Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know people who went 2-2, 4-4 ,3-4 etc get angry and jump on other members when they complain about this latest ticket process, but honestly this sucks. I commend PJ so much for what they’re doing. I really do. But this has shown me something I’d never expect to say. I want stubhub and the secondary market. I’m sure people here who struck out on the lottery, verified fan, gtf forum and now this would gladly pay just for peace of mind and more importantly, your time. Reading this forum and seeing how people were trying all night makes me feel bad. This is no way to try to see your favorite band. It’s still early, and hopefully everyone here eventually scores, but at what cost? 
    I went 3 for 3 and I couldn’t agree with you more. If I was trying to get tickets for a show I struck out on and had ZERO options, I’d be pretty upset going through this process. The time factor alone is well worth paying 2, 3, 4 times face value for many people. 
    People who have the means to buy tickets on the secondary market will always want this option, as it’s better to spend $$ than to miss out

People without the means to buy tickets on StubHub will always want face value and be mad at anything listed above that

It is an impossible situation for the band

Not quite impossible. A choice was made to not skip the east entirely but to play 2 public shows, fully knowing the majority of fans will be shut out. One MSG show compares to 0.1 shows virtually anywhere else. There needed to be at least one MSG show and it seems obvious why.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    The point is, this is a nightmare for a fan. Id rather scalp. I'm out of Baltimore, i'm not refreshing for 40 days AND playing this reverify game every so many refreshes.

Congrats, made it entirely worse for the actual fan.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    RS65573 said:
    The point is, this is a nightmare for a fan. Id rather scalp. I'm out of Baltimore, i'm not refreshing for 40 days AND playing this reverify game every so many refreshes.

Except for all of the actual fans who got tickets in the lottery. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know people who went 2-2, 4-4 ,3-4 etc get angry and jump on other members when they complain about this latest ticket process, but honestly this sucks. I commend PJ so much for what they’re doing. I really do. But this has shown me something I’d never expect to say. I want stubhub and the secondary market. I’m sure people here who struck out on the lottery, verified fan, gtf forum and now this would gladly pay just for peace of mind and more importantly, your time. Reading this forum and seeing how people were trying all night makes me feel bad. This is no way to try to see your favorite band. It’s still early, and hopefully everyone here eventually scores, but at what cost? 
    I went 3 for 3 and I couldn’t agree with you more. If I was trying to get tickets for a show I struck out on and had ZERO options, I’d be pretty upset going through this process. The time factor alone is well worth paying 2, 3, 4 times face value for many people. 
    People who have the means to buy tickets on the secondary market will always want this option, as it’s better to spend $$ than to miss out

People without the means to buy tickets on StubHub will always want face value and be mad at anything listed above that

It is an impossible situation for the band
    I hear you, but if this process literally takes multiple days of someone’s time, buying tickets above face value still wins, even when using a median wage. I’m not talking about this being good for wealthy people only. Having that option is better for most. 
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:

Yes but the lottery is a lottery. I won 1 show, and that is great, in past tours, id go to many shows, and that is ruined by this ant-scalping BS. Id much rather pay $500 than 1. not go, 2. play ticketmaster games.
  • RS65573 said:

That's dumb. I got shut out as well, but I'm happy to know that nobody is making crazy profit on these tix. Still got a month to go and I'm not at all worried about getting tix. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    ....I mean, it's almost like there is a reason why communism has continuously failed whenever it's been implemented around the planet throughout history or something.

Paying market price for something might suck, but you know what sucks even more?

Waiting on a fucking breadline. 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    How do Canadians sell us shows on fan to fan?  asking for a friend.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    The best option for the band to accommodate as many fans as possible is to play bigger venues (stadiums)

But then all you hear is the complaints about how stadium shows suck and “Get back to the arenas!!!”
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    RS65573 said:

That's dumb. I got shut out as well, but I'm happy to know that nobody is making crazy profit on these tix. Still got a month to go and I'm not at all worried about getting tix. 
    Thats dumb. You'd rather not go than some unknown entity make a profit to provide a service? Let capitalism be. Fucking with it makes it worse.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Hey, still not as bad as trying to get tix during the TM protest.

You all going to mosh and throw shoes?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

Thats dumb. You'd rather not go than some unknown entity make a profit to provide a service? Let capitalism be. Fucking with it makes it worse.
    Essentially, yes. I'd rather know that the room is full of fans than have the option to give some random asshole $1k for a $100 ticket. I never buy from scalpers and never seem to have a problem getting into sold out shows. 
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

Essentially, yes. I'd rather know that the room is full of fans than have the option to give some random asshole $1k for a $100 ticket. I never buy from scalpers and never seem to have a problem getting into sold out shows. 
    Im sure thats great...cant do that on the east coast, certainly not tri-state area. You pay the scalpers or dont go.
    Saltzy23 said:
    ....I mean, it's almost like there is a reason why communism has continuously failed whenever it's been implemented around the planet throughout history or something.

