Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    I'm sitting this one out

mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    I feel that VP Joe is more progressive than he's given credit for. He's the one that encouraged President Obama to take action on same-sex marriage. That was pretty darn progressive. There may have been much more but we'll see how he governs, if there's any justice in the world at all. I have to believe there is.
    Not according to himself

What do you mean? Kats statement was 100% correct.  
    I think he is more "put a finger up in the air to see the way the wind blows, and lie if you have to" than he's given credit for.

That statement is 100% correct.
    Except that he was ahead of the POTUS on that issue, which is what Kat's point was.  This isn't difficult to navigate.  
    And I was responding to, and I quote, "I feel that VP Joe is more progressive than he's given credit for."

And I quote again, "This isn't difficult to navigate."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Joe Biden wins Alaska Democratic primary

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/politics/joe-biden-alaska-primary-results/index.html

Did Bernie endorse Biden yet?

Bernie needs to endorse Biden.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:

Bernie needs to endorse Biden
    Talk about pointless. 
    That’s not pointless at all. Not only does Bernie need to endorse Sleepy Woke Joe, he needs to heartily endorse him and actively campaign for him. But I won’t hold my breath.
    The constant repeating is pointless and boring. 
    Not so boring that it didn’t engage you now, right? State your case. Make your point. Defend it. But please stop complaining.
    Boring 
    Weak. And frightened.
    Haaaa. Sure thing pal. Not a chance. Here’s my point. 
    What Bernie is doing is stupid. I agree. I really do. We are divided enough. To create division within your own party is insane to me. But those posts come off as pretentious. Which will create further division. A Bernie supporter who sees those constant posts will get deterred. And doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose? Isn’t it supposed to be unite to defeat trump? Nobody like to be spoken to like that. 
    You could have said that in your first response and maybe not have been so bored?

To your point, if a Bernie supporter going to determine how they vote based on what a poster on a band’s message board says, or from a twitter feed or faceturd threads and posts, then there really is no hope. Bernie should now be trying to convince his followers as hard as possible to do the right thing and get behind Biden and get Team Trump Treason out of the White House. And until that happens or until Bernie supporters pull the lever for Sleepy Woke Joe, they’re nothing more than DINOs and illustrate that they really don’t care about the ideals they claim to be champions of, scorn, arrogance and sexual harassment notwithstanding in their way of politicking.
     Facts Matter--

1) Shaming fellow voters didn't work in 2016...

2) Thinking Progressives just follow Bernie blindly is shallow thinking... (see #1 again)

3) It's the candidates job to convince voters in order to win a particular sector of the electorate...  (see #1 again)

4)  A "Corporate Democrat" doesn't mean you're a supporter of the Democratic Party that works for a Corporation...  I'd use rollings eyes on this one, but it would be rude... (see #1 again)

Did I say “progressives follow Bernie blindly?” No, I said any Bernie supporters that determine how they vote based on this website or any other social media post is an indicator of how fucked we are. And, if you can’t see the choice before you and the ramifications of that choice, ie the bigger picture, then you’re (you in the general sense) are a DINO and part of the problem.

Interesting that you use the term “progressive” and not democrat. Why is that? Maybe it’s time you Bernie supporters started your own damn political party and stop trying to hijack the dems and complain when it fails? Infuckingsufferable.

Politics is a rude game. Get used to it. See the snake emoji for context.
    I never said you....  I use the term Progressive in that sentence, because it's not a political party.... 
    but you quoted me in your response and numbered your counter argument as if you were replying directly to me.

Can progressives support Sleepy woke joe? Because if progressives are going to be so “pure,” they need to start their own political party.
    sorry... quoted conversation... but if you wanna own it..  Did shame work in 2016? 

So your idea is "Love it or Leave it!" "Agree with me or get the fuck out!"... Sorry, but I prefer to work to make it better for all... 

You want even more partisanship within your own party? Not a winning strategy... 

The Bernie supporters don’t seem to want to work within the dem party nor to rally around “their party’s” nominee, so yea, leave and don’t fuck it up for us true dems.

Shame of who? Bernie supporters who’s candidate lost? Or the Deplorables? How should we refer to Team Trump Treason supporters? I’m still with Hillary. Seems you never were? I have no problem “owning it.”

