Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Biden
    GlowGirl said:
    Today, my niece turned 18. The one thing she said she is excited about is voting in her first election. We can add another Biden vote to the ranks. 
    I know you're in NY. Hopefully her Biden vote is in a swing state!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Biden
    GlowGirl said:
    Today, my niece turned 18. The one thing she said she is excited about is voting in her first election. We can add another Biden vote to the ranks. 
    She is in Maryland. It’s a blue state. But I am proud of her enthusiasm about voting. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Biden
    GlowGirl said:

Hurray GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Biden
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    She is in Maryland. It’s a blue state. But I am proud of her enthusiasm about voting. 
    Darn it! Either way, good on her for exercising her right to vote. And happy birthday to her!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    I appreciate that the guys have endorsed Biden, but that shirt just hurts my brain.  I get that it is like something a Trumper would wear, but I don’t see anyone but collectors maybe being enticed by that thing.  I mean wow. It looks like a very patriotic and confused left wing unicorn exploded.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Biden
    static111 said:
    I appreciate that the guys have endorsed Biden, but that shirt just hurts my brain.  I get that it is like something a Trumper would wear, but I don’t see anyone but collectors maybe being enticed by that thing.  I mean wow. It looks like a very patriotic and confused left wing unicorn exploded.
    i would not wear it. too many trumpers around here. do not need to be getting into any fights at my age.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Biden
    static111 said:
    i would not wear it. too many trumpers around here. do not need to be getting into any fights at my age.
    Oh man I didn’t even think of the Trollin possibilities.   I could take a drive outta town and go for a walk in Trump country with my camera running....oooooowwwwwhhhheeeeeee
    Scio me nihil scire

• Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Oh man I didn’t even think of the Trollin possibilities.   I could take a drive outta town and go for a walk in Trump country with my camera running....oooooowwwwwhhhheeeeeee
    good luck!! you didn't get the idea from me!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    good luck!! you didn't get the idea from me!
    I could handle the possible beating, but I don’t think I could handle the crime against fashion.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Biden
    I figure I can’t have an opinion if I sit them out. So Biden it is...and we all live to fight or disagree another day
    Biden
    Sanders19 said:
    I figure I can’t have an opinion if I sit them out. So Biden it is...and we all live to fight or disagree another day
    That is pretty much the place I am currently...could be worse.  I'm not sure I will ever participate in the lesser of two evils voting again unless we have another extreme case.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Early voting is great... I've done it for the last two presidential elections. I didn't feel like Hillary got the early vote out the way as she should have but that might have been complacency that was beyond her control. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Biden is the way to go:
    He supports endless war and intervention
    He will keep marijuana a schedule one drug
    He dies not support universal health care
    He has told Wall Street (privately) not to worry 

I think PJ and Bernie are backing the right candidate.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

You go vote for the person that checks all your boxes perfectly.  Let us know the name so we can see it in our ballot.  

Good job lying as well.  You probably convinced yourself you're right. 
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

You go vote for the person that checks all your boxes perfectly.  Let us know the name so we can see it in our ballot.  

Anything I said about Biden wrong?
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    Biden
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

1. Where does he say he supports endless war?
    2. You say he doesn't support universal health, but that is just straight wrong.  He doesn't support M4A.  He supports medicare choice.  I hope you understand the difference.
    3. Marijuana - directly from his position paper  "Democrats believe no one should be in prison solely because they use drugs. Democrats will decriminalize marijuana use and reschedule it through executive action on the federal level. We will support legalization of medical marijuana, and believe states should be able to make their own decisions about recreational use"  https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf
    4. Where did he (privately) tell Wall Street not to worry?  Not to worry about what?  Tax rates, CFPB, Basil III reserve requirements?  Cancer?  Covid?
  • Biden
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

All of it basically.  My guess is that he does support UHC but he won't give tRump that ammo.  Same with marijuana.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Biden
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

All of it basically.  My guess is that he does support UHC but he won't give tRump that ammo.  Same with marijuana.
    See my post.  It's wrong by reading Biden's position.  Biden absolutely believes in universal health through a combination of medicare, medicare choice and private healthcare.  He doesn't believe we should eliminate private insurance.  
  • Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

See my post.  It's wrong by reading Biden's position.  Biden absolutely believes in universal health through a combination of medicare, medicare choice and private healthcare.  He doesn't believe we should eliminate private insurance.  
    But don't you think he is just supporting the ACA at this point?  Clearly UHC would be better for everyone....but I don't blame him for supporting the policy that came out while he was VP.  That would give tRump an attack point.

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

But don't you think he is just supporting the ACA at this point?  Clearly UHC would be better for everyone....but I don't blame him for supporting the policy that came out while he was VP.  That would give tRump an attack point.
    UHC does not equal M4A.  Supporting universal health means that you think every American should have access to affordable, quality healthcare.  It's a principle, not a policy.  Believing that M4A is the way to achieve UHC is a policy.  Biden believes in the principle, but wants to get there through medicare choice and private insurance.  The Bernie wing wants to make medicare the ONLY avenue of insurance, banning private employer insurance. 
  • Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

UHC does not equal M4A.  Supporting universal health means that you think every American should have access to affordable, quality healthcare.  It's a principle, not a policy.  Believing that M4A is the way to achieve UHC is a policy.  Biden believes in the principle, but wants to get there through medicare choice and private insurance.  The Bernie wing wants to make medicare the ONLY avenue of insurance, banning private employer insurance. 
    I haven't argued this for awhile...I was equating UHC with M4A.  I'm a M4A guy...I think we will inevitably get there.

I have been saying for years that we should just start reducing the age that people qualify for medicare on a yearly basis until we are all covered.  

hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

I think people are misreading my post. I like Biden because of the mentioned points. He is more of an old style Republican than Trump who has turned the party into something else. Biden is a Mitch McConnell type of man.

I applaud PJ and Bernie for supporting Biden.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Biden
    hsohi said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

I think people are misreading my post. I like Biden because of the mentioned points. He is more of an old style Republican than Trump who has turned the party into something else. Biden is a Mitch McConnell type of man.

it doesn't matter what your intention was. the content is still laughable. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    hsohi said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

You're pro endless war?
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

I haven't argued this for awhile...I was equating UHC with M4A.  I'm a M4A guy...I think we will inevitably get there.

I have been saying for years that we should just start reducing the age that people qualify for medicare on a yearly basis until we are all covered.  
    I would be supportive of getting there eventually if the gov't shows it can manage it efficiently.  If a person has a choice to buy into medicare or go private employer based, they will be able to make educated decisions on their care.  If they choose medicare and it proves to be efficient, quality and priced well, people will migrate to it.  That will force insurance companies to either lower their price, improve their services or die.  It's a great balance to me where the consumer gets a choice and let the best provider win.  
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

You're pro endless war?
    Yes. I, like Biden and possibly every president/politician realize the military industrial complex is the real economic engine.

Both parties eagerly passed the last defence budget recently.
    Post edited by hsohi on
    hsohi said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

it doesn't matter what your intention was. the content is still laughable. 
    It’s ok, we will all laugh together at the victory party.

I’m hoping to go to the Goldman Sachs Biden Gala in January 2021.
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    hsohi said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hsohi said:
    hsohi said:
    Biden is the way to go:

You're pro endless war?
    Yes. I, like Biden and possibly every president/politician realize the military industrial complex is the real economic engine.

Both parties eagerly passed the last defence budget recently.
    Your sarcasm is noted.  

You should review Biden's actual words and positions rather than relying on far left Reddit posts for your information.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com