Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Biden
    Nice! Solid choice. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    Biden

dignin said:
    She's gonna make Pence look like a clown.

No she's not.  Pence always looks like a clown.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Biden
    Evidently, Trump and Ivanka both donated to Kamala’s past senate campaigns. Will be fun watching them explain their reasonings. 
    He donated to the Clintons too, and then spent the last four years calling for Hillary to be locked up. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Biden
    Don’t like it. Makes Biden look like a pushover after she was so disrespectful to him in that dem debate. She’s not that popular with Democrats (hence her pathetic showing in the primary). And she’s someone that may scare away independents and people looking to get off the Trump train. They may look at her, during all this racial strife, as someone that poses as a moderate, but is really radical. None of this would matter most years, but Biden looks like someone that could die or resign a few months into his term. 

But on the other hand, they’re running against the worst administration ever, so who knows? I’ll be interested to see the polls two weeks from now. Juggler has me covered on that. 

I don't think too many people are going to remember that and I don't see it being something that the Trump camp is able to really convey well.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    Don’t like it. Makes Biden look like a pushover after she was so disrespectful to him in that dem debate. She’s not that popular with Democrats (hence her pathetic showing in the primary). And she’s someone that may scare away independents and people looking to get off the Trump train. They may look at her, during all this racial strife, as someone that poses as a moderate, but is really radical. None of this would matter most years, but Biden looks like someone that could die or resign a few months into his term. 

But on the other hand, they’re running against the worst administration ever, so who knows? I’ll be interested to see the polls two weeks from now. Juggler has me covered on that. 

I don't think too many people are going to remember that and I don't see it being something that the Trump camp is able to really convey well.
    You’re probably right. I’m just saying for me personally, it’s just another reason to look at Joe as somewhat weak. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Biden
    You don't think her challenging VPJoe at the debate won't be in soul-eater's political ads?  :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936
    Biden
    Kamala Harris, a senator from California?  There goes a major chunk of the moderate vote for Biden and definitely many conservatives who are not thrilled with and are on the fence with Trump.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think this was a major fuck up on Biden's part (or whomever told him to pick her). 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    Kamala Harris, a senator from California?  There goes a major chunk of the moderate vote for Biden and definitely many conservatives who are not thrilled with and are on the fence with Trump.  I hope I'm wrong, but I think this was a major fuck up on Biden's part (or whomever told him to pick her). 
    Completely agree. Even in spite of Benghazi, I think Rice is the better pick. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:

As pessimistic as I am, I don't think that's a big concern.  I know the word "California" is practically a curse word nowadays but I don't see the fact that she happens to be from there to really be a key factor with moderates or anyone else considering not voting for Trump.  Being a woman and being black, on the other hand...

The only downside of California is that she doesn't give a boost in a swing state, like, say, Klobuchar would have in Minnesota.

• Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

As pessimistic as I am, I don't think that's a big concern.  I know the word "California" is practically a curse word nowadays but I don't see the fact that she happens to be from there to really be a key factor with moderates or anyone else considering not voting for Trump.  Being a woman and being black, on the other hand...

The only downside of California is that she doesn't give a boost in a swing state, like, say, Klobuchar would have in Minnesota.

Amy was my preferred pick when he said it’d be a woman. Some have said though that she fucked something up in relation to the Minneapolis PD years ago (can’t remember what) and that could have hurt the ticket following the Floyd killing. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Biden/Harris can win...

knew it was coming
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

No doubt I came across as a pessimist but I believe what I said to be based on a realistic assessment of the situation.  I just talked to a friend who is more moderate than I am and she agrees it's a bad choice.  She said she thinks choosing Harris will be seen as "pandering to the black vote".  Sure, Dems need the black vote and I'm all for it, but what we really need at this time in history is all the votes we can get to defeat Trump.  I think we've just taken a big step in the wrong direction. 

Believe me, I hope I am wrong about this.

"The only downside of California is that she doesn't give a boost in a swing state, like, say, Klobuchar would have in Minnesota."

Excellent point and one my friend mentioned as well.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    Should we keep the conversation about Harris here or move it to the other (new) Harris thread?  It's going to get hard to follow this in two places.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    WTF is wrong with y’all that think Harris isn’t conservative enough?  She was the most conservative choice. Have we really moved the political discourse so far to the right that Kamala Harris looks like a liberal....come on.  If anything she seals the Moderate republicans into the Biden corner.  Also she will destroy Pence!  Not my top nick by a country mile but I think it helps beat trump in the long run so I’m not gonna talk too much shot unless she does something stupid.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    WTF is wrong with y’all that think Harris isn’t conservative enough?  She was the most conservative choice. Have we really moved the political discourse so far to the right that Kamala Harris looks like a liberal....come on.  If anything she seals the Moderate republicans into the Biden corner.  Also she will destroy Pence!  Not my top nick by a country mile but I think it helps beat trump in the long run so I’m not gonna talk too much shot unless she does something stupid.

Yep...her race is going to fool people into thinking she's a crazy liberal even though she's a moderate with a GOP-like history from her prosecuting days.  Of course look at how many people think Obama's a nutty liberal.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

No doubt I came across as a pessimist but I believe what I said to be based on a realistic assessment of the situation.  I just talked to a friend who is more moderate than I am and she agrees it's a bad choice.  She said she thinks choosing Harris will be seen as "pandering to the black vote".  Sure, Dems need the black vote and I'm all for it, but what we really need at this time in history is all the votes we can get to defeat Trump.  I think we've just taken a big step in the wrong direction. 

"The only downside of California is that she doesn't give a boost in a swing state, like, say, Klobuchar would have in Minnesota."

Yeah, I think you're wrong about this one, Brian. It's a real solid choice.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah I actually think it's a sign that Biden would be better at governing than Trump is. He doesn't hold grudges like a little kid. It presents a nice contrast. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

If I am proven wrong, I will be happy as a clam at high tide!

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

Been reading multiple reporters saying this was the choice Trump wanted the least. They were hoping for Rice or Bass. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

Been reading multiple reporters saying this was the choice Trump wanted the least. They were hoping for Rice or Bass. 

I'm liking the sound of that!  I hadn't heard that, but if true, great!

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    OnWis97 said:

dignin said:
    She's gonna make Pence look like a clown.

No she's not.  Pence always looks like a clown.
    Touché
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    I thought they...liked cops? See how the far right doesn’t quite know how to handle this?

Good choice

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,341
    Biden
    I'm on board. Losing a strong voice in senate hearings though. Good news is a D gov will appoint the successor until someone is voted in....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    Yeah I’m on board too! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    I’ll trade ya poll selections. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Biden
    Yeah I’m on board too! 
    I'M WITH HER!

oh wait....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Biden
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    I’ll trade ya poll selections. 
    Aren't you PA?