You can’t even begin to “work to make it better for all,” if you can’t rally around and behind the party that you claim as your own, or more likely have decided to hijack because it’s easier than starting your own pure as the driven snow party.

Back to facts, after the past three and a half years and seeing how Team Trump Treason and his administration have conducted themselves, that anyone would pull the lever for him or need convincing from the opposition candidate before voting is a cop out and to claim ignorance of the facts. That’s partisanship for you.

You can’t see the forest for the weeds. Good luck with that.

Why the hostility? I wouldn't vote for that douchebag ever... 

Relax... Have a nice day! 

I’m sorry that you find reality hostile.

Relax, have a great day! 💯 
    Feel better getting that jab in? 

Hope so... Have a Nice Day! 
    You were apparently being threatened by some kind of hostility while all I was doing was expressing reality. Why so hostile, bro?

No more than you feeling the “hostility.” Have a great night! 💯 
    Do you have to be an asshole in every post?... btw not threatened at all.. I asked because you seem hostile to anyone that may have a different opinion. Your bully attitude does not threaten me in the slightest.. I actually find it funny and sad.

Maybe try just once to respect other members opinions without the smart ass response? It will be good for your soul....
    Triggered Bernie supporters! Happy Easter 💯!

p fucking s, my soul is fine, try punctuation. 💯 

funny and sad are human emotions, so I’ll give you phat. Are you funny? Or, are you sad? Hope you’re having a fine fucking Easter 💯!

Did somebody call me an asshole? In my Eyeore voice. Again? Whyyyyyyy fuckingbothermotherfuckershitstopcomplaincantstoptheshitshaimoffendeccantbedefendedeveryomeknowslikeslimshadyitsgettinhazylashingoutcrazyyou’reaberniebrogotnotbingbutcomplaonzieseelikethisagainseelemmespellioiseeyo! Motherfuckerisblindnohearingdamnnowismearinthedeathyouseecuzthereaintnoreslityitszeroosumgamenooneseesitsacatatasropheebutyoic as BC-o-

Hahahahahahaha, break it down and tell us, insert adjective here, how you really feel.

ps: I’ve been called an asshole since I was born, you can do better. 💯 
    Gross. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:

"...beyond hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable."

So, pretty much --

NO PATTERN OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT EXCEPT FOR THE PATTERN OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT.

Reads like a THE ONION tweet

Heh...yup. If anyone wants to know why third parties are appealing in situations like this, it's because of shit like this.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I said 10000 doesn’t do much depending where you live.  Especially high rent places like NYC, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin etc.  Going from 35000 to 45000 basically allows one to still barely get by just a bit more comfortably.

Another point is that the article you referenced points to average wage.  Well to keep it simple  let’s make up an imaginary company. 9 make 25000 and one makes 150000. That average salary is 37,500. The average salary doesn’t do jack for the workers making 25000.  

Getting back to this thread.  I  am absolutely going to vote for a corporate establishment democrat because The alternative is unacceptable. 

This is my last one for the night.  I do enjoy going back and forth on these topics with y’all and respect your points of view.
    Without,  hopefully belaboring the point,  I want to round out the original point.  I agree with 80% of what you say, even without discussion.  In the end I'd probably agree with more.  I don't think corporations are benevolent,  and they aren't intended to be so.  But neither are small businesses necessarily.  

However, the main point is that I consider the term "corporate Democrat" to be a pejorative. I found it insulting and unhelpful from the start.  Happy Sunday or Easter,  whichever you celebrate. 
    Everyday is Sunday lately and I celebrate everyone.  Enjoy yours as well.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:

Bernie needs to endorse Biden
    Talk about pointless. 
    That’s not pointless at all. Not only does Bernie need to endorse Sleepy Woke Joe, he needs to heartily endorse him and actively campaign for him. But I won’t hold my breath.
    The constant repeating is pointless and boring. 
    Not so boring that it didn’t engage you now, right? State your case. Make your point. Defend it. But please stop complaining.
    Boring 
    Weak. And frightened.
    Haaaa. Sure thing pal. Not a chance. Here’s my point. 
    What Bernie is doing is stupid. I agree. I really do. We are divided enough. To create division within your own party is insane to me. But those posts come off as pretentious. Which will create further division. A Bernie supporter who sees those constant posts will get deterred. And doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose? Isn’t it supposed to be unite to defeat trump? Nobody like to be spoken to like that. 
    You could have said that in your first response and maybe not have been so bored?

