Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    I read an interesting reminder that the Kav hearing was a month before the mid terms.  Either it didn't stop blue or it helped.  We sort of assume this is good for Trump.  Maybe not, on net. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    Biden
    seen my first biden campaign commercial today. was good.  part attack, part answering attacks , part agenda. well done.

joe approved this message.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Biden
    The only way Trump would hesitate on nominating and approving a new justice is if he lost ground in the battleground states he's hoping to win. Places like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania need to send the message that he loses votes by doing this, but I don't think there's anyway to make that type of data materialize. Even though the Reuters poll made it clear where most people stand, they probably still would vote for him.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Biden
    I drove by the county library by my house that is an early voting location before the noon hour today. The line was wrapped half way around the building. Guessing at least a 2 hour await for the last person in that line.
  • Options
    Biden
    I drove by the county library by my house that is an early voting location before the noon hour today. The line was wrapped half way around the building. Guessing at least a 2 hour await for the last person in that line.
    More evidence of how few people are undecided.  I don't know that the SCOTUS issue moves the needle much.  It didn't in 18.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    I think it helped the Republicans in '18 but not in the swing states that are in play this year. Like didn't it cost McCaskill her seat over it?

This year, I can see it motivating dems more since it's the second time in four years they've been fucked over. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    mrussel1 said:
    More evidence of how few people are undecided.  I don't know that the SCOTUS issue moves the needle much.  It didn't in 18.

There was an empty seat in 2016 and the “progressive wing” of the party was not enthusiastic about voting then and there was an undervote in many states . It appears to clearly have not motivated liberals as much as republicans, and now it’s too late.

And the sad truth is that’s when the damage was done. Trump gets RBGs seat filled as a result of all the 2016 Hilary apathy unless the Dems can pull off an unlikely Hail Mary and come up a way to clog up the senate for over 3 months. If not, the only move for them is to pack the court, which takes guts and ya know where the Dems are in that category.

• Options
    Biden
    2nd Biden commercial. addressing the violence and rioting. straight up calls trump weak.

showed a differentiation between the two of them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    2nd Biden commercial. addressing the violence and rioting. straight up calls trump weak.

I like the commercials I've seen. He goes after Trump but isn't only saying "and I'm not him."  Of course, he sounds super old but as long as he can keep being out there and it doesn't get worse, I don't think it'll hurt him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said
    mickeyrat said:

I like the commercials I've seen. He goes after Trump but isn't only saying "and I'm not him."  Of course, he sounds super old but as long as he can keep being out there and it doesn't get worse, I don't think it'll hurt him.

have now seen a 3rd around the pandemic

• Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said
    mickeyrat said:

have now seen a 3rd around the pandemic
    The one played here in Virginia is the one  where he talks about his wife’s death and links it to healthcare.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Biden
    Yep we've been getting bombarded by those in PA for a few weeks now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

We may get 2008 level turnout among young voters. That’s bad for Trump.

The poll finds that among likely voters in that 18-to-29 demographic, Biden is leading President Trump by 60 percent to 27 percent among likely voters. That’s significantly better than the 49 percent that Hillary Clinton got in this poll in 2016.

But that’s not all. The poll also finds that an astonishing 63 percent of respondents say they will “definitely be voting,” compared to 47 percent in the 2016 version of this poll.

That matches 2008 levels. The 2008 version of this poll found that among a somewhat smaller segment of young voters, approximately the same percentage said they’d definitely be voting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/21/we-may-get-2008-level-turnout-among-young-voters-thats-bad-trump/
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Biden
    dignin said:

The poll finds that among likely voters in that 18-to-29 demographic, Biden is leading President Trump by 60 percent to 27 percent among likely voters. That’s significantly better than the 49 percent that Hillary Clinton got in this poll in 2016.

But that’s not all. The poll also finds that an astonishing 63 percent of respondents say they will “definitely be voting,” compared to 47 percent in the 2016 version of this poll.

That matches 2008 levels. The 2008 version of this poll found that among a somewhat smaller segment of young voters, approximately the same percentage said they’d definitely be voting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/21/we-may-get-2008-level-turnout-among-young-voters-thats-bad-trump/
    I've seen some encouraging signs of this with my 18-20 year old kids.  We know some kids whose parents are fairly rabid GOP yet cannot wait to vote for Biden.  Probably more of an anti-tRUmp vote but I'll take it.

