Options

I’m Sorry But Gigaton Is A Major Dissapointment

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093
    bigbiggzy said:
    One other thing....watch the videos they created for each song.  
    The stimulating earth videos make it more palatable.

Quick Escape I like.  I might be able to move on with momentum from that.
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276
    edited April 2020
    -
    Post edited by Eilian on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    My Top 10 Phil Collins Songs (in no particular order):

Colours

Find A Way To My Heart

It Don’t Matter To Me

Another Time

I Don’t Wanna Know

All Of My Life

I Wish It Would Rain Down

Inside Out

Doesn’t Anybody Stay Together Anymore

Father To Son

One more night, I missed again, I dont care anymore, I cannot believe its true, the roof is leaking, in the air tonight,  tough to reach 10 :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,146

Colours

Find A Way To My Heart

It Don’t Matter To Me

Another Time

I Don’t Wanna Know

All Of My Life

Inside Out

Father To Son

https://youtu.be/TnzFRV1LwIo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,693

Colours

Find A Way To My Heart

It Don’t Matter To Me

Another Time

I Don’t Wanna Know

All Of My Life

Inside Out

Father To Son

There's no duet with Phillip Bailey on this list.  You're obviously a troll. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,554
    Im just waiting to make a top 10 list of the lists y'all are making.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    KC138045 said:
    I was very excited to to crank this new album on my way home from work yesterday. It started out great with Who Ever Said and I was loving it up thorough Quick Escape then it quickly went downhill. I kept waiting for the next song to bring it back but that didn’t happen.  Ive listened to it now multiple times trying to like it but I just don’t. I personally put this as their worse album and it sounds more of an Ed solo album than a full band effort in my opinion. 
    First time through I felt the same way......felt more like a EV solo project.   Is what it is.   For me I had to listen to it without comparing it to past albums.    It's a good album.    The stand out for me is Comes Then Goes.....beautiful song.   I'm not into political pitches....either side....so I wish I didn't have that preconception of a couple of the tracks before hand; not complaining, it's their album and they can use their platform however they want.   Just tired of it constantly thrown in our faces every day now.     I hope a few more songs give me that new PJ music feeling with more play time.       
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093
    Gibson said:
    Im just waiting to make a top 10 list of the lists y'all are making.
    Will yours make that list?
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,695
    Record is incredible.
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    Record is incredible.
    Yup
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 343
    Record is incredible.
    AGREED!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Record is incredible.
    YES
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    My initial impression was meh for many reasons mentioned.  But I gotta say now after several listens---- this album is brilliant!  You really have to listen to it with some good headphones.  The production is top notch, these songs are so rich and complex, eddie's voice, every band member is on fire.  It is such an atmospheric album like none other.  This is a very evolved PJ and it is almost like the last 3 albums (Avocado and on) were to steps to this masterpiece.  It isn't just experimentation for the sake of experimenting....it is almost like finding their own sound again.  These songs are going to be out of this world live btw.

It is so weird because it is first time I've ever been so meh after the first couple listens to a new album.

Can't wait for the second part---if this is truly the first part of a double album it really will be mind blowing!
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2020
    To the OP... why are you “sorry”?
    The album disappointed you. Don’t buy it. Don’t go to shows. Give away all your PJ merch. Buy a billboard in your hometown to call them out. Become a Post Malone fan. Blame Carol Baskin. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I mean, I only unfavor (I don't really want to say dislike) 3 songs in the entire PJ catalog - and even one of those I'm starting to come around to - so maybe my opinion means nothing, but Gigaton is a friggin' masterpiece.
    I'm also glad people hate it.  Maybe it will start thinning the herd.
    Be better than the "leave so I get a better number", "leave so I get better tickets to the MGS show" etc stuff.

I'm glad people think differently on the album because it shows a spectrum of thought and that fans aren't a one thought monolith that worships everything (or hate everything) by the altar of PJ. 