To your point, if a Berniebrosis is going to determine how they vote based on what a poster on a band’s message board says, or from a twitter feed or faceturd threads and posts, then there really is no hope. Bernie should now be trying to convince his followers as hard as possible to do the right thing and get behind Biden and get Team Trump Treason out of the White House. And until that happens or until Berniebrosises pull the lever for Sleepy Woke Joe, they’re nothing more than DINOs and illustrate that they really don’t care about the ideals they claim to be champions of, scorn, arrogance and sexual harassment notwithstanding in their way of politicking.
     Facts Matter--

1) Shaming fellow voters didn't work in 2016...

2) Thinking Progressives just follow Bernie blindly is shallow thinking... (see #1 again)

3) It's the candidates job to convince voters in order to win a particular sector of the electorate...  (see #1 again)

4)  A "Corporate Democrat" doesn't mean you're a supporter of the Democratic Party that works for a Corporation...  I'd use rollings eyes on this one, but it would be rude... (see #1 again)

So what's the official Bernie Sanders pejorative definition of a corporate Democrat?

Edit - and isn't Sanders and company shaming fellow Democrats by employing that term? 

I am actually starting to get a little frustrated with Biden. I know he is sending out videos but I hardly see them getting coverage. I understand he will never be able to compete with the orange master at using the bully pulpit but democrats better start to figure out quick how to get some attention at what their ideas are to get out of this mess.

My suggestion would be for Biden and some of the governors to hold a joint press conference a few times each week and model it after how Cuomo does his pressers. Schedule them for 90 minutes after Trumps pressers are scheduled to start and title the Democratic Solutions to the covid crisis.

They should present a bullet point plan, similar to how Cuomo presents facts and figures. Make the argument that the decisions to reopen should be based on scientific analysis of safety and should be gradual, not some orange idiot pontificating and rambling about his feelings for two hours.

It’s too quiet on the Democratic side. It’s time for the governors and Biden to band together and be heard. Even Pelosi.
    I don't know. I think the correct plan, right now, is to hunker down and let Trump continue to dig his own grave. We have a national crisis and his approval numbers are still in the mid 40's and starting to go back down. Any other president would easily be in the 70%-80% range at this point .

Still have a long way to go, but early head to head numbers and even numbers in battleground states show Biden stacking up better than most challengers going back to Truman. 
    agreed...plus it is still hard to criticize a sitting president in the middle of a national disaster even when the president is making it worse.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,749
    Biden
    CM189191 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/politics/joe-biden-alaska-primary-results/index.html

This, for sure!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:

This, for sure!

I think he should wait and see for a bit. no point in endorsing a sexual assaulter.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:

This, for sure!

I think he should wait and see for a bit. no point in endorsing a sexual assaulter.
    Ha 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    Biden
    Well it brings up a curious point.  This allegation has been out there for a year,  shopped to various outlets and lawyers.  There's no doubt that Sanders team has researched it in full.  Yet they never brought it up and he suspended his campaign.  That strikes me as they see it lacks merit.  Sanders will have had oppo research look into this for sure. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Biden
    It's bullshit...I think it was the NY Times or WP that had an article on it this morning that mentioned they talked with co-workers of the accuser and she never mentioned it to them. 

Not to say that means it didn't happen....it is just unlikely.  

And holy shit even if it did happen tRUmp has multiple accusations against him and the tRumpsters don't give a shit. Kind of hard to point the finger.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    Biden
    It's bullshit...I think it was the NY Times or WP that had an article on it this morning that mentioned they talked with co-workers of the accuser and she never mentioned it to them. 

And holy shit even if it did happen tRUmp has multiple accusations against him and the tRumpsters don't give a shit. Kind of hard to point the finger.
    read what you reference in The Times this morning. WaPo may have something similar.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out

Put "comparing and contrasting the candidates' sexual assault accusations" into the bucket of why people may explore third parties
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    Well it brings up a curious point.  This allegation has been out there for a year,  shopped to various outlets and lawyers.  There's no doubt that Sanders team has researched it in full.  Yet they never brought it up and he suspended his campaign.  That strikes me as they see it lacks merit.  Sanders will have had oppo research look into this for sure. 
    By that logic, which accusations against Trump were leveraged by Cruz or Rubio? If they didn't run with any, we can assume he's clean?
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:

This, for sure!

