nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    The point is, this is a nightmare for a fan. Id rather scalp. I'm out of Baltimore, i'm not refreshing for 40 days AND playing this reverify game every so many refreshes.

Congrats, made it entirely worse for the actual fan.
    That's dumb. I got shut out as well, but I'm happy to know that nobody is making crazy profit on these tix. Still got a month to go and I'm not at all worried about getting tix. 
    Thats dumb. You'd rather not go than some unknown entity make a profit to provide a service? Let capitalism be. Fucking with it makes it worse.
    Essentially, yes. I'd rather know that the room is full of fans than have the option to give some random asshole $1k for a $100 ticket. I never buy from scalpers and never seem to have a problem getting into sold out shows. 
    Im sure thats great...cant do that on the east coast, certainly not tri-state area. You pay the scalpers or dont go.
    I'm in DC. Works great in DC, Balt, NYC, Philly, Boston, etc... You just have to be patient. 
    In the past yes. I dont see how I get in now.
    The theoretical answer is: the same as you used to, which is by checking in on the G2F forum and looking for another member who wants to sell or needs a buddy. But practically it looks like that will be tough as well, since the whole forum is full of ISO MSG/Balt threads. Which points to the real issue: it’s not the transfer restrictions that are causing all of this frustration, it’s the 35K combined tickets available for the two east coast shows. 
    But we all remember how every other tour, we were able to trade, and get each other in right?

How is that not better? I mean this just destroys "following" the band. Which is too bad.
    Why can’t you do that now?
    It seems different now. Way more 0-2 post people asking for tickets. Plus for the first time ever I’ve been approached by members here and on Facebook looking for higher than face value, and acting like they’re doing me a favor because it’s slightly cheaper than stubhub. Then there’s situation like @stickmanhockey, who post tickets saying fir face value, then sells them under the table to the highest bidder right on the site, and avoiding stubhub fees. It just seems harder than ever. But I’m still hopeful I’ll find the right seller here for msg. As many bad people there are lurking here, there’s way more good still , luckily. 
    I hear you. My contention is that the difference is largely driven by the relatively small number of total tickets available, rather than the transferability of the tickets. And the reason I’m confident of that is because we have a real-time A/B experiment happening in front of our eyes. MSG is fully transferable, Bmore not. Both seem to be causing about equal frustration. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • RS65573 said:
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

Radio silence unless of course you violate a board rule. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 
    You mean the company who's only job on this planet is to sell tickets and they can't even get this right without me having to call or wait on a chat to make sure they do their job. 
    computer glitches happen and people fix it....I bet you are PERFECT at your job and NOTHING ever glitches or goes sideways?
    Your defending Ticketmaster? Ok im done. 
    Not defending...but geez..you act like they aren't allowed to have computer issues that they fix! You LOVE them when you get what you want I bet...hypocrite
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    euchrid said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    How do Canadians sell us shows on fan to fan?  asking for a friend.
    Ha :) Looks like issues with TM asking for a Canadian checking account...so people can't list if they don't have one. This might only be related to the type of payment you used since there are tickets going up...but others not able to.  FYI.. if I manage to get a single GA for Toronto and/or Ottawa I will be selling some.
    @PJNB
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    mcgruff10 said:
    euchrid said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ha :) Looks like issues with TM asking for a Canadian checking account...so people can't list if they don't have one. This might only be related to the type of payment you used since there are tickets going up...but others not able to.  FYI.. if I manage to get a single GA for Toronto and/or Ottawa I will be selling some.
    @PJNB
    I think its as simple as I do not have a USD checking account so they will not let me sell tickets that are in USD and reverse for Americans that are trying to sell shows in Canada.
  • HH140540HH140540 Posts: 543
    Who got that Baltimore pair?

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    tdawe said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    The point is, this is a nightmare for a fan. Id rather scalp. I'm out of Baltimore, i'm not refreshing for 40 days AND playing this reverify game every so many refreshes.

Congrats, made it entirely worse for the actual fan.
    That's dumb. I got shut out as well, but I'm happy to know that nobody is making crazy profit on these tix. Still got a month to go and I'm not at all worried about getting tix. 
    Thats dumb. You'd rather not go than some unknown entity make a profit to provide a service? Let capitalism be. Fucking with it makes it worse.
    Essentially, yes. I'd rather know that the room is full of fans than have the option to give some random asshole $1k for a $100 ticket. I never buy from scalpers and never seem to have a problem getting into sold out shows. 
    Im sure thats great...cant do that on the east coast, certainly not tri-state area. You pay the scalpers or dont go.
    I'm in DC. Works great in DC, Balt, NYC, Philly, Boston, etc... You just have to be patient. 
    In the past yes. I dont see how I get in now.
    The theoretical answer is: the same as you used to, which is by checking in on the G2F forum and looking for another member who wants to sell or needs a buddy. But practically it looks like that will be tough as well, since the whole forum is full of ISO MSG/Balt threads. Which points to the real issue: it’s not the transfer restrictions that are causing all of this frustration, it’s the 35K combined tickets available for the two east coast shows. 
    But we all remember how every other tour, we were able to trade, and get each other in right?