People liking The Fixer though, they are an exception. Sacrifice them to thin the herd.
    I don't really care much about a better number or closer seat, my spots have always been superb.  The herd I'm referring to is the ppl who don't like the last 20 years of product but keep sticking around and bitching about how bad all the albums post-Yield are. 
    I like The Fixer.
  • Options
    First---I really like the new music....tight production and I can really see a few of the songs getting cranked up (to 11) live.
    Second, the conspiracy theorists are claiming that Carol Baskin killed her husband and caused the Coronavirus thereby delaying (?) the PJ world tour....just reporting what "they" are saying out there.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    The album disappointed you. Don’t buy it. Don’t go to shows. Give away all your PJ merch. Buy a billboard in your hometown to call them out. Become a Post Malone fan. Blame Carol Baskin. 
    Exactly. You’re only allowed to not like it in the future. Like it’s totally ok to shit on Backspacer and LB now. That won’t disallow you from being a fan and going to shows. Right? I just want to make sure I understand the rules. Which albums are considered ok to not dig?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Exactly. You’re only allowed to not like it in the future. Like it’s totally ok to shit on Backspacer and LB now. That won’t disallow you from being a fan and going to shows. Right? I just want to make sure I understand the rules. Which albums are considered ok to not dig?
    Are you the OP? Anyways, that was the joke part of the post... the topic seemed so dramatic that I took it to another level. Figured the Carol Baskin comment would be the giveaway. 
    Anyone can really do whatever they want. I could care less. More important things going on in the world than whether or not someone is disappointed in a Pearl Jam album. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    nicknyr15 said:
    Are you the OP? Anyways, that was the joke part of the post... the topic seemed so dramatic that I took it to another level. Figured the Carol Baskin comment would be the giveaway. 
    Anyone can really do whatever they want. I could care less. More important things going on in the world than whether or not someone is disappointed in a Pearl Jam album. 

My comment was more towards the whole thread. Didn’t mean to single you out by quoting you. Stay safe 🤙🏼
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess we should just shut down the forums then cause there's more important things going on in the world than Pearl Jam.  BTW I really like the album.
  • Options
    Did I not say “anyone can do whatever they want”. I was speaking for myself that I could care less as there are other things going on. 
    It really was a joke. I like blaming everything on Carol Baskin these days 😎
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    People liking The Fixer though, they are an exception. Sacrifice them to thin the herd.
    The Fixer : SBWF :: Tomatoes : Ketchup
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed.  I just feel it's amazing that someone had to tell total strangers ON A PEARL JAM BOARD that they don't like the album that just came out.  
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed.  I just feel it's amazing that someone had to tell total strangers ON A PEARL JAM BOARD that they don't like the album that just came out.  
    I just feel it's amazing that someone had to tell total strangers ON A PEARL JAM BOARD that they like the album that just came out.  
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The Fixer : SBWF :: Tomatoes : Ketchup
    I can't decipher that.
  • Options
    I respect if anyone dislikes this album.  However I think that there is not necessarily any reason why this had to be a separate thread - I always felt like having one or two at the most "Gigaton fan opinion" megathreads were all opinions can congregate in one place would be easier instead of every member posting a thread of their personal opinions on the album
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    kramer73 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don’t really care about that. More that they felt the need to apologize first.  Hilarious. It’s almost like “I’m sorry but you are one ugly motherfucker.”  
    Having an opinion is what these boards are for. If you don’t like it... fine. What’s with the apology? I just found that overly dramatic and hilarious so I cracked a joke. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

My comment was more towards the whole thread. Didn’t mean to single you out by quoting you. Stay safe 🤙🏼
    Ahhh ok. I have to admit I was a little confused. Lol
  • Options
    I respect if anyone dislikes this album.  However I think that there is not necessarily any reason why this had to be a separate thread - I always felt like having one or two at the most "Gigaton fan opinion" megathreads were all opinions can congregate in one place would be easier instead of every member posting a thread of their personal opinions on the album
    Anytime something big happens in PJ-world (and releasing an Album is the biggest I would guess) several threads are started. People blurting things out instead of looking for a fitting thread. It is what it is. And that will not stop. Not the next time people aren't getting tickets to MSG either.

Would say it is in the moderators hands then to fuse threads if few "big threads" are to be the strict structure of the board. But it doesn't seem to be that way because moderators aren't fusing/combining threads.

So then, this is what the Pearl Jam board is. People shooting out ideas. And you can choose to interact, or pass it by.
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    edited April 2020
    People are on edge and petty stuff become more than it should. We all love music, we disagree, and it is what it is. I think we can all agree these times do suck ass. I pray for your health and you loved ones health too. I want you all here bitching and celebrating this way a year from now, and then forever. We are family so it is all OK. Trying myself to be peaceful while being an asset to others instead of an .....Please take care my friends. I definitely need you all, and esp now need this board. 
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.