Paying market price for something might suck, but you know what sucks even more?

Isn’t it the case that NY and CO are the states that have intervened in the market via regulation? They’re the ones who stepped in and mandated what the band can and can’t sell. In the other states, PJ is free to avail themselves of an unregulated free market by selling the exact product they want, which in this case is non-transferable tickets. And you as the consumer are free to vote with your wallet and refuse to buy it, or stop supporting the band. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

Im sure thats great...cant do that on the east coast, certainly not tri-state area. You pay the scalpers or dont go.
    I'm in DC. Works great in DC, Balt, NYC, Philly, Boston, etc... You just have to be patient. 
  • HH140540HH140540 Posts: 543
    Saltzy23 said:

Well said!!
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

I'm in DC. Works great in DC, Balt, NYC, Philly, Boston, etc... You just have to be patient. 
    In the past yes. I dont see how I get in now.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    This thread was more fun before everyone woke up.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I know what's going to happen. I'm going to see a pair, speed race through through the process without looking at everything, successfully buy the pair.....then realize I just spent 9k on the Vitalogy's.
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

The theoretical answer is: the same as you used to, which is by checking in on the G2F forum and looking for another member who wants to sell or needs a buddy. But practically it looks like that will be tough as well, since the whole forum is full of ISO MSG/Balt threads. Which points to the real issue: it’s not the transfer restrictions that are causing all of this frustration, it’s the 35K combined tickets available for the two east coast shows. 
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

The theoretical answer is: the same as you used to, which is by checking in on the G2F forum and looking for another member who wants to sell or needs a buddy. But practically it looks like that will be tough as well, since the whole forum is full of ISO MSG/Balt threads. Which points to the real issue: it’s not the transfer restrictions that are causing all of this frustration, it’s the 35K combined tickets available for the two east coast shows. 
    But we all remember how every other tour, we were able to trade, and get each other in right?

How is that not better? I mean this just destroys "following" the band. Which is too bad.
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:

Except for the large amount more than usual 10c fans who got tickets in the lottery*
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    edited February 2020
    SOLAT7979 said:
    I know what's going to happen. I'm going to see a pair, speed race through through the process without looking at everything, successfully buy the pair.....then realize I just spent 9k on the Vitalogy's.
    Haaaaa. And it looks like Vitalogy tickets arent available for F2F sale. So you’ll be stuck with them! Be careful 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
    RS65573 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

But we all remember how every other tour, we were able to trade, and get each other in right?

How is that not better? I mean this just destroys "following" the band. Which is too bad.
    Why can’t you do that now?
  • PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

Radio silence unless of course you violate a board rule. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 
    You mean the company who's only job on this planet is to sell tickets and they can't even get this right without me having to call or wait on a chat to make sure they do their job. 
    computer glitches happen and people fix it....I bet you are PERFECT at your job and NOTHING ever glitches or goes sideways?
    How do I get Baltimore tickets form a fan who cant go last minute on the board? I cant. How can I buy from a 3rd party...I cant?

How CAN I in any way I used to?
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

Radio silence unless of course you violate a board rule. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 
    You mean the company who's only job on this planet is to sell tickets and they can't even get this right without me having to call or wait on a chat to make sure they do their job. 
    computer glitches happen and people fix it....I bet you are PERFECT at your job and NOTHING ever glitches or goes sideways?
    Your defending Ticketmaster? Ok im done. 
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Finally listed my Ottawa tickets if anyone is interested.  Also...would love 2 x Hamilton tickets if anyone can't go
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    tdawe said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

Why can’t you do that now?
    It seems different now. Way more 0-2 post people asking for tickets. Plus for the first time ever I’ve been approached by members here and on Facebook looking for higher than face value, and acting like they’re doing me a favor because it’s slightly cheaper than stubhub. Then there’s situation like @stickmanhockey, who post tickets saying fir face value, then sells them under the table to the highest bidder right on the site, and avoiding stubhub fees. It just seems harder than ever. But I’m still hopeful I’ll find the right seller here for msg. As many bad people there are lurking here, there’s way more good still , luckily. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    mcgruff10 said:
    How do Canadians sell us shows on fan to fan?  asking for a friend.
    Ha :) Looks like issues with TM asking for a Canadian checking account...so people can't list if they don't have one. This might only be related to the type of payment you used since there are tickets going up...but others not able to.  FYI.. if I manage to get a single GA for Toronto and/or Ottawa I will be selling some.