Fan to Fan Ticket Money Stuck in Limbo

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    edited March 2020
    Any updates?  I sold the day before the tour was postponed and still nothing.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any updates?  I sold the day before the tour was postponed and still nothing.
    Nada, unfortunately. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,704
    I contacted them today to ask about payment for a pair I sold and was pretty much told nothing is going to happen until they reschedule the shows. 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    So you're supposed to keep track of tickets you sold and were not paid for... Either keep their money ( the Buyer) or Keep mine and return the ticket to the seller.. 

• JoMa1998JoMa1998 London, Ontario Posts: 37

I sold my set of Ottawa and Hamilton tickets on Feb 28th. March 10th Ticketmaster sent me an email to verify my account and confirm a small deposit was made, which it was. Email indicated 5 to 7 business days until I see my cash.

Nothing back so I have been emailing back and forth with TM the last 2 days, they are asking me for confirmation numbers, listing numbers, etc., even though they have everything they need. 

Ticketmaster's response today "Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately the payment you were supposed to receive for the tickets you sold has now been canceled as the event was postponed. I apologize for the inconvenience. Your fellow fan!"

I followed their process. I did everything exactly how I was supposed to do it....and now this.

To say I am not frustrated would be huge understatement.

2005.09.12-London
    2006.05.09-Toronto
    2007.08.05-Lolla, Grant Park
    2008.08.13-EV Toronto
    2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly
    2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville
    2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton
    2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field
    2014.10.16-Detroit
    2016.05.08-Ottawa; 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22-Wrigley Field
    2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field
    2021.09.24/25/26-Ohana Festival; 2021.10.01/02-Ohana Encore
    2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022-09-15 Nashville 
    2023.08.31-Minneapolis; 2023.09.02-Minneapolis; 2023.09.05-Chicago; 2023.09.07-Chicago; 2023.09.29/30/10.01-Ohana Festival
    2024.05.04-Vancouver; 2024.05.06-Vancouver; 2023.05.10-Portland; 2024.08.29-Wrigley Field; 2024.08.31-Wrigley Field

• timdwillitimdwilli Posts: 296
    That response is definitely concerning. Does that mean that all tickets are going back to the original holder? Or maybe that is the case as of a certain date. I upgraded for one of my shows and already sold/received payment for my pair. Hopefully I am in the clear, but who knows. I also saw that Stubhub is not offering refunds for canceled events, but rather giving a site credit and they are also asking for a government bailout...which is insane!
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    I really wish I could just cancel the sale in this case and give me my tickets back. I’m out tickets and $300 at this point, would rather have the tickets back in my account. 
    Hawk123 said:
    I really wish I could just cancel the sale in this case and give me my tickets back. I’m out tickets and $300 at this point, would rather have the tickets back in my account. 
    Same here.  I sold my tickets march 8th on f2f and haven't gotten anything.  So someone bought my sweet ass tickets by paying ticketmaster but I have gotten zero.  
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Unfortunately, I'm refunding my Denver and MSG tix back to TM-Ticketstoday before they fold and I end up with some kind of "credit" instead of my cash...was fun while it lasted.  Besides, there is no way a NYC show is happening in the next 24 months.  Much more important things to worry about now....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    yah it is a bit wierd.  I get the part about it being that it's similar to reselling but at face value.  You sold your tickets to someone else.  They ask for a refund, you have to honor it, and give the refund.  You should get the tickets back though.  Then you could ask for a refund from TM/Promoter.

I also get what happened is nuts.   All shows cancelled simultaneously for the forseeable future.    This makes it challenging.    The have their own costs.  When you promote you take your cut, and pass the rest onto the band (presumedly when the show is played).  Your cut covers all the expenses, many which might be paid/owed early in the process.  Meaning if everyone asks for refunds at the same time, they probably couldn't pay them?

That being said, if shows are postponed.  I would assume a lot of people keep their tickets.  Especially people who got good tickets.  You wouldn't expect every single person for a postponed show to request a refund.  I would think less than 50%.   That should leave enough money to cover expenses and refund those fans.  Plus you'd get that money back when the new show date gets posted.
  • oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    RobZ said:
    Unfortunately, I'm refunding my Denver and MSG tix back to TM-Ticketstoday before they fold and I end up with some kind of "credit" instead of my cash...was fun while it lasted.  Besides, there is no way a NYC show is happening in the next 24 months.  Much more important things to worry about now....
    I'll buy these tickets from you. I'll send you a private messaged now
    I just got paid for tickets I sold on March 9, right after the postponement
    edited April 2020
    Hawk123 said:
    Interesting. That would be a 180 from what Ticketmaster provided both verbally and in writing to me. Hopefully this is happening and not isolated. I just checked my account for tickets sold on March 7th and still no payment. Glad you got paid though!

Hawk123 said:
    Interesting. That would be a 180 from what Ticketmaster provided both verbally and in writing to me. Hopefully this is happening and not isolated. I just checked my account for tickets sold on March 7th and still no payment. Glad you got paid though!

