I've had first hand interactions with these people. While I agree, taxes should be commensurate upon your wealth, I don't think paying nothing is a good thing either.
    Not so fast. Here's the rub: that argument could and did, to an extent, work for him in 2016. In 2016 he blatantly admitted to gaming the system and his supporters thought he was a genius. At the same time he was telling us he was gaming the system, he used that as his outsider pitch and would say "who better than me to fix it?" Right? He knew how to game the system so he knows better than anyone else how to fix it. But he didn't. 

So here we are four years later and not only did he not fix the system, he rigged it further into his favor with that unnecessary tax cut for predominantly wealthy folks and corporations.

Biden's gotta hammer him on this relentlessly tonight. It's more of a winning issue for dems moreso now than it was when he was the outsider four years ago. Of course 40% of his supporters will never desert him, but those precious few undecideds are the pot of gold who Biden needs to lock this up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.
    he is still polling at about the same numbers as hillary was in 2016, who most of us thought was going to win, after everything that's come out about him. i'd say he's pretty teflon. 
    Some of that...combined with all the cultish stuff that leads people to be dedicated to him under any imaginable circumstances.  Throw in a little "I'll never admit I was wrong."

I guess you could call him teflon but I think the teflon is sort of created by some other things.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.
    But Biden is polling about 5% higher than Hillary. That's a huge difference. 

You could argue that Biden is more teflon considering the sheer amount of garbage the Trump campaign has thrown at him and he's still sitting at 50% while Trump's floundering in the low 40's....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.

You could argue that Biden is more teflon considering the sheer amount of garbage the Trump campaign has thrown at him and he's still sitting at 50% while Trump's floundering in the low 40's....
    anyone other than trump would be polling in the low 30's with everything that has come out over the last 5 years. actually, they probably would have been primaried. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.

Can’t spell Teflon without felon.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    what's the over/under on the date that Bill Barr will announce the DOJ is investigating Biden? I'm thinking October 26 or so. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.

anyone other than trump would be polling in the low 30's with everything that has come out over the last 5 years. actually, they probably would have been primaried. 
    What's your point? We know that. Doesn't change the fact that he's still in the low 40's while  his opponent is at 50% despite being smeared by Trump's campaign for about a year now. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    what's the over/under on the date that Bill Barr will announce the DOJ is investigating Biden? I'm thinking October 26 or so. 
    Considering there are reports that the Durham report is pushed back till after the election, I'd take the over. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    Considering there are reports that the Durham report is pushed back till after the election, I'd take the over. 
    They'll find something to announce to attempt to drive a news cycle.  I think most people are fairly numb to the theatrics though.
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.

What's your point? We know that. Doesn't change the fact that he's still in the low 40's while  his opponent is at 50% despite being smeared by Trump's campaign for about a year now. 

My point is you said this: Folks, you see, most people are sitting around dreading an October surprise that will damage Biden.....they're forgetting that Trump has more skeletons in his closet than most in Washington combined

my response was directly to that point, that you seem to be forgetting that nothing sticks to trump. yeah, he's got skeletons. most of them are out of the closet already and it hasn't mattered one bit. even after being elected he's never polled at 50%. yeah, he's polling lower than biden, but i'm saying any other candidate would be polling much lower than he is. i think these poll numbers are more of a reflection of the covid response than anything to do with him personally. 

i think we all know it's not 2016, but some here seem to think this is all done. there's just over a month to go. a lot can still happen. and probably will. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

2020 is not 2016.

My point is you said this: Folks, you see, most people are sitting around dreading an October surprise that will damage Biden.....they're forgetting that Trump has more skeletons in his closet than most in Washington combined

my response was directly to that point, that you seem to be forgetting that nothing sticks to trump. yeah, he's got skeletons. most of them are out of the closet already and it hasn't mattered one bit. even after being elected he's never polled at 50%. yeah, he's polling lower than biden, but i'm saying any other candidate would be polling much lower than he is. i think these poll numbers are more of a reflection of the covid response than anything to do with him personally. 

i think we all know it's not 2016, but some here seem to think this is all done. there's just over a month to go. a lot can still happen. and probably will. 
    They do matter though. They’re helping to keep him polling in the low 40’s. Meaning he’s not been capable of expanding his base. 

And again, for all the nonsense thrown at Biden, he’s at 50%. Perhaps he fends off this stuff better. 

