Fan to Fan Ticket Money Stuck in Limbo

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 755
    The answer I got earlier today from TM Canada online support, was to wait until June 30, 2020, and see if the event had been cancelled or rescheduled by then. If not I could inquire again at that time about the fan to fan payment timelines.  Not sure the significance of June 30th, but that’s the date they provided.
  • JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    This is a complete joke, I sold my St. Louis tix to someone on the board here on 3/6. So Ticket Master hit up their credit card and will not pay me for the sale. It appears they are propping up their business during this time by keeping both of our tix cost - $242 each. This has been a complete joke. What kind of business practice is this? I was told that all sales were put on a manual hold on 3/12. They then said until the venue and the band make a decision, our funds will remain in limbo. So until the band and venues land the plane, our funds are in limbo. Which, IMO sucks given that is grocery and medical expense funds I currently need. Thanks Ticketmaster. #ThisBlows
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Got my Denver/MSG refunds today...
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• brarblebrarble Posts: 19
    Has anyone tried doing a chargeback on their credit card? It honestly seems like a decent option at this point.

My main concern with that route is that I have tickets to several other non PJ shows (not yet canceled) on my account and apparently Ticketmaster can ban you for doing a chargeback. So I'm worried I may get my cash for PJ but lose it for all those (and then get stuck a cycle of doing more more chargebacks...)
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    brarble said:
    Has anyone tried doing a chargeback on their credit card? It honestly seems like a decent option at this point.

My main concern with that route is that I have tickets to several other non PJ shows (not yet canceled) on my account and apparently Ticketmaster can ban you for doing a chargeback. So I'm worried I may get my cash for PJ but lose it for all those (and then get stuck a cycle of doing more more chargebacks...)
    What's the time limit to initiate a chargeback? 
  • brarblebrarble Posts: 19
    I think the time limit depends on the card. But I think mine is 60 days and these were purchased (and then sold) via the fan2fan market, so would fall in the time frame.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    JV267526 said:
    Just spent an hour in online chat with ticketmaster. they are not paying out. They said if they pay out they will be charged twice if event is cancelled. I pointed out this is false since there is the little box in payment options that I have checked that says if show is cancelled, postponed, etc my card would be charged for the buyers tickets not them and they would only refund once to me for the original purchase. The rep would not respond to that and just kept saying no payment until event is cancelled.
    This is a disaster.  Im almost to the point that the band should just cancel the shows so we aren't all stuck in hundreds of dollars in limbo.

Other bands have announced their rescheduled dates already, not sure whats taking PJ so long.  I think that they should announce new dates or cancel by the end of next week at the latest because this limbo status is becoming very frustrating.
    Any band who has rescheduled dates for 2020 is merely delaying the inevitable at this point. Just as they were the first to officially postpone their tour, they're more than likely holding off on announcing any rescheduled dates at this point until they're absolutely certain they'll be able to hold the shows. Frustrating to say the least but probably the best course to take. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,208
    I sold a couple extra pairs on the F2F site a couple hours before the announcement was made. Still haven't received my $$$ either. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    It’s a bit disappointing that the band hasn’t address this. I know they don’t “have to” but for a band that is so vocal about social issues it sucks that they are staying silent while TM takes advantage of the little guy’s finances in a crisis.

This is clearly against the T&Cs. There is no way it is legal to hold two payments for the same seats. Unfortunately we who are affected are too small of a group to bring any type of meaningful lawsuit. The only hope would be pressure from the band.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    I still have this in ticketmaster.ca:
    POSTPONED
    Pearl Jam - Reporté/Postponed
    Centre Videotron - Québec, QC
    2 Tickets
    Sec 113, Row BB, Seats 19-20
    Total Amount
    CA$310.20
    Payout to
    Not Available