I added two Biden voters to the mix in my house...but we are in Indiana so it likely won't matter.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Biden
    i saw yesterday that there are more millennials of voting age than there are boomers. this could be very, very bad for trump if they get motivated enough to turn out to vote.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Biden
    i saw yesterday that there are more millennials of voting age than there are boomers. this could be very, very bad for trump if they get motivated enough to turn out to vote.
    Yeah and RBG might be a spark
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    Yeah and RBG might be a spark
    Yes, Trump sees this as a lifeline, but it might create more of a wave.  
  • Options

• Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah, that type of rhetoric doesn't earn any new votes.  It's all preaching to the choir.  Let him go around and feed his ego, it's better for Biden. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited September 2020
    Every generation is larger than the previous one, so of course there are more millennials than boomers, not to mention the Boomers have started dying off a while ago. its probably a 1:2 ratio at this point.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    Every generation is larger than the previous one, so of course there are more millennials than boomers, not to mention the Boomers have started dying off a while ago. its probably a 1:2 ratio at this point.
    How is that even remotely true? every generation would have to be having more kids than the last. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/797321/us-population-by-generation/
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    How is that even remotely true? every generation would have to be having more kids than the last. 
    Isnt that what happens? The US population grows by about 1% a year or something like that. There's no denying the US population is steadily increasing, right? we're at about 330 million, 10 or 15 years ago it was a little over 300 million. The younger generation is the one increasing, Boomers aren't just coming out of nowhere to increase the population. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Was Benjamin Button considered a Boomer or Millennial?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Isnt that what happens? The US population grows by about 1% a year or something like that. There's no denying the US population is steadily increasing, right? we're at about 330 million, 10 or 15 years ago it was a little over 300 million. The younger generation is the one increasing, Boomers aren't just coming out of nowhere to increase the population. 
    lol, i see what you are referring to. I thought you were saying each generation had more babies born than previous generations, which isn't true. that's what gimme was saying. there were more millenials born (72.12 million) than baby boomers (69.56 million)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    gen x

• Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    Was Benjamin Button considered a Boomer or Millennial?
    both. a boolennial. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    lol, i see what you are referring to. I thought you were saying each generation had more babies born than previous generations, which isn't true. that's what gimme was saying. there were more millenials born (72.12 million) than baby boomers (69.56 million)
    That's a smaller gap than I would have guessed actually. That's about a 4% increase, I would have guessed it was closer to about 8-10%. 
    But people are starting to have families later in life now and as a result fewer kids too, so maybe we'll see the population stabilize. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    That's a smaller gap than I would have guessed actually. That's about a 4% increase, I would have guessed it was closer to about 10%. 
    But people are starting to have families later in life now and as a result fewer kids too, so maybe we'll see the population stabilize. 
    Don't forget about immigration when assessing population growth.  
  • Options
    Biden
    dignin said:

I've seen some encouraging signs of this with my 18-20 year old kids.  We know some kids whose parents are fairly rabid GOP yet cannot wait to vote for Biden.  Probably more of an anti-tRUmp vote but I'll take it.

I added two Biden voters to the mix in my house...but we are in Indiana so it likely won't matter.
    I wonder - with the pandemic and more college kids at home...if they are registered to vote at their home location, this likely means they are more likely to vote.  If they were registered in the college location (different state, but had established residency) I wonder if they vote?

Seems to me kids being home from college means more college kids will vote.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    That's a smaller gap than I would have guessed actually. That's about a 4% increase, I would have guessed it was closer to about 10%. 
    Don't forget about immigration when assessing population growth.  
    Yeah, but the US hit 250 million in the early 90s, 300 million mid 2000s, and currently 330 million. that's an increase of 80 million in less than 30 years. If half that was immigration that would still leave a 40 million increase due to births over the same time period. And that's an increase. For millennials to only be about 4% (or less than 3 million) higher than boomers, that means most of that increase was due to immigration and not our own population growth. Which I wouldn't have guessed, maybe would have put it at about equal.