Fan to Fan Ticket Money Stuck in Limbo

JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
edited March 2020 in The Porch
Posting a new thread to alert the powers that be as I am sure many are in the same situation.

I sold 2 pairs of tickets on 3/3. Still have not been paid. Yes, I entered my bank account information correctly and saw the small deposits to verify the account.

Called for the 3rd time and finally got what appears to be a competent TM rep on the phone. 

They are saying that my sale proceeds are in limbo until the rescheduled dates are announced but really it seems like it will be until the rescheduled dates occur. They are saying that the fan who bought them has a right to get a refund at which point they would flip back to me and I would have to re-list them. I asked "isn't that really between you and the fan who has the tickets in their account now?" and got "no this is a FAN to FAN" process. I then asked "what about all the other people who have been paid already? why are you able to treat me differently as a customer?" and got crickets.

So basically, PJ + Ticketmaster - you are keeping $600 from me during this economic crisis due to this "fan to fan" and refund technicality. This to me seems like a next level shitty move to lay on fans at a time when money is tight.   

Post edited by JBob87 on

Comments

• I so feel your pain.  I have had to call TM three times and what a cluster fk.  What irony!  Trying to get Ticketmaster to give me money it has been paid twice now... one from me and one from the person who i sold it to on the fan club exchange.  They wont release my money until i enter a credit card although i had 4 other credit cards on my account, but not under the selling area.  huh?  Ok, so i try to enter a credit under the payment options, selling, but options are only for bank account.  oh i already have a debit card on there.  So if you call, it makes you go through a list of your tickets, 3 of which were past tickets.  This is beyond frustrating.  
    LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,892
    I sold on 2/28 and am still waiting for the funds. (As of last time I checked my account on 3/17).  I was told to call again if I don’t get the funds by 3/20.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    I’m waiting for mine as well, I noticed today that I have 2 credits in my account, one for 9 cents and another for 17 cents. Any idea what these are? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited March 2020
    I sold a pair at the end of February and got payed on the 12th of March. It was a  Canadian show and it was my second sale so I did not have to wait for verification. 
    Hawk123 said:
    I’m waiting for mine as well, I noticed today that I have 2 credits in my account, one for 9 cents and another for 17 cents. Any idea what these are? 
    It’s a step they created to validate they’re paying to the right account.  You need to go in to your TM account and confirm the small deposit amounts before they will authorize the full payment.  I confirmed my small amounts over a week ago and am still waiting for the full amount.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Hawk123 said:
    yes, you apparently have to go into your ticketmaster account to verify them.  good luck.  
    LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
    kst said:
    Hawk123 said:
    It’s a step they created to validate they’re paying to the right account.  You need to go in to your TM account and confirm the small deposit amounts before they will authorize the full payment.  I confirmed my small amounts over a week ago and am still waiting for the full amount.
    Hawk123 said:
    yes, you apparently have to go into your ticketmaster account to verify them.  good luck.  
    Thank you both! I had no idea this step was involved but found the verification section in my account. I really appreciate the help with this
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Hawk123 said:
    kst said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Thank you both! I had no idea this step was involved but found the verification section in my account. I really appreciate the help with this
    Did you have any luck with this? As previously mentioned, I sold and successfully received payment for tickets using F2F. After inquiring on the delay for tickets I sold on March 7, I was told yesterday that they are holding all payments. I had two different reps provide contradicting statements (one stated the freeze applies to all payments, and one told me that it applies only for refunds). 