Nobody thinks the election is over. That’s ridiculous 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    They'll find something to announce to attempt to drive a news cycle.  I think most people are fairly numb to the theatrics though.
    For sure. I think it’s noteworthy that Maria Bartilaroma (or whatever her name is) was the one who first reported it though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    With Covid, people are voting now.  I plan to do so this week.  I wonder whether the "October surprise" factor is not going to be as big of a thing for that reason.  Comey opening up the email investigation last time was enormous.  But I don't know whether that can be matched.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    Biden

on taxes, lies, and subterfuge
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    Wonder if this has something to do with Parscale's suicide attempt?  This article was from over the summer but maybe another big shoe is about to drop?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million/#71c935c61283

Non-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of ‘Laundering’ $170 Million

The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

Donald Trump Holds Campaign Rally In Lexington Kentucky
    LEXINGTON, KY - NOVEMBER 04: Brad Parscale, campaign manager for U.S. President Donald Trump, ... [+] GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS

“The Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee disguised nearly $170 million of campaign spending by laundering the funds through firms,” the complaint claims.

It adds that the firms are “headed by Trump’s recent campaign manager, Brad Parscale, and/or created by Trump campaign lawyers.”

The complaint alleges that the Trump campaign paid millions of dollars to campaign-connected vendors without reporting those payments to the FEC, specifically honing in on American Made Media Consultants (AMMC), a firm created by Parscale, which has been paid over $106 million, making it the campaigns largest vendor.

AMMC was ostensibly created to circumvent media buyers, but the complaint points to FCC records that show the campaign has used media buying firm Harris Sikes to place some of its ads, alleging the campaign is “failing to report payments to the firms and is instead using AMMC as a conduit for its payments to the firms.”

The complaint also points to an app called Phunware, which Parscale has said was created and is “directly owned” by the campaign, but which has never appeared in the campaign’s spending reports because, as the complaint alleges, it was paid through AMMC.

campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh denied the charges made in the complaint, telling Forbes, “The campaign reports all payments to AMMC as required by the FEC. The campaign complies with all campaign finance laws and FEC regulations.”

CRUCIAL QUOTE

By failing to report payments to the campaign’s true vendors and employees, the Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee have violated, and continue to violate, federal law’s transparency requirements,” the complaint asserts, adding that such activities “undermine the vital public information role that reporting is intended to serve.”

KEY BACKGROUND

Parscale was named as Trump’s campaign manager in February 2018 but was replaced in that role by Bill Stepien earlier this month. Parscale’s firms have long been the object of media scrutiny for receiving large sums from the Trump campaign and for Parscale maintaining a lavish lifestyle well beyond the means of most presidential campaign managers.

CHIEF CRITIC

"Voters have a right to know how campaigns are spending money to influence elections," CLC founder and President Trevor Potter, a Republican and former FEC Chair, told CNN. "This scheme flies in the face of transparency requirements mandated by federal law, and it leaves voters and donors in the dark about where the campaign's funds are actually going."

NEWS PEG

The allegation comes amid reports that the Trump campaign also moved millions in campaign funds to Trump’s private business interests. Forbes’ Dan Alexander and Michela Tindera reported earlier this month that the Trump campaign has pushed nearly $7 million towards Trump’s businesses since the president entered office.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

The complaint asks the FEC, which regulates campaign finance, to “conduct an immediate investigation” and “seek appropriate sanctions for any and all violations, including civil penalties sufficient to deter future violations.”

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    just like everything else, trump will go unscathed while everyone around him crumbles. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Biden
    Wonder if this has something to do with Parscale's suicide attempt?  This article was from over the summer but maybe another big shoe is about to drop?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million/#71c935c61283

The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

LEXINGTON, KY - NOVEMBER 04: Brad Parscale, campaign manager for U.S. President Donald Trump, ... [+]

GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS

“The Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee disguised nearly $170 million of campaign spending by laundering the funds through firms,” the complaint claims.

It adds that the firms are “headed by Trump’s recent campaign manager, Brad Parscale, and/or created by Trump campaign lawyers.”

The complaint alleges that the Trump campaign paid millions of dollars to campaign-connected vendors without reporting those payments to the FEC, specifically honing in on American Made Media Consultants (AMMC), a firm created by Parscale, which has been paid over $106 million, making it the campaigns largest vendor.