So again, they have my money and the buyers money for the two same tickets.  Any ideas, suggestions?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    edited April 2020
    You should each dispute/stop payment in your credit card.
    @RS65573 even though I bought the tickets back in January?
    RS65573 said:
    You should each dispute/stop payment in your credit card.
    Unfortunately I have 7 pairs of tickets in limbo right now across different bands and I’ve heard disputing payments can lead to your TM account getting blacklisted. I am worried I will lose the tickets I want to keep and/or get refunded for a pair I dispute with my CC and lose the other 6 pairs due to TM blacklisting my account. 
    I had 2 pairs. I don't know about blacklisting and I don't really care, these are extraordinary times. I was able to go back and dispute in Wells Fargo, so I did. We shall see.
    I am involved with an online chat with ticketmaster as I type.  Fingers crossed.
    Here we go:
    Michael I'm sorry you have not received your payment. Please understand your payment is currently on hold while we are waiting to determine if your event is going to be canceled or rescheduled. In order to provide you with as much information as we can, we have created a portal that will be updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.
    Right, til the 90 days to dispute is up...let the bohemiths of Ticketmaster and Wells Fargo fight it out is my plan. They had til now to do the right thing, when have they EVER done the right thing.
    I understand you sold the tickets Michael, however we cannot release payments until the event is rescheduled or canceled. I'm sorry.
    Michael, I'm sorry. If the event is canceled all sales are reversed and buyers are refunded. If the event is rescheduled then you would receive payment. Right now the event is postponed. We have to wait for the event provider to determine if your event is going to be canceled or rescheduled. We can not release your payment at this time.
    If the event is canceled all sales are reversed and buyers are refunded. If the event is rescheduled then you would receive payment. Right now the event is postponed.
    JBob87 said:
    It’s a bit disappointing that the band hasn’t address this. I know they don’t “have to” but for a band that is so vocal about social issues it sucks that they are staying silent while TM takes advantage of the little guy’s finances in a crisis.

This is clearly against the T&Cs. There is no way it is legal to hold two payments for the same seats. Unfortunately we who are affected are too small of a group to bring any type of meaningful lawsuit. The only hope would be pressure from the band.

A class action would be a meaningful lawsuit. But what makes you think the band is even aware of the situation?
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    mcgruff10 said:
    Michael, I'm sorry. If the event is canceled all sales are reversed and buyers are refunded. If the event is rescheduled then you would receive payment. Right now the event is postponed. We have to wait for the event provider to determine if your event is going to be canceled or rescheduled. We can not release your payment at this time.
    It doesn’t make any sense, I sold my fan to fan tickets for Hamilton on March 9 and received payment a month later. Their messages don’t add up if some payments are going out. 
    SHZA said:
    JBob87 said:

A class action would be a meaningful lawsuit. But what makes you think the band is even aware of the situation?
    Yea, you’re right. I’m sure they aren’t, my post may have been a bit harsh in that regard. I guess I would hope at this point at least someone from 10c /mgmt was aware.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    edited April 2020
    I mean, the fact that it's postponed is totally between TM and the new buyer.  You're not involved any longer. You sold your tickets!  I can't believe TM is doing this. I mean I can, but.......unreal

edit.....responding to mcgruff10
    I mean, the fact that it's postponed is totally between TM and the new buyer.  You're not involved any longer. You sold your tickets!  I can't believe TM is doing this. I mean I can, but.......unreal

edit.....responding to mcgruff10
    Yes I kept saying that over and over but they did not seem to understand or care.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,815
    edited April 2020
    Like I said before... bands can fight back by Canceling their dates.  Its becoming clearer and clearer we are not going to see any shows in 2020 from any band.  Keeping these shows held in this "postponed" territory with funds locked for god knows how long is an awful way to treat fans (directed at ticketmaster in general not Pearl Jam)

Side note regarding June 30th; My postponed TOOL tickets now say "ticket delivery delayed until June 30th 2020"
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    Alright odd timing but just got a super strange email from TM. Seems like a scam? Anyone else get this? Assume it’s about Canada tickets sold on F2F?

It says in order to get paid I need to fill out a form, fill out a W9 form, and provide a voided check so they can “pay me as a vendor”. That has to be a joke right?

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    "The live industry’s response to the virus has been, when possible, to buy more time and avoid cancellations that would cost artists and promoters millions. Postponing allows promoters to forgo immediately refunding hundreds of millions of dollars worth of tickets back to customers. (By some estimates, according to the New York Times, consumers have spent $1 billion on tickets.)

Ticketmaster has also faced heat from fans in recent days after critics accused the company of changing its refund policy to be less favorable to customers in light of the pandemic. (Ticketmaster denied the accusation and said in a statement that more than 4,000 postponed sporting events and concerts had already authorized refunds.) On Thursday, the New York Times reported that New York state Sen. James Skoufis asked state Attorney General Letitia James to open up an investigation against the Live Nation-owned Ticketmaster, though James’ office said only it was “looking into the matter” and would not confirm an investigation. (Five of the largest festival promoters in the country declined to comment or did not respond to requests for comment on their decision-making process.)"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/promoters-doctors-different-concert-timelines-985662/