The point for me is not that I expect Biden to be a great man or a great president.  He was not my first choice.  No, the point is to oust the man who is ruining the country and endangering the world.  And as far as I know, Biden has not been proven to be a sexual offender.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I'm still in favor of the notion "innocent until proven guilty".  I guess that must be an "old fashioned" notion these days. 

So yeah, Bernie needs to endorse Biden, like him or not.  Otherwise, you want 4 more years of Trump?  I say, "fuck that".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    By that logic, which accusations against Trump were leveraged by Cruz or Rubio? If they didn't run with any, we can assume he's clean?
    Weren't those accusations very public in 16?
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Which ones? I only remember Stormy Daniels, which was a consensual affair.

And this is very public, too. If Cruz and Rubio didn't run with the very public accusations, then I guess we are also to believe that there is nothing to them.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    Win at all costs, and hide the dirty laundry as long as you can. Replacing Trump with a Dem is all they care about, even if that means backing a potential sexual predator who also seems to have a thing for sniffing children. Remember though, they care about the people first and foremost...sure. DC is vile.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    Here's Bernie's Press Secretary calling the allegations credible

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Biden
    i'm voting biden. but trump is going to win. he will do everything in his power to bend the rules to make sure he does. 
    Including getting help from the Russians. I've never seen him once speak out against the Russian interference in our election. 

As long as they're helping him win he's fine with looking the other with disinterest. Oh it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he won the election come November. If he wins you then you'll TRULY see the very WORST in Trump if that's possible over the next four years.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

And this is very public, too. If Cruz and Rubio didn't run with the very public accusations, then I guess we are also to believe that there is nothing to them.
       Karen McDougal
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Win at all costs, and hide the dirty laundry as long as you can. Replacing Trump with a Dem is all they care about, even if that means backing a potential sexual predator who also seems to have a thing for sniffing children. Remember though, they care about the people first and foremost...sure. DC is vile.

Another unproven accusation.  This must be "a thing" these days.

So do you support Trump and his "pussy grabbing" ( a proven by his own words accusation)?

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’m saying the accusations against Trump were litigated in the press and likely baked into the numbers.  While perhaps theSanders campaign laid off the issue, even if they found them credible ( no evidence of that), it doesn’t explain why he chose now to suspend the campaign.  If they thought they were credible, why not wait it out?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Karen McDougal
    Also a consensual affair

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-model-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Burisma isn’t close to being a credible issue.  It damages the integrity of her post.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Burisma isn’t close to being a credible issue.  It damages the integrity of her post.
    Yeah, agree totally on Burisma but that's not the point. We're talking about the sexual assault allegations. We don't have to speculate on what the Bernie campaign thought of them. She's telling us.
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, agree totally on Burisma but that's not the point. We're talking about the sexual assault allegations. We don't have to speculate on what the Bernie campaign thought of them. She's telling us.
    I don’t know that she speaks for the campaign.  She’s listed as “former”.  The fact that she thinks Burisma is credible calls into question her general judgment on the issue.  
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don’t know that she speaks for the campaign.  She’s listed as “former”.  The fact that she thinks Burisma is credible calls into question her general judgment on the issue.  
    Former because the campaign is suspended. Come on, man. This isn't difficult stuff to confirm. Just Google her name if you need to see piles of articles.

• Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Former because the campaign is suspended. Come on, man. This isn't difficult stuff to confirm. Just Google her name if you need to see piles of articles.

I know she's former, so she no longer speaks for the campaign.  That's my point.  She also works for the Intercept, who are the ones that gave new life to the story two weeks ago.  
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    I'm sitting this one out
    brianlux said:
    JW269453 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Another unproven accusation.  This must be "a thing" these days.

So do you support Trump and his "pussy grabbing" ( a proven by his own words accusation)?
    I clearly said potential. I would say that an allegation of rape should be getting equal attention at the very least as the recording of what trump said did. Why that isn’t the case seems very strange to me.