AMMC was ostensibly created to circumvent media buyers, but the complaint points to FCC records that show the campaign has used media buying firm Harris Sikes to place some of its ads, alleging the campaign is “failing to report payments to the firms and is instead using AMMC as a conduit for its payments to the firms.”

The complaint also points to an app called Phunware, which Parscale has said was created and is “directly owned” by the campaign, but which has never appeared in the campaign’s spending reports because, as the complaint alleges, it was paid through AMMC.

campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh denied the charges made in the complaint, telling Forbes, “The campaign reports all payments to AMMC as required by the FEC. The campaign complies with all campaign finance laws and FEC regulations.”

CRUCIAL QUOTE

By failing to report payments to the campaign’s true vendors and employees, the Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee have violated, and continue to violate, federal law’s transparency requirements,” the complaint asserts, adding that such activities “undermine the vital public information role that reporting is intended to serve.”

KEY BACKGROUND

Parscale was named as Trump’s campaign manager in February 2018 but was replaced in that role by Bill Stepien earlier this month. Parscale’s firms have long been the object of media scrutiny for receiving large sums from the Trump campaign and for Parscale maintaining a lavish lifestyle well beyond the means of most presidential campaign managers.

CHIEF CRITIC

"Voters have a right to know how campaigns are spending money to influence elections," CLC founder and President Trevor Potter, a Republican and former FEC Chair, told CNN. "This scheme flies in the face of transparency requirements mandated by federal law, and it leaves voters and donors in the dark about where the campaign's funds are actually going."

NEWS PEG

The allegation comes amid reports that the Trump campaign also moved millions in campaign funds to Trump’s private business interests. Forbes’ Dan Alexander and Michela Tindera reported earlier this month that the Trump campaign has pushed nearly $7 million towards Trump’s businesses since the president entered office.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

The complaint asks the FEC, which regulates campaign finance, to “conduct an immediate investigation” and “seek appropriate sanctions for any and all violations, including civil penalties sufficient to deter future violations.”

That's what I'm thinking...I saw a theory that he may have received a target letter yesterday that set him off.  Innocent people don't commit suicide.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden

LEXINGTON, KY - NOVEMBER 04: Brad Parscale, campaign manager for U.S. President Donald Trump, ... [+]

GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS

CRUCIAL QUOTE

KEY BACKGROUND

CHIEF CRITIC

NEWS PEG

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

That's what I'm thinking...I saw a theory that he may have received a target letter yesterday that set him off.  Innocent people don't commit suicide.
    I can't imagine the level of anxiety Trump is under trying to keep so much shit out from the public eye. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden

GETTY IMAGES

KEY FACTS

CRUCIAL QUOTE

KEY BACKGROUND

CHIEF CRITIC

NEWS PEG

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

I can't imagine the level of anxiety Trump is under trying to keep so much shit out from the public eye. 
    surely would need maybe only a quarter of  the energy he consumes to be legit instead, no?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Biden
    Evidently, there's not one honest bone in his body. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Biden

And all it probably amounts to is an ego hit because it indicates he might not be as rich as he claims.  But to him, this kind of thing is huge. I kind of enjoy that he gets all worked up about this stuff.  In a week it will be forgotten and he'll have gotten all wound up over nothing.  Then, repeat with something else.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

And all it probably amounts to is an ego hit because it indicates he might not be as rich as he claims.  But to him, this kind of thing is huge. I kind of enjoy that he gets all worked up about this stuff.  In a week it will be forgotten and he'll have gotten all wound up over nothing.  Then, repeat with something else.
    I think hiding the fact that he owes over $300,000,000 to (most likely) foreign banks that are coming due in the next few years might eat at him a little bit too. Just a little bit.

Going bankrupt (again) is never fun. Especially for a former president. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

I think hiding the fact that he owes over $300,000,000 to (most likely) foreign banks that are coming due in the next few years might eat at him a little bit too. Just a little bit.

Going bankrupt (again) is never fun. Especially for a former president. 
    umm, think he owes Deutsche Bank that money..... or rather through them....

• Options

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Biden
    The Frontline on PBS that aired last week is an interesting character analysis for both candidates. While Biden is a decent family man, Trump is a terrible person and one who frankly people should have started ignoring around 1990
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Biden
    How much you wanna bet Trump trots our Tara Reade tomorrow night?
    chinese-happy.jpg