I fortunately am not in desperate need for that money to be deposited, but would obviously like it sooner than later. Putting a freeze on refunds makes some sense. However, I am not sure how they can hold paying the seller, after someone paid for, and received an item (in this case, tickets).  Just wanted to pass this information along, in the event any of you are in the same boat.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895

I audited my sales and deposits. Looks like they stopped paying about a week ago. 
    SHZA said:

I audited my sales and deposits. Looks like they stopped paying about a week ago. 
    Well, that seems to confirm all payments have been froze, not just refunds. Interest free loan to TM haha
    SHZA said:

Well, that seems to confirm all payments have been froze, not just refunds. Interest free loan to TM haha
    Yes. And the email I got yesterday from Ticketstoday said that while they had provided refunds up to that point, that was no longer an option for now. Would be nice to get the funds by the time the cc bill is due at the end of next month, but I realize people are dealing with far worse. 
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

Yes. And the email I got yesterday from Ticketstoday said that while they had provided refunds up to that point, that was no longer an option for now. Would be nice to get the funds by the time the cc bill is due at the end of next month, but I realize people are dealing with far worse. 
    Yeah, exactly. End of the day, this is more of a minor inconvenience compared to everything else at the moment.

With that said, hopefully this gets ironed out when things settle down (whenever that may be) and doesnt turn into the complete shit show that I am expecting.

Hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
  • oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    I sold my tickets on 3/9 and when I look up my sale section is says "We’ll deposit your payout typically within 7 days after the event."
    oo712 said:
    I sold my tickets on 3/9 and when I look up my sale section is says "We’ll deposit your payout typically within 7 days after the event."
    Same here, same day I sold and just confirmed my account a couple days ago
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    I actually thought I'd been paid for all mine, but this made me check. I've been paid for 3/4 pairs sold. Last sold Mar.6th.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    edited March 2020
    I actually thought I'd been paid for all mine, but this made me check. I've been paid for 3/4 pairs sold. Last sold Mar.6th.
    So, @shza data point seems accurate, showing the last payments were paid out likely 3/4 or 3/5 then completely stopped. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    I sold two weeks ago and nada.  Where in Ticketmaster does it say you have to verify funds?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    I sold two weeks ago and nada.  Where in Ticketmaster does it say you have to verify funds?
    I never received an email saying to verify but if you login from a desktop there is a section in there where you verify the 2 small deposits they sent. Mine were 9 cents and 17 cents. 
    edited March 2020
    Mine says this:
    Total Amount
    CA$310.20
    Payout to
    Not Available

What the fu#&?
    I got an initial email but no follow up email with instructions.   weird. maybe because I sold the day before the tour was postponed?
    I sold on 2/28, verified small deposits on 3/10, and have yet to receive the payout (as of noon today).  I believe they are hoarding our cash.  

For fan to fan sales, this means they are holding onto two payments for the same ticket. That is an outrage if that’s what’s happening.

kst said:
    I sold on 2/28, verified small deposits on 3/10, and have yet to receive the payout (as of noon today).  I believe they are hoarding our cash.  

For fan to fan sales, this means they are holding onto two payments for the same ticket. That is an outrage if that’s what’s happening.
    It is 100% happening. TM is clearly using these funds as an operational loan. Not a lawyer, but have a hard time believing its legal.
    kst said:

That definitely what's happening. The email I received at the time of the sale says the money will be deposited within 7 days of the sale, which is exactly what happened before the shows were postponed. Now, my ticketmaster account under "sold" listings says they pay within 7 days after the event. Seems they are trying to change the terms to allow them to hold the funds. Outrageous indeed. 
    edited March 2020
    kst said:

Not a lawyer, but have a hard time believing its legal.

I am, and handle class actions. This definitely could be a breach of contract or deceptive trade practice. May at least be worth notifying state attorneys general or federal trade commission that TM is taking advantage of consumers during a time of financial hardship. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    kst said:

Not a lawyer, but have a hard time believing its legal.

I am, and handle class actions. This definitely could be a breach of contract or deceptive trade practice. May at least be worth notifying state attorneys general or federal trade commission that TM is taking advantage of consumers during a time of financial hardship. 
    Sign me up. I dont even give my family members interest free loans. 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    SHZA said:

RefreSHA!!

I give that an 8/10 on the BS-o-meter.  

edited March 2020
    kst said:

Haha the response or the email itself? I'll be happy to forward you the entire chain. I'll warn you, my response to her was not pleasant, and possibly X rated lol....
    kst said:

So if you say you don't object to them charging you if the buyer wants a refund they should release the funds promptly, right?