I was definitely surprised considering it says that you’ll typically be paid 7 days after the event on the tickets in my account. Hopefully payments are coming but just slower than usual. 
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:

I was definitely surprised considering it says that you’ll typically be paid 7 days after the event on the tickets in my account. Hopefully payments are coming but just slower than usual. 
    Yeah, thankfully I am only waiting on one pair, as I was already paid for the first sale. If this isnt an isolated mistake by TM, this is great news for everyone still waiting on payment.
    @shza anything in your account? I know you were waiting for payment on several pairs.
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 755
    That’s some potential good news, I’m still waiting on payments too.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:

Yeah, thankfully I am only waiting on one pair, as I was already paid for the first sale. If this isnt an isolated mistake by TM, this is great news for everyone still waiting on payment.
    @shza anything in your account? I know you were waiting for payment on several pairs.
    Still nothing in my account 
    edited April 2020
    SHZA said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:

Still nothing in my account 
    See if anyone else chimes in with payments recieved for F2F, but thinking this one slipped through the cracks and TM pushed payment to @hawk123
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,815
    I’m hoping we get the rescheduled shows announced soon so I can recoup some of this tied up money.  This is getting ridiculous 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    Nothing here either.  
    It’s been over a month since Ticketmaster emailed me saying they would be mailing a check for my QBC ticket I resold on Fan to Fan that I have yet to receive 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • JV267526JV267526 Posts: 199
    Just spent an hour in online chat with ticketmaster. they are not paying out. They said if they pay out they will be charged twice if event is cancelled. I pointed out this is false since there is the little box in payment options that I have checked that says if show is cancelled, postponed, etc my card would be charged for the buyers tickets not them and they would only refund once to me for the original purchase. The rep would not respond to that and just kept saying no payment until event is cancelled.
    JV267526 said:
    Just spent an hour in online chat with ticketmaster. they are not paying out. They said if they pay out they will be charged twice if event is cancelled. I pointed out this is false since there is the little box in payment options that I have checked that says if show is cancelled, postponed, etc my card would be charged for the buyers tickets not them and they would only refund once to me for the original purchase. The rep would not respond to that and just kept saying no payment until event is cancelled.
    This is a disaster.  Im almost to the point that the band should just cancel the shows so we aren't all stuck in hundreds of dollars in limbo.

Other bands have announced their rescheduled dates already, not sure whats taking PJ so long.  I think that they should announce new dates or cancel by the end of next week at the latest because this limbo status is becoming very frustrating.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,894
    The TM cash grab on F2F payouts is not a reason to cancel the tour or to invent dates without knowing when it will be safe.  It is however a reason to ask 10c to step in and help.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JV267526JV267526 Posts: 199
    edited April 2020
    JV267526 said:
    This is a disaster.  Im almost to the point that the band should just cancel the shows so we aren't all stuck in hundreds of dollars in limbo.

Other bands have announced their rescheduled dates already, not sure whats taking PJ so long.  I think that they should announce new dates or cancel by the end of next week at the latest because this limbo status is becoming very frustrating.
    I don't want them to cancel, because I would love to keep the tickets for the shows I have, but this double dipping and holding payments for fan to fan ticket sales that they have already been paid for is criminal, especially when they contradict their excuse for doing so by having the box in the payment options that safeguards against them being charged twice. 
    JV267526 said:
    JV267526 said:

I don't want them to cancel, because I would love to keep the tickets for the shows I have, but this double dipping and holding payments for fan to fan ticket sales that they have already been paid for is criminal, especially when they contradict their excuse for doing so by having the box in the payment options that safeguards against them being charged twice. 
    Its not just Pearl Jam too.  The "postponed" thing is a loophole ticketmaster is exploiting to hang on to fans money as long as they want.  Pearl Jam can fight back by officially canceling the tour, and then when things calm down, just re book a new tour.  Sure a few cities may get cut out in comparison to the initial schedule but ticketmaster could hold on to this "postponed" thing for however long they want.  What if the band cant make it back to OKC until 2024?  Are they going to consider that postponed and hang onto the money for 3 years?  I wouldn't put it past them.
    edited April 2020
    JV267526 said:
    JV267526 said:

Its not just Pearl Jam too.  The "postponed" thing is a loophole ticketmaster is exploiting to hang on to fans money as long as they want.  Pearl Jam can fight back by officially canceling the tour, and then when things calm down, just re book a new tour.  Sure a few cities may get cut out in comparison to the initial schedule but ticketmaster could hold on to this "postponed" thing for however long they want.  What if the band cant make it back to OKC until 2024?  Are they going to consider that postponed and hang onto the money for 3 years?  I wouldn't put it past them.
    I don't think canceling the tour is the answer, unless scheduling dictates that. A lot of us have F2F tickets that were sold that we are waiting for payment on. My feeling is that this will be ironed out in the coming months. With every event postponed, basically worldwide, they likely are working on figuring it out.

I have Braves season tickets, they haven't communicated a thing on what happens to the money I have already paid for games that likely wont occur. Simply "MLB is working on guidance and we will communicate what that is when we have the information" or something to those effects. As much as this blows for all of us, i'm sure there were never contingency plans put in place for something like this, so they are likely buying them self some time.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    It's aggravating, but I'm not too concerned unless ticketmaster winds up in bankruptcy, which is probably unlikely. Would be nice if 10c goes to bat, but if no one takes the initiative to put pressure on them, why would they? 
  • oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    So I just talked to someone. Figured what else am I doing. I sold my tickets on March 9th. This is what he said "ok shows you have $246.30 in escrow, the turnaround time for refunds is now 30days....your process started on 3-16 should see funds on 4-16" So this is giving me hope. It cold just be a tactic to tell me what I want to hear but this is better than we won't know till the rescheduled date
    oo712 said:
    So I just talked to someone. Figured what else am I doing. I sold my tickets on March 9th. This is what he said "ok shows you have $246.30 in escrow, the turnaround time for refunds is now 30days....your process started on 3-16 should see funds on 4-16" So this is giving me hope. It cold just be a tactic to tell me what I want to hear but this is better than we won't know till the rescheduled date
    That could be what happened with mine. Sold March 9 and paid April 9. Ticketmaster Canada, Hamilton show is what I sold.