Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,415
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Well it brings up a curious point.  This allegation has been out there for a year,  shopped to various outlets and lawyers.  There's no doubt that Sanders team has researched it in full.  Yet they never brought it up and he suspended his campaign.  That strikes me as they see it lacks merit.  Sanders will have had oppo research look into this for sure. 
    Here's Bernie's Press Secretary calling the allegations credible

Burisma isn’t close to being a credible issue.  It damages the integrity of her post.
    Yeah, agree totally on Burisma but that's not the point. We're talking about the sexual assault allegations. We don't have to speculate on what the Bernie campaign thought of them. She's telling us.
    I don’t know that she speaks for the campaign.  She’s listed as “former”.  The fact that she thinks Burisma is credible calls into question her general judgment on the issue.  
    Former because the campaign is suspended. Come on, man. This isn't difficult stuff to confirm. Just Google her name if you need to see piles of articles.

I know she's former, so she no longer speaks for the campaign.  That's my point.  She also works for the Intercept, who are the ones that gave new life to the story two weeks ago.  
    I guess I just don't see how any of this makes the story less believable (beyond its own merits).
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Well it brings up a curious point.  This allegation has been out there for a year,  shopped to various outlets and lawyers.  There's no doubt that Sanders team has researched it in full.  Yet they never brought it up and he suspended his campaign.  That strikes me as they see it lacks merit.  Sanders will have had oppo research look into this for sure. 

Burisma isn’t close to being a credible issue.  It damages the integrity of her post.
    Yeah, agree totally on Burisma but that's not the point. We're talking about the sexual assault allegations. We don't have to speculate on what the Bernie campaign thought of them. She's telling us.
    I don’t know that she speaks for the campaign.  She’s listed as “former”.  The fact that she thinks Burisma is credible calls into question her general judgment on the issue.  
    Former because the campaign is suspended. Come on, man. This isn't difficult stuff to confirm. Just Google her name if you need to see piles of articles.

I know she's former, so she no longer speaks for the campaign.  That's my point.  She also works for the Intercept, who are the ones that gave new life to the story two weeks ago.  
    You know, on second thought:

Getting back to your original point, if the publication that you say gave this story new life just happens to be the former employer of Bernie's Press Secretary, wouldn't that lead you to believe that they DID actively try to use this against Biden?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,520
    edited April 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Getting back to your original point, if the publication that you say gave this story new life just happens to be the former employer of Bernie's Press Secretary, wouldn't that lead you to believe that they DID actively try to use this against Biden?
    It's possible.  That's a way to look at it.  Are you saying that they find it to be meritorious or not?
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,102
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

She doesn’t say if she thinks Burisma is credible or not. She’s only listing it as something that could have been used as a possible attack on Biden’s electability argument.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    NYT deleted their fantastic tweet

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    It's bullshit...I think it was the NY Times or WP that had an article on it this morning that mentioned they talked with co-workers of the accuser and she never mentioned it to them. 

Not to say that means it didn't happen....it is just unlikely.  
    You may be an expert, and I am not. But please show me statistics on sexual assault/abuse and how certain it is that the accuser mentions it to co-workers. As in it being an unlikely thing to happen if they do not chitchat about it with coworkers? 

My sparse knowledge on women reacting to these kind of things -- and in the early 90s to boot -- the era where @mrussel1 says acting like Bloomberg against women was not anything out of the ordinary and where men behaved like Joe himself and his friends against Anita Hill -- is that it would not be unlikely to not chitchat about your boss sticking his hand inside your vagina against your will, with colleagues. 

I think, saying it is unlikely it happened because she did not bring it up to anyone or in this case anyone but her most trusted (mom, brother, best friends) is a slap in the face on women to be honest. 

Did Christine Bailey Ford chitchat with her co-workers, or at the time all of her classmates about being assaulted?

Ask around your female relatives and female friends. Did they?

Also:

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,147
    Biden
    It's bullshit...I think it was the NY Times or WP that had an article on it this morning that mentioned they talked with co-workers of the accuser and she never mentioned it to them. 

You may be an expert, and I am not. But please show me statistics on sexual assault/abuse and how certain it is that the accuser mentions it to co-workers. As in it being an unlikely thing to happen if they do not chitchat about it with coworkers? 

My sparse knowledge on women reacting to these kind of things -- and in the early 90s to boot -- the era where @mrussel1 says acting like Bloomberg against women was not anything out of the ordinary and where men behaved like Joe himself and his friends against Anita Hill -- is that it would not be unlikely to not chitchat about your boss sticking his hand inside your vagina against your will, with colleagues. 

I think, saying it is unlikely it happened because she did not bring it up to anyone or in this case anyone but her most trusted (mom, brother, best friends) is a slap in the face on women to be honest. 