How is that not better? I mean this just destroys "following" the band. Which is too bad.
    Why can’t you do that now?
    It seems different now. Way more 0-2 post people asking for tickets. Plus for the first time ever I’ve been approached by members here and on Facebook looking for higher than face value, and acting like they’re doing me a favor because it’s slightly cheaper than stubhub. Then there’s situation like @stickmanhockey, who post tickets saying fir face value, then sells them under the table to the highest bidder right on the site, and avoiding stubhub fees. It just seems harder than ever. But I’m still hopeful I’ll find the right seller here for msg. As many bad people there are lurking here, there’s way more good still , luckily. 
    I hear you. My contention is that the difference is largely driven by the relatively small number of total tickets available, rather than the transferability of the tickets. And the reason I’m confident of that is because we have a real-time A/B experiment happening in front of our eyes. MSG is fully transferable, Bmore not. Both seem to be causing about equal frustration. 
    Very true. I’m trying to stay positive. The money I spent on VF Baltimore tickets was well worth it. Charity plus eliminating 50% of my stress for tickets. I can’t wait to secure msg tickets 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    HH140540 said:

Not me
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    So my wife has two Ottawa tix on the floor, so I'd like to buy 2 on the wings if they pop up. We are in the U.S. though, so you're saying that she won't be able to sell her Ottawa tix since we are in the U.S?
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    RS65573 said:
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 
    You mean the company who's only job on this planet is to sell tickets and they can't even get this right without me having to call or wait on a chat to make sure they do their job. 
    computer glitches happen and people fix it....I bet you are PERFECT at your job and NOTHING ever glitches or goes sideways?
    Not defending...but geez..you act like they aren't allowed to have computer issues that they fix! You LOVE them when you get what you want I bet...hypocrite
    Maybe try paying attention to who your talking to and not name calling.
  • HH140540 said:

Nope. I tried! 2nd pair that popped up this morning, they go immediately. Its super frustrating.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    euchrid said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJNB
    I think its as simple as I do not have a USD checking account so they will not let me sell tickets that are in USD and reverse for Americans that are trying to sell shows in Canada.
    Yep sounds about right
  • RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:

Not defending...but geez..you act like they aren't allowed to have computer issues that they fix! You LOVE them when youget what you want I bet...hypocrite
    WTF is your problem? Frustrated I'm sure, but since when is hypocrite name calling? ALL because I said TM had glitches and they fixed it? 
    Dude, get away from the computer for a while.
  • HH140540 said:

Nope. I tried! 2nd pair that popped up this morning, they go immediately. Its super frustrating.
    When they popped up did the "sold out, check back later" page just change to the normal map page briefly?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    Nice... a pair in 108 row 8 (or close) just came up for Toronto... and then gone. That is where the Vitalogy tickets were
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:

Not defending...but geez..you act like they aren't allowed to have computer issues that they fix! You LOVE them when youget what you want I bet...hypocrite
    WTF is your problem? Frustrated I'm sure, but since when is hypocrite name calling? ALL because I said TM had glitches and they fixed it? 
    My problem is your attitude. I am not a fan of ticketmaster or your lashing out, which makes me neither a hypocrite, nor frustrated. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • kid canadakid canada Posts: 446
    edited February 2020
    euchrid said:
    Nice... a pair in 108 row 8 (or close) just came up for Toronto... and then gone. That is where the Vitalogy tickets were
    Those were my seats. I guess TM finally got the listing up. Still hoping for Nashville!
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    The best option for the band to accommodate as many fans as possible is to play bigger venues (stadiums)

But then all you hear is the complaints about how stadium shows suck and “Get back to the arenas!!!”
    Exactly. Then we hear "play more shows" but most of us would be trying for multiples, so the problem still exists.

Ballparks are awesome. I'll die on this hill. :lol: 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    I got to payment for those same one's, congrats!
    euchrid said:
    Those were my seats. I guess TM finally got the listing up. Still hoping for Nashville!
    Oh wow...so either intentionally or because of a bug...they are holding them back and slowly trickling in
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    Thanks. I hope you get something great.  I really hate that you can lose tix in your cart, total BS.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    NDJeff7 said:
    So my wife has two Ottawa tix on the floor, so I'd like to buy 2 on the wings if they pop up. We are in the U.S. though, so you're saying that she won't be able to sell her Ottawa tix since we are in the U.S?
    Where on the floor? I have 2 on the side...maybe we could work a trade somehow.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • euchrid said:
    euchrid said:
    Oh wow...so either intentionally or because of a bug...they are holding them back and slowly trickling in
    I think it had to do with my bank account information.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • HH140540 said:

When they popped up did the "sold out, check back later" page just change to the normal map page briefly?
    It said someone else beat me to them (a few times, cuz I kept trying), then I refreshed and got the "sold out, check back later" message.

• This morning I've seen several pair of Baltimore tickets become available including a pair of GM tickets.   Had the GM in my queue but once I clicked pay order someone beat me to them.  

Is the Fan Exchange open until the day of the concert?
    A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'
    Barack Obama
  • RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:

My problem is your attitude. I am not a fan of ticketmaster or your lashing out, which makes me neither a hypocrite, nor frustrated. 
    who am I "Lashing Out" at? You attacked me for "defending TM"......I am not a fan or your attitude either
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited February 2020
    For the 500th time...

Take 1/2 the arena and allocate the tickets via 10C members via the lotto.   Same rules as always.  Anyone caught scalping is banished for life.  All the "real" fans all have an equal chance at getting in for face value.

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers can sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    Good work.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Holy shit I just scored primo STL Tix! 101 Row N. Had to be lightning fast. Wow. Lost out on 101 W and 101 R yesterday. 
    Thanks. I hope you get something great.  I really hate that you can lose tix in your cart, total BS.

I'm good, already have tickets, just trying to upgrade. That is the 4th time I lost at payment
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    MC78498 said:
    This morning I've seen several pair of Baltimore tickets become available including a pair of GM tickets.   Had the GM in my queue but once I clicked pay order someone beat me to them.  

Is the Fan Exchange open until the day of the concert?
    Yes

"...I changed by not changing at all..."