Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Take 1/2 the arena and allocate the tickets via 10C members via the lotto.   Same rules as always.  Anyone caught scalping is banished for life.  All the "real" fans all have an equal chance at getting in for face value.

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers cam sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

What you’re describing here is pretty much the MSG show. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Take 1/2 the arena and allocate the tickets via 10C members via the lotto.   Same rules as always.  Anyone caught scalping is banished for life.  All the "real" fans all have an equal chance at getting in for face value.

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers cam sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

Problem not solved.  This tour, they allocated upwards of 60% of the arenas to the 10C and yet here we are, many long time fans (and more recent ones) missed out due to the numbers involved.  More shows, more dates are the only way to get more seats into the hands of more fans.  NOT stadiums, those suck.
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    NDJeff7 said:
    So my wife has two Ottawa tix on the floor, so I'd like to buy 2 on the wings if they pop up. We are in the U.S. though, so you're saying that she won't be able to sell her Ottawa tix since we are in the U.S?
    Where on the floor? I have 2 on the side...maybe we could work a trade somehow.
    She has 2 in Section A. She's only 5'0'' and our daughter will be sitting with her, so she's worried about how well they'll be able to see. I'd love to work out a trade.....where on the side are you?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Done.  Problem solved.

What percentage of fans in places like Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago, etc. is going to be accommodated by 1/2 of an arena?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Annnd a pair in Nashville came and went
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    Congrats!!!!  Did you use a phone or a computer to purchase?

92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, VA, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
    24 - LA 1 & LA 2, MSG 1, Philadelphia 2, Baltimore 
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    Fan-to-Fan now isn't even an option for Ottawa......something going on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited February 2020
    PJ N DC said:
    Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    Congrats!!!!  Did you use a phone or a computer to purchase?

Thanks! Phone. I am obsessive, was refreshing non-stop every free minute I had since yesterday.  Lost out twice on tix in my cart yesterday.  Crazy thing is I ended up with probably exactly what we would have gotten if we got our 10C tix (124xxx).

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    NDJeff7 said:
    They must be fixing the fees. Had been charging an extra $30 / ticket!
    NDJeff7 said:
    There have been problems with the exchange rate. It's probably only down temporarily while they work on it. 

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500,th time...

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers can sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

So instead of an arena mostly full of fans who bought tix directly at face value.  You want to enable scalpers to make a mint off the bands work?

This is why other bands are using tires pricing now so its not scalpers making all the money they should be making.

If the goal is to sell tickets way below market value you need to control it.  Night and day difference between the shows that do and not support ticket transfer.

It's not like band didn't get the tix in the hands of fans.  They did it so well theres not a bunch of people trying to ditch tickets.  

I like what PJ did.  Fuck scalpers and fuck tired tick let pricing.
  • pjcordpjcord Posts: 77
    Pretty sure they've removed fan-2-fan for the Canadian shows ... it isn't an option for the shows that aren't sold out. Has to be the exchange rate issues regarding buyer/seller price discrepancy. And if so, hopefully it's an effort by PJ/TM to correct a computer error. 
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 274
    Also an issue with US sellers not having Canadian checking/debit account.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Annnd a pair in Nashville came and went
    It's incredible how fast this show goes. I think I've been thisclose many times.......
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    pjcord said:
    Pretty sure they've removed fan-2-fan for the Canadian shows ... it isn't an option for the shows that aren't sold out. Has to be the exchange rate issues regarding buyer/seller price discrepancy. And if so, hopefully it's an effort by PJ/TM to correct a computer error. 
    Not the case.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Done.  Problem solved.

Problem not solved.  This tour, they allocated upwards of 60% of the arenas to the 10C and yet here we are, many long time fans (and more recent ones) missed out due to the numbers involved.  More shows, more dates are the only way to get more seats into the hands of more fans.  NOT stadiums, those suck.
    Except this is a band that doesn't do bigger tours.   When that's not an option what other solutions are there?

I tend to think hybrid tours.  Stadiums for larger markets and arenas for smaller ones. 
  • pjcord said:

Toronto pair was up 10 minutes ago.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

100 Pacer said:
    pjcord said:
    Not the case.
    They did for Ottawa. If you refresh the page the option for F2F is gone. Someone had messed up code or config somewhere and were charging the full face + fee amount for F2F and then adding fees on top.

• pjcord said:
    I've seen a number of f2f for Toronto, numerous in the lower bowl. Keep checking, they go within 1min, and once they are in a cart they drop off. Lot more will appear closer to show date.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • tdawe said:
    Jadler said:
    Lol we have this thing covered around the clock 
    The sun never sets on the Desperate Pearl Jam Fans empire. 
    hahahaha. it is so true. 
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    anyone still having trouble trying to sell canada tickets?
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    pjcord said:
    I've seen a number of f2f for Toronto, numerous in the lower bowl. Keep checking, they go within 1min, and once they are in a cart they drop off. Lot more will appear closer to show date.
    Ya but something has changed in the last 30 minutes it looks like. 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Posts: 576
    edited February 2020
    I haven’t even seen a pair to Baltimore to lose yet and people have lost multiple. 

I have been using my iPhone tho and not a desktop. 
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
    PJNB said:
    pjcord said:
    Ya but something has changed in the last 30 minutes it looks like. 
    Ya when pjcord noted it I refreshed Ottawa page and the filter option for F2F was gone. The bank account issue maybe...but fee issue for sure they should be working on. I have made this exact same mistake in my e-commerce coding work :)

• Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers can sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

You solved a problem, but you did it by changing the bands own rules.  They don't want anyone selling any tickets for more than face value.
    Ticketmaster is going to collect all these bank account numbers and in six months they'll be hacked. So dumb. People used a credit card, just refund the credit card. 

• Nashville has a fan to fan drop right now... Behind the stage
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Can we move all the arguing debating and problem solving to another thread? Just ticket listings/pulls/wins here guys thanks.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Done.  Problem solved.

Then start your own band and make those the rules. Telling a group of men, that somehow you enjoy seeing, that are and always have been left leaning what to do is extremely wrong.  This band is, literally,  not for you.  Do you listen to lyrics? They have, repeatedly told you that they don't want you,  but you keep coming  back here with your free market bullshit.  Go away, they don't want you. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24