Did Christine Bailey Ford chitchat with her co-workers, or at the time all of her classmates about being assaulted?

Also:

I think you are capable of doing your own research.  Although it's Christine Blasey Ford.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Did Bernie endorse Biden yet?

Bernie needs to endorse Biden.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    Did Bernie endorse Biden yet?

Bernie needs to endorse Biden.

Has Biden dropped out yet?

Biden should drop out

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out

Also:

Although it's Christine Blasey Ford.
    Be better.

Thank you.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,930

Biden has announced that he will choose a female as his Vice President, and will elect a Black Female to the Supreme Court. Shame that the BEST QUALIFIED has nothing to do with his decisions.

I guess I will vote for Trump, since I do not support sexism or racism.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,147
    Biden

Biden has announced that he will choose a female as his Vice President, and will elect a Black Female to the Supreme Court. Shame that the BEST QUALIFIED has nothing to do with his decisions.

#metoo....at least tRump doesn't sexually assault people
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden

When you're looking at,  say the SCOTUS, there are likely many people who are qualified.  There's no MOST.  That word isn't relevant when speaking about people with years of relevant,  if not differing experiences.  So having a person who brings a unique experience is good.  

Im pretty sure you weren't 50/50 before this.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,930
    mrussel1 said:

When you're looking at,  say the SCOTUS, there are likely many people who are qualified.  There's no MOST.  That word isn't relevant when speaking about people with years of relevant,  if not differing experiences.  So having a person who brings a unique experience is good.  

Im pretty sure you weren't 50/50 before this.

Your are correct, I was not 50/50.

But like I discussed with you months ago. Its all about the swing states.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's possible.  That's a way to look at it.  Are you saying that they find it to be meritorious or not?
    She used the word credible, so I guess it's however you want to read that. To me that puts it somewhere along a continuum of "worthy of further investigation" to "this probably happened."

Personally, I think it requires further investigation but I have no idea what the appropriate forum is. He's technically just a private citizen, right? Do you hold hearings for someone seeking public office? Or is the only opportunity through the legal system? I don't trust the media to aggressively pursue it.
  • Options
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    I followed her for a while at t height of the Russia investigation.  There was more grandstanding and gotchas than anything.  I appreciate her effort but if this is like her reporting on Russian collusion I don’t think it will be seen as credible.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I followed her for a while at t height of the Russia investigation.  There was more grandstanding and gotchas than anything.  I appreciate her effort but if this is like her reporting on Russian collusion I don’t think it will be seen as credible.  
    Much of her reporting on Russian collusion was way ahead of, and confirmed by Mueller report. 

I saw she had a misfire, which she ultimately apologized for.  But otherwise has been accurate and prescient.  

That aside, doesn't seem to discount what she's reporting here.  Tara Reade is changing her story from "my abusive boyfriend forced me to leave Biden's campaign".  Which one of Tara Reade's stories are we supposed to believe here?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Much of her reporting on Russian collusion was way ahead of, and confirmed by Mueller report. 

I saw she had a misfire, which she ultimately apologized for.  But otherwise has been accurate and prescient.  

That aside, doesn't seem to discount what she's reporting here.  Tara Reade is changing her story from "my abusive boyfriend forced me to leave Biden's campaign".  Which one of Tara Reade's stories are we supposed to believe here?
    Exactly.  One thing has nothing to do with the other.  Were these her blog posts?  Were they false and NOW she's telling the truth?  Mensch is irrelevant, she is just posting the information.

If those really were her blogs, and she said an abusive partner made her leave Biden, and you couple that with how her story has escalated in from 'touching' to 'rape' over the past 12 months, then I think you can pretty much bag this one as being done.  She has lost credibility.

To the question about the private citizen, that's exactly right.  There is no forum or recourse other than journalism or filing a charge (if the SOL hasn't run, I have no idea).  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    https://apple.news/AOHt7-IEMTcCSB2JLVKsMug Bernie endorses Biden now shut up
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Weep for those with nonfunctional bullshit detectors who allow their minds to be poisoned by grifters like Louise Mensch because life is nothing but Trump rage

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/josephbernstein/menschs-list

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/twitter-verification-problem

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/15561842/trump-russia-louise-mensch
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    https://apple.news/AOHt7-IEMTcCSB2JLVKsMug Bernie endorses Biden now shut up
    Ha!  That's awesome.  Obviously the power of the PJ board forced Bernie's hand.  

Also, getting back to the 'Tara' angle, this furthers my argument that Sanders Team investigated this and decided it was without merit.  Why would this flurry of activity happen now, if they thought it was real.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Biden
    Bernie endorses Biden
    Battle of AMT continues
    Film at 11

"...I changed by not changing at all..."